I am a fail.

Options
ridiculouss
ridiculouss Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Cleric
From what I've read, Vit builds are for poor players that mooch off of the squad. They don't provide adequate heals, and are a wasted spot in the squad. ****.

Stats:
Vit: 100 (green)
Mag: 293 (green)
Str: 41
Dex: 5
Level: 73
Pdef: 1450 (with lvl10 vanguard only)
Hp: 3284 Unbuffed
Mp: 6518

Equips:
Warsoul of Heaven x2 immac cit, +2 refine
R4 Chest x3 flawl. cit
R4 Legs
3* boots
Necklace of Legion +3 refine
Wings of Cloudcharger x4 immac cit, +2 refine
Adventures and Mishaps lvl 3 Tome
3* sleeves

How should I fix this? If I SHOULD fix this? With what equips and genie skills? Help. T^T
Post edited by ridiculouss on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Are you able to survive, as well as do the job that is expected of you as a cleric?

If the answer is yes, then you are not a fail.

My own personal opinion is that your vitality is a tad high for my tastes, so you could afford to take a few points out of it.

However, everyone has their own playstyle. If you can get through the run successfully, and the squad not suffer, then you have done alright. Stat, and play according to your playstyle. Better that, then to conform to a style of play that does not suit you, that you don't have fun in, die in, and your squad dies as well due to a style that doesn't suit you. Have fun, enjoy the game, and play as best you can. As long as you can do the job without your teammates dying left and right, (or having charm ticks left and right), then you have done alright.

Take care. Good luck ingame, and I hope that helps some.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't listen to the guy who said vit builds are mooches, as long as you are able to do your job and don't die left and right you aren't a mooch. He was just being rude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Id go down to 50 vit but thats just me. Each person has their preferred amount of Vit they like to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't listen to the guy who said vit builds are mooches, as long as you are able to do your job and don't die left and right you aren't a mooch. He was just being rude.

Agreed.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hint: If you see that the poster is either tweakz or thumbs, that pretty much means you can ignore the contents of that post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don't listen to the guy who said vit builds are mooches

Stupid Vit Cleric
    Each person has their preferred amount of Vit they like to have.

Stupid Vit Cleric
    Agreed.

Stupid Vit Cleric

... Just teasing. Put it this way, if you had a DD in your squad who had awesome damage output but kept dieing from the slightest aoe or 1 hit as soon as the got aggro and the person spent more time dead then they spent alive DDing would you listen to their arguments that statting for more damage was better than statting to survive? No, because you need to stay alive to contribute to the group.

On the other hand, if a person had tons of survivabilty but joined the squad as a dd and had statted so much into vitality that their damage was ****, you would call them a leach.

This is kind of how people view clerics. People who have way more survivability than they need (how much damage does a cleric really take?) but have weak heals. Tanks protect you and expect you to protect them. If you spent so many points into being able to protect yourself then you lower your ability to protect the tank.

I've ranted on this before since I am on the side of 3 vitality is plenty, so I'll just hit the points.

-High magic means mobs die quicker and deals less damage to you.
    -High magic means your self heals are stronger.
    -Stronger heals mean you can heal yourself while the tank is stacked with previous heals.
    -You have 3 shields and an arsenal of control skills to makeup for low hp.
    -You have a single weapon to refine for stronger heals. You have 6 armor pieces and 4 ornament peices to refine for stronger defenses and more hp.
    -If you don't need to use skills or know how to play your class to survive because you have so much vitality, then vitality becomes a crutch.
    -Vitality for survivability means very little when you can't keep a tank alive to be your meat shield.

Everything above is aimed at PvE though. For PvP vitality on a cleric isn't a bad idea.

So I'd recommend scaling back your vitality (lets say 50? Then lategame scale it back again). It'll make a large difference in your heals and I bet you survive better with stronger heals then with weak heals and more hp.

When asking if you fail because of the amount of vit you have you should add your weapon since vit clerics need a highly refined weapon to cover up their statting choice. I also noticed you have 100 vit and still shard citrines. I'd recommend garnets so you get more out of the hp you already have. I also don't recommend magic ornies for clerics.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Stupid Vit Cleric

Supid Vit Cleric

Stupid Vit Cleric

... Just teasing. Put it this way, if you had a DD in your squad who had awesome damage output but kept dieing from the slightest aoe or 1 hit as soon as the got aggro and the person spent more time dead then they spent alive DDing would you listen to their arguments that statting for more damage was better than statting to survive? No, because you need to stay alive to contribute to the group.

