The Powerleveling BS.

Options

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone would notice...

And congrats on 1111+(more than 1 by the time you respond to this) posts! b:victory
  • Lorann - Raging Tide
    Lorann - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Power leveling... I totally understand it for alts. There's many many quests you just don't want to repeat all over again. I agree with the OP in some respects, it's really really sad to see lvl 60/70/80/90/whatever level characters played by people who've spent more time buying heads than they have learning how to play the game and are essentially a waste of a toon. Sure they can try and learn how to play as a high(ish) lvl char but isn't that like starting to read a book and then skipping to the last chapter?

Anyways I can't really talk, I make moneys off teh silly silly people who pay for heads. Personally I'd never pay for heads even for an alt... i'd take my alt to heads and sell the spare spots. xD

Stupid thing to pay for IMO. xD
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yay another thread like this!

One argues;... PLing is bad...

Others argue;....No because everyone that PLs is a vetran player that knows everything there is to know about the game...

rebuttal;...Its not them we are complaining about, its the genuine newbies....

counter rebuttal;.... because everyone that PLs is a vetran player that knows everything there is to know about the game....

Re-claim argument;...Vetrans PLing is not the problem, it's those that don't know the game flooding the endgame with nubs...

Bullheaded rebuttal;... because everyone that PLs is a vetran that knows everything there is to know about the game....

random input;....I seen someone get PLed from lvl 1 to 100 in 3 days...

Know it all rebuttal...was an alt.

Random troll(me); These topics are lame, because its like bouncing your e-peen against a rough brick wall.

closed minded moron:
    Random troll(me) These topics are lame, because its like bouncing your e-peen against a rough brick wall.

People that PL are alts and knows everything there is to know about this game.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    In my opinion this stuff needs to end it's putting a end to the fun in PWI itself

Remember the old times when you used to quest, zhening on mobs, grinding and stuff to level and now its, **** it give him 800k and lvl to 40 in 20 mins, its pethatic, boost the level requird to enter FF to 75, so the fun can come back to PWI, sureley this isnt harming ur income, can u just please do this so the fun comes back to PWI, i miss leveling, having something fun to do

Now you see noobs running around lvl 100 and thinking there awesome.

And for all you high lvls who make money doing this and who are gonna come troll this thread, get lost, or think about it.

Bring back the fun to PWI, its ruining it..

LOL@thenewbie.

Sum oof teh speeling in thees poast ees pethatic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »

Others argue;....No because everyone that PLs is a vetran player that knows everything there is to know about the game...

counter rebuttal;.... because everyone that PLs is a vetran player that knows everything there is to know about the game....

Re-claim argument;...Vetrans PLing is not the problem, it's those that don't know the game flooding the endgame with nubs...

Bullheaded rebuttal;... because everyone that PLs is a vetran that knows everything there is to know about the game....

Random troll(me); These topics are lame, because its like bouncing your e-peen against a rough brick wall.

closed minded moron:

LOL@thenewbie.

Cool story bros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cool story bros.

Maybe you should look at getting power leveled? Those quests you are doing don't seem to be leveling you at all...

Inb4random****abouthowit'saretiredcharacter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ur doin it rong.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL@thenewbie.

hawked oon fawnics dun Me goood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »

closed minded moron:

LOL@thenewbie.

Cool story bros.

Maybe you should look at getting power leveled? Those quests you are doing don't seem to be leveling you at all...

truekossy wrote: »
    ur doin it rong.
    hawked oon fawnics dun Me goood

Yeah, this topic is dead.

(random****abouthowit'saretiredcharacter)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    most of these people that power level have played this game, probably on countless characters. they dont feel like running around arch picking up the boatmans quests and killing wolverines either. omg ive done those quests 50 times it seems, it gets really old, and if you do that to level yet another alt your probably not going to go through with it.

yea the old PWI, there were no sins to clear fc and sell it? no aps characters yet to solo fc and sell it? in fact, no one even THOUGHT of selling fc? well, actually, so far back where fc wasnt even an exp ground yet? of course thats how the old days were. because back then, you HAD to do your quests, dailys, etc to level because there was no one good enough to do it for you yet.

but since communities evolve, things becoming easier in the world of leveling, and it all depends on how much money you spend.

if you dont want to plvl then dont. save your money! thats one thing your doing by not buying fc heads. heck, your 80 now, go run fc in a party, all you would have to pay for is hypers, IF you believe in using them, which lasts a few runs and is extremely cheaper. save your money for when your 90 so you will have better gear than those who plvld.

Yes Vixter I remember the 'fun' of going out and killing 70 of those ice giant (Glacier Warrior) things over and over again. I believe half the people on here couldn't grind to save their character at the rate we're going everyone is going to be 105 in no time.

