Im lv70 now and I don't find much gears in auctioneer...

shiaaa333
shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Cleric
The only gear's available for me is a robe while other parts like legging or footwear stuff are all above my lv... the robe's 3 stars tho should I get it?
Post edited by shiaaa333 on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i dunno what clerics are supposed to wear at 70. i play this veno as a caster/AA (mostly, anyway) and i wear a TT70 armor set i made myself. did TT runs with guildmates for the mats, and bought a mold: dark pants of hades from the AH for the legs.

look for the materials you'd need for a TT70 armor set on the AH, in catshops by the archo forges, and/or do TT runs for them. the TT70 set is at least as good as 3* items if not better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    TT70 isn't worth it, imo. Ever since the mysterious chip fix and the advent of BHs, there's no reason not to get cheapo mold gear for those levels. TT70 may have better base stats than on-level 3*'s, but molds (and potentially 3*'s) have better adds. If you plan to (or have) invested in rep, the rank IV (?) robe is great and will last you into your 8x's. I know you asked about 70 specifically, but there are great molds coming up for you that will make TT70 obsolete fairly quickly.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited August 2011
    people do often say TT70 isn't worth it, but it's a matter of "isn't worth what?" to me. i only had to run a very few TTs to get all the mats; farming mats for the ultimate substances on the open map was boring, but not hard; and i wanted level-4 crafting skills anyway. so i got my TT70 gear for the investment of playing the game, really, and i don't regret it.

i DID skip the TT70 legs in favor of the mold, though, and i do plan on getting the level-77 mold arms when i hit that level. but i level up a lot more slowly than the OP, so my gear will last me much longer than it likely would her --- up to her to decide how to weight that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    I just bought the genies westmet 3 stars in auction...and im broke now... the legging weapon or other parts r all higher lv...b:sad
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't the TT70 used in crafting the 80 (and therefore 90 then 99 then NV) set? I'm not in-game right now, else I'd look at the forges. But that's what memory says.

If so, TT70 is probably the way to go, since you'll need to farm/obtain it at some point anyhow.

Also, run lots of Hallucinatory Trench and you'll get *LOTS* of gear...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    whats Hallucinatory Trench? btw is the one i bought frm auction ok?
    edited August 2011
    hallucinatory trench is FB79/BH79. level 70 is a little early to go running that regularly, though if you're doing your chrono quests, one of them will take you there. and we can't know what you bought from the AH, what stats it's got and so on, so we can't be sure if it's good or not.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Lenie, this is the Cleric subforum. We get dragged to heal all kinds of random **** we're really not up to! b:chuckle (I remember the day I hit 89: "WOO! Now you can do SoT with us!" "Um, OK?" And damn if I wasn't 1-shot by Peachblossom. Yay res scroll + some apoth to get through the rest!)

But yeah. There isn't much in there that should cause a reasonably decent 70 cleric too much hassle... IF s/he stays with the squad and knows how aggro works. The first hit from one of those archers would be curtains... b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't the TT70 used in crafting the 80 (and therefore 90 then 99 then NV) set?

No, 70 -> 80 green -> 90 gold

90 green requires no souledges and leads to 99.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    No, 70 -> 80 green -> 90 gold

90 green requires no souledges and leads to 99.

I knew I shoulda logged in to check first as to what the progression was. b:shutup

But yeah. TT70 wouldn't be a dead end, as it is usable for upgrades that will last quite a while (unless you powerlevel, in which case, all bets are off).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't the TT70 used in crafting the 80 (and therefore 90 then 99 then NV) set? I'm not in-game right now, else I'd look at the forges. But that's what memory says.

If so, TT70 is probably the way to go, since you'll need to farm/obtain it at some point anyhow.

Also, run lots of Hallucinatory Trench and you'll get *LOTS* of gear...

TT Armor is 70 -> 80 -> 90 Gold, Start again (dont need Souledge) TT 90 -> 99 -> NV.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    But yeah. TT70 wouldn't be a dead end, as it is usable for upgrades that will last quite a while (unless you powerlevel, in which case, all bets are off).

True, but I would hope you are sharding and refining your gear, in which case it would be better to sell whatever gear you've been wearing through your 7Xs and buy/make some cheap crappy TT70s to decomp.

Unless I'm the only one who doesn't like decomping gear decent enough to wear...b:surrender
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    is my robe ok? it's 3 stars bought from auctioneer...b:shutup
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »

Pretty sure I pointed out to you in an earlier thread what some of your 70 gear should be, and as for your 3 star top it depends on the adds. Why don't you go to http://pwcalc.com/ and show us what gear your talking about. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited August 2011

3*s are really hit or miss, so unless you tell us what adds are on the piece, we can't tell you either way.

If you've got adds like +p.def, +hp, +mag, odds are it's a good purchase. If it has +dex, it's probably a waste.

As Venus said, give us a pwcalc of what you have and it's easier for us to make recommendations.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/9e0b2b3a41ebe789

this is the one i bought and so far only 1 shards i added myself coz it doesnt come with any shard...
    edited August 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/9e0b2b3a41ebe789

this is the one i bought and so far only 1 shards i added myself coz it doesnt come with any shard...

NO add-ons at all, just the basic stats and one socket? (or more than one socket?) wow. i didn't know three-star armor came without add-ons. but if this one did... then that's really not that great. tolerable, certainly better than white NPC-bought, but no more than so-so.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    but its 3 stars...b:sad and its not cheap... im broke now bcoz of that.
    edited August 2011

compare: http://pwcalc.com/9d292a8fa8e43b72

although, no matter what armor you choose to wear, making some more coin might be your first priority. one piece of armor shouldn't have to leave you broke; it's good you're upgrading your kit, but you'll have to keep doing that for many levels yet to come, so you'll need to make more coin somehow.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    where u got that robe??? i dont c it at the auction available
    edited August 2011

3*s doesn't guarantee that it's good. pwcalc doesn't have the adds by default, so if the actual gear you have has them, you'll have to add those into pwcalc manually. I'm *hoping* you just forgot to do that. If that's the case, the gear isn't as bad as it looks. Also, if you have decent adds on the rest of your gear, that can make up for the lack of adds on the chest piece. If you give us your full calc, we can make some adjustments on what you've got and hopefully point you in the right direction.

Here's an idea of a minimal cost build for level 70: http://pwcalc.com/24f72d915aa8d825
    Mind you, that gear isn't anything to write home about (not by a long shot). But all of it except for the sword is free if you're doing your quests. While you'll be undergeared for awhile, it's something you can use to get yourself going. There's generally better gear in AH, but it can be expensive and a bit hazardous if you don't know what you're looking for.

And a tip regarding funds: never, never, never let yourself go broke. It takes money to get money.

Edit: The robe Lenie linked is the TT70 robe. You can either craft it from mats obtained from killing bosses in the Twilight Temple, or purchase one from other players.
    edited August 2011
    where u got that robe??? i dont c it at the auction available

as Mauntille mentioned, that's the TT70 robe. this robe. i made mine myself, from materials i got on TT runs with guildmates mostly.

the "mysterious skull" (you'll need 10) drop like rain in the lower TT instances, they're "junk" materials that shouldn't cost much. getting enough of those shouldn't be a problem.

the broken shard of gold armor (you need 5) come from killing Dimentora in TT 1-1. you'll probably need to kill him three to five times to get enough, depending on whether your squadmates need them or not and how lucky you get.

and the ultimate substances, well, i farmed for them. flying and riding circles around the dragon highlands, from south of sundown town to north of the TT entrance, picking up the materials they're made from. i could have bought them, but i'm cheap.

the materials sometimes sell in the auction house separately, but i haven't checked the prices so i don't know how much it'd be to make it that way. it also takes level 4 tailoring skill to make it, which i had from before anyway. if you don't, you might be able to find someone you trust to make it for you, a guildmate or close friend who has tailor 4. i've made quite a bit of stuff for other people just to get the crafting XP.

edit: the TT armor should be listed in the auction house too, but it's not with the rest of the regular armor. if i remember right it's grouped under "elite" -- "twilight temple", or something like that.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    this is too complicated... can i just buy all my gears from auctioneer? i don't mind saving money
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Level 70'ish is a tough level for gear for Clerics/Arcanes, it is kind of an inbetween time.

But there are some molders that will get you through until level 90 (for TT 90 gear) once you get a few more levels. Also, these molders are not pricey. I would not start really sharding until 80+ unless using one of the 70+ molders or you have the money to actually use some low end shards in the 3*'s.

So here are some suggestions:

Legging Molder --> Dark Pants of Hades (this can even be made with chips in 1k)

3* Emerald Meteor Magic Ring (free from mini-quest outside of Dreamweaver)

3* Feet or even some 2*'s have better stats (look for pdef/hp/mag)

3* Vigilance Bracers (a quest reward and can be used till level 77 when you can get Sleeves of Sea Captain)

Top --> You have one and really can just use that until level 90 or you can use the level 77 molder Steppenwolf Lord's Cape once you get there. You do have the option for TT80 gear as well.

Ornaments --> Use protection ones. You can find great (and often cheap) 2*/3* ones. You can look for pdef/hp add-ons that can help you until you get about level 87 and can get the Sky Demon Pearl Necklace, at least.

