Scamming Trash!!

Options
Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
I can't stand some of these thieves that prey on unsuspecting honest people! I see scumbag low lifes scamming almost every day in the middle of W.Arch, and it really ticks me off!! I think there should be a harsher penalty for people who are caught or reported scamming. For example, my friend saw a guy selling a (2 soc) +5 Goernox for only 750k. He Traded the guy making the mistake of not checking the icon to see if it was the same weap that was origionally linked and ended up with some low level npc material junk! Another friend of mine fell for a scam giving some girl his pants so that she could "dye them white or black." Yes, it was not wise for him to fall for the scam, but it doesn't make it right! He never saw his pants after that! Another classic scammer in W.Arch was the Blue Nix scammer. She used 2 different names one wanting to trade things like stone of the savent for a blue nix and the other name was selling blue nix for like 20 mil. Then there was Crazy Stone scammer - I fell for that one! They over charge on one stone. It's just sad that people pull this b:fatb - GMs please crack down on these thieves. b:angry
Post edited by Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rage moar.

Stupid people deserve to get scammed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    GM's can't make up for player stupidity. Sorry. :/
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah actually i agree that the scammers are getting out of hand. luckily i ve never been scammed yet but its not just irritating but it will soon start to effect the game play i believe. there are still some points in the game when you need to trust the other people.

also people who scam;
    how stupid are you guys, to play we all need to buy and sell things, its not like you re making a hit and run.. you re gonna have to sell stuff again later anyway, why would you kill your future options like that?

i am an honest person in game, always pay my debts, and always try to be fair and i can tell you that with the friends i made and people who trust me and i know i can trust them, it makes the game easier and much more fun to play than a couple mil coin..
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rage moar.

Stupid scammers deserve to lose everything.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To be scammed is an important learning experience sure you hate it sure it sucks to happen to anyone even yourself. However if we didn't get scammed there are kids who play on this game they need to learn thats what people are like you gotta watch your pockets or someone might try to replace your coins with cons. And I bet after falling for that scam you didn't fall for it again? Right? Its a lesson no they shouldn't be doing it its not nice at all but it teaches people to watch what they are getting themselves into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I can't stand some of these thieves that prey on unsuspecting honest people! I see scumbag low lifes scamming almost every day in the middle of W.Arch, and it really ticks me off!! I think there should be a harsher penalty for people who are caught or reported scamming. For example, my friend saw a guy selling a (2 soc) +5 Goernox for only 750k. He Traded the guy making the mistake of not checking the icon to see if it was the same weap that was origionally linked and ended up with some low level npc material junk! Another friend of mine fell for a scam giving some girl his pants so that she could "dye them white or black." Yes, it was not wise for him to fall for the scam, but it doesn't make it right! He never saw his pants after that! Another classic scammer in W.Arch was the Blue Nix scammer. She used 2 different names one wanting to trade things like stone of the savent for a blue nix and the other name was selling blue nix for like 20 mil. Then there was Crazy Stone scammer - I fell for that one! They over charge on one stone. It's just sad that people pull this b:fatb - GMs please crack down on these thieves. b:angry

Trading

- Set a stall when trading your item to someone for $
    - Have them set a stall when trading an item to you for $

Buying from a Stall

- Always take the time to fully check the item and the price within EACH slot before buying.
    - Example: One person was selling Teles for 9k but the next slot he was selling them for 90k

It's a Scam If

- You want something for almost free
    - They want to borrow your fashion to try it on
    - They want to borrow your weapon/avaition to test it out
    - You get pmed by a friend, and told to drop your item to a person nearby

Be Careful When

- Asking someone you do not know to craft for you

- Heading to an Instance and a person asks for lead and then kicks/reinvites everyone (odds are they reset the way items are distributed)

- Someone continually asks to borrow charms, $ or item and never gives them back

- Someone confides that they just might quit the game if they do not have A, B or C and QQ's you contineously.

Just.... learn to say NO - learn to look at what people are trading and what you are buying. Watch WHO you trust.

Its YOUR $ - YOUR time and YOUR effort - so safeguard all that you have.... Time is free, just help them out to farm an item if they need it so very badly, but within reason.

:)
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Trading

- Set a stall when trading your item to someone for $
    - Have them set a stall when trading an item to you for $

Buying from a Stall

- Always take the time to fully check the item and the price within EACH slot before buying.
    - Example: One person was selling Teles for 9k but the next slot he was selling them for 90k

It's a Scam If

- You want something for almost free
    - They want to borrow your fashion to try it on
    - They want to borrow your weapon/avaition to test it out
    - You get pmed by a friend, and told to drop your item to a person nearby

Be Careful When

- Asking someone you do not know to craft for you

- Heading to an Instance and a person asks for lead and then kicks/reinvites everyone (odds are they reset the way items are distributed)

- Someone continually asks to borrow charms, $ or item and never gives them back

- Someone confides that they just might quit the game if they do not have A, B or C and QQ's you contineously.

Just.... learn to say NO - learn to look at what people are trading and what you are buying. Watch WHO you trust.

Its YOUR $ - YOUR time and YOUR effort - so safeguard all that you have.... Time is free, just help them out to farm an item if they need it so very badly, but within reason.

:)

Requesting this post be made into a new thread and then have said thread stickied. People need to learn how to stop getting scammed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Fuzzy thanks you for such a stimulating intellectual reply to a thread.

But on topic, the best defence to a scam is common sense. Not much more needs to be said on the issue from the panda's point of view.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To be scammed is an important learning experience sure you hate it sure it sucks to happen to anyone even yourself. However if we didn't get scammed there are kids who play on this game they need to learn thats what people are like you gotta watch your pockets or someone might try to replace your coins with cons. And I bet after falling for that scam you didn't fall for it again? Right? Its a lesson no they shouldn't be doing it its not nice at all but it teaches people to watch what they are getting themselves into.
    Yup. The "hot stove" analogy comes to mind in that most people need to learn the hard way at first. My wife wasn't paying attention when buying up rep badges at a cat shop selling extremely cheap by the commander in chief at Archosaur, and didn't notice they added an extra digit on one stack, which screwed her out of I think 10m coins. As it was she rarely ever used shops to buy things from the CS as ppl tend to sell for profit, but she sure learned a lesson to check first before buying, and we earned back the 10m in another hour or so.

I personally think it's a better idea to let people be educated on being careful and sometimes touch the hot stove than be excessively coddled and protected by the GM's, although this is a wash anyways since it's rather implausible for GM's to micro-manage shops/trades like this.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Haha when I see that shiit in west arch i think "do people actually fall for that stuff? God they must be dumb as rocks." Someone asked to try my spec haze wings to see how they looked on him. He was thinking of buying them. I said sure gimme 30 mil coins to hold onto while you look at them... no reply.

If you're dumb enough to not check item before trading, double check price before buying from a catshop, give items to people with no collateral or compensation, well then you deserved to get scammed you naive mentally retarrded stupid *** kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

But on topic, the best defence to a scam is common sense. Not much more needs to be said on the issue from the panda's point of view.

A very wise panda indeed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Stupid scammers deserve to lose everything.

Thank you!! Those people who said that are probably scammers themselves. Just because people aren't thinking or aren't wise enough to not fall for a scam DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT TO SCAM!!! b:angry
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It isn't right to scam, but does that make it ok for someone to complete a transaction for millions of coins without actually paying attention to what they are buying?

Fuzzy thinks not.

And if a player is running an obvious scam, that is what the screen shot and ticket system is there to support you for.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Haha when I see that shiit in west arch i think "do people actually fall for that stuff? God they must be dumb as rocks." Someone asked to try my spec haze wings to see how they looked on him. He was thinking of buying them. I said sure gimme 30 mil coins to hold onto while you look at them... no reply.

If you're dumb enough to not check item before trading, double check price before buying from a catshop, give items to people with no collateral or compensation, well then you deserved to get scammed you naive mentally retarrded stupid *** kid.

I'm not dumb enough to fall for obvious scams, but I have fallen for the Crazy Stone scam before and any smart player can do the same thing. Which is why whether you are smart or not, scamming really shouldn't be justafied.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I certainly agree with FuzzyWuzz on this case, but I tend to believe that some people really should get kicked from the game for obvious scams, namely the token one. But again, it's as easy as it looks to do it. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not dumb enough to fall for obvious scams, but I have fallen for the Crazy Stone scam before and any smart player can do the same thing.

Sorry, but scam or not, as Fuzzy sees it, smart players running their crazy stone quest don't buy stones from catshops to begin with since it is obvious they are, scam or no, trying to turn a profit. Smart players combine their own stones in that example.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It isn't right to scam, but does that make it ok for someone to complete a transaction for millions of coins without actually paying attention to what they are buying?

Fuzzy thinks not.

And if a player is running an obvious scam, that is what the screen shot and ticket system is there to support you for.

I guess that's how we learn the hard way. :/
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    should get kicked from the game for obvious scams, namely the token one.

Fuzzy has noticed that PWI has changed the Best token to a different color now... perhaps to the observant, this helps avoid the scam?
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • PearlBreeze - Raging Tide
    PearlBreeze - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I totally dont agree with u .Thats exactly why all of the countries are going to hell.
    You saying its a learning ability .So i gues i run thru red lights until i get caught ?
    And then learn because i get a ticket of the police.Thats the same as what you are saying.

When people should learn before they run red lights that its dangerous and u can kill some one.That is learning something really important.

Not stopping cuz u get fined.

Scammers dont have the ability to feel what its like when they hurt people.Kids wont have that either unless its teached to them in this way up front .

You dont like it when u worked hard for any items and someone just takes it from you .
    Give them the role of the scammed one .

Scammers seem to miss out on teaching of there parents and dont have empathy for other people.

Thats a big flaw in there upbringing.

Further more saying that this is also human behavour ure totally wrong .

Cause humans are normally more like dogs there group people not solo people that why we have the abiity to put ourselves in some one else his place a thing called emphaty.

Our survival instincts only kicks in when they surpose too and thats not pretty to see .Cuz i would have to say there are a lot of people going to hell and its getting worse and worse.

Try to learn some emphaty and we get a great world try do summit with the rightside of ure brain its there for a reason .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rage moar.

You probably are a scammer with that attitude. b:chuckle
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options

It was quite intellectual actually, like the people who manage to get scammed.
    Thank you!! Those people who said that are probably scammers themselves. Just because people aren't thinking or aren't wise enough to not fall for a scam DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT TO SCAM!!! b:angry

I don't need to scam, if I want money I'll charge zhen.

No, it's not right to scam but I can't feel sorry for people who are too stupid to fall for a scam.

Double Post FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rage moar.

Seriously with your b:fatb attitude, you're probably one of them. b:chuckle

I honestly get so tired of people like you.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seriously with your b:fatb attitude, you're probably one of them. b:chuckle

I honestly get so tired of people like you.

So stop replying. Like I said, I charge zhen if I want ingame money. Easier and quicker.

You are probably annoyed because people manage to scam for higher then you manage to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy has noticed that PWI has changed the Best token to a different color now... perhaps to the observant, this helps avoid the scam?

Is there a possibility to make them look really different? I mean... A token scam is already easy to spot (I have yet to report some cases). But I fear some desperate souls will still be silly enough to fall into that trap.
    Nothing else to add there. Thanks for the reply.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't need to scam, if I want money I'll charge zhen.

No, it's not right to scam but I can't feel sorry for people who are too stupid to fall for a scam.

Double Post FTW

i do feel sorry for he ones that get scammed.Cuz they maybe not as smart as you.doesent mean its right and no they dont deserve that happening to them.

Eventhough its born out of greed.

But its oftend someone that at first tries to be a friend or someone that has the account **** by another.That hacker scams at the **** account .

So there is more going on here.

I can imagine a young child playing that can not afford some dyes and not getting anny coins from his/her parents that really wants a dye .When they see someone offering they go for it ,not even thinking about it .

Ye that i think is really awfull srry.And i dont have any good words left for the scammers.

Dont get me wrong but it seems to me that u treat everyone like youre own age.And i dont blame you for it ,i just point it out to you .

Not everyone is youre age there are younger kids on this game.And ye there are some weaker people that needs our protection.

There is nothing wrong with that .If u see it hapend be social and point it out to the kidd that he should not trust people like that that they dont know for a while in the game .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry, but scam or not, as Fuzzy sees it, smart players running their crazy stone quest don't buy stones from catshops to begin with since it is obvious they are, scam or no, trying to turn a profit. Smart players combine their own stones in that example.

Thats fair but I sometimes would buy from those shops because I had a few extra coins over what I needed to get crazy stone and those stones where like wickedly faster then combining all those damn stones.

PearlBreeze well I agree honestly but you have never actually met a scammer have you? What you see as a scammer isn't as bad as you would think they aren't morally corrupt people in fact the vast majority set up these scams to actually see if people will fall for them several of them are surprised when people do. Others are looking to make a quick buck off people and exploit ignorance which is morally wrong but few do so more then a couple of times. When you do badly in school you get a bad grade when you act up in class you get detention it works for some they learn not to do that. Others take the lesson as people being harsh to them and its not.

I know many many a scammer across many different games in fact one of them who would do such a thing is a really good friend of mine. He doesn't see it as being mean in fact there are several times he does it as a lesson to people and gives their stuff right back. Any normal person would see right through his purposely loosely coated truths but he still gets people with them not because he wants to but because they just refuse to pay attention to their environment. He is also a very kind person he would give you his last dollar even if it meant he didn't eat that day if you truly needed it.

What you need to understand is some people need to learn a lesson and some people intend to teach it. Others just want to make a quick buck and find it fun to see how many people they can fleece it doesn't mean they are corrupt just dishonest.

