2x Compensation for those not in PWIC?

Options
FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Just an interesting proposal.

Who would like the idea for a 2x weekend for us 99% of the server population who could not participate in the PWIC?

Thoughts? Comments? In Favor? Against?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
"Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
Post edited by FateMakerr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Against, while I hope now that they got the tools that next years selection process (if there is a next year) will make more sense/they will start earlier so that more people can particpate. I think the selection process they did end up choosing doesn't entitle people who could never have participated anyway to compensation. Should low levels get compensation because they can't farm nirvy? Just because it wasn't for everyone doesn't mean we should get compensation. With things like this its inherent in the system that some people are going to be winners, some are gonna to try and lose, and some aren't going to get anything at all.

edit: I'm gonna bet that a lot of people say yes in a lame attempt to get the mods to turn on 2x because they want 2x not because we deserve compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thats a slap in the face for those in tw facs who put the extra effort and time to organize and go their way to set up a tw so that their faction can successfully gain land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Although your idea makes no sense, I would vote for 2x just cause I want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Although your idea makes no sense, I would vote for 2x just cause I want it.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This.

this guy has it right
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have nirvana keys, 2x drops would be nice.

I'm all for this :3
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think that a 2x event is the best idea at the moment. While there may have been some exclusions from this whole tournament event, they (the staff) were doing their best to weed down the high volume of players into a viable group for international competition. While you and others may not agree with their filtration methods, they have put together a pretty fair way of dealing with the situation.

Adding a 2x event would just be superfluous, as there were no exclusions of players who did not either A) choose to be excluded (by not joining a faction capable of participation), B) have any chance of competing, or C) fail to submit a roster in time.

Taking into mind the circumstances surrounding the whole event, I believe the PWI staff did the best job they could, and that there needs to be no compensation for those not involved.

Also, you do realize that 2x events include everybody? That would mean that even those players who participated would be able to get 2x.... seems a little counter-productive, hm?b:mischievous
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Compensation? What? I honestly can not decipher any logic in this motion.

And I don't want 2x anyway, got a ton of mats to sell since last and prices are finally stabilizing again.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Adding a 2x event would just be superfluous, as there were no exclusions of players who did not either A) choose to be excluded (by not joining a faction capable of participation), B) have any chance of competing, or C) fail to submit a roster in time.
    hurrah :O
    /clap
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2011
    Options

They really didn't annouce this in time enough for anyone to get such a faction together, and try to take a land if one of those factions didn't want to invite them. They really didn't give people enough time to join these factions. Most of them have applications and it takes time to join them. Besides, with such as small amount of factions per server, at best only a few hundred out of thousands could even possibly particpate. So they excluded plenty of people who did not choose to be excluded.Furthermore, of the 200 people in guilds that were selected and wanted to go, only 6 were able to particpate. I think in the future, they should begin holding tournaments earlier (if it's something that's going to be done again) and handle it the way China handled it. Most people wouldn't want to participate anyway because they know they can't win. The players knew about this a long time ago and the devs kinda dragged their feet to ensure that everything was perfect. They spent so much time perfecting the float, they missed most of the parade. I hope it's handled better in the future. But it sounds like China kinda screwed them on this too by not giving them all the tools they needed in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I want 2x drops just so I can finish off my 2nd recast pants for cheap. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i vote no.... just for S&G'Sb:pleased b:shutup
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No... no... seriously ? ... No ...

Pretty much what venus said in her first post. cant recall ALL of it ( just wok up an coffee hasn't kicked in yet x.x) .. just that it made sense to a T.

