Regenesis - Dreamweaver - The Fourth Server Champion!

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So Gm's didnt restart timer after spawning the real Harpy? Im confused. Someone has the complete run down, someone who was actually in the squad, about what happened at Harpy?

I think what happened is they used the apoth for harpy's purge at 30% and then GMs noticed it was an Increased Life harpy... so they stopped, and respawned another harpy. Within the time of cooling down apoth (frankie said they had it down below 50% in a minute) they reached harpy's purge at 30% unprepared.... :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think what happened is they used the apoth for harpy's purge at 30% and then GMs noticed it was an Increased Life harpy... so they stopped, and respawned another harpy. Within the time of cooling down apoth (frankie said they had it down below 50% in a minute) they reached harpy's purge at 30% unprepared.... :/

read the last post ... took then around 2.5mins to hit the 30-50% mark , apo should be ready lol
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Round 4 (Boss Fight): Regenesis vs Harpy Wraith

Though their likely-crazy Barbarian jumped into the fray before the starting gun, Regenesis found their stride and got off to a blistering pace against the feared Harpy Wraith. Unfortunately, it was then noticed that the Harpy spawned was of the "Increased Life" variety, and thus the fight had to be stopped and re-done with the correct neutral version of the Harpy.

Once again Regenesis got off to a torrid pace, bringing the Harpy Wraith down to 50% health within about 1 minute, putting them on pace to shatter the current 1st place time. But it was not to be - once the Harpy hit about 15%, the squad wiped, and the GM's were left to pick up the pieces..

Grats and thank you to all the teams who participated! Next battle: Harshlands

In red... second go-around... that is what I am going off of... unless someone has actual times- then I think no one is "right"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lark ... apoc CD is 2 minutes i believe.if it takes 2.5mins to get to 50% (20% away from purging) apo should be ready and they should know purge is coming ... so please dont blame it on the apoc cm'on be forealz ... besides i saw Regen/Booty wipe 4 times at harpy LOL so this isnt the 1st time.

Last week I went to try and solo got it down 5m couldn't so i got a cleric/bm/barb and we 4 man'd it b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Last week I went to try and solo got it down 5m couldn't so i got a cleric/bm/barb and we 4 man'd it b:bye

gratz :D
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @zero your thinking of the incr life harpy. The second harpy was at 50% in about 1min like frankie said.

But meh theres so much QQ so much drama so much sore losers. Better luck next time everyone. Gj Regens love you guys!b:kiss
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Rainbows
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    First off to those saying that people only know pve in FC, that is so not true, not even for regenesis... or even IT, I happen to know for a fact that both of these factions do pve, and they do a hell of a job at it. (Namely they both have done a few delta's with me a time or two... more from IT, but I have done it with regen members before.

Getting it down to 50% health in 1 minute is haxed, even if in large thanks to their weapons; etc, it still take a certain finesse to even begin fighting the harpy to that caliber, I assume the bm was all to happy to spark + do what many bms refuse to do nowadays... and that is to Heaven's flame/GS on the world boss. That is pretty epic for a 6 man squad to do, especially considering that it was a 6 man squad, some pve squad take multiple back up clerics to make sure something succeeds, which I assume wasn't allowed in this event.

While I wasn't there, and haven't ever fought the harpy wraith, that "50% in about a minute" just sounds like they should have, and could have easily shattered the record the other servers had. Mistakes are so easily made, so whatever happened... I am sure a faction like regenesis will learn from it.

Still they did great, and it was awesome hearing that they had one of the most avoided boss on server down by 50% in about a minute. =x

There will always be what if's when people fail, whether it was a wipe, or that they just couldn't beat the previous time of the other servers. Controversy for the loss!

Grats regenesis for winning the tourney, sucks to hear you all lost to harpy wraith. D:
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LOL at full squads getting wiped by good old Harpy. Pro players can solo/duo him so i dont even know what this is <_< Are these people not prepared with defense charms and stuff?

Should just send a version of Harpy Wraith to China, he is obviously more badass than most of the server "champions".