Not everyone cares what everyone else thinks you know if they did this world would be a very bad place everyone would be tiptoeing around the morons who feel too much and trying to get the ones who they think don't feel enough to feel more. Its not human nature to feel for every single thing you do no matter who tells you it is. It would be far too much stress to do so.

Scammers are people too though you can only see pain when you get scammed your not looking at the other side that requires empathy too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thats fair but I sometimes would buy from those shops because I had a few extra coins over what I needed to get crazy stone and those stones where like wickedly faster then combining all those damn stones.

...and this is exactly what sets the stage for a scam. Self interest and due diligence are always the watchwords of the panda's day.

Due diligence avoids the scam, self interest says its cheaper anyway to spend 90 seconds combining stones.

...and thats just one example where expediency can lead to a scam. There are 1000's of others.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited August 2011
    Options

PearlBreeze well I agree honestly but you have never actually met a scammer have you? What you see as a scammer isn't as bad as you would think they aren't morally corrupt people in fact the vast majority set up these scams to actually see if people will fall for them several of them are surprised when people do. Others are looking to make a quick buck off people and exploit ignorance which is morally wrong but few do so more then a couple of times. When you do badly in school you get a bad grade when you act up in class you get detention it works for some they learn not to do that. Others take the lesson as people being harsh to them and its not.

I know many many a scammer across many different games in fact one of them who would do such a thing is a really good friend of mine. He doesn't see it as being mean in fact there are several times he does it as a lesson to people and gives their stuff right back. Any normal person would see right through his purposely loosely coated truths but he still gets people with them not because he wants to but because they just refuse to pay attention to their environment. He is also a very kind person he would give you his last dollar even if it meant he didn't eat that day if you truly needed it.

What you need to understand is some people need to learn a lesson and some people intend to teach it. Others just want to make a quick buck and find it fun to see how many people they can fleece it doesn't mean they are corrupt just dishonest.

Not everyone cares what everyone else thinks you know if they did this world would be a very bad place everyone would be tiptoeing around the morons who feel too much and trying to get the ones who they think don't feel enough to feel more. Its not human nature to feel for every single thing you do no matter who tells you it is. It would be far too much stress to do so.

Scammers are people too though you can only see pain when you get scammed your not looking at the other side that requires empathy too.

To answer ure question .Yes i have met scammers i can smell them a mile away .Yes they have tried to scam me a lot cuz my name is pearlbreeze a somewhat sissy girly name .

The have even tried it over the mailbox saying they are GM .They have tried it whit **** accounts.So yes i have met numerous scammers.

ALso in other games i played i have met a lot of nasty people .

They never succeeded with me .But i know all there tricks.

They need to learn what can hapend up front not after the deed is done .U cant go steall from others first then say its alright they need to learn /No its not right unless the scamers learns by giving all the stuff back at the owner.

You should read my reply back about emphaty.

Fuzzy i can understand ure friend but srry he doing it wrong as a lesson .

But mostly im talking about the hit and run scammers that wil do anything for a coin , they bad people that need to learn some emphaty.

Its not so that because they can they should do it and alowed to be like they are the good ones cuz they so totally not !!!

Its not cuz ure hiding behind a screen in a make believe world that people dont get hurt cuz u cant see there faces.

This is what people need to learn up front .U can still hurt people .
    On my other game a guys commited suicide becuz he got scammed by what he thought to be the best friend i that game .That guy pretended to be for years then he **** his account and bled him dry.

This guy diddend comitted suicited becuz he lost his stuff ,but becuz he couldend comprehend the betrayel of that person ,cuz that is far far worse.

PS.

So srry for language typo's guys .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Fuzzy thinks not.

Sorry FuzzyWuzz but I have to disagree with you onto that entirely, it does not make it right either way at all.

you people need to use a different strategy like " GM's need to be on there when they are needed at all times! " not just some sort of...come on for five minutes then go off XD!

If you cannot do that...then whats the point of having cash shops, and other players scamming other players just to get what? get more coins? I hate to say it but....you people need to do better at your GM jobs.

This game needs a " reset " on gm's, admin's, mods,sfx team, and better service.

And if that cannot be done....well there is poor ratings on this game I am hearing in a few years, and even world of war-craft has a crack down on scammers enough that they cannot get back in the game. ( Which by the way happens to be " does not matter what they scammed, scammers will get banned completely. " thats what I mean. )
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you people need to use a different strategy like " GM's need to be on there when they are needed at all times! "

So you expect the GM's to be available 24/7 to protect the players from themselves?

As Fuzzy stated, isn't your common sense supposed to help you along those lines as well, or should every mistake you make, foolish or no, be corrected for you?
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.