What's not in version 560's Patch notes?

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Keep in mind Kritty is not a GM and cannot speak with authority on the matter of developer intent unless he has a source (which he may well have).

Well, frankieraye was absolutely floored when I told him, and I figure with something that big, he would have been informed if it was intended. Oh, and he's my source for it being un-intended...b:chuckle
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    FAIRY BOXES

As well as having to be level 70 to open them, you now also have to have Spiritual Cultivation level: Transcendent

Because having completed your 59 culti by 70 is some huge task?
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011

It is when you powerlvl an alt on a diff account just for the sake of being able to open 12 fairyboxes a day instead of 6 P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    It is when you powerlvl an alt on a diff account just for the sake of being able to open 12 fairyboxes a day instead of 6 P:

Protip : Do your culti on your PLevelled alt :D
    edited August 2011
    Protip : Do your culti on your PLevelled alt :D

Hea, it aint MY plvld alt. Since I don't have one o_o; it's just logic.

And srsly I understand it that ppl don't do the culti...

29 culti... @____@" it made me quit all but 2 chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Hea, it aint MY plvld alt. Since I don't have one o_o; it's just logic.

And srsly I understand it that ppl don't do the culti...

29 culti... @____@" it made me quit all but 2 chars.

<---Been this level for 2 months out of fear of said culti.

That said, Just do it. If you can powerlevel an alt, you can do its culti. Especially if its on another account, you can solo all its stuff. Its only a big deal for lazy arseholes.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Trial quest from the Faction Base Manager for Unjust Bowmen has been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited August 2011
    <---Been this level for 2 months out of fear of said culti.

That said, Just do it. If you can powerlevel an alt, you can do its culti. Especially if its on another account, you can solo all its stuff. Its only a big deal for lazy arseholes.

If I would even powerlvl a char. I would do the culti. However I hate it to be ks'ed. So I refuse to ks other ppl just because i wanna rush trough a culti with a higher lvl char D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    If I would even powerlvl a char. I would do the culti. However I hate it to be ks'ed. So I refuse to ks other ppl just because i wanna rush trough a culti with a higher lvl char D:

Whose gonna KS you? Noone does anything aside culti nowadays, places tend to be empty. Its the horrible back+forth, not how busy it is that makes the 29 culti suck b:chuckle
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I wasn't complaining, just adding to the list of changes.

Incidentally. If you have levelled an alt specifically for the purpose of farming boxes then yes, it is a bit of an inconvenience.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Some people are no longer able to log into the game since patching.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/liandera/2011-08-3107-16-55.jpg

I want to see the new changes! b:cry

Edit: to the above poster.... this is obviously what they are trying to stop. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow.. if that isn't one of the lamest excuses I've ever read. b:chuckle
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    If you are finished sad-raging, I believe I can explain what happened. The Chinese server has these announcements because fewer people buy their version of packs, and when they do, they advertise with the announcement. When it's brought over to our version, they don't think anything of it, and our marketing people don't catch it right away. Suddenly, Duke begins spamming WC all over again. The GMs notice player displeasure, and get it removed as soon as possible.

Long story short, it's not an issue in China because people aren't crazy about their packs like PWI players are.

Thank you much for the reply and info. At least now I have an explanation that I can live with knowing it's being worked on.

Thanks much. (Respects)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    For catalogging purposes it appears you can die in delta, but bp doesn't work on vortex there anymore. You also get 10 expiring guardian scrolls so you can do it without as much risk of exp loss. :) PK has been disabled.

Also, core client supposedly has an overlay feature that I have yet to be able to use and this should be coming for future people that allows you to chat with your friends etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If PWE knows that this happens when this is brought over from the Chinesse version, shouldn't they actually LOOK FOR IT before patching so they can fix it BEFORE players complain?

that would require actually testing the patches before rolling them out. they don't do that, or they'd have no reason to be surprised when some forum mod tells them "hey, we can fly and PK bluenames in secret passage this morning!".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Also, core client supposedly has an overlay feature that I have yet to be able to use and this should be coming for future people that allows you to chat with your friends etc

Core Client crashes for me everytime when i try this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
    edited August 2011

That sucks, ofc the most exciting feature is also the most buggy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Some people are no longer able to log into the game since patching.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/liandera/2011-08-3107-16-55.jpg

I want to see the new changes! b:cry

Edit: to the above poster.... this is obviously what they are trying to stop. :P

If anyone else has this problem download serverlist.txt from here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30899505884967371091

And place it in the folder
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    For catalogging purposes it appears you can die in delta, but bp doesn't work on vortex there anymore. You also get 10 expiring guardian scrolls so you can do it without as much risk of exp loss. :) PK has been disabled.

I've tested the overlay feature, and it works like a charm. Chat is a feature coming later, so you really aren't missing much at the moment. The not working thing might have to do with your PWI client not being recognized as being downloaded by the CORE client. If this is the case, you (according to frankieraye) have to use the CORE client to re-download and install the game, and then remove the old game. This way, your client will recognize the game it downloaded to the correct folder (which apparently changes with the CORE client's release), and will allow the features to work correctly in those games. The odd thing I found, is that Rusty Hearts, though a previous install, worked with the CORE client with no modification...

