Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    necro
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PS - Ignore my user icon, I'm actually lvl48, not sure why it won't update and keeps showing me as lvl8. :/

That's your age, not your character's level
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ThunderFleas - Archosaur
    ThunderFleas - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That's your age, not your character's level

Wow, no wonder so many people say this game sucks... you're obvious proof the little kids are up too late and over-running the game... as for the "age", I'd say that's denial by means of projection. (Feel free to look that up if your brain can't figure it out dude.)
  • Ftelia - Dreamweaver
    Ftelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

I don't need to scam, if I want money I'll charge zhen.

No, it's not right to scam but I can't feel sorry for people who are too stupid to fall for a scam.

Double Post FTW

Congratulation!b:victoryb:victory You just got yourself scamed! b:laughb:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rofl, stop bumping the necro.

Also @ThunderFleas, try changing your icon to your nickname and then back to your barb. Epic name btw, despite the necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Like... someone has to tell you, that ppl scam and its bad?

Its like the Deicide scam..
    yea happend once to me, she said she would sell me deicides for 20m, because she needs money quick, well it was +4, 1 socket, nothing really special but the price was weird.
    Well ok first she put it in the trade window and asked, if i could give her 21m instead of 20..
    Well i cancelt the trade and retradet her. put 21m in and what? yea a lv 20 weapon or sth that looks like deicides.
    Na i clicked cancel and said: Jup nice try.

I always doublecheck everything, but it never happend to me.

Maybe because my mother told me "be carefull with your stuff, some ppl are bad and want to steal it"..
    yea sounds stupid, but its the same deal ingame folks b:victory

Grow up, thats life
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    scams should be logged and delt with by the GMs though, it is their responsibility to enforce the rules and fair play. scamming is neither. it completely breaks the rules..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I will add to this and say, yes, scams are getting out of control.

Really? It's getting out of control?

I mean, do you get people whispering you every 5 minutes so they can try out your mount, dye your clothes for you, double your money in 10 minutes, or whatever?

When people actually played this game, there were huge amounts of scammers everywhere.

Now nobody plays, but of course you'll still find a few scammers...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wow, no wonder so many people say this game sucks... you're obvious proof the little kids are up too late and over-running the game... as for the "age", I'd say that's denial by means of projection. (Feel free to look that up if your brain can't figure it out dude.)

I know you're against them closing necros, which is still in the off topic, but that policy isn't going to change by continuously necroing threads. All it will do is get the thread closed, which makes any post inside the necro harder to quote. Instead, why not make a new thread if you want to sound off on the issue. Actually this one kinda shows why this is a sensible rule....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

How about changing the way the game plays. i.e: Shops with descriptions that JUST POP UP don't save the details unless your investigating the interior b:thanks.

Prevention is better than cure I've said it before,, I'll say it again. The easiest way to make a game scam proof (but not stupid proof) is to have descriptions on things/items that are easily accessible. So players can see what they're buying. The AMOUNT, The PRICE, The ITEM, The DESCRIPTION in a line just like in this sentence. Problem solved scammers move on, life goes on.

Defensive gameplay design #101.

Give the player differrent options to arrange the GUI to their liking. Sure there is LOTS of customisation already in PWI but WHAT IF you could change the way you viewed Cat Shops or even trade windows instead of viewing them llike:

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

and make them become viiewed like

[ Item ] [ Amount ] [ Price ]

The => Auction House <= has no trouble spitting out this format and players spend a lot of time in front of the NPCs that harbour this anti scamming wonder machine. That lists all manner of prices from scrolls to perfect stone. On the bright hand side It IS ALSO a good price guide -- in some cases where you can find a price. If you don't have the AH resource. Ask your guild mates or in world chat or a PC (Price Check)

Why can't you (PWI) do the same thing or HAVE AN OPTION for people to view CAT SHOPS the SAME WAY (like the auction house). A simple change of the game, changes the psychology of the game forcing players into doing simpler scams which involve the older methods like "If you drop this while, we're in party and then try to pick it up again it will become +5." who with half a smart grey sponge is going to fall for that one considering there are quite a few items in the game that are bound once worn or alternatively that the game encourages PVPers to BIND their items so they won't lose them.

It reminds me of a similar topic relating to Occupational Health and Safety. Over the years I've been witness to construction sites, electrical switchboard tagging (one time I worked as an electrical trade's assistant), defense contracts and warehousing operations and they have OH&S it teaches prevention instead of death to the impunity (I would say or ignorance, but I'll let you make up your mind) when a wrong step could be your last, touching the wrong connection could be 40,000 vaults or the wonders of running motors/air compressors of all things in "tight spaces".

We have a look out man or a point man. Sure we could adopt a program here through the guild's we as people create, but more over being market alert to the prices of some items is also sometimes a help. Is the item rightly priced? Is it really under-priced for a reason? Do I trust this person? Have I met them?

Questions are another form of scammer counter: Why are you selling it? Where did you get it? and not jumping the gun when purchasing items also counter certain aspects of the mental trickster. Impulse buying versus market specualtion are another way of avoiding the platitude of losing currency into thin air.

Do I really desperately need this item now? Can I wait, I do have a lot of time even if I only play 4 to 5 hours a day? Can I buy this myself in the near future? are other questions that avoid the status of sucker.

Also knowledge will set you free, when knowing and we've got a hell of a lot of resources for learning about PW:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Main_Page
    http://pwiguides.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=76224&gid=165743
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/

To name a few. Just my two cents on the scam thing. But even I get tired cause I'm only a kitten.

That would require the dev's doing something...
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Closing this for necro.
This discussion has been closed.