[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 8-30-11

Comments

• ageloc99
    ageloc99 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    well my favorite moment is when i started to fly and was given a temporary flyer that was fast and gone for a week lol...but it was exciting coz i took advantage with that flyer to fly around the map of pwi...awesome viewsb:victory
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    nah eff that....
    i wish pwi kept there word about server switching, or as they called it char transferring... i want to transfer to a pvp server damn it!

lol you got tried of farming 3-2 and 3-3 mats I'm guessing
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Kolydescope - Heavens Tear
    Kolydescope - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've been playing on HT since the birth of PWI. Gold was 50k, charms were 150k to 300k depending on the charm, and grinding was the best way of making coin. So to me, that was my favorite thing. Now it's just greed, power leveling, and noob demon barbs with claws who have less hp, wonder why they died, and blame the cleric. The cleric didn't stat a fail barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    KOLYDESCOPE - SAGE - PURE TANK
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so......u saying barbs can hold agro off us sins now?b:tired

Now that would make the barbs very happy indeed.

After all, barbs are notorious for being the greediest, selfish bunch of the game. No other class has ever been offered free charms or asked free charms for doing stuff.

Oh but wait, not like you need a barb anyway. A barb that can hold aggro is useful in only a few places. Well, BH69, FCC and BH Warsong come to mind. Other than that, the DDs can handle it.

So effectively it wouldn't really change much. Because really, if you can pick between not having aggro and losing a 5 aps DD and having that 5 aps DD and juggling aggro based on spark timing, most people will pick the latter option. Especially if the barb happens to be one of those whiny types that complain about repairs and charm costs.

I sure know I felt damn near useless on my archer. Because really, all I could do was just make things take less time. And during those times, it didn't mean anything at all, except that the barb had a bit less reason to complain about repairs and charm ticks.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Saionji_Eiko - Heavens Tear
    Saionji_Eiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've been playing on HT since the birth of PWI. Gold was 50k, charms were 150k to 300k depending on the charm, and grinding was the best way of making coin. So to me, that was my favorite thing. Now it's just greed, power leveling, and noob demon barbs with claws who have less hp, wonder why they died, and blame the cleric. The cleric didn't stat a fail barb.

Yea, It's the barb's fault from the very beginning for not doing it correctly! Everyone blame's the cleric's but really, It's the person who made the character FAILURE! lol
    ~Heaventear~

~Lv 84 Barb (Arkaius)~
    ~Lv 74 Veno (Adolpha)~
    ~Lv 72 Cleric (Tai_Kishi)~
    ~Lv 38 Mystic (Saionji_Eiko)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What has been your favorite moment so far in your entire history of playing PWI?

I'd have to say it would be a tie between two specific FC runs:

Back when I was in the late 80's. I ended up joining a random FC squad, with my Gnome Saboteur, Jareth, by my side as usual. Well, someone(A seeker IIRC) started the big pull right before Shocktrooper, and it failed, causing a squad wipe by the first two groups of mobs....sort of. Jareth and I ended up being the only ones left alive, and everyone else sat there dead and watched as I kept myself and my pet alive. By the time the cleric managed to get back to res everyone, I had almost all of the mobs dead. That was teh first time I was ever called pro, and It sticks out in my mind.

The second was another FC run I did around the same level. I spotted a worldchat post by a veno named Lorann, looking to put together an FC squad made up of only venomancers and mystics. Needless to say, I had time on my hands and wasn't too far away, so I joined the squad. In the end, it consisted of me and Jareth, Lorann and her Herc(who tanked) another veno with a kowlin, and three mystics. That FC run was the fastest, easiest, and quickest I have ever done. We managed to down each boss in about a minute(except for Runewolf, which took about three) and we even managed to get Weak Diabolic Shocktrooper. I enjoyed that FC run more than any other, it was a lot of fun, and I ended up getting some nice exp/spirit.
  • MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I remember those good old days and now i've seen my 101 veno die in an FB69 cause the barb dies too fast. Wow how i miss the good old days when players had to learn their toons.
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »

Dude enough with the chat, no one cares for it, that is why they invented the game.

