Frustrated with Power Levelers!!!!

Comments

• Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The problem with exploiting the opportunity to power level was never made clearer to me than just the other day. I was randomly buffing people and helping low-levels at Broken Low Buff with the mini-bosses Char and Yan when a sin who was questing there pm'ed me for help to kill Char. So I invited him and discovered that he was a level 73 sin. Not only did he still have his level 20 quests but he was asking for help with them...he did not know if he could solo Char. 0.o

Ya, new people really, really need to stay away from power leveling so that they can learn the game and their character's abilities.

I don't begrudge people for choosing to take advantage of the opportunities presented to them, rather, it is a matter of some people making unfortunate choices coupled with bad game design.

I also wholeheartedly agree that hypers, oracles, and opportunistic instances have really hurt the game and its community. The game was never more fun than back in 2008 when the map was filled with players all questing, making random squads, farming, ks'ing, and engaged in random pvp at all levels. Oh well, those days are over :(
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The problem with exploiting the opportunity to power level was never made clearer to me than just the other day. I was randomly buffing people and helping low-levels at Broken Low Buff with the mini-bosses Char and Yan when a sin who was questing there pm'ed me for help to kill Char. So I invited him and discovered that he was a level 73 sin. Not only did he still have his level 20 quests but he was asking for help with them...he did not know if he could solo Char. 0.o

Ya, new people really, really need to stay away from power leveling so that they can learn the game and their character's abilities.

I don't begrudge people for choosing to take advantage of the opportunities presented to them, rather, it is a matter of some people making unfortunate choices coupled with bad game design.

I also wholeheartedly agree that hypers, oracles, and opportunistic instances have really hurt the game and its community. The game was never more fun than back in 2008 when the map was filled with players all questing, making random squads, farming, ks'ing, and engaged in random pvp at all levels. Oh well, those days are over :(
    I know this will be just pointless repetition for those few who actually bother reading my posts, but the best time to play any F2P MMO is early in it's late OBT/early RC phase, when content is at it's highest concentration as far as development/balancing is concerned, and so is a very broad attention to detail. Once they have the infrastructure in place they just start pumping out cash shop **** and especially in the PW case where they evidently lost their original developers, it's just a matter of trying to profit as much as one can with whatever a crappy product they have.

I generally don't begrudge new players who get powerleveled (hell, they're my profit too!), however, I can certainly share the frustrations others have, and the blame rightfully is on PW for allowing this sort of content circumvention to occur.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1) There are no new players

2) Zhen teaches you nothing except how either stand around for hours or how to run like a headless chicken. Especially when dungeons have you doing the exact opposite for the most part.

3) What's wrong with asking a higher level to help with your quest? Mobs are easy in this game, there's no difference who you pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1) There are no new players

Quite wrong there. I run into new players almost everyday and have got quite a few in my faction.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Is OP so mad that you could say she is "fisten" all the power levelers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Dear OP,

Join the club.

I understand your frustration, because sometimes I feel it, too, but I'd be a hypocrite if I complained about power-leveling; I used oracles for my alt. But to complain about power-levelers and state over-proudly such things like, "I didn't even use oracles...I just did quests...I'm better because of it...etc" just makes people sound like jerks. It makes people sound like some snobby little hipster talking about music; "I've listened to this band when they were still underground...I didn't jump on the band-wagon...etc".

While jumping up a few levels is lovely, I also think people need to take the time to read their skills and learn what they do and when/when not to use them. Example: I was in a BH squad with another veno who kept using Amplify Damage immediately after I did or Purging right after I did. When I explained to her that doing that doesn't help, it just overwrites my curse and messes up squad efficiency, she then says "Okay...I will use Soul Degeneration after your Amp". It was quite a sad situation.

Most of all, just do your own thing and have fun. Most frustration stems from jealousy anyway.
  • Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary
    Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I think people without power leveling ARE better player because they are exposed to PW and it's quests/stories. Less people are reading the stories behind the quests, they just want the exp. they're not "playing" the game, they're just hasting through the whole game to be a high gamer. and at least they don't know who's lola the explorer or something like that.
    Someone who's doing just oracles till the end of time is not an PWI player in my opinion. It's like someone who would cheat and have endless lifes or so <__<
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    whats with all the hate towards power lvlers? i love them they give me moneh!!! 4mil an hour.... how can you hate them :(
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Because you are indirectly(meaning it's not 100% your fault) breeding high level noobs into nirvana and TW.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    QQmoarpls

It's not like you have to team with them.
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Because you are indirectly(meaning it's not 100% your fault) breeding high level noobs into nirvana and TW.

oooo right, funny that i plvled my seeker and he was always wanted to run in parties again.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Opposed to what, the high lvl noobs before powerleveing became prominentl? Big deal.

There's plenty of logical outrage to be made toward plvling but it has nothing to do with noobs. It has to do with the fact that it's pointless playing a game for very long when you are essentially beckoned to skip most of the content the game has to offer.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Some of us, including you, have done it all though.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't gripe about power levellers, but I do agree it is a sad thing to see so many. I, for one, enjoy playing the game the way it was meant to be played. I have loads of alts but they all do their quests to level. Because of the lack of people these days, most of the alts don't get BHs anymore, so it is back to how my main levelled before BHs were in the game: grinding, questing, Wanteds if I have them, CS if below level 81, world quest if I am playing on my other account rather than catshopping. The only alt I have that is levelling quickly is one on another account, because my main can run her through BHs every day. I didn't make her all that long ago and she is 71 already... if that is "slow" for people, I find that very sad.

Mostly, it disappoints me when I do join BHs and every time now, they are fail squads due to somebody not knowing their class. Clerics that don't know about purify drove my barb out of doing BH69. On one run, a level 89 cleric asked if she should BB at Pole. I probably should have quit the squad right then. And it was also sad recently when a friend of mine (who spends his days hypering FF) asked how to get into OHT. He is 95. To just skip every quest.... what is the game even about to those people? FF to 100 and then what? I play alts because of the lack of endgame content. What do all these people want?

I honestly believe there should be a level minimum on FF of 75, when you get the quests. Hyper to 100 after that all you want, but at least most people would have learned their classes better, and have done more BHs to learn squad dynamics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would be bored out of my mind if I power leveled. Questing gives you rep you don't have to buy and let's you meet all the other people who know how to play the game at your level. Save the game from the noob legions, do questsb:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I am one of those weirdos who like to read the text on quests. When I joined PW I read like 10 levels worth of quests and stopped. Seriously, the quests in this game suck. I've never seen a game with quests as lame as PW's, from the perspective of someone who enjoys reading quests and flavor text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't gripe about power levellers, but I do agree it is a sad thing to see so many. I, for one, enjoy playing the game the way it was meant to be played. I have loads of alts but they all do their quests to level.

I would argue that there isn't really one single way that they game is "meant to be played". Sure, in the beginning, questing and grinding may have been all their was, but that is typical of games when they are first released. The devs don't want people to get to end game quickly upon release, else they may find themselves bored and stop playing. As games grow older, though, things are generally instituted to speed up the leveling process. This is to help new players catch up to older ones, so they don't feel like it will take them forever to be able to catch up.

This isn't something specific to this game or company. Blizzard and Square-Enix have also both done the same thing. Prior to expansion releases for World of Somecraft, Blizzard typically lowers the amount of experience needed to level up. Before WoTLK they lowered the 60-70 experience requirement, and during WoTLK they released things called heirloom items. These items could be equipped at level 1, and the stats increased as the person leveled up, along with each giving a 10% experience bonus (for a max of 20% bonus).

Square-Enix's game, FFXI, used to have a very long leveling process. It was very difficult to get past level 10 without a party of 6 people all within two levels of each other, and leveling essentially involved sitting in one spot grinding mobs for hours on end. Literally, hours on end. If you didn't have at least 2 hours to party there was no point in joining a group. In addition, once a player reached 50 they would have to do "limit break" quests, which were impossible to solo. There were limit break quests every 5 levels past 50. Then once the player reached level 70, they would have to win a solo fight against the limit break quest giver. It was a really long process for a new player, particularly if they didn't start the game already having high level friends. At that point the level cap was 75, and it usually took months to get a job from 1 to 75. But last year, SE began to raise the level cap along with the introduction of zones called Abyssea, which allows for exp gains at insanely high rates. The cap in that game is now 90, and a person can literally get a job from 1 to 90 in like two days (provided it isn't a new character needing limit breaks).

So my point is basically that while yes, at one point questing and grinding was the way the game was "meant" to be played, that isn't necessarily any longer the case. If PWE really wanted questing and grinding to be how the game was played, I doubt they would have ever introduced hypers/oracles/FC as an exp instance into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Anyone else notice the wall-o-texters are all from PvE servers? Just sayin..
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Anyone else notice the wall-o-texters are all from PvE servers? Just sayin..

Anyone else notice that most idiots are from pvp servers? Just sayin.. (I meant that as a joke, I'm not being serious b:laugh)

What PWE wanted doesn't matter, its about the devs. I'm pretty sure everyone knows the original devs are long gone. They were the ones that were about making a good, fun game for people to play that was not cash shop dependent.

The new devs only care about money and how fast they can get it. If it can't make them incredibly rich almost instantly, they won't do it. They do not care how unbalanced the game gets, they do not care how many people quit the game. They do not care about long term. They only care about getting as much cash as they can in the shortest time possible. Any GOOD developer would never let this happen.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Power leveling is good, why on earth I would want to do all quests I did on my 1st character (<
    this 1)

the quests are too damn boring, kill a certain amount of mobs, report, go find another npc,

then find something else, then kill again mobs, it`s too repetitive. I would never go through

all that tiresome activity ever again, but I hate people who power level who just started

playing, have seen many power leveled noobs who don`t even know the squad basics,

example, in FCC Seeker gathers all mobs, runs into bb, cleric dies. You cannot avoid these

people, but if you ever encounter some of them just write their names down or BL to never

squad with them again.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ms OP, you are about a year (more or less) late with this thread...
    It WON'T get any better...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Power leveling is good! Why on earth I would want to do all quests I did on my 1st character (<
    this 1)? The quests are too damn boring, kill a certain amount of mobs, report, go find another npc, then find something else, then kill again mobs, it`s too repetitive. I would never go through all that tiresome activity ever again, but I hate people who power level who just started playing, have seen many power leveled noobs who don`t even know the squad basics. For example, in FCC Seeker gathers all mobs, runs into bb, cleric dies. You cannot avoid these people, but if you ever encounter some of them just write their names down or BL to never squad with them again.

Holy double-space'ed-ness, it hurts the eyes! b:cry

*fixes*

Seriously...please avoid doing this.... makes every line seem like a new phrase, when it really isn't.b:shutup

And in response to your spiel about how you wouldn't want to do those quests a second time...think of all of those who joined long before Tideborn... they did those quests many, many times if they wanted to level more than one character. Just saying...
  • Tiduswarrior - Heavens Tear
    Tiduswarrior - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Know what i hate the most when it comes to this issue of power lvlers. I think its an open and shut case. you power lvl between lvl 80-100. anything and or anyone below that lvl shouldnt be in FC at all otherwise your going to be telling beginners that they should plvl only to get to the top in a few days or less. Whatever happened to the high lvls helping the low lvls. Did they just suddenly become selfish bout their own quests and stuff or did they just not want to do the low lvl quests cause of how much its boring. Who cares if its boring doing the same quests with each class, you learn each class and skills as you lvl. All ppl care bout now is gettin money so they can get the best gear and do every instance in a snap. If you high lvl players want to do plvling services. do it or make it when the lower lvls are at the required lvl for them to do the runs. not when they are just starting out just to make a mess of their class and not know the basics of squad protocol. take for example: if ya have a cleric, two sins, bm, tank and either a wizard, archer, seeker, mystic or veno, the cleric always heals the squad, the tank agros the bosses and holds them there, the sins control their high crit dmg or they'll take agro from the tank. same goes for wizards and archers. seekers and mystics debuff the boss and the mystic buffs the cleric and possibly the tank with auto rez. you wine the bh instance and ya come to two mobs in the path soon after you start. if ya can get passed em thts fine, if they are close together. one sin takes the left the other sin takes the right, the bm then stuns both if he/she can. the tank will probably take one or the other and or both. the cleric heals whoever needs it, and the rest of the squad follows to kill the two mobs. The thing is, knw your classes limits and abilities. plvling only makes ppl think they can do everything on their own without knowing their limits and abilities. so the advice is to do plvling services at high lvls not for the beginners and low lvls. high lvls can afford it better than low lvls less they have a high lvl class already. plvling brings out the worst in a class tht someone may not knw anything bout regardless of the info they get from other players. So guys, just plain shut up and go back to the drawing board. plvling shouldnt of come into pwi existance anyway, so quit complaining and telling ppl tht they are stupid or brainless bout the flaws with power lvling. its caused more problems from the beginning than anything and id like to say that i agree with those tht say that plvling has caused a problem with running bhs. most ppl are more interested in fast lvling than doing lvling the right way which is doing daily quests thats how you can make better friends than those tht are such snobs for fast lvling to the top within a couple of days. For those tht read this Ty. Those that will complain bout this post, i'll tell ya this. SHUT UP AND GO TAKE A HIKE!!
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Know what i hate the most when it comes to this issue of power lvlers? I think its an open and shut case. You power lvl between lvl 80-100... Anything and or anyone below that lvl shouldnt be in FC at all, otherwise you're going to be telling beginners that they should P-lvl only to get to the top in a few days or less.

Whatever happened to the high lvls helping the low lvls? Did they just suddenly become selfish about their own quests and stuff, or did they just not want to do the low lvl quests because of how boring they are? Who cares if it's boring doing the same quests with each class, you learn each class and its skills as you lvl. All ppl care about now is getting money so they can get the best gear and do every instance in a snap. If you high lvl players want to do plvling services, do it (or make it) when the lower lvls are at the required lvl for them to do the runs, not when they are just starting out so that they make a mess of their class and do not know the basics of squad protocol.

Take for example: If you have a cleric, two sins, a bm, a tank and either a wizard, archer, seeker, mystic or veno, the cleric always heals the squad, the tank agros the bosses and holds them there, and the sins control their high crit dmg or they'll take agro from the tank. The same goes for wizards and archers. Seekers and mystics debuff the boss and the mystic buffs the cleric and possibly the tank with auto rez.

Another example: You wine the BH instance and you come to two mobs in the path soon after you start. If you can get past them that's fine. However, if they are close together, one sin takes the left the other sin takes the right; the bm then stuns both if he/she can. The tank will probably take one or the other, or even both. The cleric heals whoever needs it, and the rest of the squad follows to kill the two mobs.

The thing is, know your classes limits and abilities. P-lvling only makes people think they can do everything on their own without knowing their limits and abilities. My advice is to do P-lvling services at high lvls, not for the beginners and low lvls. High lvls can afford it better than low lvls, unless they have a high lvl class already. P-lvling brings out the worst in a class that someone may not know anything about, regardless of the info they get from other players.

So guys, just plain shut up and go back to the drawing board. P-lvling shouldn't have come into PWI's existence anyway, so quit complaining and telling people that they are stupid or brainless about the flaws with power lvling. It has caused more problems from the beginning than anything, and I'd like to say that I agree with those that say that P-lvling has caused a problem with running BHs. Most people are more interested in fast lvling than lvling the right way, which is doing daily quests. That's how you can make better friends than those that are such snobs for fast lvling to the top within a couple of days.

For those that read this thank you. Those that will complain bout this post, I'll tell you this. SHUT UP AND GO TAKE A HIKE!!

Sorry, not going to make this a habit, but that wall of text was painful for me to read. I figured this way more people would read this.

b:surrender
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, take my case into account then:

My first ever character was a Blademaster on the Archosaur server. I got him to lvl 60, doing the quests and stuff, as this was last summer, before rep was in the boutique and people sold FC heads. Then, last November, I switched to Raging Tide. I made this veno as an alt for money making and tt farming purposes, but I ended up getting into the class, and here I am with a lvl 91 veno alt, and my BM main was long forgotten at lvl 11. This veno I also lvled legit, doing the quests. Once I hit 79, I started to get FC squads(rarely) and then once I hit 85 I had a little more luck.

I have now begun working on my Blademaster. Now, I really doing want to do some of those quests again that I did on my old BM. So, I got him to lvl 21, finishing ALL of the beginner area quests and 19 culti. Afterward, I WALKED from Etherblade to 1K Streams, then North to Snowy Village, and bought 2 runs of Heads. Zoom to lvl 39. Since those two FC spots, I have busied myself doing the quests I actually liked/didn't mind, as well as my missed culti. My BM is now lvl 41. As soon as I finish catching up on culti, and complete all of the quests I actually will do a second time, I will buy heads again, and repeat, until my BM is back to lvl 60, the same lvl as my first one from Archosaur. This means that I will likely stop buying heads a few lvls under 60, but oh well. Once he hits that point, I will be lvling completely without buying heads, as I should.

Now, those against powerleveling in FC, answer me this: am I wrong, and fail, for plvling a BM to 60 or a few lvls under, after having done so the hard way on a previous BM on a different server? Will I not know how to play a lvl 60 BM because I plvled him, even though I lvled one legit to lvl 60 on a previous server?
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    Fisten - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Is OP so mad that you could say she is "fisten" all the power levelers?

ha ha ha, it's not like i haven't heard em all before. Fisten is Elvish for spinner of light. I thought it fitting since my cleric is an elf with glowing heals. thanks for the new joke :)
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    QQmoarpls

It's not like you have to team with them.

everyone teams with them at one point or another. they run out of coin for buying into FCC and have to actually do their quests, but choose to do bh's. there have been several examples posted here of power leveled noobs that go into the caves with absolutely no experience in them at all. I for one have had a brand new player to PWI spend every minute in the game trying to power level in the caves still wearing lvl2 armor and using crappy weapons. they don't want to listen to those of us that do the quests, they just want to be a high level so they can pk. it really is a very sad situation.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    @OP:

My first toon was cleric, did all his quests, yes I did FF from 85 to 100, why? because it is tedious that you can't actually find a frigging squad to do your normal quests, yes I have friends that helped me complete them :) so don't go all "you are not a solo class".

I actually enjoyed doing all those Frosts why? because I went with my friends the ones that leveled with me all the way to 100 ^ -^.

Now, don't rage at the people who buy heads or plvl, because this existed even before, with oracles, anyone? - yes they were hated too, but who cares.

Anyway, why people rush to 100? - low level can be fun for a while, but once you need 2389479834783974723947 exp for 1% (note the exageration here...) it gets tedious and you end with no quests to do and the only resource to level up is:

a) Grinding the hell outa the day - which may end on you getting broke because mobs don't really give you that much of a profit to make it reliable... (which I do not have time for)

b) Oracles (Which is very expensive)

c) Frost runs (which can get tedious but if done with fun people it can be enjoyed)

d) Power level (which can be expensive)

e) BH/WQ/Crazy Stone (which is hell expensive and end up drolling on your keyboard from the waiting - specially the crazy stone...)

f) Power level with BH 100s Brain Orbs - which give you around 660k EXP per orb - just in case you didn't know that. This is one good way to level up your alts if you have them in the same account, to which if you want this method YOU NEED to buy an account stash which comes from gold which comes from real money$. / I have leveled my Veno with this method to 79, and I can say I can solo my FBs, quests, and pretty much any instance ;] fail? - call fail a veno who has leveled the old way and doesn't know what pulling means - kty.

Those are your options :) people that have done all that before will NOT want to do everything ALL OVER AGAIN, like me.

I don't power level my alts, but I would if I could afford it - well I can since I do nirvana a lot, but gear is also expensive if you want even to be taken into account and not be in a fail faction with fail people that do fail things such as - lets take 2 squads to fight in TW with 3* gear :D - yay! -... IJS.

Like seriously ^^ not pointing fingers or w/e so don't rage, if you want to stay on the back and heal all the time, do it, you can take my spot any time as healer in BHs 100 - if you even survive 1 hit... :] get me now? ^^ thats why people charge, thats why people plvl, thats why people rush.

