MMOsite covered our PWIC Team!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Looks like MMOsite is featuring a story on our PWIC team - check it out, and don't miss the new PWIC video inside.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-08-17/1st_global_pvp_tournament_for_perfect_world_international_interview,1.shtml
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Need live streaming for the final battles.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Reserved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wow susa is so famous now, with his interviewz. Which one of your players was australlian?
    Unban me.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Nice to see MMOsite readers agree that this is pretty pointless.

Also:
    No one has a major advantage over anyone else in this game unless there is something about the game that is unknown to most.

Riiiiight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fe3lgood
    fe3lgood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    gl team pwib:pleased
    getting perma-banned isnt awesomeb:sad
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Nice to see MMOsite readers agree that this is pretty pointless.

Also:

Riiiiight.

I think that comment was in relation to the various teams that are competing in PWIC from the different versions of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think that comment was in relation to the various teams that are competing in PWIC from the different versions of the game.

I kind of thought the same, but then it should be ''No one has a major advantage over anyone else in this competition''. In that case it would be true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey all,

Looks like MMOsite is featuring a story on our PWIC team - check it out, and don't miss the new PWIC video inside.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-08-17/1st_global_pvp_tournament_for_perfect_world_international_interview,1.shtml

Here's a thought. Instead of posting worthless **** the community doesn't care about why don't you go in the near future and coming soon yourself.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey all,

I lol'd. These are the best players on PWI? How so? Define best, because being best geared is BS. What about talented players that can't afford to CS? Morons...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    meh, without cross server PvP i think any stroking of ego about who is the best on the game is a little cocky. But hey, a lot of the best boxers are cocky too. So long as they do good at the tourney, who cares?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fisga - Lost City
    Fisga - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I lol'd. These are the best players on PWI? How so? Define best, because being best geared is BS. What about talented players that can't afford to CS? Morons...

I don't CS :P
    100% F2P PWIC Finalist Cleric b:victory
    You registered on: 2008-07-31 23:11:17 :P
    edited August 2011

Let me re-word: CS or heavy Merch.

What I, as well as other people have stated is -- how was it a fair competition, when only players who have heavy merch'd or CS win? Does being able to merch or have a big wallet, mean that you are a pro player in PWI? What about the players who are great, talented, and best of their class, but run around w/ TT99 or Nirvana first stage sets, with +5 refines or under? They get one or two shot against a R9 in any PvP instance, so how can this determine player skills? If all players that competed had the same gear/level, then yes -- this would have been a competition of who is the best player. However, it was merely a competition of who has dropped the most real life cash in the game and knew their class OR who has merch'd the best in the game.

You can't farm full R9 +12 w/ JoSD 4 soc all gear. It has to be merch'd or CS'd. Only the players who were heavy CS'ers or merchants had a chance in this event. How does that test player skills?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    At first I thought they spawned those dragons just for fun, until I saw the video.. derp.

And good lord Trem..
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    o.O when did this happen?
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
    edited August 2011
    At first I thought they spawned those dragons just for fun, until I saw the video.. derp.

And good lord Trem..

Lol, I didn't do eeet. b:surrenderb:shocked
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If all players that competed had the same gear/level, then yes -- this would have been a competition of who is the best player. However, it was merely a competition of who has dropped the most real life cash in the game and knew their class OR who has merch'd the best in the game.

100% this, for one, I could guarantee that I'd be one of the best BM PvPers on this game, shamefully I aint prepared to dump all my cash into this game, or dump my life into this game for that matter, I'm quite happy to just jump on a private server for pure PvP with everyone running about in what's most likely semi-even gear, without the fish to Op the game, thank god.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    100% this, for one, I could guarantee that I'd be one of the best BM PvPers on this game, shamefully I aint prepared to dump all my cash into this game, or dump my life into this game for that matter, I'm quite happy to just jump on a private server for pure PvP with everyone running about in what's most likely semi-even gear, without the fish to Op the game, thank god.

