New Servers are Dead.

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Lol these servers are so dead this is west arch on the new servers http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-1222-19-41.jpg this is Momagannon there is like 20 catshops in west arch lost had 1 person in it and Plume had 1 person. so yeah.... i think there is an issue with the new servers needing players already. b:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, as I am from Norway I tried the german server to try some of the events I have never seen before, and do TW.

Been there for 3-4 days now and it's pretty empty all over the place.. Even culti quest there are only 0-2 players.

And when I saw that events will be in german.... ugh b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And you expected them to open the servers with players already in them? o_O'

Seriously, they haven't even been open a full week yet. Give them time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »

i expected more then 1 wc in 1 hour and more then 20 people to be playing not to mention the starter towns empty + arch empty.

checked out lothranis no people in plume and 17 catshops in West Arch. plus the Tiger event is still running while momagannon atleast had that completed http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-1222-40-43.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I am playing on the German server. During day time there are always 60+ ppl online from the faction I am in. During evening always 100+ ppl from my faction online. And that is just 1 faction. Far from dead I say.
  • maja2009
    maja2009 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    main problems are:
    - only pve server b:shocked
    - no character transfer to new server

all europeens on my friedlist will stay on US-Server
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I am playing on the German server. During day time there are always 60+ ppl online from the faction I am in. During evening always 100+ ppl from my faction online. And that is just 1 faction. Far from dead I say.

That don't count if you're the only faction on the server. b:chuckle

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think the rest of them are waiting for a pvp server to come out if anything.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You make me facepalm so much...

I guess you don't remember Dreamweaver or Harshlands after a week....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I must say it certainly doesn't help when non-German/ English speaking factions get told to gtfo for not speaking German. My faction is an international faction with English as a common language. Many Europeans wishing to play on the "German" server are not feeling particularly welcomed. I too am getting a bit tired of the nasty whispers from people telling me to "go back to my english server" when I recruit.

System messages and mob chat in German is fine, great in fact. Those of us who speak German are happy to translate for our guildies. But the rudeness and xenophobia from a segment of the German player base are not helping populate the server.

Think the servers are slow now? Imagine if all the non-German speakers left.

IJS.

That said, it has been a lot of fun starting from scratch, taking over 12 hours on the tiger event (and finally winning as a server working together), gold at only 800k, and watching people actually farming again. I'd very much like to see the servers succeed.
  • Ninja - Momaganon
    Ninja - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol these servers are so dead this is west arch on the new servers http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2011-07-1222-19-41.jpg this is Momagannon there is like 20 catshops in west arch lost had 1 person in it and Plume had 1 person. so yeah.... i think there is an issue with the new servers needing players already. b:chuckle

I spy myself in the picture O_o
    But Momaganon isn't really that dead. You should've counted all the people at the oracles because that's where a large portion of the playerbase is. And I personally haven't had any problems getting help with my fbs and culti and faction chat is certainly never dead. But compared to the old servers, yes the population is significantly smaller but it is growing steadily.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    maja2009 wrote: »
    main problems are:
    - only pve server b:shocked
    - no character transfer to new server

all europeens on my friedlist will stay on US-Server

NO ENG EU PVP server the biggest problem .....

i am 100% sure if they ever open 1 then will be more play than on fr or ger pve servers.

Most annoying thing is NO ONE give a answer if they plan to do a PVP ENG EU server or who wait for it better if choose 1 from eu end private servers, coz then 480+ ping isnt too great in US server.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    But of course, this was to be expected.

Not like anyone would want to move over to a server that is bound to have a ridiculously messed up economy for the free-to-play people. Even if that meant you could get into a high-level TW faction eventually and that you could participate in weekly events.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    edited July 2011
    That don't count if you're the only faction on the server. b:chuckle

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think the rest of them are waiting for a pvp server to come out if anything.

True if there was only 1 factiopn. Problem is that there are already to many faction. 2 major (Diamond$ and Warflame ~200 members) and alot of "small" (50-100 members).
    No, far from dead.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I doubt that european players who play pw for years on US servers might consider to move. Maybe with the time but giving up all gear, social contacts and maybe their possibility to pvp isn't a good deal.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I doubt that european players who play pw for years on US servers might consider to move. Maybe with the time but giving up all gear, social contacts and maybe their possibility to pvp isn't a good deal.

i want notice damn much player who got high lv with good gear on pw my and pw ms moved here and few now started again in new eu servers and wait for pvp server, few not start to play till pvp server out after pw ms fail (like me2) and still we can add the new player factor too.

seriously i see huge difference in lagg view point from my country.
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    edited July 2011

They dont give anything up. They start just an alt. And alot of EU ppl did that.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hmm let me think, it's a new server, 1 week old, yet esco expects there to be several hundred cat shops selling loads of TT/gears/rares/packs/mounts/fash/etc within 1 week? thus making arch west packed?

Also of course there won't be much people around the starter citys, heck on the german server, I'm always seeing a few newbies running about, not loads, but who cares, fact is there's some about at a slow speed and the server will gain numbers eventually, if not, then boo hoo, stay on your old server and stop complaining, you mirin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    gold at only 800k, and watching people actually farming again.

This is somewhat funny... only 800k?
    i remember when gold in Heaven's tear was only 90k. As for farming, from what i can tell in this thread people like to farm oracle mobs b:shutup

fail server is fail.

Normally starting up a server usually starts with a huge amount of people in starter city's, but if even starter places are empty at start, don't expect much people at all, now or in the future. But i've already predicted that this would turn into a failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011

The issue is that people aren't going to flock to join it.
    For instance, if they had released a new PVP server on the east or west coast, people would flock to it. Why? Because every competitive loser would see it as a chance to be "the best" on a new PVP server.

The problem with European servers? Europeans have either:

A) Tried playing the game before, realized the event times were horrible for them and quit, figuring they'll never get to play.

OR

B) Stayed anyways and played on an East coast server, now playing a character that required lots of hard work.

To top that off, the Americans aren't gonna touch these servers.

The servers need publicity. They need to advertise in Europe as the servers are released. The issue is that PWI either already advertised long ago or has yet to advertise in parts of Europe. The timing is horrible, THAT'S the problem.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nobody goes to french server unless want to learn it...is well know the love of french for englishb:laugh
    german server looks good and many talk english...if they get rid of that red msg that keep inform ppl is a german server will be heavy populated...maybe bilingual messages will be acceptableb:victory
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    From what I've seen Lothranis isn't anywhere near dead at the moment, there's plenty of people out and about gathering mats and questing. I'm the Director of a level 3 faction with over 150 members, 40-50 of which are on at any given time actively talking and questing. It's certainly a nice break from the drama, epeen stroking, and "WTB/WTS/WTT and LF FC" spam on world chat.

I'm amazed people haven't learned to ignore whatever Esco says, most of it is just plain stupid. Oh well *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    epeen stroking, and "WTB/WTS/WTT and LF FC" spam on world chat

At a week old, and already lvl 61, you are on a fast track back to all that jazz.....ijs
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You wait until they start merging the US servers together been through that a few times. You watch the economy **** (pardon me) it self under the weight of multiple characters and coin as it bombs the newer server.

Question is: Will PWI *merge* the east coast or west coast servers in the near future.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Played on German server and left very quickly. As English speaking player didn't feel welcome at all. German server for German players imo. I have to agree that the server was dead when I left. I appreciate it takes time to build a server but PWI have severely restricted who will play on them. Massive oversight imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • elinurel
    elinurel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If I spoke German, I would join in without even a second thought. Having a start-over on a silent server is welcomed, to just play for fun, relax, and have things my own way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    brent40 wrote: »
    At a week old, and already lvl 61, you are on a fast track back to all that jazz.....ijs

There's already multiple level 75+ and two level 79s on the server, though in all honestly.. I fail to see the point of your post in relation to the thread. OH MY GOD I GET IT NOW! No we aren't :( 3/4 the server are like.. 3x still o.o *is sleepy* QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Lol have fun duoing BH SoT/Metal/RB in NPC gear. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A few issues :

Ping isn't different from east coast servers for me and im from germany
    No PVP Server
    No EU all country server
    Ive read people who made a new account on the eu page pay euro for zen and the exchange rate is around 0.9 euro for 100 zen (i havnt confirmed this but if its true they pay a lot more than people who buy zen for us$)

This servers make no difference in ping only the event times are more convincing but the leak of a pvp server negate this. On the german forum people say they tired listening the same old song bla bla no pvp server bla bla. Well i guess they love their happy la la land with lots of free space you can roam all day and dont see anyone else. :)

Tbh this servers are made for people who dont know and dont play pwi yet. There is no real reason to switch over for good if you allready play pwi for a while on the us servers. And since i havn't seen any advertisement for pwi yet recently i guess they will fill sloooooowly.
    I hate Room 38
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    English not welcome on the German server? Whatever you do don't mention the war!

I personally went onto the French server just to see what was what. Etherblade was meh, 5 or 6 people. But the system messages were in Chinese for some reason.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You make me facepalm so much...
    I make you facepalm? And you don't think there might be a slight difference between a new English language server on a different coast than before with what was at the time still a fairly new game vs. a German language server in Europe now that PWI has been around for years? German is less commonly spoken than English and lots of people already have long established characters and relationships now, so fewer people will want to switch right away. Basically, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Anyways, my point was, give it time and it will fill up more. Six or seven days after opening is way too early to worry about such things. I'm sure there are lots of players out there who don't even know that there are European servers now (despite the notices in the launcher, etc...).
    I guess you don't remember Dreamweaver or Harshlands after a week....
    Nope, it was before I started playing (which was two years ago, last week). Which is part of the reason why there is such a difference between them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    We've seen the start of a lot of PWI servers so we have a reference point to compare too.

ON Raging tide City of the lost and starting quests were super active first few days, i was there lving. The Oracle lines soon stretched across the landscape and a barb named fuzzy wuzzy was making himself look cuddly on world chat.

Arch server start was about 1/2 the active players

New servers seem to have less than Arch, that being said... I'm sure people who play there will still be able to enjoy the game, and if they can the servers will be a success. I don't want to be a negative nelly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]