Helmet --> Same as above you can go for basic 2*/3* with good add-ons. IF you get money or whatnot you could go for the Warsoul of Heaven which is essentially end-game but can be very pricey for some.

Cape --> Same as above with 2*/3*, capes I personally always found to be the hardest thing to keep "level" current and with decent add-ons.

Overall, do not worry, once you get to level 77/80 there are a ton of new options that open up for gear and even then some of the molders above can last well through the 80's until you hit 90+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    i looked it up in auctioneer and don't c any arcane legging of lv70s... :(
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    True, but I would hope you are sharding and refining your gear, in which case it would be better to sell whatever gear you've been wearing through your 7Xs and buy/make some cheap crappy TT70s to decomp.

Unless I'm the only one who doesn't like decomping gear decent enough to wear...b:surrender

To keep this tangentially on-topic topic going (even though the OP seems interested in just buying everything rather than earning it), in the end it comes down to "Is it worth buying/farming those mats again? Or is it cheaper/easier to just 'eat' those shards?"

And, there's always the chance that you'll craft a better version when you make the one you want to decomp. Then you'll just be pissy that neither is decompable... b:chuckle

I've done that for people countless times... "Hey, Fin, can you make me a such-and-such? You need to make the so-and-so before it and decomp it first... Here's all the mats!" "Um. The so-and-so? I crafted it with max sockets and stats... You SURE you want me to decomp it?" "Aw, ****. Gimme the leftover mats and the item... I gotta go farm some more..." b:surrender I've gotten part of the AH selling price of the mistakenly-good craft, though, a few times. So it's not all bad! b:thanks

shiaaa333, if you don't see what you want in the AH, farm mats and make it yourself. That's what lots of us do.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    how about divine weapons? I can do bh and get the shadow orders to make weapons there. are they good enough? or not as good as the ones in the forges?
    edited August 2011
    the divine order weapons, if you can get one that's appropriate for your level, are quite good --- as good as the TT ones of the same level, give or take so little that the difference doesn't matter. my seeker got one of these at level 30, and only just quit using it at level 48; i couldn't find anything better in those eighteen levels.

they're the exact same as the same weapons you can make at the forges if you have the molds for them, just that if you get them from divine quests then you can't re-sell them to anyone else when you're done using them.
    edited August 2011
    To keep this tangentially on-topic topic going (even though the OP seems interested in just buying everything rather than earning it), in the end it comes down to "Is it worth buying/farming those mats again? Or is it cheaper/easier to just 'eat' those shards?"

And, there's always the chance that you'll craft a better version when you make the one you want to decomp. Then you'll just be pissy that neither is decompable... b:chuckle

[snip]

That's true, and it really is a person by person case. IMO, gear decisions should be made based off of what you want for that level, not always just "planning ahead"*. With the TT70 legs in particular, I crafted and recrafted until I had a pair that came out with max stats and max sockets. Those were then refined to +3 and imbued with 4x flawless gems. That quality was something that I considered wearable. (I don't mean this to be realistic for everyone and some of this tedious process was due to my OCD taking over.) When I was done with them, I was able to sell the leggings and by a pair of minimum stat 2 socket undeveloped leggings for less than half the cost. Following with this idea, you could make the level 70 legendaries, use them, sell them when you're done and buy a crappy TT70 to decomp. The gear you use at 70 should be what you want and not necessarily what's on path X.

Although, I guess I'm just tweaking your process and moving the "should this be decomped" decision to the beginning, rather than the end. And my answer to your question of "is it [worth it] to juts 'eat' those shards [and refines]?" is "no". But that is a personal decision, and I'll readily admit that it doesn't apply in every case.

*Meaning, not just on a certain path. I'm not advocating getting TT80 gold, TT90 gold, and TT99 gold just because you like the stats better. However, the planning ahead argument for using one piece of gear to set you up for another piece of gear is only half of the puzzle. Resale comes into the picture as well.

how about divine weapons? I can do bh and get the shadow orders to make weapons there. are they good enough? or not as good as the ones in the forges?

What Lenie said, plus, I believe the Sakyamuni's Light is in the list. That's what you should be going for.
  • shiaaa333
    edited August 2011
    the divine order weapons, if you can get one that's appropriate for your level, are quite good --- as good as the TT ones of the same level, give or take so little that the difference doesn't matter. my seeker got one of these at level 30, and only just quit using it at level 48; i couldn't find anything better in those eighteen levels.

they're the exact same as the same weapons you can make at the forges if you have the molds for them, just that if you get them from divine quests then you can't re-sell them to anyone else when you're done using them.

but why ppl go for the forges? the divine is less work and cheaper right? all u need to do is bh