Im lv70 now and I don't find much gears in auctioneer...

2»

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    shiaaa333 wrote: »
    but why ppl go for the forges? the divine is less work and cheaper right? all u need to do is bh

The Divine Orders are a recent development. (Genesis expansion and newer.) Sometimes, a "mold" item will drop and you can craft it via the forges. If you're leveling quickly, sometimes you can pick up a mold much faster than you can earn the orders you need. Plus, not all of the orders can be completed in BH, so some people skip a lot of them. There are other rewards for the orders as well, such as pots, and runecrafting, so their orders may be tied up.

Also, IIRC, the weapons made from Divine Orders are untradable, meaning selling them when you've outgrown them isn't an option.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the divine order weapons being untradeable is not such a big thing; the fact that they need lots of divine honors is tougher.

like i said, i have a divine quest weapon on my seeker, the level 30 eagle's claw. it cost three divine honors. i got those one after the other, and that was immediately after the genesis expansion was released. i ended up thinking "this is gonna be great, all my characters will have legendary weapons through these quests, no problem!"

after that, i think i went months without getting another divine honor. the quests that would have given me them just would. not. appear. at the divine emissaries. turned out i'd been insanely lucky those first couple weeks --- and/or they tweaked the probabilities without telling anybody, i can't be sure which.

for the next weapon in the series, i think i'd need five honors. i've never had that many at once, not even across all my characters together. if you can get enough many honors collected, and if you could use the weapon they'd buy you --- jump on the chance. otherwise, one or two honors can still be used to buy you free HP and MP potions that work pretty darn well and save you a lot of coin at the apothecary.

(my sakyamuni's light was made from a mold, and i got the mold from my guild's bank. the weapon will go back to that bank once i'm done using it, which won't be for a good long while yet.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • shiaaa333
    shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    so this is the weapon i currently have:
    http://pwcalc.com/3f50fcf25b797e6b

should i get a new one at the divine ?

p.s. what to do with it if i outgrow the lv and don't need the weapon no more? decompose it?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    a +3 TT60 isn't a bad weapon. still, if you can manage to get a sakyamuni's light, go for that, it'd still be better. nothing less than that would be an improvement on what you've got, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What Lenie said, plus, I believe the Sakyamuni's Light is in the list. That's what you should be going for.

IMO, Sakyamuni's Light is a weapon that will last you 20+ levels, easily, if you pimp it out. By that, I mean dropping a few mirages into refining it (in my opinion, +4/+5 is that wep's "sweet spot" and it's probably not worth taking past +6) and a pair of Incomparable Sapphire Shards into it.

However, I'm not sure I'd do that with the Divine version, as it's bound. A nicely pimped-out Sakyamuni sells for a good amount of coin. Although, if you aren't powerleveling, the fact that you'll probably still be using it into your 90's might offset that fact for you. You'll definitely save/earn what it's worth, with how much more powerful your attacks and heals are versus the other choices. (Read as: "Things die faster and you need to heal less in total, saving MP pots/charm.")

Here's what it looks like on PWCalc, so you can compare it against your TT60: http://pwcalc.com/71982e86b6b2cc31

(Also, if you have 120 unallocated points, you probably want to work on that a bit, as that's a LOT of unallocated points... Perhaps more than gear can really make up for... b:shocked)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com