Oh I wish to share another thing thats interesting. The 'Dreana Stone' was turned off when I went back to Malaysia this month. Has yet the 'Hyper Stone' still has the ability to be switched on here. It is very extraordinary how the US version of Perfect World treats exploits/glitches. b:laugh

I can hear Frankie and co now, chunk-ching chunk-ching chuck-ching-GAH! :)

I could say "Zhen party? WUT? WUT! WUT?!?!" but its to funny watching these ridiculous posts come back like Ebola.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

its to funny watching these ridiculous posts come back like Ebola.

Yep, Ebola sure is funny when it re-surges. Nothing's funnier than Ebola!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep, Ebola sure is funny when it re-surges. Nothing's funnier than Ebola!

Except AIDS. AIDS is some pretty funny ****.
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

It is very extraordinary how the US version of Perfect World treats exploits/glitches. b:laugh

b:laugh Only a person who is not native to this country be surprised at this....greed, exploitation? thats our country's hidden motto
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, this topic is dead.

(random****abouthowit'saretiredcharacter)

and so is your leveling rate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • Kristam - Dreamweaver
    Kristam - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's why I rolled a BM. I miss the old school way of playing. All 31 lvls are pure questing and grinding b:victory Fun times ^^
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If people want to power level, let them be. Just play and enjoy this game at your own pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If people want to power level, let them be. Just play and enjoy this game at your own pace.
    /thread
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

I think that if our enjoyment of the game weren't impacted, it'd be far less of an issue. i.e. If we could filter all that junk out of world chat and if we could tactfully avoid squadding with high-level noobs.

Case in point, I ran an FB89 Brim the other day. The squad had a second cleric, also level 95. You'd think that regardless of the fail of the rest of the squad, we'd be pretty much fine with two clerics. But, no... We got close to complete squad wipe a couple of times. Brim just isn't THAT hard... (In fact, I have consistently found Eden to be a harder instance to cleric in, aside from this incident.)

The other cleric had minimal skills, having spent all of his spirit he'd been building in Frost on a genie. He did, however, have a variety of skillbooks. He literally never had chi for anything. He had terrible mdef, pdef, and matk. He was far too squishy, and kept dying. (That's saying something, coming from another squishy...) In fact, at the end of the run, I was curious so I decided to damage test against him to see how hard I'd hit. I 1-shot him by accident. b:shocked

Most of the rest of the squad wasn't much better. Luckily, I also had a BM from faction who doesn't suck, and the veno that was in squad was capable enough to try to deal with the ongoing fail.

So yeah, in this case, the powerlevelers directly impacted my enjoyment of the game. b:sad (It's also why I don't BH often, as I'd often have to pull in a random, and I refuse without knowing how suck they are thanks to powerlevelers.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pw devs should decide if they support power lvl or not

originally, they made whole exp gaining system anti-plvl (you know, http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Experience)

then they forget to secure FC from exploiting it
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    then they forget to secure FC from exploiting it

No, there's a few problems not related to "securing" Frost, including, but not limited to: changing it from a gear instance; not doing something like Phoenix Valley where if someone comes in from the "wrong" level range, the whole instance despawns; a change to how mobs reset a while back causing the most well-known currently exploited glitch (I think it's related to some of the other glitches I've heard about, too); and just "heads" in general.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think that if our enjoyment of the game weren't impacted, it'd be far less of an issue. i.e. If we could filter all that junk out of world chat and if we could tactfully avoid squadding with high-level noobs.

Case in point, I ran an FB89 Brim the other day. The squad had a second cleric, also level 95. You'd think that regardless of the fail of the rest of the squad, we'd be pretty much fine with two clerics. But, no... We got close to complete squad wipe a couple of times. Brim just isn't THAT hard... (In fact, I have consistently found Eden to be a harder instance to cleric in, aside from this incident.)

The other cleric had minimal skills, having spent all of his spirit he'd been building in Frost on a genie. He did, however, have a variety of skillbooks. He literally never had chi for anything. He had terrible mdef, pdef, and matk. He was far too squishy, and kept dying. (That's saying something, coming from another squishy...) In fact, at the end of the run, I was curious so I decided to damage test against him to see how hard I'd hit. I 1-shot him by accident. b:shocked

Most of the rest of the squad wasn't much better. Luckily, I also had a BM from faction who doesn't suck, and the veno that was in squad was capable enough to try to deal with the ongoing fail.

So yeah, in this case, the powerlevelers directly impacted my enjoyment of the game. b:sad (It's also why I don't BH often, as I'd often have to pull in a random, and I refuse without knowing how suck they are thanks to powerlevelers.)

I know what you mean by all this. If there is a bad squad, it tends to be people that powerleveled their way up there without experience in playing their character. FCs nowadays are just full of people that want to sell FCs and buy them for quick leveling purposes. That's the laziness of players. If they have high level characters and know how to play their class well in different situations, that's fine. But I guess there is just a heavy plethora of players that do not know what to do. All they care about is their own power, level, and pride. We don't see much team players nowadays.

I guess I tend to solo a lot of things, or sometimes with my cousin. I have had a lot of experience with bad players in squads and I guess you can say, I'm tired of them. I do not think I will ever squad in squads again, besides maybe some FCs, TTs, or BH 100 when I get there. Besides all that, I guess that is what you mean by powerleveling characters ruining the enjoyment of your game. I'm a solo veno with a herc, so I don't tend to squad much :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You are aware that a person who grinded their way to high level over the course of months isn't going to be any better in a squad than someone who powerleveled to high level in a couple weeks, right?
    (In fact, I have consistently found Eden to be a harder instance to cleric in, aside from this incident.)
    I have consistently found the exact opposite to be true. I guess it's just a matter of perspective, eh?
    anecdotal evidence
    That cleric wasn't just power leveled, it was gimp, and should have been kicked and replaced.

There is a difference between being power leveled and being gimp. One can be both, clearly, as that cleric was. But just because a person is one doesn't automatically make them both. I know plenty of people who powerlevel (anecdotal evidence of my own!) yet go out of their way to make sure that by the time they squad, their gear and skills are up to date.

Randoms are like Russian roulette, and you never know what you'll end up with. Just blacklist/kick the ones who suck and move on.

I don't like bad squads any more than you do, but powerleveling really isn't necessarily an indicator of fail vs. not fail. Usually their gear is a better indicator, at least for me. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've been on this game for a while, and I've always played it the same way I used to. I don't FC and I don't hyper. I might do a BH every once in a blue moon. That's because I enjoy playing that way. I actually come on this game just to enjoy myself for a couple of hours doing quests or helping lower levels in faction.

I could FC to 100 like many of my friends, but I don't see the point. What is there to do when you hit 100+? Pk in orchid temple, Nirvy, or just FC to try to 101 since the quests at that level suck and get you no where. You know what i hear most from my friends at level 100+? "I'm bored." They have their rank gear, and pking everyday at orchid temple gets boring, so they ask me if I'm doing anything and try to tag along on my TTs and such.

I only squad with people I know, because since the hypering you tend to get randoms who have no clue what they are doing. I ran into an archer the other day who was a total fail. I look them up on core, only been here less than a month and already level 96. So yeah, FC hyper newb. I understand people who already have high levels and just want to try another character just FC hypering their alt, but the newbs doing it is a bit annoying.

All the advice I can give is ignore the newbs, join a good faction with people your level who know how to play, and stay out of random squads. Because this game has gone that direction. It's bad when I understand how to use a class better than the person playing it because I've been here too long.
  • Woneo - Lothranis
    Woneo - Lothranis Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    OPjelly
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm actually gunna agree with you :)
    Power leveling is horrible, particually if you're clericing, you casually ask 'how long have you been playing' and get a lvl 7x player say 'a month or so' b:shocked
    Hate it even more when it's painfully obvious :S
    I mean, I think it fine to skip maybe 30-40, to get BH started and stuff, because (having never power leveld a character in FF, in my 3 years) i have to admit i HATE the 30-40 quests >.< that's totally fine in my eyes- it just when people come into the game, level from 1-70 in a month or so, and never bother learning their character, and just QQ about never having money for skills- duh, all your money went, willingly, into someone else's pockets :S.
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    it just when people come into the game, level from 1-70 in a month or so,

Did 1-60 in less than a month on a sin, its not that hard..later quit the sin cause it was too easy b:surrender

But I agree this genre of P-lvling needs to be dealt with, hypers I don't mind that much, though x12 is a little too far IMO, I say something along the lines disabling hypers in Fc, or making it a gear instance again, or do like PV and make everything despawn when someone outside the lvl range enters the instance.
    Now yes people can still P-lvl but it will take a bit longer and will require some degree in class knowledge, which is all we really want anyway.

I've ran with a cler that didn't know spirits gift helped her healing power, and one that only used Bkessing of the Purehearted to heal or a barb at lvl 7x that didn't have invoke, or even lvled roar past 3 I believe (lvl 1 hailstorm while I was 3 lvls under him stole agro) or a 70 psy w/ lvl 20 gear complaining about dying and not being healed (its kinda hard to heal you when your a 1-shot to everything).
    And you know what they all had in common? They had all played for less than 2 months and payed a bunch for head and fc runs.

Its bloody epidemic, now I will admit the old way of lvling was a tad slow, and for that I'm okay with hypers (still x8 & x12 are too much) but when you can get to "endgame" w/o doing jack shxt there's a problem.

I wish PWI would take care of bugs and exploits like this instead of adding new (un-needed and un-useful) content.

coughgameisdeadcough
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Did 1-60 in less than a month on a sin, its not that hard..later quit the sin cause it was too easy b:surrender

But I agree this genre of P-lvling needs to be dealt with, hypers I don't mind that much, though x12 is a little too far IMO, I say something along the lines disabling hypers in Fc, or making it a gear instance again, or do like PV and make everything despawn when someone outside the lvl range enters the instance.
    Now yes people can still P-lvl but it will take a bit longer and will require some degree in class knowledge, which is all we really want anyway.

I've ran with a cler that didn't know spirits gift helped her healing power, and one that only used Bkessing of the Purehearted to heal or a barb at lvl 7x that didn't have invoke, or even lvled roar past 3 I believe (lvl 1 hailstorm while I was 3 lvls under him stole agro) or a 70 psy w/ lvl 20 gear complaining about dying and not being healed (its kinda hard to heal you when your a 1-shot to everything).
    And you know what they all had in common? They had all played for less than 2 months and payed a bunch for head and fc runs.

Its bloody epidemic, now I will admit the old way of lvling was a tad slow, and for that I'm okay with hypers (still x8 & x12 are too much) but when you can get to "endgame" w/o doing jack shxt there's a problem.

I wish PWI would take care of bugs and exploits like this instead of adding new (un-needed and un-useful) content.

coughgameisdeadcough

this is just a joke. if it takes you a month of buying heads to hit 70 then your an idiot and dont deserve to play any game. i really hate to tell people but plvl'n dont make people more noob, EVERY body is a noob at some point all plvl'n does is shift the curve to a higher lvl. and even then without plvl'n i known lvl 90+ clerics who never heal and only DD with plume shot. (yes it was the original player of the acc so dont even try the "they bought the acc" excuse.) there will always be idiots who cant play a class, regardless of power lvl'n or not. and in this day and age of a 5aps solo everything, theres really no need for any knowledge to play the game. pve is a joke. the only challenge is pvp and thats a joke since everyone cs's r9+10/12 gear. srsly quit ******** and just play. or dont. just quit ********.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this is just a joke. if it takes you a month of buying heads to hit 70 then your an idiot and dont deserve to play any game. i really hate to tell people but plvl'n dont make people more noob, EVERY body is a noob at some point all plvl'n does is shift the curve to a higher lvl. and even then without plvl'n i known lvl 90+ clerics who never heal and only DD with plume shot. (yes it was the original player of the acc so dont even try the "they bought the acc" excuse.) there will always be idiots who cant play a class, regardless of power lvl'n or not. and in this day and age of a 5aps solo everything, theres really no need for any knowledge to play the game. pve is a joke. the only challenge is pvp and thats a joke since everyone cs's r9+10/12 gear. srsly quit ******** and just play. or dont. just quit ********.
    and Thats why i said a month or less >.>
    Yes but most of us like it when that curve was lower than ~ lvl90. And I've know people like that too, they usually don't survive long. Back then, you'd have a hell of a lot harder time finding people to squad with if you sucked, now just pay 200-500k and skip those lvls. I never said that there wont be idoits playing classes w/ or w.o p-lvling, they just appear less often w/o it
    ...... ****************ing? What does that mean?
    I thought I was posting an opinion on an issue regarding this game. Seems your reading to much into this, some time away from you're computer might help you learn how to have a debate on this topic and not read into things.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't know if this has been said already since I was too lazy to read through the hundreds of posts butb:surrender ->

Dude... I don't see the point of this. Because see, some ppl thing they're pro at 100, but they don't know how to play their class. Which means they fail. The lvl and the gear doesn't make the player (well, it does to a certain level but you get my point), the experience and skill does. It's simple: ignore the high lvl hypering noobs. b:bye

One annoying thing though:

I was in an 8x frost with my seeker today. Ppl kept dying, so i looked at their gear... It was... b:shocked I don't even want to think of it! QQ The cleric had most of his gear missing and the gear he actually had on was either shattered or 10 lvls and more under his. Now THAT is what you call scary.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

This is bad logic.

If everyone else p-lvls it affects YOUR OWN gameplay as well. You can't 'enjoy this game at your own pace' if everyone else p-lvls. Just read all the posts above me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]