Warsoul Fragments: Ksitigarbha

Options
symph
symph Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Hello I sent in a ticket to PWI noting that although the Warsoul npc says that you can turn in 3 Ancient Devils Souls and get 2 Warsoul: Ksitigarbha fragments; when you turn in the gold mats you only get one warsoul fragment and it automatically turns into the warsoul mat for some reason. They requested that I post a thread to see if anyone else has had the problem so here we are :o Here is an SS of what happened, no I did not take anything out of my inventory or anything after I made the warsoul. If you have had this problem please post below with possible ss of the problem or send in a ticket with a reference to ticket #15049-266165. Thank you very much for your time and I hope this gets fixed and we get the two warsoul fragments/items we expected to get upon reading the npc's message b:thanks

wsfragprob.jpg
Post edited by symph on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ohai sym b:cute

reminds me of wines...
    i like potato
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You have 1 problem with all that though symph.
    When you have the 3 Ancient Devil souls for the actual exchange, at the NPC it tells you that you will get 1 Fragment only..then you click on "accept".

In short, game told you you'll get only 1 at the actual exchange.

All that aside, yes I've tried it as well a while ago and gotten 1 Fragment.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You have 1 problem with all that though symph.
    When you have the 3 Ancient Devil souls for the actual exchange, at the NPC it tells you that you will get 1 Fragment only..then you click on "accept".

In short, game told you you'll get only 1 at the actual exchange.

All that aside, yes I've tried it as well a while ago and gotten 1 Fragment.

Did you even check the screenshot?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Submitting tickets is what you should do in cases like this. Hopefully it will also push them to correct the flaw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    Sympsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea I submitted the ticket and they said to open a thread to see if anybody else has had the problem. The npc says two conflicting things though if you go to the about warsoul page where it gives you the % chance values it says two, if you actually put in the items I guess it only shows one fragment at the bottom according to Magiere. I have to admit I didn't check the fragment number when I set it to trade but if the npc says one thing then trades you another its like the game is trying to scam you D: I trusted the game to give me what it said it would D:
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    phenixmoon wrote: »
    Did you even check the screenshot?

Did you even read the post you quoted? He's talking about the exchange, not the prompt in the SS.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've had people tell me it was two for three ADS.

I dunno why a GM went to make you post this on the forums.. are they too lazy to formulate their own opinion about erroneous localization? I can see how it's partially your fault for not noticing the trade, but they are just as wrong in their game string saying it's two when it's one. Even pwdatabase says it's one. If you desire, they should certainly refund you the ADS and destroy the warsoul fragment.
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would just like something done whether its giving back the ADS and taking away the warsoul item or giving the other warsoul item as the npc number states should have happened. I wish more people would post x.x I'm hoping its not like the TB glitch where they wanted like 200 SS to fix it, this is just a little change.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i think it is ridiculous that they had you open a thread.... they can summon any item in the game (they have done so in the past with a few items for me)... why dont they just summon 3 ADS and then exchange it for the warsoul frag themselves to test it....b:shutup o wait, that requires actual work... b:surrender my bad

thinking of it cost wise.... it would make sense for you to get 2 warsoul frags from the exchange of 3 ADS

to chip the warsoul frag: ksitigarbha it is around 16 mil...
    3 ADS is about 33 mil..

so you would think you should get 2... BUT the database does say you get one (not that the database has ever been correct when coming to crafting warsoul frags b:sad

hopefully they refund you/ do something beneficial for you ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It must be a text error. You only get 1 mat for any kind of trade you make.

Back then in the year 2008 when the warsoul npc was added ot the game it said that you would get 1 warsoul mat for exchanging 3 belial golds.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    symph wrote: »
    Hello I sent in a ticket to PWI noting that although the Warsoul npc says that you can turn in 3 Ancient Devils Souls and get 2 Warsoul: Ksitigarbha fragments; when you turn in the gold mats you only get one warsoul fragment and it automatically turns into the warsoul mat for some reason. They requested that I post a thread to see if anyone else has had the problem so here we are :o Here is an SS of what happened, no I did not take anything out of my inventory or anything after I made the warsoul. If you have had this problem please post below with possible ss of the problem or send in a ticket with a reference to ticket #15049-266165. Thank you very much for your time and I hope this gets fixed and we get the two warsoul fragments/items we expected to get upon reading the npc's message b:thanks

wsfragprob.jpg

Ancient Devil's Soul 3 Warsoul: Ksitigarbha Fragment 1 100%

Found on: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/advinfo/ultimate
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ancient Devil's Soul 3 Warsoul: Ksitigarbha Fragment 1 100%

Found on: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/advinfo/ultimate

That list is out of date. The only good source is the in-game encyclopedia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i just hope they will give u back ur ADS and take back the warsoul mat symp hun :S

*hugs* b:cute
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If that is the case they really should update the NPC to reflect the actual amount given whether or not there is a list that said so on forums or not. It doesn't make sense for a forum thing and an in game thing to say the same thing to not confuse people.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @Sym Unfortunately that will most likely not happen.. The best thing to knowing is to have it happen to an unfortunate player, and have that player warn others of what has happened. I've been the victim before of something else that I can't remember, and it looks like you're the victim here.

Nonetheless, I hope PWI refunds you your ADS, as that must have been annoying D:
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If that is the case they really should update the NPC to reflect the actual amount given whether or not there is a list that said so on forums or not. It doesn't make sense for a forum thing and an in game thing to say the same thing to not confuse people.

Symph not reading my post? >_>
    It says ingame that you will get only 1 fragment.
    Once you have all 3 mats and go to the NPC the REAL exchange thing isnt grey anymore and it tells you , that you will get only 1 mat.

Only those weird quests with wrong % for exchanges tells you its 2, the real exchange tells you you'll get 1.
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once you have all 3 mats and go to the NPC the REAL exchange thing isnt grey anymore and it tells you , that you will get only 1 mat.

Only those weird quests with wrong % for exchanges tells you its 2, the real exchange tells you you'll get 1.

Magiere not reading the npc text in the screenshot?
    It says ingame that you will get only 2 fragment.

Are you trolling, or just trying to be mean and make fun of Symph? She already acknowledged that she obviously didn't read the exchange when creating. But, you seem to be very adamant at ignoring the issue in the screenshot, that the actual text beforehand says 2, not 1. Yes, that text is wrong, but that is not the point; some people will read the text, believe it to be so, then go on to create without bothering to check if the text is wrong in the exchange. After all, if the first text says one thing, shouldn't it be accurate enough not to have to scrutinize the exchange numbers after? This is suppose to be the game itself, not some catshop scammer. So honestly, yes, part of the blame lies in the player, but, the player may have actually paid attention to the exchange number if they knew the text beforehand, which is a lot bigger and more noticeable, was wrong.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ...After all, if the first text says one thing, shouldn't it be accurate enough not to have to scrutinize the exchange numbers after? This is suppose to be the game itself, not some catshop scammer. So honestly, yes, part of the blame lies in the player, but, the player may have actually paid attention to the exchange number if they knew the text beforehand, which is a lot bigger and more noticeable, was wrong.

I believe the exchange is first, not the prompt.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options

No, I did read the post. I guess what I'm getting at is they should fix the quest posts so that it accurately reflects what you get when you put the gold mats in. I admit that I should have double checked the fragment number before clicking exchange but the npc should not be saying in his quests that he will give you two fragments when he only trades one. b:cry
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I believe the exchange is first, not the prompt.

I used the prompt first to decide which mats to farm/buy before going to the exchange. I wouldn't normally just go out and farm gold mats for a warsoul mat without knowing the % chance to actually acquire the fragment. I would be more broke than I am otherwise. b:surrender
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Magiere not reading the npc text in the screenshot?
    It says ingame that you will get only 2 fragment.

Okay seriously , you need to learn to comprehend posts...here just for you I logged online.
    NOW LOOK and then try to use a cell of your brain to see what i was talking about.
    Thats the 2nd post that has no clue so far and should try to avoid a topic they dont know anything about.
    This Forum really is filled with strange people o.O

4bthtp8g.jpg

Red = Where you look at, where you craft.

Green = What you get once you crafted...it says 1.
    After you have 3 Ancient Devil Souls in your inventory.

(And that is the only thing that matters, cos it tells you what you get....every other quest has absolutely no meaning whatsoever, when the REAL EXCHANGE tells you you get something else.)

Here is the problem i meant when i posted and why they wont help you Symph, the result before crafting tells you you'll get only 1.
    Also i have tried every single Warsoul trade, could have asked me :p
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea I should have T_T but I still think they should fix the text with one of their minor localizations D: It wouldn't even take that much work to change a 2 to a 1 like 3 times? They did minor localization changes to fix super long mob names; why not fix a number change that shows what actually happens? Or is it silly to even ask them to do that out of courtesy? :(
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Okay seriously , you need to learn to comprehend posts...here just for you I logged online.
    NOW LOOK and then try to use a cell of your brain to see what i was talking about.
    Thats the 2nd post that has no clue so far and should try to avoid a topic they dont know anything about.

4bthtp8g.jpg

(And that is the only thing that matters, cos it tells you what you get....every other quest has absolutely no meaning whatsoever, when the REAL EXCHANGE tells you you get something else.)

Here is the problem i meant when i posted and why they wont help you Symph, the result before crafting tells you you'll get only 1.

Lol that picture only shows you get 0. Forges never tell you how many items you will receive unless you already have the mats to make them (same with the coin fee if any). They also never show you the chances of stuff they make. Why do you think they added that dialog to the warsoul NPC in the first place?

Nowadays you can use the in game craft-o-pedia to find that stuff out accurately so the warsoul NPC dialog is unneeded. That doesn't mean the NPC should have wrong information though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sorry to say symphy but they probably wont fix it for you just like when i got sage yataghan vortex outta a demon book clip they told me oh well basically and kept closing the ticket no matter how many times i reopened it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol that picture only shows you get 0. Forges never tell you how many items you will receive unless you already have the mats to make them

Dots.

Also this isn't about chances, its about the mats quantity.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I do hope that they fix the issue with the text being wrong.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options

4bthtp8g.jpg

Nice to see you would stoop so low as to start throwing out personal insults, especially when I agreed with you that the creation window shows only ONE fragment is created. Some people are so mean.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nice to see you would stoop so low as to start throwing out personal insults, especially when I agreed with you that the creation window shows only ONE fragment is created. Some people are so mean.

You accused him of trolling first...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You accused him of trolling first...?

She didn't insult me over that. She can't seem to understand that I agreed with her about the creation window showing that only ONe fragment is created. And she also cannot seem to understand that, setting aside that creation window, the text prompt shows TWO, and that is where people can get confused, or mistaken. I never said she was wrong, I merely pointed out that she was purposefully ignoring the other half of the issue, which IMO makes her look like a troll, a snob, and a bully. Perhaps she wasn't trying to act in such a way, but her personal attacks on my brain cells beg to differ.

Bottom line is, whether or not the creation window shows the accurate amount, the fact remains that the text prompt does not.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dots.

Also this isn't about chances, its about the mats quantity.

Unfortunately it doesn't say one anywhere in your picture. That round looking thing is the digit ZERO.

Why don't you use your analytical skills to tell me how many Herb Yuanxiao you get from 3 tokens using this picutre:

http://i.imgur.com/tg1gv.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]