The Powerleveling BS.

SweetDagger - Heavens Tear
SweetDagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
In my opinion this stuff needs to end it's putting a end to the fun in PWI itself

Remember the old times when you used to quest, zhening on mobs, grinding and stuff to level and now its, **** it give him 800k and lvl to 40 in 20 mins, its pethatic, boost the level requird to enter FF to 75, so the fun can come back to PWI, sureley this isnt harming ur income, can u just please do this so the fun comes back to PWI, i miss leveling, having something fun to do

Now you see noobs running around lvl 100 and thinking there awesome.

And for all you high lvls who make money doing this and who are gonna come troll this thread, get lost, or think about it.

Bring back the fun to PWI, its ruining it..
Post edited by SweetDagger - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    old times
    BH
    lolwut?
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    boost the level requird to enter FF to 75,

No, let's boost the level requirement to lvl 102 so ppl like SweetDagger can't ruin my fun!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In my opinion this stuff needs to end it's putting a end to the fun in PWI itself

Remember the old times when you used to quest, zhening on mobs, grinding and stuff to level and now its, **** it give him 800k and lvl to 40 in 20 mins, its pethatic, boost the level requird to enter FF to 75, so the fun can come back to PWI, sureley this isnt harming ur income, can u just please do this so the fun comes back to PWI, i miss leveling, having something fun to do

And for all you high lvls who make money doing this and who are gonna come troll this thread, get lost, or think about it.

It may be "ruining" it for you, but for countless players it is helping them greatly, and making life very easy. This is the way the game is played now. You have to learn to embrace it, like I have.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No, let's boost the level requirement to lvl 102 so ppl like SweetDagger can't ruin my fun!b:angry

I agree. I hate lower level nubs doing their own thing ruining my fun.

b:angryb:angry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I do think powerlevelling is a little much and i hate when people choose to wait to learn their characters until they are 90s-100s, because it ends up ruining my runs. But I also do think that just grinding was far too slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    you must be an idiot. the lvl req of all squad members to open FC is already 75 and easy to get around. after that, plvl'n? sorry if not everybody has the time to quest for 6~8months to reach lvl 80. srsly. nobody is forcing u to plvl. go do your damn quests and ****. if u dont wanna buy an fc then dont. if others do, then its their money they can spend on w/e the hell they feel like. honestly what fun is it? especially from a pvp server perspective. u ever try to quest and have a random red named player come and rpk u while ur in the middle of a quest? yea SO much fun.

anywho, my point was made, if u dont wanna plvl then dont. dont QQ because your choosing to do things harder than others. just a big *** waste of time honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You can power-level without FC.. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Remember the old times, when people didn't reroll to a broken class b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
    edited July 2011
    you must be an idiot. the lvl req of all squad members to open FC is already 75 and easy to get around. after that, plvl'n? sorry if not everybody has the time to quest for 6~8months to reach lvl 80. srsly. nobody is forcing u to plvl. go do your damn quests and ****. if u dont wanna buy an fc then dont. if others do, then its their money they can spend on w/e the hell they feel like. honestly what fun is it? especially from a pvp server perspective. u ever try to quest and have a random red named player come and rpk u while ur in the middle of a quest? yea SO much fun.

anywho, my point was made, if u dont wanna plvl then dont. dont QQ because your choosing to do things harder than others. just a big *** waste of time honestly.

Calm down. It's going to be okay, bro.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011

most of these people that power level have played this game, probably on countless characters. they dont feel like running around arch picking up the boatmans quests and killing wolverines either. omg ive done those quests 50 times it seems, it gets really old, and if you do that to level yet another alt your probably not going to go through with it.

yea the old PWI, there were no sins to clear fc and sell it? no aps characters yet to solo fc and sell it? in fact, no one even THOUGHT of selling fc? well, actually, so far back where fc wasnt even an exp ground yet? of course thats how the old days were. because back then, you HAD to do your quests, dailys, etc to level because there was no one good enough to do it for you yet.

but since communities evolve, things becoming easier in the world of leveling, and it all depends on how much money you spend.

if you dont want to plvl then dont. save your money! thats one thing your doing by not buying fc heads. heck, your 80 now, go run fc in a party, all you would have to pay for is hypers, IF you believe in using them, which lasts a few runs and is extremely cheaper. save your money for when your 90 so you will have better gear than those who plvld.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dont ever really understand these threads....

