The Powerleveling BS.

Comments

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is bad logic.

If everyone else p-lvls it affects YOUR OWN gameplay as well. You can't 'enjoy this game at your own pace' if everyone else p-lvls. Just read all the posts above me.

Really? I'm doing just fine leveling steadily and not power leveling O.o I do most of my things solo and still enjoy the game, even if I don't squad much. I posted above earlier stating that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Leveling is a joke now.. o wait.. it's already like that from few months ago. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yanou - Heavens Tear
    Yanou - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I hated it too and still do, as an oldie who played since release. But meh, what are you going to do? Like someone else said who I can't be bothered to quote, it's just how things are now. Perfect world went down this path and it is really showing no signs of turning around. At least you still do have the option of leveling at a slower /proper pace although it doesn't exactly guarantee you gaining friends along the way anymore like it used to.

There's pros and cons to each, and well, to each his own. As an oldie I preferred to take advantage of the boosted leveling since I was in a TW guild and still needed to meet the high level requirement on my new Tideborn character. It simply wasn't practical to go through months of grinding again. The only drawback being I wasn't so proficient on my character in PvP since I hardly knew what most skills did by memory but it's not something that couldn't be learnt in time either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to be drawn like a French girl too? Head over to the Fanart Forum and drop your screenies on the PW Colouring Book Resource thread. Inspire an artist and get drawn, it's a win-win situation.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In my opinion this stuff needs to end it's putting a end to the fun in PWI itself

Remember the old times when you used to quest, zhening on mobs, grinding and stuff to level and now its, **** it give him 800k and lvl to 40 in 20 mins, its pethatic, boost the level requird to enter FF to 75, so the fun can come back to PWI, sureley this isnt harming ur income, can u just please do this so the fun comes back to PWI, i miss leveling, having something fun to do

Now you see noobs running around lvl 100 and thinking there awesome.

And for all you high lvls who make money doing this and who are gonna come troll this thread, get lost, or think about it.

Bring back the fun to PWI, its ruining it..

Why is it always a sin who complains about the powerleveling...lol..hypocryte?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ranking
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Power leveling makes the game kind of less fun because the lower level areas get empty and it's demoralizing to quest and play alone. Others have also cited high level noobs can get in your squads (and even TW...damn that's a pain in the ***)

On the other hand, I can't be assed to grind my way up when the quests stop either.

Power leveling needs a lvl prerequisite.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Power leveling makes the game kind of less fun because the lower level areas get empty and it's demoralizing to quest and play alone.
    It is good to do quest and don't be in fight for one mob with other players, when you are not asked for buff or ressurent every 5 minutes.

Those who want to pay must to pay, those who want to play - can play.

And of course, game is unbalanced at high levels, so most of classes pay to look how at high levels 5 aps squads do FC, Nirvana and other instances.

Edit:
    Or ask during hours for Cleric, Tank for ... high level instances.
    edited July 2011
    Somehow the trend is making mmo goes to *Fast Level* path and players quickly put on competitive or pvp scene. Favor casual player for bigger market.

Which is like moba games, where how fast you lv up is part of your skill. The game is either about total scores, time limit, destroy base, flag, etc. When 1 round is end, everyone level set back to 1. On the next round it's race once again. The process from Lv 1 to the winning, is where the game fun belong. Actual technique and skill rather than the power of your equipments.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Good thing about FC powerlvling is that all of a sudden barbs feel important and wanted again b:chuckleb:laughb:thanksb:victory

Too bad no one knows u can solo it with a psy R9+12 140 attack lvl without a barb and squad b:shutup
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Good thing about FC powerlvling is that all of a sudden barbs feel important and wanted again b:chuckleb:laughb:thanksb:victory

Too bad no one knows u can solo it with a psy R9+12 140 attack lvl without a barb and squad b:shutup

1. R9
    2. +12

Not everyone can buy it. It is rare. Although psychics have best DPS among magic classes even without R9 or +12.

High APS, High DPS classes >>>>>>>>> other classes.

This is unbalanced game.
  • Cutie_bunny - Dreamweaver
    Cutie_bunny - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i think FC should be for accounts who have gotten to a set lvl lets say FC is for 75+ but if u have a char 90+ or 100+ then you can bring ur alt to FC at any lvl
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Okay, allow me to make a comment, you see, half the fun of this game is actually putting the work into making the character, not just paying someone 800K to level it for you, but instead, leveling the character yourself, by taking your time, and putting in the work, you can have a true sense of pride when you finally achieve level 105, because, you know that you made the character that way, not by Powerleveling or by the help of someone else, but by yourself, and yourself alone.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In my opinion this stuff needs to end it's putting a end to the fun in PWI itself

Remember the old times when you used to quest, zhening on mobs, grinding and stuff to level and now its, **** it give him 800k and lvl to 40 in 20 mins, its pethatic, boost the level requird to enter FF to 75, so the fun can come back to PWI, sureley this isnt harming ur income, can u just please do this so the fun comes back to PWI, i miss leveling, having something fun to do

Now you see noobs running around lvl 100 and thinking there awesome.

And for all you high lvls who make money doing this and who are gonna come troll this thread, get lost, or think about it.

Bring back the fun to PWI, its ruining it..

Game will never go back, your better off on private servers where everyone is.. 150 with same cookie cutter gear/build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think I lost some brain cells by reading this thread.

Back on subject, power leveling is an option. It will effect end game players with these " I don't know how to do s*** players with their lvl 30 gear" doing tasks, but that's why we all have blacklist and we can all check peoples gears (to kick them or w/e).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
    edited July 2011
    This thread would be repeated again, trust me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only activity that requires any relative skill is TW. Have fun learning that when the powerleveled noob is facerolling his keyboard and winning with the 70 or so levels he has on you. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Game will never go back, your better off on private servers where everyone is.. 350 with same cookie cutter Rank12 gear/build.

fixed b:cute
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    fixed b:cute

i like your name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i think FC should be for accounts who have gotten to a set lvl lets say FC is for 75+ but if u have a char 90+ or 100+ then you can bring ur alt to FC at any lvl

I think people should stop wanting to impose random restrictions on other players. It's like people forget that FC is not by any means the only method of power leveling (oracles, anyone?).

Live, let live, and learn how to use your blacklist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Come on... plvling is fun...

If not for plvling, how could you ever expect to meet a lvl 90+ barb who never learnt Flesh Ream "because it does little damage"?

Or a high lvl cleric who didn't learn purify "cause it doesn't do anything special"?

I've been having quite a laugh on plvlers, really.

Ofc, they get mad when I boot them from squad after those remarks, but oh well... you can't have everything, right?

Learning your class? That's for noobs, lol b:surrender
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Come on... plvling is fun...

If not for plvling, how could you ever expect to meet a lvl 90+ barb who never learnt Flesh Ream "because it does little damage"?

Or a high lvl cleric who didn't learn purify "cause it doesn't do anything special"?

Or a wizard who thought bm meant bowel movement

I've been having quite a laugh on plvlers, really.

Ofc, they get mad when I boot them from squad after those remarks, but oh well... you can't have everything, right?

Learning your class? That's for noobs, lol b:surrender

yea... b:cute
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Or a 62 barb who doesn't know what aggro is (then promptly tells you that "you should play better")... A 101 cleric who doesn't know they can tank low-level magic bosses and eat them for breakfast... A 90 mystic who doesn't use summons...

My BH runs have been scary, and I'm only 64. High-level runs are gonna be awesome, I feel it.

Not fond of powerleveling myself, but it does give me a good laugh when I'm in the mood for it XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelOf_Dusk - Lost City
    AngelOf_Dusk - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I totally agree with you. I`ve been playing Pw since more than two years now, and I know what you mean.
    BH first came up when my character was level 60 and yes, I did frosted. I started frosting at level 96 mainly because all friends were frosting and outleveling me.
    Before frost was up leveling was way harder, yes, but game was better.
    Try to compare a player that is leveling only by questing and BHing, that doesn't CS, and hs grinding on mobs for money and spirit, to afford skills - With a a player that CSs, buys frost as he can afford, power level, max skills, get armors and whatever.
    I`ve seen level 100's that got no idea how to play their class, because all they done was buying frost and leveling like this.l
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm actually gunna agree with you :)
    Power leveling is horrible, particually if you're clericing, you casually ask 'how long have you been playing' and get a lvl 7x player say 'a month or so' b:shocked

this is funny, i hope you are not actually serious b:laugh

one could probably level 2 characters to 7x in a month without hypers or buying frosts if they were to play as much...

and really if its a reference to they cant play their class either, well im sorry, but if after a month, even with buying frosts that you can figure out how to attack or heal then you cant really blame the "powerleveling" for that one, Id call it more along the lines of being braindead to be honest
    Okay, allow me to make a comment, you see, half the fun of this game is actually putting the work into making the character, not just paying someone 800K to level it for you, but instead, leveling the character yourself, by taking your time, and putting in the work, you can have a true sense of pride when you finally achieve level 105, because, you know that you made the character that way, not by Powerleveling or by the help of someone else, but by yourself, and yourself alone

well first off, lol @ getting 105 the way you are describing, see you in 10 years pal...

and "not by Powerleveling or by the help of someone else, but by yourself, and yourself alone" really dude? so you propose at lvl 40 you should tackle bh29 alone? and no more squad frosts either?

technically when you buy a frost, you are paying for the dungeon to be cleared, I mean technically when you really stop and get down to the true fact of the matter...buying a fcc is just like paying for a really really expensive wine fee....

its really no different than wining a BH imo...we should get rid of those too, those damn people who cant clear a bh on their own how are they ever going to learn their class
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    Monsieur - Lothranis Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I lol at these threads everytime.
    Powerleveling doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to suck at high level end game .