Hmm...are you sure you joined before two years ago (can't tell)? That might be causing your issues, since this is only intended to be used in its current beta stages by those who have had an account with PWE for at least 2 years.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So, why does PWE have no knowledge of any changes in-game? They are like five year olds, lol. Hoping and praying that after patching the game, everything still works okay.

Has anyone figured out how to activate this possible "barb aggro buff"?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The menu from viewing a character with an Eye Of Observation (or jungle belt) seems to have been fixed so that text no longer overlaps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    If anyone else has this problem download serverlist.txt from here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30899505884967371091

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\server

Do you know of any workarounds for core client? You seem to be generally knowledgable about how to figure out workarounds.b:surrender Does anyone? I don't want to reinstall just for a beta product that won't even work as intended. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited August 2011
    So, why does PWE have no knowledge of any changes in-game? They are like five year olds, lol. Hoping and praying that after patching the game, everything still works okay.

Has anyone figured out how to activate this possible "barb aggro buff"?

I found the new aggro buff in Caster Nirv.
    You get 15 taunt charms that you can cast on a mob in there that increase the aggro of the caster.

When I saw the new buff I assumed it was for barbs but I guess that's wrong. No love for you!

Do you know of any workarounds for core client? You seem to be generally knowledgable about how to figure out workarounds.b:surrender Does anyone? I don't want to reinstall just for a beta product that won't even work as intended. :P
    I dont use that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited August 2011
    I dont use that.

Darn, alright. Just gonna keep trying to figure something out haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Ryufu - Raging Tide
    Ryufu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Thanks so much! But what if you run a Mac? I have been using PWI on CrossOverGames and encounter a lot of updating issues... I downloaded the file you gave, but I searched for the anything called patcher or server and it wasn't found in my finder...

Okay, never mind, I figured it out. Thank you so much.
    ;3
    edited August 2011
    Thanks so much! But what if you run a Mac? I have been using PWI on CrossOverGames and encounter a lot of updating issues... I downloaded the file you gave, but I searched for the anything called patcher or server and it wasn't found in my finder...

/Users/<Username>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/<bottle name>/drive_c/Program Files/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/patcher/server/serverlist.txt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Hopefully you get this before you attempt to redownload/reinstall the game, but here goes...

I had a similar question with core client and did a little research. From what I found, it seems that core client will scan your Windows Start menu for a default installation of PWI to display. More specifically it's looking for the Perfect World International shortcut from the Start menu.

To check if you have a shortcut in the default Start menu folder, do the following:

1) Click on your Windows Start menu on the bottom left corner of your desktop (aka the Windows orb thing in the newer versions of windows).
    2) Then click on All Programs >> Perfect World Entertainment >> Perfect World International

If this menu folder does not exist, it may explain why core doesn't recognize your game.

To fix this:
    Make the menu folders
    1) Windows 98 users: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Start Menu\Programs
    or
    Windows 7: Go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

2) Starting from the Programs folder, create the following menu structure: Programs\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

Make the shortcut
    3) Go to your PWI installation folder and go to the \patcher folder.
    4) Right click on the file called patcher.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
    5) Rename this shortcut "Perfect World International", without the quotation marks of course b:laugh

Place the shortcut into the new Start menu folder
    6) Move this new shortcut into the Programs\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International folder that you just created.

After completing those steps, log into core (or relog if you're already in). The game should hopefully be recognized at this point.

b:victory
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I had a similar question with core client and did a little research. From what I found, it seems that core client will scan your Windows Start menu for a default installation of PWI to display. More specifically it's looking for the Perfect World International shortcut from the Start menu.

hahahahahaha
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I believe the Duke shouts are some kind of advertising.

If ppl see the red chat they say wow so much items let's try to buy some packs and see how it's going

Yeah its just too bad most of us just IGNORE all red now since we figure its all just DUKE... so any important information PWI might send out... we ignore. GREAT advertising plan. *FAIL*
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hopefully you get this before you attempt to redownload/reinstall the game, but here goes...

To check if you have a shortcut in the default Start menu folder, do the following:

1) Click on your Windows Start menu on the bottom left corner of your desktop (aka the Windows orb thing in the newer versions of windows).
    2) Then click on All Programs >> Perfect World Entertainment >> Perfect World International

If this menu folder does not exist, it may explain why core doesn't recognize your game.

To fix this:
    Make the menu folders
    1) Windows 98 users: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Start Menu\Programs
    or
    Windows 7: Go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

2) Starting from the Programs folder, create the following menu structure: Programs\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

Make the shortcut
    3) Go to your PWI installation folder and go to the \patcher folder.
    4) Right click on the file called patcher.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
    5) Rename this shortcut "Perfect World International", without the quotation marks of course b:laugh

Place the shortcut into the new Start menu folder
    6) Move this new shortcut into the Programs\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International folder that you just created.

After completing those steps, log into core (or relog if you're already in). The game should hopefully be recognized at this point.

b:victory

Thanks for that info... I am still wondering why people are allowed to PVP inside the secret passage? I dont recall being able to fly in the secretpassage... is this something new? Why the hell would anyone need to FLY in secret passage? Is this another attempt to dumb down the game for the lazy player?