Options
2»

Comments

• Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Agreed...

Grinding should be more worth it because it involves people playing the game. A game where people play and interact a lot feels more alive. A lot of times I place myself in catshop and talk to other people in catshop...PWI has become a graphically intensive chat client. That's what "game is dead" would mean to me.

You see all the richly-geared people bragging about how they can farm 2m per hour minimum? That's real funny because that's just a bit more than 1 gold.

Back when gold was cheaper my archer could grind that too...at lvl 80. Game has become harder and harder for people who play in the sense that they have to level up and gear up more to get what they had before. The average player should be able to sit down and play and not feel hopeless.

:D I agree. But i am still a grinder no matter what they say. Till its physically impossible, like removing xD the coin.!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mkey - Momaganon
    Mkey - Momaganon Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pwe wants to get as much $$$ as they can till they have a ''high'' player base
    all newbs who dont cs are lost so the majority are veterans
    opening german and french server was only a hope to drain new $$$ from these 2 countries
    some poeple will say its not dead or dying but look at tw: what the #### is this? pvp sucks in this game, economy sucks in this game, no new contests
    oh wait for i forgot the cs global content for how many players?50?
    coins and economy are ***** by csers and merchants
    all the updates and other **** they bring to the game makes making coins without cs harder and harder
    there is a big drop in player base which is camouflaged which multi clienting
    and to the big letter question who is killin the game?
    greed of the people = pwe+ community
    i dont mention unbalanced classes and bugs
    gtg to special fc at 3rd boss
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This game (and the company) like going to a Chinese Takeout, and seeing the nice pictures of all the food they make on the wall, and ordering something from the menu. While you know it's not going to be like it is on the picture, you're expecting something at least similar to it. The atmosphere is nice, presentable, and the entire place is very clean. You're starting to like this Takeout place! The waitress seems friendly and attentive (Frankie), and gets you what you ask when you ask for it. You wait for a while, patiently, while your food is being prepared.
    When the food is finally delivers (IE: You hit a certain level) the food is finally served to you, and it actually looks really good. You start eating it, and you enjoy the flavor and blah blah blah.

And suddenly in the middle of your meal, you realize that your food is bland, and you go to inform your waitress. Unfortunately, your waitress no longer gives a flying ***, ignores your request, and blames everything going wrong with your once perfectly nice meal on the different gaming culture-- I mean...the chef...
    And the waitress does absolutely nothing about the chef's horrible cooking methods. The manager of the Takeout doesn't speak a lick of English, and he already has your money, so he couldn't care less about your issues. You also notice that one of the workers is emptying the Customer Feedback box in the garbage.

Then you realize that the food you're eating is getting cold, so you ask for the chef to reheat it. Instead of Chicken Pao Ming however, you get fish, which only makes it worse, because you're allergic. Instead of remaking that fish dinner, the chef says absolutely nothing, and tries giving you a fortune cookie with glitter on it, which he thinks will make the situation better.

But hey, you're a patient person! You ask for an ice cream cone to help the swelling that your throat is suffering from. The chef then feeds you sour cream in a waffle cone. (*cough* Genesis *cough*)

Don't ask me why people still go to the takeout place. They just do. Some people like cold chinese food.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The game is screwed up from the source up. When you look at the game on private servers they have new, not recycled, bosses for some instances and events. They are able to build homes ingame. They have so much that PWI doesnt.

When you ask for new stuff here you dont even get a lame excuse, they cant be bothered. If they gave a damn about the player base there would be an input forum that got responses or a realtime chat once a week with devs and gms. But no, enough keep pumping cash into packs and rank sales to keep the wheels greased so they dont have to care.

Personally, Im done paying for the game. Ive spent my last rl cash to be ignored. I stick around to play with friends and faction. The gear I have now isnt the best but it's good enough for the **** 100+ play this game offers.

As I said in another thread, less people are starting this game and actually playing the lower levels. Your level one this morning and level 50 when you quit for the evening. They get to 100 in a week or two then find out what a waste of time it was even doing that. Theres nothing worth doing from there on. They may get a lot of new sign ups but they arent going to keep them long.
  • Labamba - Lost City
    Labamba - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cryular wrote: »
    I want people's opinion on this..

To be honest right now pwi economy sucks.. really everything is so expensive. And what I noticed, may contribute to this chaotic economy, is that there is hardly any new players..

Where is all the level 1-70!!! jesus... Low level places is empty as hell*actually maybe hell is more pack wiht souls"! there USED to be pack with low level contributing to the economy but now mats price sky rocket and no one there to farm them...

so is pwi dead? only remaining of those high levels? b:surrender

way i see it:
    pwi is like real life in the sense taht we're inflating and eventually were gonna drop to a depression. lol pwi is deff dead as far as ne one new wanting to play. kuz all the high levels dont want to tell their friends to play.. kuz really, whats the point. once they hit thirty they wont be able to go ne where kuz of the prices and the pk's. PWI WILL DIE AND BE FORGOTTON.. garantee
    new, not recycled, bosses for some instances and events. They are able to build homes ingame. They have so much that PWI doesnt.Personally, Im done paying for the game.

Ive spent my last rl cash to be ignored. I stick around to play with friends and faction. The gear I have now isnt the best but it's good enough for the **** 100+ play this game offers.

They get to 100 in a week or two then find out what a waste of time it was

1: you can make ur own homes in pwi? that sounds fun :p im gonna have to check that out :O

2: i'm about to spend my last 30 wasted bucks in this game. then if i feel like ihave to spend more to get what i need... *** it... i'd rather quit gamea nd join a better one.

3: lol frost became all i knew xD i get on game and either work on gearing up my char's or leveling them in frost, or other ppl in frost.. ITS REDICULOUS what happened to the good old fashioned way of leveling? where being 80 meant SOMETHING GREAT.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like to see this kind of threads.

But it isn't producing anything, is it ? From all I read, you guys are just basically showing nostalgia of what PWI used to be. That's too easy, in my opinion...

Contrary to what you think, we can make things change, and as I said in a previous "this game is dead" post, no company is up to counter the common effort to make things change.
    If we would just give up on whining and get our brains to work this sht out, it would make this game more enjoyable to play for everyone.

The economy of PWI is broken, I agree. But who broke it ?
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dead in the literal sense, No. In fact its probably growing. I see a lot of newer people coming and playing.

Dead in the figurative sense, Yes. PWI as it is now is an empty shell of a glorious game. Now while PWI was a whole lot of grinding before and the idea of BH's(though they should really be their lvl i.e. BH39 gets people 39-48 and so on) and Fc as an exp instance are a great way to ease the higher lvl grinding, they went to far and made this game into a permanent "beginners mode".
    There's no challenge to getting to "endgame"
    PvP against post TB expansion classes is a joke
    A wrecked economy due to packs/rep/chips
    That is why IMO this game is dead. But i do believe with some better business practices this game could very well come back to life and be even more glorious than it was before before it came out.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:laugh Nice one Paramedic !
    I didn't see where I fit though.... I'd say I'm a "Hopefull Nerd", although I disagree with the term "nerd". I'd say "geek" instead of "nerd", cuz a nerd isn't always a nerd because of MMOs or other video game.

As I said previously, and to stress my point, a game is dead if WE (the people in the game) let it die.
    PWI is the awesomest MMO, technically speaking (although I hate the recycle they do with bosses). The only thing that other MMO have is a better community management (WoW for exemple).

Don't you guys want to "rez" PWI ? b:question

• doodoobrown
    doodoobrown Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    coins and economy are ***** by csers and merchants

funny, cause the other 99% of the population in this game other than me and you think its the GMs who are messing it up

yea they introduced reputation into the cash shop thats when gold skyrocketed, but to say that it was the GMs who messed up the economy is the funniest thing Ive heard all day, last i checked it wasnt the GMs that day that saw the insane demand for gold and raised gold up 2x the price it was the day before...nope it was the the merchants that deal in gold trading...

its not the GMs that are taking pack items and doubling their price, its the merchants, you see it everyday, in world chat the buying this and that for what was a normal price, then u see it in their catshop hours/days later double the price

and why shouldnt they, they just trying to get paid, LIKE PWI

but the very people who say PWI is killing the game are the same ones robbing their fellow man out of his wallet
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Perfect world seems to be a damn good game, because people still plays it despite beign slapped in the face from the staff many times, but all this constant sales are just going to kill it eventually.