In the end, the endgame level as of now is 105, but later they may raise the level cap to 150, which is the known max level in other versions. There will be people who will rush to 150 (as if it could be done lol... like if 105 takes forever to do 150 would be 50 years without rest of leveling xD) but theres things for everyone, there's people who "enjoy" standing and chatting with friends, there's people that leech from others, there's people that don't know what they're doing, there's people that don't know their jobs even if they did their quests, and some others that are great at their job and power leveled all the way to 105. So, don't say they / we don't know the game because I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of 100s that know the game better than you ^^ ~
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Fisten - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    know What I Hate The Most When It Comes To This Issue Of Power Lvlers. I Think Its An Open And Shut Case. You Power Lvl Between Lvl 80-100. Anything And Or Anyone Below That Lvl Shouldnt Be In Fc At All Otherwise Your Going To Be Telling Beginners That They Should Plvl Only To Get To The Top In A Few Days Or Less. Whatever Happened To The High Lvls Helping The Low Lvls. Did They Just Suddenly Become Selfish Bout Their Own Quests And Stuff Or Did They Just Not Want To Do The Low Lvl Quests Cause Of How Much Its Boring. Who Cares If Its Boring Doing The Same Quests With Each Class, You Learn Each Class And Skills As You Lvl. All Ppl Care Bout Now Is Gettin Money So They Can Get The Best Gear And Do Every Instance In A Snap. If You High Lvl Players Want To Do Plvling Services. Do It Or Make It When The Lower Lvls Are At The Required Lvl For Them To Do The Runs. Not When They Are Just Starting Out Just To Make A Mess Of Their Class And Not Know The Basics Of Squad Protocol. Take For Example: If Ya Have A Cleric, Two Sins, Bm, Tank And Either A Wizard, Archer, Seeker, Mystic Or Veno, The Cleric Always Heals The Squad, The Tank Agros The Bosses And Holds Them There, The Sins Control Their High Crit Dmg Or They'll Take Agro From The Tank. Same Goes For Wizards And Archers. Seekers And Mystics Debuff The Boss And The Mystic Buffs The Cleric And Possibly The Tank With Auto Rez. You Wine The Bh Instance And Ya Come To Two Mobs In The Path Soon After You Start. If Ya Can Get Passed Em Thts Fine, If They Are Close Together. One Sin Takes The Left The Other Sin Takes The Right, The Bm Then Stuns Both If He/she Can. The Tank Will Probably Take One Or The Other And Or Both. The Cleric Heals Whoever Needs It, And The Rest Of The Squad Follows To Kill The Two Mobs. The Thing Is, Knw Your Classes Limits And Abilities. Plvling Only Makes Ppl Think They Can Do Everything On Their Own Without Knowing Their Limits And Abilities. So The Advice Is To Do Plvling Services At High Lvls Not For The Beginners And Low Lvls. High Lvls Can Afford It Better Than Low Lvls Less They Have A High Lvl Class Already. Plvling Brings Out The Worst In A Class Tht Someone May Not Knw Anything Bout Regardless Of The Info They Get From Other Players. So Guys, Just Plain Shut Up And Go Back To The Drawing Board. Plvling Shouldnt Of Come Into Pwi Existance Anyway, So Quit Complaining And Telling Ppl Tht They Are Stupid Or Brainless Bout The Flaws With Power Lvling. Its Caused More Problems From The Beginning Than Anything And Id Like To Say That I Agree With Those Tht Say That Plvling Has Caused A Problem With Running Bhs. Most Ppl Are More Interested In Fast Lvling Than Doing Lvling The Right Way Which Is Doing Daily Quests Thats How You Can Make Better Friends Than Those Tht Are Such Snobs For Fast Lvling To The Top Within A Couple Of Days. For Those Tht Read This Ty. Those That Will Complain Bout This Post, I'll Tell Ya This. Shut Up And Go Take A Hike!!

Totally Agree!!
  • xposed1
    xposed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In my time playing this game since the opening of the official version I can say the journey has definitely been a lot more fun than reaching the destination.

All those hours grinding in party were a lot more fun than any frost party I did on my alts.