Some people have already played their class before in another server and rerolling to the same char so they powerlevel.

Some people learn things fast so they know what the f they're doing even if they power level to 90. Yes, even seekers/mystics who powerleveled to 90 in the first 2 weeks can be pro if they catch up on their skills pretty fast. it all depends on the "person" who's doing the power level.

And it took me a year and a half to level my first char(bm) to 90 in sanctuary server..there's no way in hell i m doing that ever again lol

Life evolves, this world evolves, and so does perfect world. And a piece of advice, so should you. Gotta adapt to the present XD
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, not all powerlevelers are bad, most of the bad ones are first timers who have never seen or learned how to play that class.

For instance, my main is a BM and after countless BHs and FCs and whatever, you can easily learn what each class is supposed to do, so if you want to start an alt in a new class, I don't see the problem in powerleveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I love reading ppl blame powerlevelers for being idiots in squads. Most of those people either just started playing themselves or have a horrible memory, because it was not uncommon to find a player at higher levels who didn't know their elbow from their *** in regards to playing their own class. Generally these comments are made by presumptuous ignoramuses who have a holier than thou attitude because it took them longer to attain levels than people today.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Back before p-leveling, people assumed we needed 2 clerics for Polearm. I was shocked the first time I saw a cleric solo heal on it. My cleric was p-leveled, and I was scared of running that BH at first. It turned out to be pretty simple.

Also before p-leveling, there were many venos who didn't amp unless told to. Now that we have some that aren't sick to death of dropping into fox form to amp: we have more amping venos.

Bad players are just bad players. There's no sense in picking on them; such as a Barb that doesn't know what Flesh Ream is for -because it takes how long to learn? The person that shows up to Rebirth and announces after getting started that they need to be told what to do could have leveled any number of ways. Ignorance is just ignorance.

Monsieur's post was spot on.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've been here since the beginning (just look at my join date) and I have to say people today are much stupider than they used to be. I miss the days of going into a squad and everyone knowing their role, and how much they could handle. They already knew how well they could handle that boss, or how many monsters they can deal with at once.

Now however, they don't know that. They don't even know much about most of the dungeons, and odds are they've never even been inside most of them. Knowing your class, and I mean REALLY knowing it, cannot be done in a short time despite what others are saying here.

That's why I love the faction I'm in. The first time I did anything with them was fb 79 and I was impressed with how well they ran it. They don't rely on great gear to do things. Most of them have standard npc/TT gear. They are just really good at playing and you know what? They do not powerlevel. Everyone I've seen that levels fast, can't even come close to what my friends in Nocturne can pull off.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you plvl to 100+ in a few days/weeks do you really bother with that many BH? Most people i know that hardcore plvl doesn't do their daily quest unless they go out of activations and wanna reach that last percent badly to level up. I never do many BHs either if i'm plvling a char. Thats why i get kinda surprised when people running BH39-89 complain about the massive amount of plvled noobs in party b:shocked.

I mean how many BHs will you actually do between level 1-100 when it only took you a few days or weeks to get those lvls? Its kinda contradicting so obviously these people messing up the BHs cant all be plvled noobs. I'm guessing most of them are just bad players. God knows there was plenty baddies back in 2008/2009 to when no one even knew what FCC or Hypers where.

Its not classes themselves that takes time to learn anyway, thats just a matter of finding the right skill icons and setting up your hotkeyes lol. What takes a bit of time in PWI is learning the actual game, not so much a specific class. Knowing exactly how to run all instances, what genies+apoc+charms to use how and when, how to behave at certain bosses, different roles in group PvP etc. If you're not a first-timer you know all this things already, so it really doesn't if you plvled the char you're currently playing.

Most important: If someone is very skilled at playing vidogames they will shiet all over you even if you spent 3 years grinding to 100+ and they only spent 3 weeks in FCC lol. Its unfair i know b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I know people who took years to get to 100 and play terribly. Some players just suck and players are pro irrespective of how much time they put into any individual character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html