There are fewer new players and they last playing less time, the players that seems to remain are the old ones that grow old with the game, but those are also starting to leave.

Unfair gameplay that favors cashhoppers too much, unbalanced classes with assassins beign extremely overpowered and arcanes beign hard and expensive also ridiculed as dders for the best instances in the game, broken mechanics that are nerver balanced like -interval/APS, bugs that are never fixed etc etc etc.

Lets face it PW is going to die at some point, and PWE staff knows it, so they are making new games at PW expenses, and tring to get people to move there b4 the ship sinks, until that happens they are going to bleed the gaming community with as many sales as they can, and with as little effort as they can get away with, so don expect new content, dont expect any fixes, dont expect any balance, just expect sales, sales and more sales until its all over. b:bye
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    New players leave faster than beore because now you plvl till 100-105 in a matter of a month or 2.

After getting to 105 what is there left to do? I feel sorry for all those players, really... they missed the whole game content and they quit cause... yep, right "there's no new content"

Now go on... the people who think plvling is good... keep selling heads and go on goon squads all you like.... but don't come complaining when the game trully dies. After all you killed it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hurr durr merchants making gold and item prices high it's their fault. No moron. No merchants would want to lose money, so they're not going to raise prices if no one is willing to buy at a higher price. Freaking common sense. How stupid can people get seriously.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hurr durr merchants making gold and item prices high it's their fault. No moron. No merchants would want to lose money, so they're not going to raise prices if no one is willing to buy at a higher price. Freaking common sense. How stupid can people get seriously.

A cat shop in west is trying to merchant orbs at a 1k turnover effectivly killing the market

I'd say people merchants included are that dumb
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @ Quilue :

There are merchants and gold traders.

Gold traders buy normal rate gold and resell them for a higher price "because it's sales time".
    Those contribute to make the gold prices so high.
    Other merchants just buy gold with their coins to sell items. Eventually, the fashion does the job for them and allow them to make lots of money, creating a large demand of the items, therefore creating a large demand on gold because they need more stock to sell. Supply < demand = price raise.
    Basic economy.

It's not them deciding "hey I want to put high Gold prices even if nobody buys it !". It's just how it works. Merchants are not evil, they're just trying to make money. That doesn't mean they don't impact the game by doing so.
    Daedallus wrote:
    After getting to 105 what is there left to do? I feel sorry for all those players, really... they missed the whole game content and they quit cause... yep, right "there's no new content"
    Agreed. I feel sorry for them too....
    We can't blame pwlvl for everything though... It keeps old players playing the game. For exemple I got bored of my main for a while, but having a lot of lowbies alts and not wanting to start all the stupid basic quests all over again, I quitted PWI for a while. Then I came back and found the pwlvl fashion that made you level like crazy. Now I have stronger alts I have lots of fun with and when I get bored of one, i switch to another and have some more fun. It made me learn many different classes and I'm thankful for it.
    That's what it's all about : fun.

I still think we can save the ship from sinking.

• brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The outfit that runs this mess, one day discovered cash shop icebergs. A cash shop iceberg is a cash shopper that looks just like any other, a single player on a single toon. What most of us don't see it the huge massive amount of cash this person pumps into the system each week just to feed their pixel based epeen jones. We are talking about people who don't blink an eye at buying Hercs outright (well, after buying 80-120 battle packs in one sitting), people who casually pay whatever it takes to get their alt of the day from 1 to 100 via FC heads in a day or two. People who spend more monthly on fashion pigments than many people do for thier montlly power bill.

All it takes is a handful of such icebergs to keep this **** shoot running for years.
    Who knows what the iceberg to regular player rate is? How many new players have to be recruited to find one iceberg? Judging from the companies actions, they can afford to leave the real new player signup rate low.

They found a recipe that makes money and doesn't really require much of a player base.

But.... guess what I'm still here. Why? if I am not one of those icebergs? So far I have not found an MMO that does not suffer from the same or similar issues. If it's now cash shopping, then it's the time rich lording over the time poor. The second I find another MMO what offers team based fun instead player vs player dog eat dog economy, I will be out of here.

The whole PVP system that rewards a tiny portion of the population at the pyramid top while the 98% below them eat dirt has no appeal to me. Even more so when getting into the top 1% is done primarily with gear and not skill.

I think I have earned my right to spout off here, I have spent way more than an WOW subscription here in the last 3 months for mostly practical things that are by no means uber ( mount, decent weapon, inventory expansion, a simple fashion outfit etc.).

What had died and is totally buried is the PW described in most of the in game help where people actually played levels 1-80 rather then FC'ing to the 100's in a flash. It is virtually impossible to find anyone at the first few FB dungeons.
    This contributes to more new players leaving when they discover the disconnect between what the tin says and what the reality is. What is left is some weird monster that thrives on icebergs and short attention span gamers reared on console game play (which boils down to 'how fast can you beat the game').

Just imagine the income for hyperstones by itself. Newbs buy them up by the ton, hit endgame and leave, leaving behind a huge pile of money in the companies hands. No need for support, content development, or any other 'expenses'. Yes the PC based MMORPG that was PW is dead, replaced by this cash shopping Beat the Game console frankenstien.
    Just some guy
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So I saw this post and was very sadfaced indeed... then I read through the first page and these made some sense:
    thumbs wrote: »
    ^^ In addition; new servers are still coming out. -Something PWI wouldn't be investing in if the game were dead or even dying. Income potential for even the low levels and the much lower cost of equips on old servers has more than compensated for any so called economy issues.

If the game was dead, we wouldn't have all these pissed off players on the forums. PWI pisses off it's customers; it doesn't mean the game is dead. -Their consumer relations is dead.

Like I say in everyone of these "the game is dead" post, every game has these typical defeatist post. Some have had post like these pop up weekely on their forums for 10 + years, but they still pump out content, and recieve money to this day.

I personally love PW, played it with latency ping +500 when it was only on MY servers, came over here and have continued to enjoy PW's beautiful world & fun (I guess that's the right word) community. I took two years off and since I've been back for about 2 weeks now I find that I still love it.

Yeah it's changed a lot; yeah my HH70 stuff was refined nice because 1* D.orbs were like 10k and nobody on the servers had more than 5-10mil coins lol; but now PWI has rank8 (8jun if you remember) and rank9s! You gotta be happy with that, those milestones used to be virtually unreachable. PWI isn't dead, like any business, it has a customer base made up of both transient and dedicated/loyal gamers (plus it seems hella easy to level now compared to when you had to spam wc for zhen squads & FBs).

/2cents

b:bye
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @ brazenbusboy :

That's right, comrade ! How does PW dare to make money ?! It's all capitalist sht !
    Have you seen comrade St@line arround ? Need to talk to him about the total unfairness of the capitalist system. And while i'm at it, i'll give a call to M@rx to see what he thinks about the class struggle in the game.

Seriously.... You go to work in the morning and work for glory ?
    Enough with the "this game is a capitalist sht". There is NO game that is free with no mean to make money income. Isn't that strange ? I'd suggest you buy a server and let us all play for free ! b:victory

I see people seeking egality everywhere, but it doesn't exist and it never did. Egality was just a concept brought by a bunch of people that wanted to take the power by using the credulity of poor people that weren't rich enough to get an education back then.
    R9 kick your *** ? Too bad for you, you weren't skilled enough. But gear doesn't make everything. I've seen regular squads owning R9 squads on TW, so there it is.
    It's like if I said "OMG this is so unfair, 3* armors sharded with average shards killed the game ! The game lost its balance !"

In this game or IRL, egality never existed and will never exist. Just deal with it and don't come QQing about how unfair life is.
    Me too, I wish we could live in a world where we could pay in candies. *rolls eyes*

/"pissed" mode turned off.

• Tyrion - Morai
    Tyrion - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    dying like a f.. :(
    Hear me roar!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    dying like a f.. :(
    This looks like a NECRO!

Tyrion - Morai replied to a message that was 2 years 5 months 28 days 3 hours old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Answer: 2013 saw a rise in new players b:victory

Closing Thread.
This discussion has been closed.