This.

I take breaks to play what I wish my Wizard could be at times b:chuckle

Someday il win the lottery and she WILL be b:angry

~On topic, wanna announce something that we give a **** about frankie? Only 7 people care about that tourny over alllll the other things you could be doing right now.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Interesting article.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Let me re-word: CS or heavy Merch.

What I, as well as other people have stated is -- how was it a fair competition, when only players who have heavy merch'd or CS win? Does being able to merch or have a big wallet, mean that you are a pro player in PWI? What about the players who are great, talented, and best of their class, but run around w/ TT99 or Nirvana first stage sets, with +5 refines or under? They get one or two shot against a R9 in any PvP instance, so how can this determine player skills? If all players that competed had the same gear/level, then yes -- this would have been a competition of who is the best player. However, it was merely a competition of who has dropped the most real life cash in the game and knew their class OR who has merch'd the best in the game.

You can't farm full R9 +12 w/ JoSD 4 soc all gear. It has to be merch'd or CS'd. Only the players who were heavy CS'ers or merchants had a chance in this event. How does that test player skills?
    I know people who can easily farm 30+ mil a day. It would take maybe two months to get full rank 9 at that rate. If you're willing to put enough time into this game, then getting full r9 shouldn't be too much of a problem. And if you learn to merch, it'll be even faster. Merchanting isn't a unique talent available to only a few people. You need to go out, learn what the most common ways are, and then do them, or maybe take some risks and try your own ways. QQing about the fact that some people put some effort into this game isn't going to get you anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hmm...Interesting.
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2011

What I, as well as other people have stated is -- how was it a fair competition, when only players who have heavy merch'd or CS win? Does being able to merch or have a big wallet, mean that you are a pro player in PWI? What about the players who are great, talented, and best of their class, but run around w/ TT99 or Nirvana first stage sets, with +5 refines or under? They get one or two shot against a R9 in any PvP instance, so how can this determine player skills?

+1

I agree with that

Someone even tried to make me believe he FARMED 300 000 rep whitout buying (from catshop nor boutique) a single rep badge, yeah right...

I personnaly think reputation should have never been buyable (liek badges not existing, at all) so , as the true meaning of things, reputation would have really showed how active u were to help community doing fb's and such. I'm not going rank gear for that even on my main cause I want my reputation to really reflex the in game wokr I have done.

Taking that point in view, R8 and R9 would have been attainable just to real hardcore players and people would know they actually have TONS of hours of practice. Sure, some are faster learner then some, and people will say "well this game don't require skills", they can go hide.

I would have liked in boutique was just really for "optional" stuff, now, you just need a credit card and you can get in one slide of it, what some players could literally take years to get.

Of course, they make the game stay alive and free for others, but even if armor and rank would have never been purchable, surely devs would have found some items to keep them busy spending.

I didn't even want to try packs, and my merchanding skills are way below average. I ended up putting more and taking packs to "risk" better gear.

Anyway, kinda went wayyy off topic here but he brought a point that really makes me shrug.

Championnship was a nice idea, but like Tremblewith said, unless u were a big merchander or cs'er, someone's chance to go were as low as getting a SoT in 3 packs in a row.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Someone even tried to make me believe he FARMED 300 000 rep whitout buying (from catshop nor boutique) a single rep badge, yeah right...

I don't see how that's so hard to believe. Anyone can easily farm 110mil and then buy the rep from someone in trade and therefore not using the catshop or boutique.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    quote:

Interview: (Interviewees were Susamajii, NyKage, and Spliffany. The others could not make it.)
    Q: Can you explain the strategy behind your team's class composition, specifically the use of two Venomancers?

A: We went with the double Venomancer for two reasons. One, extra Purge (debuff) makes enemies easier to kill, and two, Magic doesn't miss. The Assassin is there to kill people. Blademaster is there to lock up opposing players. The Barb is there to be annoying.

A: (translated). We really wanted a heavy cs team for two reasons. One, you cs = you pro, makes enemies easier to kill without skills, and two, money rules. The fish is op so he owns. BM is here for 2md former sin because he didn't sell his car right in time to upgrade his gear.
    Barb is here for buff. Luckily we could buy our gear so Im optimistic.
    edited August 2011
    I know people who can easily farm 30+ mil a day. It would take maybe two months to get full rank 9 at that rate. If you're willing to put enough time into this game, then getting full r9 shouldn't be too much of a problem. And if you learn to merch, it'll be even faster. Merchanting isn't a unique talent available to only a few people. You need to go out, learn what the most common ways are, and then do them, or maybe take some risks and try your own ways. QQing about the fact that some people put some effort into this game isn't going to get you anywhere.

I just verified that while R9 is farmable over a long period of time (no ****, right?), it can't be farmed even w/ solo Nirvana runs in 2 months of 20 runs per day. I can take screenshots of guildies in my TW faction stating this and send them via PM if ya need. It's just not humanly possible. Also, I wasn't stating even base R9. I clearly stated a full set of R9, +12 w/ JoSD. That's 10bil+ worth of coins. Think that's farmable in-game in two months? Lol, no. But hey, you can CS and merch it in weeks, maybe even days if ya try hard enough, right?
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just verified that while R9 is farmable over a long period of time (no ****, right?), it can't be farmed even w/ solo Nirvana runs in 2 months of 20 runs per day. I can take screenshots of guildies in my TW faction stating this and send them via PM if ya need. It's just not humanly possible. Also, I wasn't stating even base R9. I clearly stated a full set of R9, +12 w/ JoSD. That's 10bil+ worth of coins. Think that's farmable in-game in two months? Lol, no. But hey, you can CS and merch it in weeks, maybe even days if ya try hard enough, right?

uhm idk but on lost city with gold at 1.2mil it cost 2bil to get full rank9 +10 wep which is 700mil.If you need 10bil coins on HT that means gold is at 5mil a piece b:shocked
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't see how that's so hard to believe. Anyone can easily farm 110mil and then buy the rep from someone in trade and therefore not using the catshop or boutique.
    o_o, even O_O.

Anyone can easy farm 110mil ?

More, I was not at game some time, are there all players with +12 refinements already ?

If one man can buy all gold during some period of time
    (see http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2917/asdf111.jpg ),then what can buy other players ? I mean all of them, not someone with billions of coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2011

some people cant afford the electricity bill to leave their computer on 24/7, 365 day per year for 2-3 years....b:cry
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    LC team sounds uncharacteristically humble in this interview o.o
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Make 10 bil in a couple days? If that were true then all the merchants would have all their alts decked out in r9 +12 JOSD. And as I have already pointed out, merchanting is available to everyone. It does not make sense to say that it is unfair if some people actually learn how to do it, while others just complain about it. I agree that not everyone can spend $1500 on a game, or leave their computers on 24/7, but neither is required to make money in this game. As for my previous post, I was pointing out that a person can farm r9 in 2 months if they try. And again +12 with JOSD is still possible, it would just take a lot longer. But then, if everything were easy in this game, there would be no point in playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ...I agree that not everyone can spend $1500 on a game, or leave their computers on 24/7, but neither is required to make money in this game. As for my previous post, I was pointing out that a person can farm r9 in 2 months if they try. And again +12 with JOSD is still possible, it would just take a lot longer. But then, if everything were easy in this game, there would be no point in playing.

Can you calculate how it can be possible?

There are 20,000 players at one server (for example).

1,000 of them buy gold (about 10 gold every month each).

8 gold of those 10 they use for own purposes (consumable items, bounded items etc.)

2,000 of gold left (per month).

How can 19,000 other players can get at least 10 gold each per month (to buy own consumable items, bounded items etc.) ?

P.S.
    This is how it works: 1,000 or even less of 19,000 get gold, other 18,000 players work hard to get something (nothing ?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]