PWI Ruined .

2»

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So, I must include myself or not ?

This character raised by me without FC and hyper stones starting from July 1, 2011.

I not play in other MMORPG.

Those MMORPG that I seen not interesting to me.

I prefer RPG.

And I saw PW from beginning (almost).
    That's nice I had three level 90+ by the TB expansion, which also means before hypers. I didn't FF until 80+ in summer 09 and there's no pride in zhenning for countless hours or grinding on the same mob pointlessly (which sadly I did for a while) any more than doing FF or hyper FF or powerlevel.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    everyone has his own reason to spend money. if u askin ME to tell YOU why to spend, then we both wasting time.
    I give u mine reason:
    1. I still have fun with this game.(pls dont kill me)
    2. I can afford 10$.

If u dont have reasons - DONT spend. This is the so called FREE WILL, thats what ppl think they have in free world.

1. Great that you're having fun.

2. Why would anyone spend 10$? Its not like you're gonna get anything worth while with that low sum of money. You can get 1 piece of fashion, slow speed wings or sell it in AH and make 15 mil. Whats the point of doing that? Charge 100$ with a 15% bonus or dont charge at all b:surrender

And yes most people do have a free will, thanks for sharing that with the community.

I haven't charged since 2010 because i dont want to pay for this trash game anymore, not because i cant afford it. But charging is of course way more fun than no-life merchandising and farming 24/7 b:sleep The choice between making 120-150 mil in a few minutes or in a few weeks is pretty obvious if you have a good economy irl. PWI feels like a third world country now where you need a freaking truck filled with coins to buy 1 can of food. Heavy cash shoppers = happy dollar tourists. I think thats the problem, not whether you can afford 10$ or not.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    But charging is of course way more fun than no-life merchandising and farming 24/7.

Honestly...I've found merchanting to be a fantastic way to make money, precisely because you don't actually have to be at your computer while you do it. Set up a catshop with a bunch of stuff, come back 3 hours later, spend 10 minutes resetting, rinse and repeat. I don't charge zen anymore, though I do farm FC to sell when I can...but merchanting to me seems like by far the most efficient/easiest way to make money these days.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Waiting the mega inflation because of rare cash shopper / gold supply.... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1. Great that you're having fun.

2. Why would anyone spend 10$? Its not like you're gonna get anything worth while with that low sum of money. You can get 1 piece of fashion, slow speed wings or sell it in AH and make 15 mil. Whats the point of doing that? Charge 100$ with a 15% bonus or dont charge at all b:surrender

And yes most people do have a free will, thanks for sharing that with the community.

I haven't charged since 2010 because i dont want to pay for this trash game anymore, not because i cant afford it. But charging is of course way more fun than no-life merchandising and farming 24/7 b:sleep The choice between making 120-150 mil in a few minutes or in a few weeks is pretty obvious if you have a good economy irl. PWI feels like a third world country now where you need a freaking truck filled with coins to buy 1 can of food. Heavy cash shoppers = happy dollar tourists. I think thats the problem, not whether you can afford 10$ or not.

seems u have a selective reading ... u look at point 1 and 2, and u never read the whole post. below i state: "if u dont have reason dont spend" so dont ask me why would anyone spend 10$. Its a choise not obligation.
    seems u like fashion, i dont. i spend $10 for refine and charms. like i sayd everyone has his own reasons. for u the game is trash for me is fun.

So back to original poster ( u may want to read the first page)
    he complains about gold in ah not going under 1 mil. well he is right and he is not happy coz he cannot buy think from cashop.
    on the other hand all this box selling that he complain about, makes the items in them cheap. i like that. by ingame farming i could buy gorenox, then diecides, then all my tt99 gears and finaly an interval cape. on other versions of this game i could only dream about it. u may think im obvios again but every medal has 2 sides. whole my point is that u never can make everyone happy. if gold price in ah is low non-cashshopers will be happy, but cashshopers wount be. same goes the other way around.

and wth.. u say this is a trash game and u still play it, even if u dont play it u still come on formus to complain. why are u even here if u dont like the game. excuse me of being so obvious but even if i am u still dont understand me...
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    all i can say to this is i find it hard to take a game is ruined thread by an idiot op who always tries to defend why sins are not op and do not need a nerf seriousb:bye
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    deant has good points.

The thing people aren't seeing here in the little picture behind the big one..

Who really fixes the economy in game ?

GM's ?? Nope..

Dev's ?? Nope..

Heavy cash shoppers ?? ohhhhhh

Let's see now my point.

Even if there's multiple packs sales (make that never-ending...). Who actually decides how much those packs are worth ? Players..

If gold stays over 1 million now permantly, who really fixes the 1st price for it in ah and then other one follows ? A player..

The lunar cape on my server went from 35 to 70 mils +. Who made that inflation ? Packs didn't have their % dropped of anything..So who decided it's now more costy to buy ? Players..

Who purposly raise prices so that the non (or lesser) cash shoppers feel like they are beeing ripped off and can't achieve what was once in their grasp ? Players..

The point is simple. real heavy cash shoppers got also big headed "I payed "x" amount of cash I deserve to be the best, those who can't invest can eatdirt and have no right to complain" Take a second to think about it..

Will never happen, but say tomorrow, all big cash shoppers unite and tell themselves "Ok, we have what we wanted, let's give a chance to the poorer population" and start selling packs at like 300k.. Gold would drop, some items would go back to "normal" prices, more poor people would actually be able to purchase things by farming and QQ less.

You think I take myself as exemple ? Not really, I adapted and doubles my investement per month in the game to be able to catch up. I'm talking for all those who really can't invest for different reasons and now are left behind with :

- Not finding squads for quests/bh cause barely no one quests anymore
    - Spending countless hours farming/grinding to get that darn +3 on something because..
    - They can't find a squad for high level instance anymore, big cash shoppers have the gear to hang together, they don't want to give someone a chance that would slow them down a minute or two.
    -More and more are literraly "forced" to roll a sin cause it's the class that's the most in demand and easier to farm with.

So you see.. I don't think devs wrecked the game.. People's greed did..

"Oh yeah, but they made rank cheap so everyone and their mom's are R8/R9 now"

They made sale once, people QQed but instead of staying at that and let a very few lucky ones to have it and be something really noted as "achievement" , people asked for it to come back.

This is a game. Some will pay, some won't. Those who spent thousands, yeah they make it so that others can play "freely" but when they raise price and reject them as beeing inferior, is it really worth it ?

Company's greed that wrecked economy ? Nope

Player's greed that wrecked it ? Yup..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Lol@OP being a sin and complaining that game is unfair
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That's nice I had three level 90+ by the TB expansion, which also means before hypers. I didn't FF until 80+ in summer 09 and there's no pride in zhenning for countless hours or grinding on the same mob pointlessly (which sadly I did for a while) any more than doing FF or hyper FF or powerlevel.

There is no other aim in this game, just quests from RPG style.

I not see anything interesting in power leveling (doing FF or hyper FF) since it is same as: "Let someone to play instead of me" or "Let pay such fee, that all mobs and bosses will be killed by someone".

When this game is boring for me, I not play in it.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    @puma
    +1 bro
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    b:cold

Only reason for the QQ tread is because you were not intelligent enough to stack 200 gold in safe when it was 100k a piece.

When we started it took a long time and hard work to get to 100 whit HH99. Now you can get to 100 in under 1 month if your lazy.

You can buy you gear in AH. The game is so much more easy for new player.

They should pay the price for starting late. Why should new player get easy money when they have easy lv, easy gear.

else format c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The thing people aren't seeing here in the little picture behind the big one..

Who really fixes the economy in game ?

GM's ?? Nope..

Dev's ?? Nope..

Heavy cash shoppers ?? ohhhhhh
    Hear, hear! Nice to see that some people get it.

It's the players that set the gold/coin exchange rate, not PWE.

