Frustrated with Power Levelers!!!!

Options
Fisten - Sanctuary
Fisten - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I know this thread will probably dub me as a QQer, but I really don't care!! I'm one of very few players now-a-days that actually enjoys doing the quests and helping others with theirs, but all these power levelers that charge for, and do, FCC runs are making it hard for those of us that actually do the quests and wanna legitimately level. I refuse to charge, or pay for, any sort of run (unless it's for wine) so getting MY runs done is difficult. I honestly don't care if I have the best gear/weapon on the server, or have R9 gear, as long as I can get my job done (healing the tank & other squad members) and everyone lives. I play this game for the enjoyment of it, not popularity like most power levelers. So to my fellow players that feel the same way, please don't fall into the power level trap, you really do miss out on a lot of good stuff by not doing ALL the quests. To those who don't....WHO CARES if you just leveled to 100 in 2 days cuz all you did was buy your way into FCC!!! You probably don't really know the game because of it.
Post edited by Fisten - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, so much good stuff from quests...

Npc: go kill 80 of x mobs. goes to kill 80 mobs and comes back
    Npc: Good job brave warrior! Here is your ultimate reward! omg, he is gonna give me a rank9 weapon -Npc gives 10k exp, 2k sp, 50k coins, and 1 mirage fragment for 40 minutes of grinding-

b:angryb:angryb:angry die quests
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    problem #1: plvl in fc
    problem #2: quests in pwi are so ****** epic fail and boring that it feels like grinding
    if quests were better probably more ppl would do them but they are like go to npc he pulls of his *** 3 lines of text what you have to kill go back after mobs r killed and ready the 1 line with ty from npc
    pwi quests are like customer support in this game
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How do power levelers impair your ability to do your quests?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

That.

And how does p leveling raise popularity?
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know this thread will probably dub me as a QQer, but I really don't care!! I'm one of very few players now-a-days that actually enjoys doing the quests and helping others with theirs, but all these power levelers that charge for, and do, FCC runs are making it hard for those of us that actually do the quests and wanna legitimately level. I refuse to charge, or pay for, any sort of run (unless it's for wine) so getting MY runs done is difficult. I honestly don't care if I have the best gear/weapon on the server, or have R9 gear, as long as I can get my job done (healing the tank & other squad members) and everyone lives. I play this game for the enjoyment of it, not popularity like most power levelers. So to my fellow players that feel the same way, please don't fall into the power level trap, you really do miss out on a lot of good stuff by not doing ALL the quests. To those who don't....WHO CARES if you just leveled to 100 in 2 days cuz all you did was buy your way into FCC!!! You probably don't really know the game because of it.

I am a supporter to this. Powerleveling itself ain't THAT bad (although I didn't) but it makes it so that new players actually have more trouble finding people their level to help them through quests. For people that DO quests, like me on all alts and Fisten, some are way easier done in a team.

And for poster that said that quests are boring, just see the other side of the medal. If someone doesn't put cash in game, quests are there to help get spirit and coins needed (by reward or drops) to get proper equipement/skills at the proper level.

A certain % of powerleveler (surely less then 1/4 but still exists) get to 100-101 and once there still wear lvl 40 gear and barely start learning skills.. You know, those things you can learn that can make a difference between a APS machine just auto-attacking and getting bored and someone actually using strategy ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    SyanaSky - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Npc: Good job brave warrior! Here is your ultimate reward! omg, he is gonna give me a rank9 weapon -Npc gives 10k exp, 2k sp, 50k coins, and 1 mirage fragment for 40 minutes of grinding-

LOL Uhm yeah.

OOOOOOooooo don't forget COLLECT QUESTS. Kill quests are tolerable. But collect quests..ugh

But I have to agree with the OP. Empty world is empty and it's hard to get BHs done now. Pretty much if you want to play the game the old way, you have to deal with being in a world of one.

I do miss the days of doing things the old way and not being the only one around doing it.

Also FCC used to be something to look forward too, but now it's open to all levels XD.
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

atleast they will actually know about their class unlike the ppl that pay to stand around and watch heads die....b:bye
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    SyanaSky - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lv80 cleric that does not know how to BB..
    Lvl80 cleric that gets lost in bh59..
    Lvl80 cleric that doesn't purify..

Goes on an on. BH29-59 kinda got it made. 69 onward, I'm scared for my life the amount of Head-nubs I'll encounter.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not everyone that power levels doesn't know how to play, some of them actually take the time to do their cultis when needed and learn how to use each skill in different situations. If you've played before, which a lot of people that power level have, you can learn how to use your class near perfectly by just doing your spirit cultivation..... I power leveled a sin, did NOTHING but FC to 101 and guess what? I know how to play it! I ended up using him to farm out a few +5 and 6 refines and +10 daggers... I ended up being able to PvP effectively with him and was beating other sins with better refines (back when I had +6 daggers). I know PvP with a sin isn't a huge accomplishment, but that's my highest level power leveled character so.. yeah =P Anyway... stop complaining about power leveling. ALL of you. Each person has their own way of leveling, as long as you know how to play your class I don't give a **** about how you got where you are. If I run with someone that doesn't know how to play I simply don't run with them again or I kick them, all there is to it.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know this thread will probably dub me as a QQer, but I really don't care!! I'm one of very few players now-a-days that actually enjoys doing the quests

Good for you, but dont hate on others who cant be bothered with those boring menaingless quests, especially after youve done them all b4 on other chars.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know people that like to play pwi at their own place. They hang out with friends. They mat farm or grind everyday to afford skills or fashion. They don't feel any need to powerlevel in fcc. Those friends are also lvls 40-60 and can't get any quest or bh help since their other friends are lvl 100 and have no time for them now X3.

While I can totally understand how someone who already has a lvl 100 (or someone who has been playing pwi for years) might want to rush to 100. I can't really get why brand new people would want to rush it. At 100, there isn't much to do besides bh100, nirvana, TT and pk or tw if you're into that sort of thing.

Personally, I've actually been playing less since 100 since I don't have to worry about gear or skills or experience anymore (tries to find stuff to do).
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

Well, as someone else mentioned, it's very difficult to find other players to do bh's. Also, if you aren't in an active faction (and many players are) or have any friends on your friends list online, then you have to resort to begging for help in wc to help with bosses and such. Take for example today, I spent an hr at the platform today looking for people to do a bh run, not a single person was around, but guess what, TONS of ppl wanting to buy into any kind of FCC run. Those players that all they want to do is FCC because of how much coin they can make from all the lvl 25+ are part of the reason why it impairs my ability to level.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, as someone else mentioned, it's very difficult to find other players to do bh's. Also, if you aren't in an active faction (and many players are) or have any friends on your friends list online, then you have to resort to begging for help in wc to help with bosses and such. Take for example today, I spent an hr at the platform today looking for people to do a bh run, not a single person was around, but guess what, TONS of ppl wanting to buy into any kind of FCC run. Those players that all they want to do is FCC because of how much coin they can make from all the lvl 25+ are part of the reason why it impairs my ability to level.

I could swear I've seen posts by people claiming that BH is also a form of powerleveling, along with Crazy Stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toast223 wrote: »
    problem #2: quests in pwi are so ****** epic fail and boring that it feels like grinding

OH and doin endless runs in FCC is so much better? At least when you do the quests to level, you are given items that help you level not just extra exp and spirit. Not to mention the fact that it's not the same thing over and over, every hour on the hour, day after day. To me, endless FCC runs are far more boring than killing mobs for the silly quests that are given to form some sort of story line in the game.

Fisten, party of one.
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I could swear I've seen posts by people claiming that BH is also a form of powerleveling, along with Crazy Stone.

Some people may feel that way, but it's not like doing endless FCC runs all day long to power level. bh and crazy stone quests are daily quests and can only be done a certain amount of times, unlike FCC.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To me, endless FCC runs are far more boring than killing mobs for the silly quests that are given to form some sort of story line in the game.

+1

I was brought in there with a friend when I was 3x (for free, too) and FCC...is boring. =\ I've outright refused to go back until 75+

I guess my true join date is showing when I say that grinding, for me at least, is sort of calming. XD I can spend hours killing the same things, something with good drops or exp, as long as no one needs me for heals, of course <.<

But now everyone treats quests and grinding as chores and all my friends outlevel me in 2 days while I have fun playing my game...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know people that like to play pwi at their own place. They hang out with friends. They mat farm or grind everyday to afford skills or fashion. They don't feel any need to powerlevel in fcc. Those friends are also lvls 40-60 and can't get any quest or bh help since their other friends are lvl 100 and have no time for them now X3.

While I can totally understand how someone who already has a lvl 100 (or someone who has been playing pwi for years) might want to rush to 100. I can't really get why brand new people would want to rush it. At 100, there isn't much to do besides bh100, nirvana, TT and pk or tw if you're into that sort of thing.

Personally, I've actually been playing less since 100 since I don't have to worry about gear or skills or experience anymore (tries to find stuff to do).

Good point.

Take someone with a great job, allowing him/her to put however he/she wants in game.. Once That person has full R9 + 10 and lvl 101+.. What's left to farm for ??

"Well I can rush nirvana in 5 mins now"

Yah, well, to make money faster to buy what ?

Some people get bored and want more stuff to do at high level..Well sorry, there IS as much to do at end level then in between. If some people took shortcuts to get to end game faster then others and they get bored..it's their problem..

"I" see the game liek a book, a big suspence book.. Although here there's no surprise gut wrenching ending to be had. I like to take the time to read the pages.. not take a 500 pages book and start reading it at page 498..

Meanwhile, some of us still hover 1 hour + over platform trying to find a bh59/69 squad and that is sad.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Options

I don't think it's so much that BH is power leveling - it's just that many people remember having to level before BH's were introduced into the game. The exp you get running even just one quick BH 89 in your 90's would have take hours of grinding / zhenning back then. There's no doubt it's far easier to level now than it was in those days before BH was introduced.

The main difference between BH and buying heads in FC is that on BHs you are functioning in a squad, learning not only your skills but also the skills of the other classes in your squad - assuming people are actually trying, not just following along for the easy exp.

I miss zhen squads b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Agree with all of the above. On a side note, there is a shortage of clerics, levels 40-70 on my server recently. Good example right there.

Not everyone that power levels doesn't know how to play, some of them actually take the time to do their cultis when needed and learn how to use each skill in different situations. If you've played before, which a lot of people that power level have, you can learn how to use your class near perfectly by just doing your spirit cultivation..... I power leveled a sin, did NOTHING but FC to 101 and guess what? I know how to play it! I ended up using him to farm out a few +5 and 6 refines and +10 daggers... I ended up being able to PvP effectively with him and was beating other sins with better refines (back when I had +6 daggers). I know PvP with a sin isn't a huge accomplishment, but that's my highest level power leveled character so.. yeah =P Anyway... stop complaining about power leveling. ALL of you. Each person has their own way of leveling, as long as you know how to play your class I don't give a **** about how you got where you are. If I run with someone that doesn't know how to play I simply don't run with them again or I kick them, all there is to it.

If you had a main before you made another character, of course you would know how to play it. During the time you level a main character to the high level you are now, you gather information from other players of different classes. In doing this you actually learn how to play the class right, even if you have power leveled it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options

I miss zhen squads b:cry

b:shocked

Someone actually knows what Zhenning is all about ?

And not talking about Zenning..witch is a whole different process...

Guess most people forgot the "h" somewhere b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:shocked

Someone actually knows what Zhenning is all about ?

And not talking about Zenning..witch is a whole different process...

Guess most people forgot the "h" somewhere b:chuckle

You're talking to someone who went from 60-90ish by doing zhen squads, justice envoys, wanted orders, OMAs, and farming World Chat for random FBs b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Zhen aoes and bubble was so pretty for...4-5 hrs straight. I missed doing mindless zhens =/
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You're talking to someone who went from 60-90ish by doing zhen squads, justice envoys, wanted orders, OMAs, and farming World Chat for random FBs b:thanks

I like ur style, as that is what I'm pretty much doing myself.

