Sin damage issue

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I thought Psys would beat sins at R9 endgame super refines too... then I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCHz6BXK2I

Sins still has too much of a massive damage index.
    He didnt even need to stealth, and still won significant majority.

Wow, remind me again who's stupid Idea it was to let assassins have zerk? :s
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    now im starting to wonder if you have even pked, or are you 1 of them people who just jump on the band wagon and hates sins because others do, yes there OP but after 2 years who gives a **** anymore, just learn to play with them instead of against them.

You just -had- to respond in the quote. I'm not going to quote it because iPhone's a pain to multi-window.

T-Screen. Yes, I do actually know the active pk'ers, especially the hostile ones. West gate itself isn't usually packed with more than 5-10 blue names. Are you saying you don't know who you attack? Or is it because your face is too busy at work on the keyboard?

BM. Like I said, it's near impossible for someone to land -right- at te exact spot from the air, like sins do from stealth. Have you tried it? It's difficult to cannonball even with the person being in squad with you.

Not even sure what else you typed.

About me PK'ing, I suppose you failed to read my initial post. Why bother responding if you don't bother reading? You can admit that sins are OP, but can say at the same time to get over it? LOL. Pro logic is pro. If something is unbalanced, people will say something about it. The fact alone that people haven't gotten over sins after two years says something don't you think? People used to say seekers were OP in PvP when they first came around. Look now.

Now I'm wondering if you post to just pump your e-peens, or if you actually have anything substantial to add.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    agreed that psychics still take a reasonable understanding of the class to play well, but the same is true of sins against any decent players. a f2p (or near f2p) sin can destroy lots of average players; that much is true. but those average players whining about sins being OP should not be representative of a valid metagame opinion as to whether sins are, in fact, OP. it takes a skilled sin to kill another skilled endgame player. more on this in the rest of my post:

It doesn't take a skilled sin to kill other skilled players. Don't try to delude yourself by claiming so. A skilled sin would be almost unbeatable 1v1, but it takes a borderline **** sin who knows how to occult ice, and knows how to spark, to beat a decently refined player. Especially if that player is a Mage class.

any class has the luxury of waiting for you to be vulnerable. how many large-scale pvp hotspot fights are "ruined" by a mage or a psychic dropping an instant-channel aoe? how about WRs running in for a stunlock after they see you burn domain? it's true that stealth makes it slightly more difficult to see it coming, so to speak, but the fact of the matter is that you should always be prepared for attacks at your most vulnerable. if you step out of safe zone at a pk hotspot, assume there's a player waiting at the edge of SZ who's going to pop out at any moment to try for a hiero bypass when you're debuffed or out of genie energy.

Yes, it's true that any Class can attack you when you've engaged another player. And you can agree that stealth by far out-matches that. Fact of the matter is, you can see a BM (use international terms please, you're no longer on the MY server) running towards you. You have prep time. You don't have that with sins.

being able to stealth out of a fight is a nice benefit, i agree, but it doesn't make sins OP in the "kill everything" sense; a fight they have to stealth from is a fight effectively lost. it's little different from popping a pk potion long enough to run back to safe zone on any other class. just because they can occasionally elude death doesn't mean they can faceroll on the keyboard and kill anything as you seem to be claiming.

The very fact that they can elude death adds to how they can faceroll. When you finally manage to tank and get the chance to get a shot in, they have deaden nerves on, or tidal protection kicks in. What then? Force stealth of course. Wait for all their cooldowns to finish and try again. If not that, just tele stun, slash slash, occult ice, spark, aps aps aps. Point still stands: sin pk requires minimal to no skill. An "effective loss" just doesn't cut it.

that's an excellent way for sins to stalemate or lose against any decent player. at best against a decently refined player who has a clue what they're doing (see above), going the aps route is going to burn a little genie energy while you tank it, forcing them to stealth as soon as their initial stun ends - if, of course, they foolishly "don't do control locks any more" as you claim. at worst, it'll get them killed when their target Badges out of stun and control locks them long enough to knock off deaden nerves and go for a hiero bypass.

The former is the case majority of the time. But on the rare occasion that the sin knows wtf he's doing, even stun locks boil down to aps in the end. Occult > spark > auto attack =/= skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You just -had- to respond in the quote. I'm not going to quote it because iPhone's a pain to multi-window.

T-Screen. Yes, I do actually know the active pk'ers, especially the hostile ones. West gate itself isn't usually packed with more than 5-10 blue names. Are you saying you don't know who you attack? Or is it because your face is too busy at work on the keyboard?

only 5-10 people on your server but come to HT alot more are out there than that

BM. Like I said, it's near impossible for someone to land -right- at te exact spot from the air, like sins do from stealth. Have you tried it? It's difficult to cannonball even with the person being in squad with you.

Hit the 'follow'in mid air and your go right by them. yes i have tried it for the fun of it and yes it does work, you might not be able to do it dosnt mean others cant.

Not even sure what else you typed.

About me PK'ing, I suppose you failed to read my initial post. Why bother responding if you don't bother reading? You can admit that sins are OP, but can say at the same time to get over it? LOL. Pro logic is pro. If something is unbalanced, people will say something about it. The fact alone that people haven't gotten over sins after two years says something don't you think? People used to say seekers were OP in PvP when they first came around. Look now.

you proved my point. 2 years and still nothing has been done, get over it already...

Now I'm wondering if you post to just pump your e-peens, or if you actually have anything substantial to add.

go do some pvp before commenting again please...
    edited July 2011
    go do some pvp before commenting again please...

You -insist- to reply in quotes. Not going to even bother addressing your frail attempts at justifying your class.

I PK regularly, and I know what I'm talking about. Go grow a brain, take some debate courses, and learn to read before commenting again please... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    You -insist- to reply in quotes. Not going to even bother addressing your frail attempts at justifying your class.

I PK regularly, and I know what I'm talking about. Go grow a brain, take some debate courses, and learn to read before commenting again please... b:bye

is that fail talk for 'O-**** hes got me and i have nothing else to say' b:chuckle
  • HH - Harshlands
    HH - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can attest to the T-Screen. NegativeReaction, you're an idiot. Tell me, how can a +10 1st cast sin kill a full +10 robe class w/ full defense and some JoSD with 2spark aps before they can even REACT. Literally 2 seconds worth of damage? BMs don't give me too much trouble, except for the exceptional ones (Almon, Calvin) because I CAN SEE THEM COMING. I can kite, I can react, I can fortify, I can anticipate when they will stun and when they will attack. Stealth by itself is a HUGE advantage. Add in the HIGHEST DPS in the ENTIRE game (without zerk), a 50% chance to avoid any type of control, deaden nerves, teleport, AND ON TOP OF THAT ZERK?!

You should probably be admitted to a psych ward if you honestly believe sins are not 1500% overpowered. Psychics are too, but they're getting face time after a LOT of people have quit. Besides that, they can be purged, reliably, so really they're as susceptible as anyone else.
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I can attest to the T-Screen. NegativeReaction, you're an idiot. Tell me, how can a +10 1st cast sin kill a full +10 robe class w/ full defense and some JoSD with 2spark aps before they can even REACT. Literally 2 seconds worth of damage? BMs don't give me too much trouble, except for the exceptional ones (Almon, Calvin) because I CAN SEE THEM COMING. I can kite, I can react, I can fortify, I can anticipate when they will stun and when they will attack. Stealth by itself is a HUGE advantage. Add in the HIGHEST DPS in the ENTIRE game (without zerk), a 50% chance to avoid any type of control, deaden nerves, teleport, AND ON TOP OF THAT ZERK?!

You should probably be admitted to a psych ward if you honestly believe sins are not 1500% overpowered. Psychics are too, but they're getting face time after a LOT of people have quit. Besides that, they can be purged, reliably, so really they're as susceptible as anyone else.

i didnt say sins arent over powered.... learn2read i said other classes can do the same as sins just not as good. b:bye
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psychics are too, but they're getting face time after a LOT of people have quit. Besides that, they can be purged, reliably, so really they're as susceptible as anyone else.

You're kidding, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • HH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    You're kidding, right?

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the 12k Pdef 8k Mdef 17k HP sin. What's that Purge? SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE TIDAL PROTECTION :trollface:
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the 12k Pdef 8k Mdef 17k HP sin. What's that Purge? SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE TIDAL PROTECTION :trollface:

o and psychics buffs can be purged... since when new update ? b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    is that fail talk for 'O-**** hes got me and i have nothing else to say' b:chuckle

It really isn't, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

This is a discussion on how imbalanced sins are. You agree, but then tell us to **** and live with it? Gtfo and stop reading then. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You do know purge gets rid of all buffs so tidal protection will gone if a veno purges a sin, and also Psychic buffs can't be purged....just to let you know... b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    To a earlier point in this thread about a BM triple sparking in air and dropping down....

I'm sorry, but if I triple spark in the air, i'm gonna nail cloud erupt, drop down and hit heaven's flame followed by AoE's until I'm dead.

Take into account i'm using a r8 +4 2 perfect garnet sharded axe...so my damage under triple spark is well over 30k on the high end with low end being 10k. Add HF to double dmg dealt and the fact I can spam click and get my two axe path AoE skills off with little effort, yeah anything in range will be dead. If it isn't dead i'll still have triple spark up to hit cloud sprint run to them and kill them with a last second aoe.
  • HH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    o and psychics buffs can be purged... since when new update ? b:chuckle

Psychic buffs are largely irrelevant when you can burst them down with either physical or magical damage. The best (and only way, really) to shard full R9 end game is JoSD, and if a psy is full +11-12 R9 w/ 70+ defense level, he will be REALLY hard to kill due to the imbalance from them not only gaining HP but also soulforce for improving their gear, but that doesn't change the fact that they will go from 10k pdef 16k mdef 14k HP to 4k/12k/10-11khp with 1 purge. This will always work (unless they immune, of course) Sins, that luxury is only a 50% (or 34%...) chance.
    You do know purge gets rid of all buffs so tidal protection will gone if a veno purges a sin, and also Psychic buffs can't be purged....just to let you know... b:sweat

If a sin has Tidal Protection on and it procs it's 50% while you purge, he will retain ALL of his buffs (EP, BM, WB). But if it DOESN'T proc, he will LOSE all of those buffs EXCEPT Tidal Protection (which is stupid in itself). So you're going to wait 25 or 30 seconds to do it again? Too bad, you're either dead, or he's invisible.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011

If a sin has Tidal Protection on and it procs it's 50% while you purge, he will retain ALL of his buffs (EP, BM, WB). But if it DOESN'T proc, he will LOSE all of those buffs EXCEPT Tidal Protection (which is stupid in itself). So you're going to wait 25 or 30 seconds to do it again? Too bad, you're either dead, or he's invisible.

Tidal Protection has a 50% chance to avoid any negative status effects..... so it only avoids debuffs like stuns/freezes/amps/etc... purge on the other hand is not a debuff its just a skill that gets rid of all positive buffs like Tidal Protection, BP, all of the cleric buffs, barb buffs, etc... so I have no idea of what you are talking about Tidal Protection avoiding purge... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Tidal Protection has a 50% chance to avoid any negative status effects..... so it only avoids debuffs like stuns/freezes/amps/etc... purge on the other hand is not a debuff its just a skill that gets rid of all positive buffs like Tidal Protection, BP, all of the cleric buffs, barb buffs, etc... so I have no idea of what you are talking about Tidal Protection avoiding purge... lol

Spoken like someone who has never attempted to purge a sin.
    Tidal protection can indeed block purge. Even if the purge is 'successful' most sin buffs are unpurgeable (blood paint is the only exception that comes to mind).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011

they be right, we can stop purge with Tidal.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Seriously people, are we still arguing that stealth is OP?
    Look, stealth is something I've come to accept. If sins are ever to be nerfed, it wont come in the form of a stealth nerf, that much I'm certain of.

But let's address the other things that truly make sins OP, because getting the first hit isn't it.

Tidal Protection- makes stunning/purging sins so hard it's not even worth trying.
    Focused Mind- screws dph classes like wizards. Nothing sucks worse than a BIDS hitting 1.
    Deaden Nerves- you finally beat the sin, and he just regains 20% hp. Makes charm bypassing impossible.
    Teleports- both are OP tbh. Telestun is **** OP, other one just slightly. They completely destroy any chance for casters to kite, especially since the teleport range is equal or greater than the casters range.
    Daggers- they hit hard as ****, not much else to say. Chill of the deep even makes sins a dph class with those OP daggers.

So if the devs would please nerf 1 or 2 of those 5 OP things, PWI would be happy b:pleased
  • Clinch_ - Sanctuary
    Clinch_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Believe the starting point of this ridiculously hijacked thread was the fact that a sin can kill someone because the game is "broken" in some form in that a sin can hit you multiple times before the un-stealth takes effect.

That should be fixed, perhaps. And it's unlikely lag induced. 100 ping, you can't even get off 1 hit without me seeing it, 4-5?! No chance brom. If you runnin round with 2k ping don't go pk mode, lawlz, sin doesn't even need stealth for you to go "WTF?!" about being hit 1 million times before you can quick draw your blink.

To be a hypocrite.
    I don't really think it would be nessicary to take away all sins skills or even part of them to make them less OP. But some percentages maybe should be adjusted.
    I'm sure people could live with a 20% dodge chance.

Also, their crit is already absolutely ridiculous since they're all dex based (as a dex baised dps build should be) why not make their dags str based in damage or dex effect them less.

People should be purgable, I don't even agree with invoke not being purgable. I'd gladly lose my invoke if sins and psys lost theirs when they got purged.
    The tital protection VS purge though, should dodge. Evade effect of incoming skill. However if it hits, see ya, bye!
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Believe the starting point of this ridiculously hijacked thread was the fact that a sin can kill someone because the game is "broken" in some form in that a sin can hit you multiple times before the un-stealth takes effect.

That should be fixed, perhaps. And it's unlikely lag induced. 100 ping, you can't even get off 1 hit without me seeing it, 4-5?! No chance brom. If you runnin round with 2k ping don't go pk mode, lawlz, sin doesn't even need stealth for you to go "WTF?!" about being hit 1 million times before you can quick draw your blink.

To be a hypocrite.
    I don't really think it would be nessicary to take away all sins skills or even part of them to make them less OP. But some percentages maybe should be adjusted.
    I'm sure people could live with a 20% dodge chance.

Also, their crit is already absolutely ridiculous since they're all dex based (as a dex baised dps build should be) why not make their dags str based in damage or dex effect them less.

People should be purgable, I don't even agree with invoke not being purgable. I'd gladly lose my invoke if sins and psys lost theirs when they got purged.
    The tital protection VS purge though, should dodge. Evade effect of incoming skill. However if it hits, see ya, bye!

differance is that the sin buffs dont take 2 sparks like invoke and they last longer...
    hell no am I losing 20 seconds of 90% damage reduction that loses me half my chi, just cos pwi tards dont know how to fix sin op-ness.
    I kinda wish tidal used 2 sparks lol, and dead nerves.

Another priotity sin issue is their cooldowns, the sleep/immobile skills have too much of a short cooldown, allowing them to almost infinitely chain them with the odd stun and occult.

but yeah at west gate I get under 500ping, and 2 seconds is all it takes for them to 2 spark wind-shield R9 3.33 hit me from stealth 7-8times ticking me before I can see them.

Note: sins shud not be able to 2 spark and stay stealthed, they should get knocked out of stealth 1 sparking and 2 sparking just like when they demon spark.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Wow, remind me again who's stupid Idea it was to let assassins have zerk? :s

well if zerk wasnt bad enough... zerk crits are just overkill, see the 25k at the end?

lol GG to people with the R9 psy is gna pwn sins when +12 r9 plan teehee.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well if zerk wasnt bad enough... zerk crits are just overkill, see the 25k at the end?

lol GG to people with the R9 psy is gna pwn sins when +12 r9 plan teehee.

Then again, what other procs could you give them?

Any of the seals/stuns would be overpowering with high APS. Similarly, purge would be horribly overpowering. Then there's what, Frenzied Rage? Not happening, too powerful. Any of the buffs that increase the attack power wouldn't work, neither would the seals/stuns or the purge. That leaves you with... on wait, there's none. Well, except the procs that don't have advanced versions, like Holy or Faith.

Then again, Faith, being a +50% to equipment value of defenses, would kinda make Assassins super-tanks in PvE with high APS. Holy, on the other hand, being a purify, would make them immune to some of the more dangerous bosses in the game.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    they should give casters some type of effect, kinda bs every weapon type in the game has some type of added special effect like zerk, purge, etc except all of the end game magic weapons.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I am facerolling my keyboard in approval of this thread !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Then again, what other procs could you give them?

Any of the seals/stuns would be overpowering with high APS. Similarly, purge would be horribly overpowering. Then there's what, Frenzied Rage? Not happening, too powerful. Any of the buffs that increase the attack power wouldn't work, neither would the seals/stuns or the purge. That leaves you with... on wait, there's none. Well, except the procs that don't have advanced versions, like Holy or Faith.

Then again, Faith, being a +50% to equipment value of defenses, would kinda make Assassins super-tanks in PvE with high APS. Holy, on the other hand, being a purify, would make them immune to some of the more dangerous bosses in the game.

Er no proc for sins, they already have like godamn 70% crit rates, its unnecessary to give them quadruple damage with a weapon that hits 4 attacks per second, or any proc, they have so many self buffs that cant be purged giving them more is a joke.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Er no proc for sins, they already have like godamn 70% crit rates, its unnecessary to give them quadruple damage with a weapon that hits 4 attacks per second, or any proc, they have so many self buffs that cant be purged giving them more is a joke.

^ THISx infinity

I think being able to increase critical damage with buffs, evasion, accuracy, chi, and critical hit rate more than any other class will ever be able to breath word of is enough.

Hell their skill adds are crazy enough as is, they don't even need demon/sage adds.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    ^ THISx infinity

I think being able to increase critical damage with buffs, evasion, accuracy, chi, and critical hit rate more than any other class will ever be able to breath word of is enough.

Hell their skill adds are crazy enough as is, they don't even need demon/sage adds.

Lol could you imagine if they gave them some sin-only genie skills?

I can imagine it now:

"Infalock: 75% chance for every auto-attack to stun for 10 seconds, +1% chance for every 2 str points"

rofl.

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Lissan - Dreamweaver
    Lissan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2011

With demon wolf emblem on it's above quadruple damage, nearly quintuple sitting at 4.8x damage. Scary stuff.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    I was standing in human form at west, a group of people all died with no attacking us, no damage tracked, we all were like... huh?

A few seconds later I see 19500 crit poppup on my screen, but still not on my damage log.

my hp is 19337 hp human form lol, An R9 sin can 1 shot people from stealth without you knowing they were there, or even seeing them re-stealth...

/sigh

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-