PWE may influence it a bit depending on whether they have good sales or not, but ultimately it comes down to what some players are willing and able to spend. Those that are willing to pay 1.5 mil for gold will raise the price to that level. If nobody did, then the price would drop.

PWE isn't really in the price fixing business, and you shouldn't want them to be, so blaming them for giving the players the right to decide for themselves what a fair price is is just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
    edited August 2011
    Or we also can say that the game design is what luring inflation too happen, other than human natural from birth traits / ability : greed. b:shutup

Those who aren't greedy, won't live ? b:cry No greed, no changes on our live ?
    If you aren't greedy = kill yourself right away to save oxygen / food / water / space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Hear, hear! Nice to see that some people get it.

It's the players that set the gold/coin exchange rate, not PWE.

PWE may influence it a bit depending on whether they have good sales or not, but ultimately it comes down to what some players are willing and able to spend. Those that are willing to pay 1.5 mil for gold will raise the price to that level. If nobody did, then the price would drop.

PWE isn't really in the price fixing business, and you shouldn't want them to be, so blaming them for giving the players the right to decide for themselves what a fair price is is just silly.

Why should Mr. or Ms. Cashshopper sell gold if he can buy his endgame gear directly from boutique? Isn't that lowering the supply of gold while Mr./Ms. Noncashshopper want to stay competitive gearwise and for instance buy/resell items, gold etc. with profit and increase inflation? Every time new items and especially when new and better gear came out the goldprice went up. Of course goldprice would be lower if players pay less for gold. But there are reasons for them to think they want to spend these amounts. - If nobody would eat then we hadn't starvation. xD
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why should Mr. or Ms. Cashshopper sell gold if he can buy his endgame gear directly from boutique?
    Well, maybe they already have their endgame gear? Maybe because they can get more bang for their buck in some cases by cashing in their gold and buying from the auction house instead? Maybe they want something other than just R9 gear?
    Isn't that lowering the supply of gold while Mr./Ms. Noncashshopper want to stay competitive gearwise and for instance buy/resell items, gold etc. with profit and increase inflation?
    Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on whether that translates to them selling less gold at the auctioneer or not.
    Every time new items and especially when new and better gear came out the goldprice went up.
    But a lot of those items come in packs, and some people would rather buy them directly instead of buying a bunch of packs and depending on chance. This brings gold sellers and merchants into the mix, as they sell to the people who want to "play the lotto" with packs.
    Of course goldprice would be lower if players pay less for gold. But there are reasons for them to think they want to spend these amounts.
    Yup, it's a free market that sets the prices, not PWE.

You basically have four ways to make coins in PWI:

1) Buy gold and sell it for coins.
    2) Grind for mats and items, then sell them for coins.
    3) Play the market between the prices for mats, items, gold, and coins and attempt to make a profit.
    4) Buy packs and hope to get something out of it that is more valuable than the pack itself.

The first two are guaranteed to net you some coins, the third should work most of the time, though it takes some effort to do it well, and the fourth very rarely works, but it potentially has the highest payout in time and effort vs. results, so is attempted by those who are hoping to make a quick buck and either aren't interested in working to make coins or simply don't understand the odds.

The interplay of the buyers and sellers of the different types, plus their ratios and some unchanging item price points, sets the overall market value. It's a complex, dynamic system, and there is no "fix" to it that could please most people, so the best thing you can do is accept that and adapt to the changing markets.

From what I've seen, nobody who complains about the system instead of adapting to it actually has any solution to the problem that doesn't require restrictions to the market that a large number of people would not like (with the possible exception of removing Ten Million Big Notes from the Token of Best Luck trade-in, but even that I'm not sure about). On the other hand, those that adapt instead of simply complaining, have done quite well.

That last bit is just my opinion though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
    edited August 2011
    The basic : Buy low Sell high
    Already mean inflation if uncontrolled or manipulated. b:laugh

Don't underestimate player capability to manipulate market, 400k price can jump to 25 million.
    b:shutup

This one of example when our awareness play a big part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]