But i guess the problem is guilds picking teams that will be effective in PvP because YES the competition ends in a PVP-tournament in China. If the competition was about PVE and killing bosses fast and effective the teams would obviously look different and they would all zerg Harpy in a few minutes.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's pretty funny to see these OP squads wiping. Learn to use defense charms and AD at the 5m mark.

^ This

Heck...maybe it is just not knowing the boss and using frenzy (?) when it should not have been used? Cleric with too low pdef and not using plume shell or pdef charms? I have no idea but am shocked....

I was stationed on DW watching everything and was ok we on Sanc are out. Then in vent we were sitting there going the purge might get them and the poison/stun might as well if they are not careful.

There is ONE trick to Harpy besides the most obvious apot (which should not be used until purge imo) and def charms....What is it? Well....it instantly removes poison and has a cooldown time that does not affect any apo at all...Hmmmm....For those TW factions you can only get these pots IN the TW instance for a cheap price of 6k a pop....What is it? I will let you all figure it out b:shutupb:surrender

Harpy CAN be tricky if you have no clue on the boss but I am still in shock as to what happened with DW here and HT. Asty and I have solo'd this boss more then a few times, a full squad should have no issue b:embarrassb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    It's pretty funny to see these OP squads wiping. Learn to use defense charms and AD at the 5m mark.

Oh so I guess harpy has never killed you then...not once in your playing career? b:bye

It's a joke that anyone would sit here and say they don't understand how squads wipe on harpy. Especially ones with only 1 cleric.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• PinkPantiez - Archosaur
    PinkPantiez - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Slivaf, Harpy can't be HFed, EPed or any other sort of amp....
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ok i was there.. anyway

yes we had inf life harpy down to 14m from 30m when some of us wiped and gm's called it off..30 to 14 took about 2 min.

then we got called back in us who died, buffed up and 2 mins, then normal harpy. on this our sin died to purge at 4m hp. barb died idk some time after.. i died right after barb.. bm was there to 2,4m or something.. then died..
    cleric died shortly after.. then or wizzy died last. didnt go 2 min to 2,4m left.. slightly less.

yes we'r not knowing what harpy do really, well what it do.. but not when.
    Harpy is never up in DW, we've never fighted it. always the same ppl who kill harpy after maints.

so sure laugh.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Slivaf, Harpy can't be HFed, EPed or any other sort of amp....

OH :$ didn't know that never fought him, but most bosses that won't allow hf on them they do allow gs to be used on them... I want to go suicide commando and try it myself. (the gs not hf)

Thank you for the correction, though I still say so few bms nowadays use hf/gs on bosses. Pew pew spark boss dead ftl. ;S xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    ok i was there.. anyway

yes we had inf life harpy down to 14m from 30m when some of us wiped and gm's called it off..30 to 14 took about 2 min.

then we got called back in us who died, buffed up and 2 mins, then normal harpy. on this our sin died to purge at 4m hp. barb died idk some time after.. i died right after barb.. bm was there to 2,4m or something.. then died..
    cleric died shortly after.. then or wizzy died last. didnt go 2 min to 2,4m left.. slightly less.

yes we'r not knowing what harpy do really, well what it do.. but not when.
    Harpy is never up in DW, we've never fighted it. always the same ppl who kill harpy after maints.

so sure laugh.

No reason to laugh Harpy is honestly a worthless boss to do anyway. It's not needed for anything, and people are to used to FC bosses to honestly be surprised squads wipe on it. 97% of PWI has probably never even seen harpy let alone try it, so I wouldn't care what 97% of the posts say.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Oh so I guess harpy has never killed you then...not once in your playing career? b:bye

It's a joke that anyone would sit here and say they don't understand how squads wipe on harpy. Especially ones with only 1 cleric.

read post above you.
  • Zerked - Dreamweaver
    Zerked - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    half Of Me Wishes That Bootycamp Still Had A Territory At Qualifying - Then They Could Have Put Regen And Both Of Their Alt Guilds Into The Battle At The Same Time.

bootycamp Is Not Regen's Alt Faction!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Half of me wishes that BootyCamp still had a territory at qualifying - then they could have put Regen and BOTH of their alt guilds into the battle at the same time.

I have 2 alts in IT they don't know about so I guess IT is regen alt faction too. b:bye

PS no matter who we had the war with they all hate IT so IT was getting ganked no matter what. b:cute
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver
    Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i realy wish there GMs post videos about fights. just to see wath happening b:surrender
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have 2 alts in IT they don't know about so I guess IT is regen alt faction too. b:bye

That's adorable - you two are so cute b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Uhhhhh Harpy can be SOLO healed by a Cleric b:shutup

Asty and I duo it all the time....And no I do not have R9 and all that **** :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Niner - Dreamweaver
    Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    :3 isnt EQs alt Fact, they dont let anyone whos main is in a TW faction that is attacking :3 to let their alt join...

well im pretty sure i worded that extremely badly so heres something simple:

Main, in Dyna, Spades, or EQ,=no alts in :3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Uhhhhh Harpy can be SOLO healed by a Cleric b:shutup

I never said it couldn't. I know a few that can, but that doesn't mean it's as easier or easier then multiple clerics healing...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i was in TT during all that event listening to what they said on vent

Throck said something about switching to Jones Blessing and shortly after they died :o

ps: 5x TT3-1 runs and only one GBA - PVE hates Regen QQ
    i like potato
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    WTF another server champion team wipe to harpy??
    I imagine people are chosen for their gear and PVP ability for other parts of the event, instead of the ability to kill Harpy Wraith. She's pretty damn hard for people who don't know how to fight her, CS'ers or not.
  • //athan - Dreamweaver33
    //athan - Dreamweaver33 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    QQ more zero, cause xCurse wasnt here?

seems like ur so pro, but last time i saw u doing harpy, u had 2 clerics, so like u say : JAJAJAJAJAJA

and lol at ppl from LC : "oh we duo and we solo", go cash more? XD

b:bye
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    QQ more zero, cause xCurse wasnt here?

seems like ur so pro, but last time i saw u doing harpy, u had 2 clerics, so like u say : JAJAJAJAJAJA

and lol at ppl from LC : "oh we duo and we solo", go cash more? XD

b:bye

i m ashamed we have someone like you on DW...

They are. I m in Dyna and when Regen got ganked once by several factions, booty appeared only with 10+/- people to TW even tho we been pretty much equal on 1vs1 before. We knew we gonna win, cause all Regens alts been in TW against others.

and LOL at harpy wraith.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lark ... apoc CD is 2 minutes i believe.if it takes 2.5mins to get to 50% (20% away from purging) apo should be ready and they should know purge is coming ... so please dont blame it on the apoc cm'on be forealz ... besides i saw Regen/Booty wipe 4 times at harpy LOL so this isnt the 1st time.

When I said apoth had been unavailable I meant in the way of IT WAS ALREADY GONE. Not in cooldown, GONE completely. You can't use what you don't have....
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    When I said apoth had been unavailable I meant in the way of IT WAS ALREADY GONE. Not in cooldown, GONE completely. You can't use what you don't have....

and when you read other posts, the guy did admit that he and other members in squad didnt know how to kill Harpy, so they didnt know about purge and frenzy mode. So the apo argument is worthless, since they wouldnt have used any anyway.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    i m ashamed we have someone like you on DW...

They are. I m in Dyna and when Regen got ganked once by several factions, booty appeared only with 10+/- people to TW even tho we been pretty much equal on 1vs1 before. We knew we gonna win, cause all Regens alts been in TW against others.

and LOL at harpy wraith.

Alt Faction = a faction run maintained and lead by the same people as other said faction with their alts.

It was a good try though but you're not even close. b:cute

and when you read other posts, the guy did admit that he and other members in squad didnt know how to kill Harpy, so they didnt know about purge and frenzy mode. So the apo argument is worthless, since they wouldnt have used any anyway.

Uhhhh it's called being in vent with those of us that have done it, which included me.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary