Seeker Underpowered

Options
2»

Comments

• digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have no problems using my seeker in pk. In fact, I find killing other players with a seeker more satisfying than the other classes. PKing with a sin for example is so boring. Once I can play again, for sure I will be PKing a lot with my seeker.

Quid Pro Quo is a deadly skill when used correctly. Seekers are difficult to utilize effectively. Hence, complaints such as "QQ, seekers underpowered yo" are generated. My advice is - don't QQ, just reroll another class.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you think YOU'RE underpowered?

/outb4...well nothing really, all that really needs to be said has been addressed in the 32 preceding posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    its normal >.> nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not sure if its underpowered but the more seekers brag about how powerful they can PK other classes, the more chances the devs actually gonna have ideas to nerf it cause its still a 'new' class.

if i were owning pple id shut my mouth so i could keep it that way lol

If I didnt know that you have been here a very long time already, I would think that you were new here. Devs actually doing something? lawl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seekers underpowered? Excuse me while I throw my head back and laugh...

I'm not really well-geared for my level. 3 TT80 items (including the blade), a couple R4 or R5 items (forget exactly which one), and some quest rewards from lvl 65-75. I have beaten others with full TT80 sets, and I've even beat a couple well-geared people in their lvl 90's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats underpowered about a HA wiz? I mean seeker
    PWI b:bye
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe if people stop building vit seekers(as in adding vit stat rather then using gear for vit) and go more full str and or some more str then they might see a difference ;p.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe if people stop building vit seekers(as in adding vit stat rather then using gear for vit) and go more full str and or some more str then they might see a difference ;p.b:chuckle

Good point...

People that are playing seekers, and complaining their damage is too low, are typically people trying to have their cake and eat it too....

Seekers trying to have awesome tankablity builds IE -high vit- bulds will for obvious reason deal less damage. If we could still do massive damage and have high vit for HP/mdef/pdef we would be a bit OP....being able to take tons of damage, and deal tons of it back, just inst part of the balance.

Pure damage seekers, trade off their tankability to deliver massive damage, living up to their stereotype as a HA-wizzy....but even a pure if played right, can be a **** to kill in PvP.
    re
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL. No we are not underpowered. We AREN'T overpowered though.

And we're annoying to fight in PVP.

OP is now pillsbury doughboy'd for making such an asinine declaration! His mind must be cleanse of such falsified nonsensical judgment of the EveryoneShouldbeOne class that is the badassery of all sword play: Seeker!
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And why the hell are you kiting on a melee class?

melee class? your not one of those "interval seeker" advocates are you?

yan00 wrote: »
    if u came to my server, u see i beat everyone on my gear level :P. sins nv +10 etc etc.

not tryin to be big headed, but i am standin up for my class!!!!

lol post your screenie of your setup and all the gold borders around your skills.....theres a reason why your owning everything aside from knowing how to play that is, id give my left nut for your setup and skills....

Good point...

People that are playing seekers, and complaining their damage is too low, are typically people trying to have their cake and eat it too....

Seekers trying to have awesome tankablity builds IE -high vit- bulds will for obvious reason deal less damage. If we could still do massive damage and have high vit for HP/mdef/pdef we would be a bit OP....being able to take tons of damage, and deal tons of it back, just inst part of the balance.

Pure damage seekers, trade off their tankability to deliver massive damage, living up to their stereotype as a HA-wizzy....but even a pure if played right, can be a **** to kill in PvP.

this is exactly it, I was worried originally about my damage on other players, hearing how seekers are good etc etc, and then i try and im hitting like ****....well duh i got 75 vit base ,but i reset some and boom even that little bit was enuf to give a slight boost that i needed...i still cant kill a barb at or around my level, havent died from one yet 1v1 either, but i cant seem to outdamage the hp and charm fast enuf vs barb, all others however seem to be normal fights....vs arcanes its stupid short fights i 1-2 shot most, sins are a 1-3 shot if i can survive the initial blow, i got hit by a 8k earthen rift earlier today, however if u survive the initial encounter they dont like vac powders very much their whole survival thrives on keeping u stunned, bms are like barb fights for me, long, boring, lots of kiting, and waiting for a zerk crit on heartseeker or gemini
  • TomHung - Archosaur
    TomHung - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

I am a Full STR seeker and have had very little problems in pvp. The only class I hate fighting is the Psychic class.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    melee class? your not one of those "interval seeker" advocates are you?

Dont EVER use those words around me lol.

And no, but given that the majority of our skills are close range, yes, we are a melee class. If the only thing you can do is hope gemini works, then you are a fail seeker. There is much more to the class than that, and if you spend an entire fight running while waiting for a magical crit, then yes, kiting on this class fails. There are plenty of things to do in between those hits.

As with Yan, anyone I've come across on our server in my gear range, I dominate. It's really not that hard. The only real issues I have are with op mages, and lets face it, you wouldnt be trying to kite from a mage, would you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If I didnt know that you have been here a very long time already, I would think that you were new here. Devs actually doing something? lawl.
    Im not gonna be ignorant enough to laugh and dangle the thought in their face.
    Especially since pwi has made silent changes in the past on other things that drastically changed the economy (not including rank and packs).
    you prolly wherent playing at the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I noticed that people are me for many things, which is annoying because I need coin and gear. One thing I know we are suppose to tank but people asking me to tank tm69 tm79 and Eden and lunar. I am sure that tn69 I don't need charm or op gear but what bh79. People need to understand I got limits, I got rank 8 only sword and gear and top the rest of my gear is like low and I hardly refined. So maybe I suppose do it but I am the seekers that do tm79 and higher are experinced and geared and charmed. I just wish people don't me for pulling when I don't have the gear and it will cost me money and let me do delta and help people for delta OHT. I love seeker but this is what I hate, people need to retool and use seeker instead of bother us mains, yes I love helping but there is a limit to how much I can help.
    That's all I got to say.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I noticed that people are me for many things, which is annoying because I need coin and gear. One thing I know we are suppose to tank but people asking me to tank tm69 tm79 and Eden and lunar. I am sure that tn69 I don't need charm or op gear but what bh79. People need to understand I got limits, I got rank 8 only sword and gear and top the rest of my gear is like low and I hardly refined. So maybe I suppose do it but I am the seekers that do tm79 and higher are experinced and geared and charmed. I just wish people don't me for pulling when I don't have the gear and it will cost me money and let me do delta and help people for delta OHT. I love seeker but this is what I hate, people need to retool and use seeker instead of bother us mains, yes I love helping but there is a limit to how much I can help.
    That's all I got to say.b:laugh

You can tank *all* of Eden. Lunar I'm not sure. tm's I'm not sure. You can tank *all* bh's bosses(barring the debuff of course).

You can solo the first 2 bosses of culti 99(done it).

You don't need strong gear to pull. Just confidence and some common sense. Like you can't pull the exp room full. Half and half. And all you need is a charm and lvl75 pots. A budget seeker, which I feel that you are, is just as capable of doing an amazing things as someone who has tons of coin to make awesome gear. There's ways to buff up your def lvl. Bless box of defence, o mailies, etc.

The age of Barb is dying, and seekers are being relied upon. Have some confidence in your abilities and explore.

This is coming from someone who has tanked pretty much everything there is outside of Nirvana. I'm a crazy straight shooter seeker. It doesn't matter if I never tanked it. I KNOW I can tank it. Heck I killed JEWEL and the cleric didnt even purify me.. I just quided that debuff back as much as I could and kept my HP high with pots, and lowered it's attack lvl with Soul Sever > gemini slash.

It can be done. Your potential is definitly there.
  • fushima
    fushima Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dont EVER use those words around me lol.

And no, but given that the majority of our skills are close range, yes, we are a melee class. If the only thing you can do is hope gemini works, then you are a fail seeker.

Majority of the skills are range. *facepalm*
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Do I think we could have used one more stun? Hell yes. Otherwise ask people I fight on my server. I'm not easy to kill, you know why? BECAUSE I KITE. Yeah were a heavy armor class, so what? Why on earth would you limit yourself to standing in front of a guy using a 25m skill? Especially when you have an 8 second immobilize and 7 skills (including sage cleave) that can hit out of their range. Kiting has always been a part of the game and retreating is an extremely effective war strategy, just look at Genghis Khan. Hell wizards even have a skill for it. Being good as a seeker comes down to using all of your skills to their max potential. Such as using Quid Pro Quo for the silence, Edged Blur when you KNOW your gonna be stunned. Having a well prepared genie also helps. Seekers aren't underpowered, just kinda held back.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You can tank *all* of Eden. Lunar I'm not sure. tm's I'm not sure. You can tank *all* bh's bosses(barring the debuff of course).

You can solo the first 2 bosses of culti 99(done it).

You don't need strong gear to pull. Just confidence and some common sense. Like you can't pull the exp room full. Half and half. And all you need is a charm and lvl75 pots. A budget seeker, which I feel that you are, is just as capable of doing an amazing things as someone who has tons of coin to make awesome gear. There's ways to buff up your def lvl. Bless box of defence, o mailies, etc.

The age of Barb is dying, and seekers are being relied upon. Have some confidence in your abilities and explore.

This is coming from someone who has tanked pretty much everything there is outside of Nirvana. I'm a crazy straight shooter seeker. It doesn't matter if I never tanked it. I KNOW I can tank it. Heck I killed JEWEL and the cleric didnt even purify me.. I just quided that debuff back as much as I could and kept my HP high with pots, and lowered it's attack lvl with Soul Sever > gemini slash.

It can be done. Your potential is definitly there.

Thanks i will try spare money for a charm for my activities. After hearing that i feel i will try, just gotten a charm xd lately. I must say its useful :) along with using crab.

Anyways heres is my gear.
    http://pwcalc.com/962f1c7e71f55470

I know i shouldnt be full str with those gear, xD but a temptation for me to go full str is growing every day. Anyways i dunno why i am adding vit, i think because i am scared i will die more or i am scared that people will look at my hp and see its 5.5k -6k and not accept xD me.b:chuckle. Yes thats the only reason i got 50vit and not 5vit.

Yes i am budget seeker who has xD no farmable other mains, this is my main. So my question is if i am budget and like this, and can i survie in full str. If so then i will have a try xD or not then i will keep my 50vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Refine your armor to +5. Save for immac hp shards and put it into all. I dont know what it is on your server, but on sanctuary, immac are 800-980k. Going for perfects, unless for atk, would be a waste of money.

And you're set.

You can go much further with vit+10(150HP + some def) stones though, but they are 40-45mil each.

And going full str is ok. Although I feel you have too much vit, it compensates.

And you can solo wraith fury(well he might be trouble)/wraith chief/frost/the other three in wrath swamp. /advertizes more crazy things we can do

Something to consider; Don't stop where you are on your weapon. Keep refining it as high as you can. The damage output is well worth it.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Refine your armor to +5. Save for immac hp shards and put it into all. I dont know what it is on your server, but on sanctuary, immac are 800-980k. Going for perfects, unless for atk, would be a waste of money.

And you're set.

You can go much further with vit+10(150HP + some def) stones though, but they are 40-45mil each.

And going full str is ok. Although I feel you have too much vit, it compensates.

And you can solo wraith fury(well he might be trouble)/wraith chief/frost/the other three in wrath swamp. /advertizes more crazy things we can do

Something to consider; Don't stop where you are on your weapon. Keep refining it as high as you can. The damage output is well worth it.

Thanks well then i guess i shall aim for +5 all first ^_^ and get my other gears.

XD Too much vit? Hee hee i went 50 because its was the maximum i can go, so if i do reset then it will only cost 1 reset stone lolb:thanksb:thanksb:thanks.

Oh yeah you said i can solo frost. O.O Although i know a seeker friend that soloed frost for a friend, costed epic repairs XD , i rather try tt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What a stupid thread, hate when QQers loose a few fights and think that their class suck cos of it, the problem is not class the problem is YOU. I made lvl 100 wiz, 100 sin 79 seeker so far. And Seeker totaly rips bms & barbs. I have even seen lvl 80ish seekers killing 99+ bms. And on PK good charmed seeker can kick sin ***. I got r8 sin and seeker & HA veno are the only classes that give me some trouble. Seeker for insande deff and veno for blamble. Only weak point of seeker is magic because they dont have barb anti damage skills or bms magical marrow. Other than that seekers are a steelwall.
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not Overpowered neither Underpowered. You know there is still some kind of balance in the game excluding the TB >.> Those Fishs should go back to their damn SEA b:shocked. Anyway sorry for that. What I mean is that the classes are still Balanced again excluding the TB and my conclusion is: They are not overpowered neither underpowered just BALANCED.

Excluding TB b:cool
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

And you're set.

Sounds interesting, except nowadays vit stones = ****. Its much better to add jades of steady defence that with omaleys blessing + seeker self buff would be insane defence.