On the other hand, if a person had tons of survivabilty but joined the squad as a dd and had statted so much into vitality that their damage was ****, you would call them a leach.

This is kind of how people view clerics. People who have way more survivability than they need (how much damage does a cleric really take?) but have weak heals. Tanks protect you and expect you to protect them. If you spent so many points into being able to protect yourself then you lower your ability to protect the tank.

I've ranted on this before since I am on the side of 3 vitality is plenty, so I'll just hit the points.

-High magic means mobs die quicker and deals less damage to you.
    -High magic means your self heals are stronger.
    -Stronger heals mean you can heal yourself while the tank is stacked with previous heals.
    -You have 3 shields and an arsenal of control skills to makeup for low hp.
    -You have a single weapon to refine for stronger heals. You have 6 armor pieces and 4 ornament peices to refine for stronger defenses and more hp.
    -If you don't need to use skills or know how to play your class to survive because you have so much vitality, then vitality becomes a crutch.
    -Vitality for survivability means very little when you can't keep a tank alive to be your meat shield.

Everything above is aimed at PvE though. For PvP vitality on a cleric isn't a bad idea.

So I'd recommend scaling back your vitality (lets say 50? Then lategame scale it back again). It'll make a large difference in your heals and I bet you survive better with stronger heals then with weak heals and more hp.

When asking if you fail because of the amount of vit you have you should add your weapon since vit clerics need a highly refined weapon to cover up their statting choice. I also noticed you have 100 vit and still shard citrines. I'd recommend garnets so you get more out of the hp you already have. I also don't recommend magic ornies for clerics.

As established by the previous posts, if you have enough to keep your tank alive/dds alive
    then you're good. If your tanks charm insn't ticking, they don't need to pot to make up for bringing you along and you can DD/debuff then you're a good member of the squad regardless of how much vit you put in. You're going to take damage, it's a given. Vit does help you in this aspect, which is why a lot of people pay a lot of money to get some extra vit in their equipment. It has a lot of bonuses that people ignore because everyone is all about pure builds these days. But the fact of that matter is, as long as you're tanks charm ain't ticking, your dds don't have to really pot, and you can survive through AOEs it doesn't really matter. And just like people are like you can just refine for more hp, you can refine for more m.attack and there is plenty of gear available that increases the magic stat and then the p.def stat especially at the lower levels. A person who aint refining/sharding/gearing to make up for the specific weakness of their build is what fails, not having some stats into vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hint: If you see that the poster is either tweakz or thumbs, that pretty much means you can ignore the contents of that post.

The cleric forum needs a sticky with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

no fair, clerics shouldn't get that sticky before the veno forum gets one like it too!

that said, Serenity and Venus pretty much already stated my opinion on this, and i'd like to +1 them. what matters is whether you can do the job and stay alive, not the exact numbers you've got.

if i were you, i might take 50 or so vit out and move it to mag --- but that's me, and i'm not playing your char. ask yourself how much damage you usually take, how far down your HP bar dips on a bad day; make sure you keep enough to cover that, at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Lenie is right we need this at veno first , then cleric and finally assassin forum. Its a widespread virus >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mooch bags unite!
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow tweakz, looks like you're placing your stamp of fail all over the forums now when people give a forewarning of your posts. b:laugh
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Equips:
    Warsoul of Heaven x2 immac cit, +2 refine

Wings of Cloudcharger x4 immac cit, +2 refine

sry, thats fail
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Keep yourself and the squad alive and you're not a fail. What your stats are really doesn't matter as long as you achieve those two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow tweakz, looks like you're placing your stamp of fail all over the forums now when people give a forewarning of your posts. b:laugh

^^ Resident troll.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    ^^ Resident troll.

I think anyone with half a brain can tell who the troll is... b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sry, thats fail
    For the type of gear it is, yes. For only a level 73 cleric, this guy is OP.

In my experience, clerics end up dying more than healing anyway. Thus you have a clericless squad half the time. If you can keep yourself well alive with what you have, all the more power to you (I gave up on my cleric because he can't even survive 2 hits from quest mobs). Later levels especially, people will be charmed, using their own pots, genie skills, sins will be tanking, etc. As you get higher, you'll see the squad healing itself more and more while you end up being able to be a metal mage. I will say like the others though, don't sacrifice your healing abilities. As long as you can keep your squad alive (but more importantly keep yourself alive so squad doesn't have to keep stopping to wait) and keep those with charms from QQing about them ticking, you go on with your build man b:victory
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    For the type of gear it is, yes. For only a level 73 cleric, this guy is OP.

In my experience, clerics end up dying more than healing anyway.

I died twice in frost because it was my fault, stood on explosive trap while chatting XD and dropping a lvl 3(yes lvl 3) tempest after everybody else had done their aoes only to find out the vit builds they had meant my **** ulti was godly and I got pwned (multi cleric fail squads ftw).
    The other 20 or so times I died was because of morons. Aoeing on Big room boss (multiple times in a row whilst apparently being immune to reading omfg messages), agroing every bishop they can lay their hands on and pulling them at you etc etc
    The list is endless really especially before lvl 80 (used frost becuase you guys can relate and you noobs know why), saying a cleric spends more time dead is true, most of the time its other ppls fault and restating vit only goes to further create more cleric killing morons than we already have. The truth is it doesn't matter how low your vit stat in pve is because if you die on a quest or fb or bh its because you either suck, or your team sucks.
    Whilst you can stat to negate your own retardation the lengths your squad will go to to ensure your misery is simply beyond comprehension.

So my belief is this:
    1- Vit will save you if you are a ****** and require it.
    2- Vit will not save you from morons even if you are a barb and have a moron cleric

Pk is dead long live pve, oh wait thats dead too.

Restat all your vit the only things that can pwn you are in TT3-3 and apparently its not even worth going in there anymore anway. Unless you like a challenge and wanna see the real power of your new shiny gear.

Then step outside and get wtfpwned in pvp.

Goodluck
    PWI b:bye
  • thumbs
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I died twice in frost because it was my fault, stood on explosive trap while chatting XD and dropping a lvl 3(yes lvl 3) tempest after everybody else had done their aoes only to find out the vit builds they had meant my **** ulti was godly and I got pwned (multi cleric fail squads ftw).
    The other 20 or so times I died was because of morons. Aoeing on Big room boss (multiple times in a row whilst apparently being immune to reading omfg messages), agroing every bishop they can lay their hands on and pulling them at you etc etc
    The list is endless really especially before lvl 80 (used frost becuase you guys can relate and you noobs know why), saying a cleric spends more time dead is true, most of the time its other ppls fault and restating vit only goes to further create more cleric killing morons than we already have. The truth is it doesn't matter how low your vit stat in pve is because if you die on a quest or fb or bh its because you either suck, or your team sucks.
    Whilst you can stat to negate your own retardation the lengths your squad will go to to ensure your misery is simply beyond comprehension.

So my belief is this:
    1- Vit will save you if you are a ****** and require it.
    2- Vit will not save you from morons even if you are a barb and have a moron cleric

Pk is dead long live pve, oh wait thats dead too.

Restat all your vit the only things that can pwn you are in TT3-3 and apparently its not even worth going in there anymore anway. Unless you like a challenge and wanna see the real power of your new shiny gear.

Then step outside and get wtfpwned in pvp.

Goodluck

In a thread full of "If it works for you" nonsense; it's nice to see someone making actual points, and great ones at that!

I hate being the best dd in squad and having to heal these fail vit builds when I can solo the mobs faster.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would like to point out that as a cleric, I've died many deaths, especially early on. Mid game, and now beginning endgame, I don't die nearly as often. We're all going to die in this game at some point. Its nearly a given, but most of my deaths now come from one of the following:

*Mistake on my part. (Hey, It does happen...Nowadays, I throw up plume shell if I even think that I accidently aggroed. Its been a life saver.)

*Someone outaggroed the tank, I noticed, tried to heal them, the aggro was just to much, and now the mob looks at me and says lunch.

*Aggro ping pong: Simply put... I ask at the beginning of each run, and each boss fight who the tank is for a reason.

*People don't hit the mobs so that I can heal them. They run. Then when they die, I get the aggro.

The causes of death are many, but those tend the main ones now. Even so, death is an uncommon occurance for me now. I still die at some points...we all do. However, for most of the run, I'm alive and kicking. People don't really suffer charm ticks around me either. It hasn't been uncommon for me to be able to survive an assault better, and for longer than some DD's can. Clerics don't lack the tools for survival. I can take a hit if need be...excluding certain situations, and certain bosses...but I'm not as squishy as one might think, so long as I can see the attack coming, and even if I can't. I can take a few hits still. I can't do it for every situation, but I've been known to be able to revive whilst being under attack myself. (Again, plume shell + A few ironheart stacks = Lifesaver. Lol.) I heal the tank so that they can take the aggro, and then alternate between healing them, and reviving the rest of the squad.

My base stat is 20 vit. Due to my armor and equipment, its now enhanced to 29 vit.

My own are views are this (and this is no disrespect to anyone elses view, because we all have opinions.)

*Vit helps one survive a hit. (1 point is the difference between life and death.)
    *Statting points into vit does take away from magic power.
    *Neglecting to stat points into vit reduces ones survivability.
    *Following this advise may help you stay alive.
    *Following this advise may end up getting you killed.
    *Each person has their own playing style, so following any cookie cutter formula for creating ones character isn't the best deal for everyone. Its a guideline, and advise. That's all.
    *So long as you can do the job that is required of you as a cleric, I don't really care what your build is.

*These are the classes that can pass IMO as a cleric.

-Pure Arcane
    -Arcane
    -Vitality
    -Light Armor
    -Heavy Armor
    -No Armor

*These are the classes that can fail as a cleric:

-Pure Arcane
    -Arcane
    -Vitality
    -Light Armor
    -Heavy Armor
    -No Armor.

Obviously, the last 2 are impractical builds as a cleric. I included them to say simply this. So long as you know what you are doing, and can get the job done, I don't care what your build is, why you built it that way, or whatever. If you're running around in Heavy armor, and are somehow keeping your team alive, then I'm going to look at you, and say that that's a good cleric. Conversely, if you're running around in arcane armor, with pure stats, and your team is dying back and forth, with charm ticks left and right, then I'm going to look at you, and say that that cleric needs improvement.

Keeping yourself, and your squad alive is pretty much what really matters...not how you go about it.
    Its your build, and your cleric. Build it however it is more convenient and playable for you. You'll enjoy it more if you do, and you'll be a much better cleric if you're a cleric that is at the very least, satisfied...or at least somewhat satisfied with your build as a cleric. That applies for every character. Have fun, and enjoy your class, and play the game to the best of YOUR abilities, and create your character to YOUR liking.

Have fun ingame, and just enjoy it. Take care all.

edited August 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    In a thread full of "If it works for you" nonsense; it's nice to see someone making actual points, and great ones at that!

I hate being the best dd in squad and having to heal these fail vit builds when I can solo the mobs faster.

No offense, but how exactly is it nonsense if it works for you. b:puzzled Your build works for you, and I don't consider that to be nonsense. A working strategy is a working strategy, and an effective one at that. We all have different strategies, and different things that we can implement in order to play the game better, and according to our playstyle.

Also, if you're a cleric... It's your primary job to keep your squad healed. This includes other clerics as well...just as it is their job to keep the squad healed, and you as well. Everyone gets hit at some point whilst playing this game. As a cleric, or as any class, ones build cannot be considered a fail, if at the end of the day, they minimize charm ticks, deaths are kept to a minimum (sometimes they are unavoidable), and the job gets done in the end. Thats a successful run, and a good one at that. Thats a good cleric that is able to pull that off, so the idea that that cleric is a mooch and a fail, or otherwise inadequate is in fact a fallacy. No disrespect, but that's the truth.

edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh, and QQ. My join date is wrong. I was here before then. I've been here before the earthguard entered the picture, and before the tideborn entered it. This needs to be fixed. QQ.

edited August 2011
    Options
    No offense, but how exactly is it nonsense if it works for you. b:puzzled Your build works for you, and I don't consider that to be nonsense. A working strategy is a working strategy, and an effective one at that. We all have different strategies, and different things that we can implement in order to play the game better, and according to our playstyle.

Also, if you're a cleric... It's your primary job to keep your squad healed. This includes other clerics as well...just as it is their job to keep the squad healed, and you as well. Everyone gets hit at some point whilst playing this game. As a cleric, or as any class, ones build cannot be considered a fail, if at the end of the day, they minimize charm ticks, deaths are kept to a minimum (sometimes they are unavoidable), and the job gets done in the end. Thats a successful run, and a good one at that. Thats a good cleric that is able to pull that off, so the idea that that cleric is a mooch and a fail, or otherwise inadequate is in fact a fallacy. No disrespect, but that's the truth.
    Note who you're responding to -- he has a bit of a problem with egocentricity where if it isn't something he approves of it must be fail, which is inherently fail to begin with. Look at his outlook on the more than viable LA or HA/AA venos (some of the most prominent veno's in PVE, PVP, and TW alike) in the venomancer forum and how often his nonsense gets blasted by veno's who are able to play more than a single build successfully.

If a cleric is keeping their squad healed and helping damage faster they are doing fine. Most squads don't expect a cleric to compete with a wizard or psychic for DPH, and even in PVP refinements and attack levels easily make up for lost stat points, but obviously cannot make up for extremes like extremely low HP or extremely high vit and low magic attack.. consequently crappy heals. It's situation dependent on how much vit to put in, for example, and it can always be statted out.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh, and QQ. My join date is wrong. I was here before then. I've been here before the earthguard entered the picture, and before the tideborn entered it. This needs to be fixed. QQ.

No, it's not. The date under your avatar is the first time you posted on that character/profile in the forums. If you want to know your join date, go to core connect and look at Hello World! It's the closest considering it's achieved by completing your first quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No, it's not. The date under your avatar is the first time you posted on that character/profile in the forums. If you want to know your join date, go to core connect and look at Hello World! It's the closest considering it's achieved by completing your first quest.

Oh. Ok. Thank you Venus. That clears that up for me. I appreciate the info.

edited August 2011
    Options
    "Note who you're responding to -- he has a bit of a problem with egocentricity where if it isn't something he approves of it must be fail, which is inherently fail to begin with."

Oh, I've noticed. Lol.

• StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    in PVP refinements and attack levels easily make up for lost stat points, but obviously cannot make up for extremes like extremely low HP or extremely high vit and low magic attack

You do know that a R9 pure arcane cleric can have 12.5K HP unbuffed with no points in VIT or hp shards?

You do the builds for a R9 pure arcane with a MAG tome and then one with 50 base VIT and a VIT tome.

Refines and attack levels make the damage difference DPH and DPS between the two builds huge. Even more when taking into account buffs debuffs and damage amps.

Refines greatly increase your HP with VIT having no effect

VIT points give flat bonus HP, 100 VIT (50 base + 50 Tome if you can afford it) will give you 1050 HP with +5% ornament bonus. Can't remember what Barb bonus is XD so we will say 30% which means you sacrifice killing power for 1365 HP which will save you how from a R9 sin zerk critting at 25K+ or an R9 archer critting at 12K+(and debuffing your hp buff) or a R9 Barb doing omfg+ Zerk Arma. Basically pretty much every other class out there can one or two shot you with the same gears the only way to stop them is to save yourself if you can using SKILLS not stats and using your NON-NERFED attack to kill them before they kill you which is hard anyway coz cleric attack sucks even with full MAG. Unless you gank, then go team \o/

Now you seem to be under the impression that the mediocre damage output from high refines on a VIT build is ok (cough can't kill anything with the same gears cough fail cough). Compare it to a pure build buddy the difference is many thousands.

How do you expect not to fail at pvp if you cannot bypass the charm of a same geared opponent. You gonna survive them to death?

Ever heard of exponential growth (MAG stat x Weapon refinement x attack lvls x skill bonus etc)or did you forget to do your homework because you're too busy playing games?

PS the main reason I wouldn't stat VIT at all is because the more points you have in MAG the more benefit you will get the longer you invest in the class or the more money you put into the game (ie refinements and gears and weapons) Vit will always only give you 1365(ish) HP whilst MAG stat will keep giving you returns on investments.

PPS end game gear is screwed anyway it gives more attack lvls than defence levels so survivability gained from a tiny bit of extra HP is garbage. Kill shots for the win \o/
    PWI b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You do know that a R9 pure arcane cleric can have 12.5K HP unbuffed with no points in VIT or hp shards?

I don't think you quite understand what Janus said earlier about affordability... Unless ofc, you think everyone can run around with this as the standard gear.
    You do the builds for a R9 pure arcane with a MAG tome and then one with 50 base VIT and a VIT tome.

You're premise is flawed. It's redundant to use a vit tome on a vit cleric. The fact of the matter is the full int cleric will always have more mattk, and no one was arguing that. Again, I think you missed the point earlier.
    Refines and attack levels make the damage difference DPH and DPS between the two builds huge. Even more when taking into account buffs debuffs and damage amps.

Arguing DPS is silly for arcanes... And again, no one said full vit hits more than full int.

Again, missed the point from earlier.
    VIT points give flat bonus HP, 100 VIT (50 base +50 Tome if you can afford it)...
    Lol, level 8 tome? Good job.
    Now you seem to be under the impression that the mediocre damage output from high refines on a VIT build is ok (cough can't kill anything with the same gears cough fail cough). Compare it to a pure build buddy the difference is many thousands.

It only ends up being a difference of 1k mattk in the avg base mattk per 50 vit statted in. So that suddenly means a cleric with 50 more vit can't kill something that one with 1k more base attk can? Do you understand how pvp reductions work? Not "many thousands"... Even if we factor in identical attack levels.

Ever heard of exponential growth (MAG stat x Weapon refinement x attack lvls x skill bonus etc)or did you forget to do your homework because you're too busy playing games?

Do your homework before coming up with BS formulations of how damage works.

Weapon attack: attack from weapon + attack from gem in weapon + attack from rings and other equipment + character level

Stat multiplier: 1 + Mag/100 + magical attack buffs

Base dmg: stat multiplier * weapon attack

Attack level factoring, assuming the target has a lower def than your attack level:

Damage on target = damage delivered * ( 1 + (attack level - defense level)/ 100 )

Damage delivered would need to factor in PvP/gear/level/buff reductions on the target, but it's outside the scope of the argument to pull it all up.

Since weapon attack is constant and your mag stat is a constant multiplier, there is no exponentiation. Attack levels are a percentage augmentation of your damage dealt.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2011
    Options

VIT points give flat bonus HP, 100 VIT (50 base + 50 Tome if you can afford it) will give you 1050 HP with +5% ornament bonus. Can't remember what Barb bonus is XD so we will say 30% which means you sacrifice killing power for 1365 HP which will save you how from a R9 sin zerk critting at 25K+ or an R9 archer critting at 12K+(and debuffing your hp buff) or a R9 Barb doing omfg+ Zerk Arma. Basically pretty much every other class out there can one or two shot you with the same gears the only way to stop them is to save yourself if you can using SKILLS not stats and using your NON-NERFED attack to kill them before they kill you which is hard anyway coz cleric attack sucks even with full MAG. Unless you gank, then go team \o/

How do you expect not to fail at pvp if you cannot bypass the charm of a same geared opponent. You gonna survive them to death?

PS the main reason I wouldn't stat VIT at all is because the more points you have in MAG the more benefit you will get the longer you invest in the class or the more money you put into the game (ie refinements and gears and weapons) Vit will always only give you 1365(ish) HP whilst MAG stat will keep giving you returns on investments.

PPS end game gear is screwed anyway it gives more attack lvls than defence levels so survivability gained from a tiny bit of extra HP is garbage. Kill shots for the win \o/
    What you're saying is not some novelty, nor is it something no one knows, that you get little return in HP per vit and it's wiser in the end to stat pure magic. However, builds in a video game are not static and there isn't one way to build a class.

I'm trying to figure out why you're basing a cleric build around R9 when so few clerics actually have it?

Lastly, I've played two clerics, one first statted semi-vit then re-statted pure magic, another pure magic, and a mystic pure magic. I've also done my homework here:
    ^ Mmhm, IH isn't powerful at the start (no skill really is), but as you level it up it will be more than adequate, especially with a decent weapon.

The difference between base 3 vit and 25 vit with, for example, a level 100 cleric using an unrefined R8 wep is roughly 300 base magic attack. The difference between a base 25 vit and a 50 vit is roughly another 300 base magic attack.

At 9000+ magic attack as far as heals go it will start to matter little in terms of keeping a tank alive whether it's 9000 or 9700, whether it's 14500 or 15200.

The difference in magic attack is not that great, especially as the refines of a normal R8 weapon plus mattack buff come into play. PVP, the difference goes to weapon and attack levels far more than magic attribute. I'm really confused as to where you get your information from, but I do know that it's you who hasn't done your homework at all, and all you're posting are glittering generalities.

Also, just to let you know, I can probably count on one or two hands how many R9 clerics there are on HT, and roughly the same count how many, buffed, never mind unbuffed, have over 10K HP. It makes little sense to tailor advice to casual players with high end stuff 99% of clerics will never get. What you need to learn is impossibility versus improbability -- in responding to me this part went well over your head.
  • _vaiya_ - Lost City
    _vaiya_ - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i suggest getting a reset note for 50 points and transferring them from vit into magic. bringing up your str to at least 50 would be a good idea as well as at higher levels you need about 52 str for 9x weapons. after that you'll be set for the rest of the game and you'll only need to add points into magic. you'll notice a difference in your heals and attacks on mobs for sure. i dont know how rank gear is (im not paying that much money for it) but the rest of your gear seems really good so stick with them unless you find better ones. genie skills are up to you, i dont recommend any of the "healing" genie skills since as a cleric you can heal way better than that anyway, but the only skill i see all clerics have is holy path which is super useful in dungeons to make up for our slow running speed.