Now if someone like you has done all that and THEN decides to level another char and wants to powerlevel it, gains much more my respect then a total newcomer to the game that just goes to 100 in a week. And then ends up not even knowing where to get a justice or even a one man army..Or like that cleric that came to help on bh69 today...lvl 81 didn't even how to wine a dungeon...or even where to get wine...
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I read it as "I can't afford FC Big Room so I will QQ since I can't power level." Those quests that you so fondly speak of are dull and dead. The majority of those who do power level are those with mains and don't want to do all those long boring quests all over again. Oh also... sigh the whole "they don't learn their class" ****? Yeah not hard to learn a class when you play on it for a little.
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok, so everyone has stated good points and bad points, whatever works for you then go for it, so to speak b:surrender. What I'm wondering is what can someone do to get a little high level help so that they can finish a few quests? Clearly spending endless amounts of teles isn't working for most of us, and hanging around the boss does you no good either, any suggestions? b:beg
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Join a faction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok, so everyone has stated good points and bad points, whatever works for you then go for it, so to speak b:surrender. What I'm wondering is what can someone do to get a little high level help so that they can finish a few quests? Clearly spending endless amounts of teles isn't working for most of us, and hanging around the boss does you no good either, any suggestions? b:beg

Sadly i'm not on Sanc, else I would say "pm me". I like to help and have chars for almost any situations. I'm one of those mostly taking time off from everything to just roam over platform to see who could need a hand. And if i'm on my barb and they need a cleric, I just om thme "keep spot opened, i'll log mine"

Hope u have better luck to find help soon...
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I read it as "I can't afford FC Big Room so I will QQ since I can't power level."

I can afford it believe me, I just refuse to pay for something that is actually completely free, if you have the right squad to help. The only cost to each player should only be the cost of repairs after the run. Since most barbs and sins (and probably now seekers) take the most damage in these runs, then lets just say that they are the ones that pay DOUBLE what everyone else would usually pay. I'm fairly certain that the coin drops in these runs don't make up for the 400k+ that they are willing to pay for the exp points.

If you're thinking that I have never done any FCC runs, then you are very mistaken. I have made quite a few runs with past faction members (first time in was lvl 50 and everyone survived), learned a lot from them too. I just think it insane to pay for something that you can get for free, it really doesn't make sense to me.
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ..Or like that cleric that came to help on bh69 today...lvl 81 didn't even how to wine a dungeon...or even where to get wine...

I've met one of those too, lvl 83 cleric that got lost in bh59!!! I shoulda just left squad right then and there lol.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can afford it believe me, I just refuse to pay for something that is actually completely free, if you have the right squad to help. The only cost to each player should only be the cost of repairs after the run. Since most barbs and sins (and probably now seekers) take the most damage in these runs, then lets just say that they are the ones that pay DOUBLE what everyone else would usually pay. I'm fairly certain that the coin drops in these runs don't make up for the 400k+ that they are willing to pay for the exp points.

If you're thinking that I have never done any FCC runs, then you are very mistaken. I have made quite a few runs with past faction members (first time in was lvl 50 and everyone survived), learned a lot from them too. I just think it insane to pay for something that you can get for free, it really doesn't make sense to me.

My solution: Don't pay for it and stop making useless threads like this. People pay what they want to pay for. Barbs and seekers do pay for the runs just like anyone else would and repairs for 1 big room is not that much. Yes I have a barb and yes I have bought big room. I never thought you haven't done any Frost runs, what I'm saying is if people want to power level they can, who are YOU to say that what they are doing is not beneficial to anyone. It is just not beneficial to you which is why you made this thread. If you like questing so much, go do it. No one is stopping you. If you wanted easy quests and an easy way to enjoy the game, go buy Frost Big Room. If you honestly enjoy all the quests you are doing, go do them yourself and enjoy the challenge of soloing that it gives.