2x when Usa WINS this PWIC... now THAT is a whole different story.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Stupidest idea I have ever seen on these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Coincidentally, that's the stupidest input I've ever received on these forums b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Do you even go here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited July 2011
    Options
    holy **** load of excuses i seen in a good while...lets see....
    They really didn't annouce this in time enough for anyone to get such a faction together, and try to take a land if one of those factions didn't want to invite them.
    Im pretty sure the tourney was made for pple who have been putting some effort for a longer time. Not some overnight fac that was made for the purpose of the tourney.
    They really didn't give people enough time to join these factions. Most of them have applications and it takes time to join them.
    its not their fault they didnt put in an application in time. And i highly doubt a majority of the tw factions would have wanted leechers to join their fac just to have a chance to participate in the tourney over their more respected geared members. i know i wouldnt at least. Unless your fac is just so damn desperate its a wonder why they even own 1 land.
    Besides, with such as small amount of factions per server, at best only a few hundred out of thousands could even possibly particpate. So they excluded plenty of people who did not choose to be excluded.
    i dont think u probably comprehend such a hassle this probably is for pwi even now. The tourney has been present in other country PW versions for a couple of years already. There honestly is no reason pwi had to give this to us because we never had it for 3 years. A trinkle of pple ever mentioned the tourneys of the other PW's, we would have gone along fine with out lives if it never happened.
    Furthermore, of the 200 people in guilds that were selected and wanted to go, only 6 were able to particpate.
    i would think that respected land owning factions know that there is competition inside faction too. But more important, these pple are representing the faction, so whoever is sending them off hopefully better think of it as participating AS a faction. Because the pple who are picked, are supposedly the top (available) 6 of that fac. Stop being selfish and help root for them(your fac)
    I think in the future, they should begin holding tournaments earlier (if it's something that's going to be done again) and handle it the way China handled it.
    i agree with this one but again. The size of pw in china and US are just no comparison. In the US its just another mmorpg. In china, PW has models posing as mermaids specifically made and filmed for PW, commercials just for PW, and i think there were shopping center events held for PW. The US lacks in human resources and funds. Thats not something thats gonna magically appear.
    The players knew about this a long time ago and the devs kinda dragged their feet to ensure that everything was perfect. They spent so much time perfecting the float, they missed most of the parade.
    better than having crashed, or stuck, or rubber band at a crucial moment.
    I hope it's handled better in the future. But it sounds like China kinda screwed them on this too by not giving them all the tools they needed in time.
    hopefully it is better i agree
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    **** 2x, I still have mats from the last one trying to sell.

Overfarming sucks! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear
    Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As much as I like 2x, I don't think we need another one so soon. As few have stated there is a huge influx of mats which is driving TT mats especially near the zero value. So yeah no more 2x until we earn it again.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    holy **** load of excuses i seen in a good while...lets see....

Hun, I really do not care. I don't PvP but I know there were some people complaining they were left out despite being good and wanting to participate.

Im pretty sure the tourney was made for pple who have been putting some effort for a longer time. Not some overnight fac that was made for the purpose of the tourney.

Everyone should be able to particpate in the tourney. It wasn't made as an extension of TW, even thought that is what it became. It was done because China said they wanted all the versions to particpate and the TW group just happens to be the closet group we have as far as an easily accessible and quickly gatherable list of hardcore pvpers. Even though some memebers only log on to PvP during TW by their own admission.

its not their fault they didnt put in an application in time. And i highly doubt a majority of the tw factions would have wanted leechers to join their fac just to have a chance to participate in the tourney over their more respected geared members. i know i wouldnt at least. Unless your fac is just so damn desperate its a wonder why they even own 1 land.

How could they have done so? It was announced like a week before the selection had to be made. That's why I said they really didn't have a chance. I knew those that wanted to participate and joined to partiicpate would be viewed as leechers (they probably would have been) and thus Kritty's suggestion that they should have just joined when they announced the decision was implausible for most.

i dont think u probably comprehend such a hassle this probably is for pwi even now. The tourney has been present in other country PW versions for a couple of years already. There honestly is no reason pwi had to give this to us because we never had it for 3 years. A trinkle of pple ever mentioned the tourneys of the other PW's, we would have gone along fine with out lives if it never happened.

Which is why I said next year I hope it goes more smoothly now that they have the tools. Did I say it was a must have? Where do you see it was a must have? It's a video game, nothing in this is a must have and we all should go along fine with our lives even if the entire game never happened.

i would think that respected land owning factions know that there is competition inside faction too. But more important, these pple are representing the faction, so whoever is sending them off hopefully better think of it as participating AS a faction. Because the pple who are picked, are supposedly the top (available) 6 of that fac. Stop being selfish and help root for them(your fac)

Did I say there weren't rooting for them? I'm just saying they didn't choose not to go, they weren't selected because of the top 6 thing although they may have liked a shot at it and may have even viewed themselves as pretty closely matched to the person who did go.

i agree with this one but again. The size of pw in china and US are just no comparison. In the US its just another mmorpg. In china, PW has models posing as mermaids specifically made and filmed for PW, commercials just for PW, and i think there were shopping center events held for PW. The US lacks in human resources and funds. Thats not something thats gonna magically appear.

better than having crashed, or stuck, or rubber band at a crucial moment.

hopefully it is better i agree

I don't know where you are getting excuses from. I'm not even level 100 I couldn't of gone even if I cash shopped all my gear, had a million dollars, was in a land holding faction and did a fan dance for frankie. It wasn't about me. And I happen to be rooting for any dreamweaver faction to win, but even if a DW fac doesn't win i'm rooting for PWI in general. Just because someoen says, it would have been nice if others go to go doesn't mean they aren't rooting for the people who are going. Geesh. I was just pointing out that it wasn't their choice that they couldn't go, and I hope it was inclusive next year now that they have the proper tools.

My replies in default color
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2011
    Options
    stop QQing for the sake of QQing

its a combo of luck and effort.

if u cant accept that there literally is no end to it
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

ignore Deceptistar she is always like that when someone makes a thread about compensation. frankly i would like some sort of small thing for everyone in pwi to get something small nothing game breaking but maybe an all class pet or a mount or an aerocraft. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Although I would love 2x drops, I'm against because I don't see why they should do that. Lots of people QQing about not being able to participate in PWIC, but I bet that most of those players would just get one-shot and then QQ about how it's not fair that the gear isn't equal and whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else is aware, but August is drawing really close. 3rd year anniversary is at the end of August and they usually give 2x drop event during occasions like this, then on Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. There is one just around the corner :p
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else is aware, but August is drawing really close. 3rd year anniversary is at the end of August and they usually give 2x drop event during occasions like this, then on Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. There is one just around the corner :p

There ya' go, listen to the smart man with the dates.b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ignore Deceptistar she is always like that when someone makes a thread about compensation. frankly i would like some sort of small thing for everyone in pwi to get something small nothing game breaking but maybe an all class pet or a mount or an aerocraft. b:chuckle
    shush u

they should just give u 1 tele for each account and make u check all the mails to find it >>
  • krittycat
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shush u

they should just give u 1 tele for each account and make u check all the mails to find it >>

O_O

I have soooo many characters on my main account...

b:cry
    edited July 2011
    Options
    O_O

I have soooo many characters on my main account...

b:cry
    thats why ^_________^
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I couldnt care less about the tourney, and I can wait for the next regular 2x event.

But if PWI wants to mail me a few dozen ecstacy cards to make me feel better, I'll take em.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do you even go here?

I have logged on to these forums almost every day since I started this game in April 09, so yes.

And yes, this is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. "Compensation" is an extremely over used term on these forums. People want compensation for absolutely everything they dont like, even if PWE has no control over it. But to ask for compensation for something that we are even privileged to take part in at all is one of the most asinine QQ's I have ever seen. Not to mention, as Kritty said, the people that are taking part in it would get it too, which makes it not compensation, but a pathetic excuse to throw another 2x in, which we in no way need. Mat prices are already screwed up enough because of having so many.

Now, if its just 2x exp, I wouldnt be AS against it, since that doesnt affect the economy as badly as the drops does (or even at all for that matter). But even still, people need to stop expecting 2x so damn much.

Besides, dont worry. Their facebook page is closing in on 300k likes, so expect a "event" to earn 2x again soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye