Seeker Underpowered

Options
runican
runican Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Seeker
seekers are the worst class for pvp. our parchedblade dance is to hard to activate. It takes a good while for us to set it up for a stun. Our control skills are pathetic. skills take to long to cast. Marking targets is a pain in pk. Blade affinity doesn't last long enough...maybe enough for 2 skills if your opponent just stands there.. all we have going for us is numbness, edged blur. the rest are pretty much mediocre skills. b:cry
only class i feel we really have an edge over in serious pvp is the bm before he gets 4/5 aps.
Give us more power b:surrender
Post edited by runican on

Comments

• Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    right...
    PWE is over biased to sins
    and we earthguards can't get r9 either
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not all pk is about control skills. and have u ever seen a pro seeker. they do NOT go down easy. ive seen seekers give out 1 shots left and right to ppl THERE LVL even at 100. and seekers dont even got r9 yet
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lrn2pvp
  • Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with all the debuffs, stuns, near-arcane damage range, insane def levels, ect., seekers are pretty awesome in PvP. At least, the one's that I've seen in TW and PvP are, even without uber R8 or R9 gear.

I think the OP is having trouble learning to play his class. It's not a BM, it's not a Sin, it's something new. Anyone familiar with the old D&D books would place it more as a battlemage if anything.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • _Severn_ - Harshlands
    _Severn_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    with my seeker im able to put up hell of a fight fighting lvl 95+, and when i fight lvl same levels as me, i can usually beat them, not saying im pro at the class, but i like to think im above average, i usually get complements for lasting as long as i do, seekers are beast b:pleased
  • XCrashx - Lost City
    XCrashx - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seekers bring a total different aspect to pvp. Don't expect it to be like playing any other class. Its more of a wait and strike when the time is right type class which is more then what i can say for any other class. It depends on the player to know when to drop that deadly combo, using everything at once. Void-step edged blur occult ice extreme poison auto swing dead. The combo listed above is like a three spark to a 5 aps class. Edged blur never fails to amaze me in pvp. But still zerk r9 isn't even out yet, talk about a 1 shot lol. Other magic using classes could only dream of zerk on there weapon.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that Seekers are one of the few classes that can not only tank multiple 5.0 end game sins at the same time, but kill them with relative ease. Our defense levels alone make us a force in PvP, and if you know what you are doing, you can be nigh unstoppable.

Even against r9's, with the obvious exception of wizzies or psys who just have to faceroll anyways, I can stand up pretty decently. Its not that the class is bad at PvP, its just that people dont know how to unlock our potential yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seekers bring a total different aspect to pvp. Don't expect it to be like playing any other class. Its more of a wait and strike when the time is right type class which is more then what i can say for any other class. It depends on the player to know when to drop that deadly combo, using everything at once. Void-step edged blur occult ice extreme poison auto swing dead. The combo listed above is like a three spark to a 5 aps class. Edged blur never fails to amaze me in pvp. But still zerk r9 isn't even out yet, talk about a 1 shot lol. Other magic using classes could only dream of zerk on there weapon.

Your combo is nice, however it requires so much chi, cool downs and stamina. Pretty much any class with similar refinements/gear, who survives can dominate you, while you wait for your genie and chi. b:surrender
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options
    with my seeker im able to put up hell of a fight fighting lvl 95+, and when i fight lvl same levels as me, i can usually beat them, not saying im pro at the class, but i like to think im above average, i usually get complements for lasting as long as i do, seekers are beast b:pleased

b:surrender can you but up some of those fights... i would like to see more seeker pk videos. Currently there are only two seeker pk videos online.
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that Seekers are one of the few classes that can not only tank multiple 5.0 end game sins at the same time, but kill them with relative ease. Our defense levels alone make us a force in PvP, and if you know what you are doing, you can be nigh unstoppable.

Even against r9's, with the obvious exception of wizzies or psys who just have to faceroll anyways, I can stand up pretty decently. Its not that the class is bad at PvP, its just that people dont know how to unlock our potential yet.

I agree with you that we can take a beating, but nothing stands a chance against 5 aps unless if you're super geared. Unlike other classes once we get out of the stuns we can not disable the opponent, so end game sins, bms, barbs can just rinse and repeat. We are a weak kiting class with poor control skills and only one run skill.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    runican wrote: »
    I agree with you that we can take a beating, but nothing stands a chance against 5 aps unless if you're super geared. Unlike other classes once we get out of the stuns we can not disable the opponent, so end game sins, bms, barbs can just rinse and repeat. We are a weak kiting class with poor control skills and only one run skill.

I'm far from super geared. Rank 8 set +5, and a Nirvana sword. But on 3 seperate occasions I have survived, and defeated multiple 5.0 sins at once. Sage Unfetter, Sage Blade Affinity, antistun pots, etc, and stuns are nothing. And the great thing about Seekers is that we can still fight when we are stunned, ie. Edged Blur. It's not THAT hard.

And why the hell are you kiting on a melee class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lrn2pvp

lrn2sendmoarnudes
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    Kodama_xx - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    just wanted to point out one flaw with a statement up above, what is this "all of the stuns" you speak of for a seeker, the seeker has but 2 stuns. one which has a 20% chance at marking then you have to hit it with coresponding skill to stun and the other which lasts a mesely 3 seconds and costs a spark to use. that is all both of which is nearly useless. though i will admit many people do not know how to use the class, but it is also true we have nearly nothing in the way of disables
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you consider seekers underpwoered all because you could'nt achieve insta kills in one mundane combo...then yes to you it will be underpowered..

-drops head on keyboard- "heh! no one dieded must be underpowereded" -goes back to sin-
    re
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm a wizard. My stun takes 2 sparks and 5 seconds to cast.

Mind if I join in on the QQ?
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    just wanted to point out one flaw with a statement up above, what is this "all of the stuns" you speak of for a seeker, the seeker has but 2 stuns. one which has a 20% chance at marking then you have to hit it with coresponding skill to stun and the other which lasts a mesely 3 seconds and costs a spark to use. that is all both of which is nearly useless. though i will admit many people do not know how to use the class, but it is also true we have nearly nothing in the way of disables

Personally i dont use the parch dance, i miss to many times, i tend to use the last stance which marks the gemi combo. Really i dont have time to worry about combos but the gemi combo is awersome and deadly. Right now i cant beat any level 100s but i dont have rank 8 lol yet, but i try do as much damage before i go down. People whine about bms and sins but actually i find venos and psychics more troublesome. Veno with bramble hood, although i learned to run xD and wait for that. But psychic the most troublesome, with their reflect skill and damage, heck once i zerk 1 hit myself with gemi slash because of that skill lol.

Yup i got a psychic friend why i litterally cant beat, well she has rank 8 gear, i dont i guess thats the difference lol. TT90 and rank 7 hardly refined against her gear, the funny thing is, i nearly won once using void step + vortex before her charm ticked, then she reflected my vortex back to me.

:D Anyways hopefully when i get my rank 8 gear xD i might be able to fight against some level 100s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Personally i dont use the parch dance, i miss to many times, i tend to use the last stance which marks the gemi combo. Really i dont have time to worry about combos but the gemi combo is awersome and deadly. Right now i cant beat any level 100s but i dont have rank 8 lol yet, but i try do as much damage before i go down. People whine about bms and sins but actually i find venos and psychics more troublesome. Veno with bramble hood, although i learned to run xD and wait for that. But psychic the most troublesome, with their reflect skill and damage, heck once i zerk 1 hit myself with gemi slash because of that skill lol.

Yup i got a psychic friend why i litterally cant beat, well she has rank 8 gear, i dont i guess thats the difference lol. TT90 and rank 7 hardly refined against her gear, the funny thing is, i nearly won once using void step + vortex before her charm ticked, then she reflected my vortex back to me.

:D Anyways hopefully when i get my rank 8 gear xD i might be able to fight against some level 100s.

she just... stood there while you vortex'ed her Oo; ?
    vortex should mean "get the hell out of here" for an arcane class o.o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    she just... stood there while you vortex'ed her Oo; ?
    vortex should mean "get the hell out of here" for an arcane class o.o;

XD no she didnt stand still, xD i manage to void step xD before she can do anything. Then xD the charm ticked Xd then reflected XD Ko for me. Without that charm xd i would of won.

Now days i dont use voretex that much in pvp xD after that experience. Still a master at pve XD , i am pvp nub lol but its fun ^_^ to try. I need to change my genie affinity soon, get rid of alpha male and get myself occult ice or get a new genie for pvp instead of having a multi purpose delta/ pvp genie. i am also going to change my set up, and start putting my my important skills in the hotkeys and the rest click on the other skill windows like i used to in other morgs before i came here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options

exactly.
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And why the hell are you kiting on a melee class?

stuns and APS. b:surrender
  • yan00
    yan00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    if u came to my server, u see i beat everyone on my gear level :P. sins nv +10 etc etc.

not tryin to be big headed, but i am standin up for my class!!!!
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited August 2011
    Options
    seekers are the worst class for pvp. our parchedblade dance is to hard to activate. It takes a good while for us to set it up for a stun. Our control skills are pathetic. skills take to long to cast. Marking targets is a pain in pk. Blade affinity doesn't last long enough...maybe enough for 2 skills if your opponent just stands there.. all we have going for us is numbness, edged blur. the rest are pretty much mediocre skills. b:cry
    only class i feel we really have an edge over in serious pvp is the bm before he gets 4/5 aps.
    Give us more power b:surrender

Here is a thought: Maybe you just fail, and make the class you play underpowered. Some people just can't grasp some classes. While others excel.

QQ we dont haz no antistun QQ

QQ we cant stunlock em in place and auto kill them QQ

QQ I can't one shot a barb QQ

^^those are inevitable to fail at a seeker...

While others learn to play without those luxuries...ijs ijs
  • runican
    edited August 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »
    Here is a thought: Maybe you just fail, and make the class you play underpowered. Some people just can't grasp some classes. While others excel.

QQ we dont haz no antistun QQ

QQ we cant stunlock em in place and auto kill them QQ

QQ I can't one shot a barb QQ

^^those are inevitable to fail at a seeker...

While others learn to play without those luxuries...ijs ijs

You speak of others excelling without explaining how... you are so helpful.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited August 2011
    Options

Not here to be helpful, just to call out the simple minded on BS.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

If you have to read in how to excell in your class, you still won't excell in your class even when you have read it.
    You can read what you should do in those "oh shi-" situations. That doesn't mean you're fast enough to do so yourself. Same with what skills to use on what class/opponent.
    You will have to find out yourself how to react in different situations. It's not something that can be explained easily seeing there are many scenario's.

I myself am still learning how to use this class to the fullest potential. If I lose a duel, I try to learn, ask for a rematch over and over untill I find something that I can do to get at least that persons hp down more then last time.

Just don't go around yelling a class is underpowered right away u_u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    maybe your just getting critted by all the R9s pounding on you? >_>??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seeker underpowered? O.O I nearly 1 hit a rank 8 mystic with 90 gear mostly and just a few rank 7 top and bottom.

:) Like Hazumi says you win some, you lose some. You try again, and try to improve just like in real life. b:pleased.

But i did notice this, the more you use the seeker the better you get. Well if you put some effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not sure if its underpowered but the more seekers brag about how powerful they can PK other classes, the more chances the devs actually gonna have ideas to nerf it cause its still a 'new' class.

if i were owning pple id shut my mouth so i could keep it that way lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not sure if its underpowered but the more seekers brag about how powerful they can PK other classes, the more chances the devs actually gonna have ideas to nerf it cause its still a 'new' class.

if i were owning pple id shut my mouth so i could keep it that way lol

XD Ouch i dont want them to nerf xD more things i like.b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]