only a newbie would go into that pos chat.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    @MouseKiller: so i tried your PvE Heaven's Tear server... i lawled and went back to Harshlandsb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
    edited August 2011
    @MouseKiller: so i tried your PvE Heaven's Tear server... i lawled and went back to Harshlandsb:laugh

That's because it's a drama ring and not a pk pvp server... lol
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No lifing back in the day for very little coin (which bought a lot of gold) and a few % exp an hour.
    edited August 2011
    Uh oh... Smoke break... And where is my deepfried platypus?
  • Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary
    Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My favorite time playing pwi, was before the new classes and bh's and fcc's and politics. Where you had to work for your stuff. Long since gone.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Uh oh... Smoke break... And where is my deepfried platypus?

been on the table for an hour now... >.>

might just have to add you when i log back in on HT server b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011
    been on the table for an hour now... >.>

might just have to add you when i log back in on HT server b:laugh

Good luck with that... My FL has been full for like 1.5 yrs. I wonder when they're gonna expand that?
  • Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary
    Kavaris_Nol - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Frankie, i am gonna try this core connect thing cause u said it is legit. I hope i don'e get a blue screen b:angry
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    Good luck with that... My FL has been full for like 1.5 yrs. I wonder when they're gonna expand that?

Apple: theres an app for that

PWI: theres a stone for that b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Best moment in PWI ?

When after talking to a lady I liked on Vent, we both realized we were meant to each other and each were in bad marriage in game with people not caring about us. I got divorced, the she waited for me to be on to invite me to matchmaker where she divorced her "in -gmae husband" right in front of me. We married shortly after and she is still my wife AND real life gf since then. Been around 14 months soon :P
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Pi_Ka_Chu - Sanctuary
    Pi_Ka_Chu - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Best moment hmm

Well i liked the one with free mount and fash last 1st september :3

.. speakin of that >.>" ... this year there isn't any gifties ? :( I only see tons of aniv. sales x.x
  • dream2die
    dream2die Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Best moment: Trying to kill yourself on low level mobs at the lvl 39 culti, go afk, come back and find you're still alive with a non English speaking Cleric spam healing me. Took me 5 minutes to explain I didn't want to be healed b:laugh
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Frankie, i am gonna try this core connect thing cause u said it is legit. I hope i don'e get a blue screen b:angry

I think that core client is a closed beta, so expect some BSODsb:avoid
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    almost 1 hour left and no attempts to get over page 100... tsk tsk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Apple: theres an app for that

PWI: theres a stone for that b:laughb:chuckle
    So true. b:cry
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Taking Archosaur with Equinox for the first time.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    its quiet... a little too quiet... maybe mousekiller is hunting mice... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shanabee - Harshlands
    Shanabee - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    my fav moment was 3 days ago when my psy finally get 20k+ soulforces instead of the damn 19974 b:chuckle omg rly i couldnt look at this anymoreb:laugh
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i wonder why we dont get some gifts!!!!since first aniversary we got used to get gifts!!!!come on gms be nice and send us some aniversary gifts XD
    edited August 2011
    its quiet... a little too quiet... maybe mousekiller is hunting mice... b:avoid

Actually that's a funny story... This toon got it's name because I was trying to erradicate the little buggers infesting my house with a .22 cal air rifle. After I popped one under the couch I made this toon.
  • Shanabee - Harshlands
    Shanabee - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    dream2die wrote: »
    Best moment: Trying to kill yourself on low level mobs at the lvl 39 culti, go afk, come back and find you're still alive with a non English speaking Cleric spam healing me. Took me 5 minutes to explain I didn't want to be healed b:laugh

haha thats fun b:laugh
  • Saionji_Eiko - Heavens Tear
    Saionji_Eiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    everyone is probably sleeping at their computers waiting for PWI to come back up to play it again. LOL

That's why everyone isn't here replying to thsi topic!
    ~Heaventear~

~Lv 84 Barb (Arkaius)~
    ~Lv 74 Veno (Adolpha)~
    ~Lv 72 Cleric (Tai_Kishi)~
    ~Lv 38 Mystic (Saionji_Eiko)
This discussion has been closed.