My interpretation of "powerlevelers suck" threads are basically one of two things

A - someones too cheap or poor to afford to pay for them
    B - someones just mad cause they cant find anyone to BH or quest with, which in any event one is trying to powerlevel, and the other is basically saying I dont want to do this alone it will take too long....

which in essence is what powerleveling is all about.

I mean its always going to be something, I mean we get it, somehow some way it has slightly affected your 12 hour a day gaming session and youre mad....were sorry, can we just move on to the next topic?
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Calm down. It's going to be okay, bro.

dont worry im calm. i just wanted to try my hand at a rage troll reply :O did it work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • zachsfunk491
    zachsfunk491 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the way alot of people do it is through oracle books. its a small fee to buy some and its basically free xp. bull****
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I was hopeing on the new servers coming that we would have no form of power leveling, but one can dream, so I spend my time solo questing in an empty zone, where as everyone else is either hypering mobs somewhere or whoracling, boring game is boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You missed the OP's point by a mile.

OP isn't talking about him/herself, the point was EVERYBODY else is doing it.

Hyper EXP is the worst concept I have ever seen in an online game, ever. What is there to achieve when you can literally buy levels with money?

In another Perfect World Entertainment game, botting is allowed and you gain exp from meditating. WTF is there to do if you get everything from being afk? That's just 1 step away from hyper exp.

I came back to PWI about a month ago and BH squads were suddenly terrible, mystics initiating on Wyvern. Before all this plvl started people actually waited for the tank to get aggro. Now clerics just straight away heal the tank before he is in range to do anything, grab heal aggro, rage, and make threads on forums about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Hyper EXP is the worst concept I have ever seen in an online game, ever.

^This, but the devs/GMs are far from giving a hoot, end of the day, if the devs are stupid enough to bring in gear that wasn't even vaguely needed (Rank 9), even in the tiniest bit, then selling that gear for a couple thousand dollars...for pixel equipment, then yeah, they don't care what the players think, as long as there wallets are full.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nope sorry i lvl 2 chars to lvl 90 by killing butter flys,fish,undines and so on b4 frost came out.not going thru that again..world mobs can be turned into some new daily if devs would just think of something new.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    nope sorry i lvl 2 chars to lvl 90 by killing butter flys,fish,undines and so on b4 frost came out.not going thru that again..world mobs can be turned into some new daily if devs would just think of something new.

The only legit time Plvl is legit is if you already have a 80+ Wiz, and you reroll a wiz on another server, because you already know how to play a wizzy. (And the same with every other class)

Except if you've never played the class before (lol @ lvl 90+ mystics/seekers 2 weeks after expansion was released) then plvling is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited July 2011

Hyper EXP is the worst concept I have ever seen in an online game, ever.

no actually its not, I think its great cause it enables people to have something, you may have heard of it, maybe not, but its called....get ready.....here it is.....

A LIFE!!!!!!

I love that I can spend literally a fraction of the time it would take otherwise to achieve the same results....

Aside from the fact that I cannot let go of adolescent tendencies(video games) I have responsibilities in life, and lets face it, this is not one of those games you can just play infrequently and do anything worthwhile, noone wants a fail, half geared half assed character in a team....and we wont even get into pvp.....

Content doesnt intrigue me, I dont read the quests, i dont care about storylines, i dont "RP" I dont pretend to be with a guy/girl in a fairy-tail land where everything is perfect then wake up to real life....

I kill sh*t

thats what I do, thats what I like, pve, pvp, its all fun, solo, in a group, and hypered....its fun

thats what makes the game fun for me....why should I be frowned upon for what makes me happy cause it doesnt fit into your style?

if were using that logic then.....in game marriages are the stupidest thing Ive ever seen in my life and shouldnt be allowed....
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    no actually its not, I think its great cause it enables people to have something, you may have heard of it, maybe not, but its called....get ready.....here it is.....

A LIFE!!!!!!

Actually it turns PWI into an asset instead of something played for fun.
    You're assuming that playing PWI 'the slow way' is a burden and a chore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011

I do beleive that, and I feel sorry for them, if PW shut down today I bet alot of people would off themselves

I on the other hand wouldnt care one way or the other, I mean Id be bummed in the sense that Id have to start all over in another game maybe, but I dont look at PW as an asset that Ive created, again I log it to have fun, run instances, kill stuff/people, and sometimes I even make money doing it...
    edited July 2011
    dont worry im calm. i just wanted to try my hand at a rage troll reply :O did it work?

Seems so, lol.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011

soounds like someone is mad because he cant afford a measly 800k to get himself plvledb:chuckle
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only legit time Plvl is legit is if you already have a 80+ Wiz, and you reroll a wiz on another server, because you already know how to play a wizzy. (And the same with every other class)

Except if you've never played the class before (lol @ lvl 90+ mystics/seekers 2 weeks after expansion was released) then plvling is stupid.

Oh my god, this game isn't a rocket science...
    I have a 101 BM, 100 Sin, 101 Archer, 97 Cleric, 93 Barb and NONE of them was hard to learn. I haven't done a single quest beyond lvl 20 on Barb yet I know how to play it.
    Seriously, skill descriptions are there to be read, and unless you need an oxford to decipher the grade 3 English and can't use a half pound of brain meat to connect the dots then you really have no earthly business playing ANY MMO..

Only class in this game that requires a bit of actual playing to get hang of is Psychic. Otherwise if you can't learn your class in couple of hours of playing it then you might want to try an easier game like H***o K***y On**** (purposely censored).

This game has the most boring grindfest of quests ever. Almost every single quests have to do with going to point A, talking to NPC, go to point B and kill xx number of mobs, then going back to point A and talking to NPC again to get your rewards. It's only fun 1st time around where this **** is all new to you.

By the way I've never bought FC heads, in fact I'm against it just for the record. But you should realize that without powerleveling this game wouldn't have as many old players still running around and would be long dead.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i don't mind Power lvling in general, i don't do it but that's my choice not too. i barely even BH any more. (i don't grind either when i run out of quests if i cbf'ed doing a bh i usually make an alt or play an exsisting alt)

what i dislike about power leveling is that it DOES spawn a lot of people who have no idea what the hell they are doing, BUT so does doing the old way of grinding of quests. I've had bad experiences with both, from barbs who never touched a frost, hyper or oracle not aggroing every mob when get gathers them to a cleric in faction who died 3 times in a bh i was helping in by running into Rankers AoE and then admitting to not knowing that she should lvl IH (she was squad healing on everything) and then next week she had frost her way up and is now 81 and still has no basic concept on her class.

Seriously Power leveling didn't bring in anything new. There has always been people who can not be bothered to read a skill description and can't play their class. Power leveling just made it so these people are found in higher squads now
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have a 101 BM, 100 Sin, 101 Archer, 97 Cleric, 93 Barb and NONE of them was hard to learn. I haven't done a single quest beyond lvl 20 on Barb yet I know how to play it.
    Seriously, skill descriptions are there to be read, and unless you need an oxford to decipher the grade 3 English and can't use a half pound of brain meat to connect the dots then you really have no earthly business playing ANY MMO..

Only class in this game that requires a bit of actual playing to get hang of is Psychic. Otherwise if you can't learn your class in couple of hours of playing it then you might want to try an easier game like H***o K***y On**** (purposely censored).

This game has the most boring grindfest of quests ever. Almost every single quests have to do with going to point A, talking to NPC, go to point B and kill xx number of mobs, then going back to point A and talking to NPC again to get your rewards. It's only fun 1st time around where this **** is all new to you.

By the way I've never bought FC heads, in fact I'm against it just for the record. But you should realize that without powerleveling this game wouldn't have as many old players still running around and would be long dead.
    I agree. People have sorely overrated how difficult this is. Nonetheless, there is some grey area as well. There is always a learning curve to playing a class, and really all powerleveling does is shift the learning curve higher, whereby there's a higher populace at higher levels therefore proportionately a higher level amount of morons who don't know how to play their class.

I leveled two characters past 90, don't remember if they were 100 by the time hyper came out, but damn close if not.. still, this attitude about how others levels generally stems from either jealousy of how others make money (can pair this with being a high level and wanting fewer people to attain it), or naivety in believing there were no idiots who attained a high level.

Some perspective would really help, and attacking the players for this when they're doing what players do really is barking up the wrong tree.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011

ok, let me get this straight, your saying, and correct me here, but only doing quests and "leveling the slow way" is the ONLY fun in this game what so ever. hate to tell u, it differs for each person, if a person wants to plvl and do high lvl stuff for fun, they have that right and u cant say otherwise cuz it dont fit with your oppinion. srsly ****. everyone has their own fun that they find.

this is the solid truth of the matter, learning a class doesnt require you to play it from lvls 1~90 in 8months, any competent player can learn how to play any class in a matter of hours. even if they start with the higher lvl instances, hell thats where you really learn since thats the stuff that wont be an easy 2shot. srsly instances below lvl 90 are a joke with the exception to polearm in fb69 and even then hes a joke when you learn how to do it. you honestly learn more from high lvl runs than anything else. and if u dont see that then u havent ever played a high lvl run to be completly honest.

but i love how my fake rage troll reply got so many responses^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    The only 'perspective' in this thread is the perspective of people that have been playing for a while.

Newcomers + hyper exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doodoobrown
    doodoobrown Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I started this game shortly before the tideborn expansion, my very first class(that i decided to make my main) luckily happened to be a sin, It took me a year or so to get to 100, Ive done every quest that I can all the dailes, the public quests, the BHs, TTs, OHTs, lunars, FCCs....

I wanted to explore the possiblities of other classes, latest being a cleric...I had no interest in doing it all over again, I wanted to get to the heart of it, running in squads....

playing as a sin in many squads Ive learned what roles other classes have, like Nael said, its not rocket science.....

Powerleveling myself has been a great advantage in this situation not only to myself in the sense of when Ive needed a FB, I wine and solo on my sin, when I had to do that dreadful 20-29 culti, I tagged follow on my sin and it killed all the mobs(and I even teamed all lowers in area too, bet they didnt complain) when I solod frost to lvl my char and it didnt sell, I gave it away for free(still had a benefit of getting many heads and mob xp)

My first squad instance I ran with my cleric was when i was 75 and it was a FCC it went slow due to lvls but it went smooth, no deaths, was very calculated, I took control let the squad know that it was my first FCC, the great part about being a powerleveled cleric in that sense was the fact that all my support skills are as maxed as they can be, and all my attack skills are lvl 1, I dont need them, cause I have my sin kill everything

So I dont see how a powerleveld cleric maxed buffs, heals and seals with nice gear and tons of channeling equip who knows what they are doing is a bad thing.....in fact Id bet a non powerleveled cleric cant say that....

I just wish that people who complain about powerleveling would quit tippy toeing around what really is causing them to write things like this and just own up to the real reason they dislike it, instead of this how we did it in the old days

I mean where are the cube of fate is BS, BH is BS, oracles are BH, threads? cube give 1m xp per run to 90+, what about pheonix valley? oracles were around and I know people bashed people for oracle leveling, but why complain?

I personally LOVE that people love to powerlevel, I can make MILLIONS a day selling a frost that I can run solo in an hour, and thats with a mediocre geared r8 2.86 sparked aps sin

and the best part is....im making that money while leveling my own character, and whats worse is Im powerleveling the very classes to run in squads that people complain daily about not being able to find, cleric, barb, and BM

something is wrong with some of you people
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    lolwut?

Caught the OP with his/her pants down there. Nicely done, kossy :p

b:victory

---
    EDIT: Yay! 1111 posts :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray