2x Compensation for those not in PWIC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver
    Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why should we be compensated when they worked hard to be able to participate in the competition? QQ some moar!! not everything in this game will you be able to participate in. If you expect compensation on a free to play game your out of your mind especially when the factions that are participating worked hard to win the lands they own.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Adding a 2x event would just be superfluous, as there were no exclusions of players who did not either A) choose to be excluded (by not joining a faction capable of participation), B) have any chance of competing, or C) fail to submit a roster in time D) Mid day in the middle of the week

Added a D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The idea of compensation is ridiculous however, I DO want 2 x permanently as a balance.

More people might squad/zhen/quest etc as opposed to nothing but FC
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    omg.. Whats with these babies who demand to be 'compensated' with a 2x at every drop of the hat?
    It's ridiculous, grow up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mkey - Momaganon
    Mkey - Momaganon Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if you couldnt take part in it its your own fault
    you should charge more gear up and join tw faction and manage which buttons are good in pvp
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why should we be compensated when they worked hard to be able to participate in the competition? QQ some moar!! not everything in this game will you be able to participate in. If you expect compensation on a free to play game your out of your mind especially when the factions that are participating worked hard to win the lands they own.

I am in one of those tw factions and tbh I feel everyone who forms a 6 man squad with 1 alternate should be able to participate or maybe even just a 6 man squad with the same rules no certain amount of classes but i also feel it should be a set amount of gear that way it actually is a test of skill not a test of how skillfully you swipe your credit card. afterall the pwic is gonna be set gear and levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The idea of compensation is ridiculous however, I DO want 2 x permanently as a balance.

More people might squad/zhen/quest etc as opposed to nothing but FC

Wouldn't that actually encourage fewer people to do things outside of FC?b:surrender
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't that actually encourage fewer people to do things outside of FC?b:surrender

It'd encourage an even huger influx of level 105's if nothing more. :/
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

^ this it would cause the price of everything to permanently drop and cause people to be less willing to do runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ignore Deceptistar she is always like that when someone makes a thread about compensation. frankly i would like some sort of small thing for everyone in pwi to get something small nothing game breaking but maybe an all class pet or a mount or an aerocraft. b:chuckle

b:chuckle duly noted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else is aware, but August is drawing really close. 3rd year anniversary is at the end of August and they usually give 2x drop event during occasions like this, then on Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. There is one just around the corner :p

*hides to avoid QQers that are mad about not getting Anni Blessing and Anni Mount* you just had to go and say it didn't ya.
    ignore Deceptistar she is always like that when someone makes a thread about compensation. frankly i would like some sort of small thing for everyone in pwi to get something small nothing game breaking but maybe an all class pet or a mount or an aerocraft. b:chuckle

this ^^ **** 2x

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not that im not psyched about getting them this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not that im not psyched about getting them this year.

not me, i love me some free stuff. I'll stand in line for some free stuff doesn't matter what it is. I once stood in line 30 minutes for a free burrito. XD Whenever they have samples at stores, i'll try it. And I even used to go on this one website that gave out free samples and signed up for stuff. Had little bottles of shampoo and such coming to my house all the time. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Xwhisper - Dreamweaver
    Xwhisper - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why have 2x for compensation we could replace the game music with this instead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4

b:mischievous
    This is where a siggy should go. But it ran away. Okay. I lied. It's still here but it's a ninja siggy. You just can't see it. Stop raging. It gets embarrassed. Leave. Nao. Stop reading. Whatever. Meh. \o/
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options

...um since, on a general scale, no one does anyting besides bh and fc, how would it encourage LESS people to go outside fc?
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to do that also!! lol It was awesome getting free things in the mail that didn't pertain to paying a bill. lol
    not me, i love me some free stuff. I'll stand in line for some free stuff doesn't matter what it is. I once stood in line 30 minutes for a free burrito. XD Whenever they have samples at stores, i'll try it. And I even used to go on this one website that gave out free samples and signed up for stuff. Had little bottles of shampoo and such coming to my house all the time. XD
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...um since, on a general scale, no one does anyting besides bh and fc, how would it encourage LESS people to go outside fc?

I do.

Few days ago killed Ancient Lake Ao Armor, for example (it was very interesting to see those fish).

It is not for my Wizard, of course.

I never had been in FC.

Edit: Those who pay in "general scale" differ from those who play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to do that also!! lol It was awesome getting free things in the mail that didn't pertain to paying a bill. lol

b:coolb:cool Oh yeah, getting a little box in the mail and opening it up. Having something new and free. So fun, even if it's a little thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those who could participate in the tournament did use there visa to pay the game dev salary. A small trip over the planet is just a nice way to say ty. I sure hope if you winners talk to those dev, that you will bring the 10 pages of problem on this game ....

ijs you get what u pay for.... or do we ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I do.

Few days ago killed Ancient Lake Ao Armor, for example (it was very interesting to see those fish).

It is not for my Wizard, of course.

I never had been in FC.

Edit: Those who pay in "general scale" differ from those who play.

Now Im not having a go at you Magicsaber, but I see you are level 79. Up to that level I think levelling is easier because of two reasons - BH59 is easy and crazy stone is still affordable.

Now you are about to finish your BH59's right and again triple the price for your next CS. You wait and see how FEW people do BH69 compared to BH59 - why because NOB and POLE in 69 have debuffs that make them much harder than 59 and in 59 a cleric can bb, in 69 they cant.

I will be interested if the 'never been in FC' continues for you much longer. FYI, one decent run in FC will give you 50% of your current level (I got 40% for one run when I was 89) if you hyper correctly - and one set of 5 hypers will cost you about 400k and should last you at least 3 runs. If you only do FC heads, you will get 15 runs out of one set of hypers. Compare those costs to the many BH's you will have to do for the same xp %.....ijs....

Now also look at all the pms for WTS fc heads and all the pms for WTB fc heads from lower levels. Like you I actually quest alot, but everywhere I quest and grind Im by myself. I believe what I said - generally speaking, everyone is doing FC and no one grinds anymore.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Compensation for those who coudn't go ? Nah come on now..I think you are all asking too much (well except those thinking my way of course).

As it was said, they are some occasions for 2x everything

The whole "Fc glitch" hasn't been resolved now (as far as I know), do we really want 2x exp now and end up with a bunch of lvl 105's in a week flooding the forums with " End game stuff plz, End game stuff plz"

I know how end game stuff can get repetitive, but look where we lvl 90+ say..can go that others can't..

- Nirvana : Simple, u get keys at 100

- SoT and Abbadon : Probably no one would get invited there before lvl 89..why ?? They can't even go even if they wanted if their culti/fb is not done.

- Warsong : Don't think anyone would invite either a lvl 85 or less except if exceptionnal gear/team work

- Cube of fate : At 90, u start to get Pages of Fate

- Cube of fate extra rooms : At 95+ u get book credit cards to get pages of fate/old book pages even faster

- Delta : Opens at 85, but find me a non cs'ed squad of 85's (not one of them 1 lvl higher) that will succeed a full run.

- Lunar : Squad mode ? Once again..Try finding a squad of exactly the level u open it that won't have major charm ownage "if" they do succeed.

- FC : yeah i'll put it here too.. Take a full 6-75's squad and ask them to go kill Holeen for their quest.

- TT 3-x : Again required level to go there is high.

- Multiple events where high levels dominate low-mid ones.

I know it derailed off topic. But to have a 2x for nothing practiccly to multiply people whining there's nothing to do end-game when they can do all that ?

Yeah right...b:sad
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't feel the need to be compensated for an event I couldn't have hoped to join... but what the hell, give us 2x anyway! b:chuckleb:victory
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Now Im not having a go at you Magicsaber, but I see you are level 79. Up to that level I think levelling is easier because of two reasons - BH59 is easy and crazy stone is still affordable.

Now you are about to finish your BH59's right and again triple the price for your next CS. You wait and see how FEW people do BH69 compared to BH59 - why because NOB and POLE in 69 have debuffs that make them much harder than 59 and in 59 a cleric can bb, in 69 they cant.

I will be interested if the 'never been in FC' continues for you much longer. FYI, one decent run in FC will give you 50% of your current level (I got 40% for one run when I was 89) if you hyper correctly - and one set of 5 hypers will cost you about 400k and should last you at least 3 runs. If you only do FC heads, you will get 15 runs out of one set of hypers. Compare those costs to the many BH's you will have to do for the same xp %.....ijs....

Now also look at all the pms for WTS fc heads and all the pms for WTB fc heads from lower levels. Like you I actually quest alot, but everywhere I quest and grind Im by myself. I believe what I said - generally speaking, everyone is doing FC and no one grinds anymore.

You not know how long I am at level 79.

It is since period before previous 2x event (see
    ...my Wizard at 79 level yet ...
    ).

My Wizard has about ~6,300,000 points of spirit reserve (he has not skills that can be learned yet).

I play at levels where is possible to play without asking "LF ... " during hours.

In most cases solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    just FYI Magic, you aint alone, I stayed at 79 for 3 months doing continuous bh59 and built up spirit and coin for skills and gear....but, when you want to level things may change.....
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Logic ? b:surrender It still exist ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thats a slap in the face for those in tw facs who put the extra effort and time to organize and go their way to set up a tw so that their faction can successfully gain land.

I'm trying hard to understand what you said there. It's not working out very well for me...
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife