PWI future, is it really so drastic?

godprince
godprince Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I have not been very active in game for quite the time, but been playing since around 1 year and a half, enough to read and see how the game developed during that period of time. I saw the introduction of them fishies b:bye , the rise of the oh so mighty 5.0 APS b:surrender , and now the Earthguards and the recent opening of the two PvE European servers. First of all, I've always rather abstained myself from participating much in forums, since games forums are always source of either QQ or bashing the game or full of people who do both but already quit. I wouldn't be surprised if forums were classified as #1 reason for newbies to go away from a game. Hey, nothing's better than check out a game's forum, find lots of QQ and say "ah **** this".

So, we all know that sins are OP in 1 vs 1 PvP specially because they can deliver the first hit,we also know that in TW they are not efficient or as efficient as other classes (which could apply also to any class, be barb, bm or archer with 5 aps) We also know what a rough time magic classes have competing with 5 APS, unless you have a good guild or friends. This game has become P2W, so it becomes more gear vs gear than skill vs skill. There are some bugs that still need to be fixed. Etc.

There are a lot of people who keep saying "this game is dying", there are lots of people who say they dislike the game or what it has become. I mean, some people have been playing for over a year, and it is normal that you grow tired of a game and move on or RL catches up to you. Others simply quit but still lurk the forums with ofc nothing positive to bring, but there are always those that just talk and chill (minority?) And those that complain and throw the game to hell, but still stay and play.

The thing is, from my experience in MMORPGs, and in some of which they can literally be cosnidered almost dead (100-500 players active) what usually happens is this> old generation of players either quit because of a) bored b) this game sucks! However, other peeps will come in, try it out, quit or stay. People go, people come. You think it sucks, the newbies don't. And IMO that's what's kept this and many other games alive and populated. I loved this game when I tried it out, i was a wiz, then rerolled as an assassin (not because 5 APS or OP ****, in that time they weren't even considered OP) because I liked their playstyle (i was in love with stealth) With new EU server, that means the population will split even more (WRONG decision, really, if a game isn't awfully populated no need to make new server, just put reasonable TW and event hours, more servers it will just look like Jade Dynasty with 15 realms in each server and most empty since the map isn't small)

So what do you guys think? do you really think this will die soon (1-2 years)? or all these "let's bash PW" talk is exaggeration?
Post edited by godprince on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    godprince wrote: »
    So what do you guys think? do you really think this will die soon (1-2 years)? or all these "let's bash PW" talk is exaggeration?

Exaggeration.

People who leave will be replaced with new players. It doesn't even really matter, since high turnover rate = more people potentially paying money to PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Exaggeration.

People who leave will be replaced with new players. It doesn't even really matter, since high turnover rate = more people potentially paying money to PWE.

I strongly agree with this statement.

This is because there are always a newer generation of players. The old ones have played it, choose to leave or stay, and then move on. If they stay, okay that's fine. But if they leave, there's going to be another player that comes to "take their spot". New players tend to want to try out new games and if they haven't played before, they probably would play just to try it out. I was exactly like that and I experienced PWI for a year. Then I stopped for 9 months. Then I came back. Old players come and go, and sometimes, might come back again. I don't know if it all made sense, but all I want to say is: No, I don't think this game will die. You'll just constantly keep getting a bunch of QQers whining about every single little change that happens in the game because that is what they like to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There are a lot of people who keep saying "this game is dying"
    This has been said repeatedly by QQers on this forum ever since the Anniversary packs first appeared in the cashshop - which was now almost 2 years ago.
    Honestly, follow your own advice......stay away from the forums, or learn to to turn a blind eye to the continuous "this game is dead" talk that has been going on 2 years strong now.
    And also.....the forum population is anything but a 'majority' of the playerbase. Some people posting don't even play it anymore.
    So really, if you enjoy it, continue playing it.

The 'let's bash PWE' does get exxagerated. Sure they have made some bonehead moves...but honestly it does not matter what they do, someone will ALWAYS find a way to cry about anything they do.
  • Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any MMO, the "F2P" atleast, is dead one day. And that have nothing and do with the publishing, the gamers, the QQers or whatever.

Its simply the time, today i wouldnt dare and play games from old Amigatimes for example, sure sometimes its nice and have "the good old feeling" but thats all, that means not i would play it all the time.

Simply like this...
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any MMO, the "F2P" atleast, is dead one day. And that have nothing and do with the publishing, the gamers, the QQers or whatever.

Its simply the time, today i wouldnt dare and play games from old Amigatimes for example, sure sometimes its nice and have "the good old feeling" but thats all, that means not i would play it all the time.

Simply like this...

I didn't mean it like that. Of course time comes for every game to die, very few last that much. PWI is not old anyways, if PWI was old I can take out a list of other thousand games with the same functionality and similar
    graphics. But yea i get what u say and I agree 100%.

EDIT: By the way I'm the OP but for some weird reason when I posted gave me an error and posted like that, couldn't even edit the first post.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can name a MMO that has been "dying" since 1999, Along side many other MMOs following since that date. All according to people on the forums.
    re
    edited July 2011
    I didn't mean it like that. Of course time comes for every game to die, very few last that much. PWI is not old anyways, if PWI was old I can take out a list of other thousand games with the same functionality and similar
    graphics. But yea i get what u say and I agree 100%.

EDIT: By the way I'm the OP but for some weird reason when I posted gave me an error and posted like that, couldn't even edit the first post.

This other "deadtalking" u just can ignore^^ I play online since round about 14 years now, and in every game u found this kind of ppl who means that the game is dead soon. Normally this starts exactly one day after the Beta, latest at the first cashshop modify, like a sale or new stuff in.
  • DarkBalls - Harshlands
    DarkBalls - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    With new EU server, that means the population will split even more (WRONG decision, really, if a game isn't awfully populated no need to make new server, just put reasonable TW and event hours, more servers it will just look like Jade Dynasty with 15 realms in each server and most empty since the map isn't small)

I am not sure where you take this idea from. Did you do a market research? I am sure PWE did. The new servers are clearly designed to attract new players, I don't think a lot of current players will leave the NA servers, as there is no character transfer.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    I am not sure where you take this idea from. Did you do a market research? I am sure PWE did. The new servers are clearly designed to attract new players, I don't think a lot of current players will leave the NA servers, as there is no character transfer.

You do know PWE does not always make the right choices right? With lots of servers comes less player per server. I cited as example Jade Dynasty, each server has 15 realms, so the actual playerbase is divided by 15, how populated does each realm feel? Ghostly. Putting more reasonable event times would do better. Few are those who will switch unless they are newbies, old players won't be willing to level up again or pay if they were cash shoppers since as you said, there is no character transfer. But maybe I can be wrong.

P.S: talking about this, what's currently the most average populated servers? I was always a LC guy, oldest server if i remember right and PvP is a must for me.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I think (no research but i dont think u did either) alot of the EU players will make at least an alt on one of the EU servers.
    That means that the NA servers will be less populated for some time.
    And I think that alot of EU players WILL change from server (at least I hope).
    And I think that after a while alot of EU players will make their alt their main.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    I think (no research but i dont think u did either) alot of the EU players will make at least an alt on one of the EU servers.
    That means that the NA servers will be less populated for some time.
    And I think that alot of EU players WILL change from server (at least I hope).
    And I think that after a while alot of EU players will make their alt their main.

It is a possibility. However, it is more likely new EU players will go there, and just a small amount of EU players in these servers move there, and IMO I bet all the high levels would not pay/level all the way there again.

One thing to note is, all the people wanting EU players to move to the servers, u have to see it like this: if a lot of EU players actually were to transfer, it is still splitting up the population, unless a good influx of new EU players joined the new servers as well, your 2 EU servers would have also a ridiculous low population.
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think when most people say this game is dieing they don't actually mean server shut down and will be gone. However they do mean lose a good portion of the player base and it will become not really a big fun active mmo that new people flock to.

If you don't think this go to all the starter towns and try to find new people for a few hours. You won't really, it is mostly alts or no one. For years even in dragon quest towns there were 5-10 people when you went there. New players do not really come here anymore. Sure few here and there but not like they used to. I've been on the MY servers, all of Int servers, private servers and i have never in the last 4+ years playing this game seen it so empty of fresh blood. What does that mean? Means when old people quit, and new ones aren't coming in, the game is "Dieing"

Sorry but it is not F2P anymore, and any of you "take things way to literal kids" can argue sure it is and blah blah blah, but if you think a new player can make it without CS, you will be looking long and hard for one and you have no outside perspective. This isn't about your char from 2 years ago you worked so hard on, it is about the new people to keep things fresh and exciting, and they can not play this anymore without high real life costs or wait way too long participating in any TW, PVP, End game dungeon etc. It wouldn't be an issue if the low level stuff was still done, but it isn't since there is no other new players. So it's 1 year of boredom before you can participate in the commutnity or CS and spend much more you would on any ps3/p2p/xbox pc game out there. Wow that sounds like something i want to begin playing.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Take a trip around all or most servers. I checked 4 servers 1 week ago, starting areas(not towns since some towns have couple of medium-high lvl) were in this order average counting all 5: 16, 8, 19, 9. The issue would be to count how many leave and how many join. It isn't like 30 ppl quit per day and only 10 come in. That would be something.

It has become P2W, but there are ways to avoid spending hundreds of $$ and still have fun. Some people like to play the hard challenging way as well. It isn't old PWI anymore, but as long as there's a newbie influx, things will keep going, and moreover, i should also say "as long as good money goes in, PWE will be happy"

I saw the game before the tideborn expansion, so I kinda know what ways this game took, and sure, when I log in, I can actually say that this wasn't like the old times. However, new players don't know old times, they just know what it is now. They don't know if they are gonna have to spend hundreds, thousands of bucks, and theres always the 2% who does indeed spend that much because simply they can.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    EDIT: Stupid forum is acting stupid again, just showing 5% of my post, and I can't delete it.
    edited July 2011

Sorry but it is not F2P anymore,

Exactly this is the problem of ppls thinking. Theres not one game out what is really F2P or u get popup-smashed in a third class Browsergame.

Games are just made for exactly one reason, earn money on it. Noone makes something just because hes in a good mood and want ppl to entertain for a smile, its all about money. Sure there are always ppl who really play it for free, but would noone pay, the game would simply not exsist anymore.

And what is wrong and pay whatever 20 Bucks/month, u have something from it a whole month, go once in the cinema with popcorn+drink is even more expensive and u maybe have fun 2 hours.

And if u start a game new, whats 2 year live now and want reach this what other have reached in 2 years in 1 month, sure u need to pay more to catch up. Thats in PWI exactly the same like in all other games out there.

And to say there are coming no new ppl is is definitive wrong. First its sure less new ppl than 2 years ago, of course if i start here i know i need to catch up 2 years.
    U dont see much ppl in starter towns? Yes sure, on all this lvl-up extras, just this new Gear when u start, how long time takes u the start area? 1 day maybe 2 ? When i startet it have take me weeks around there, not exactly but u know what i mean. Its a huuuge amount easier and lvl up now.
    I run dozens of fb's during the time i play and at least in every second squad are 1,2,3 really fresh ppl, u know this who are impressed about ur lvl, dont nerf u that u should run faster even ask u for questbosses ect.

The reason ppl think there are no fresh meat is smply they dont do lowlvl stuff anymore, who really bother and help a fb29 or even notice it if someone ask not in WC.

AAAAnd if the "old players" want more fresh meat, they should not act like mental handicapped against new players. I read it more or less every day,

"u want to do quests? why dont u buy gold and ask for plvl"
    "whats ff and plvl"
    "boah not one more noob"
    "would u help me now"
    "**** up noob, i have better things and do"
    ..the next duel starts...

b:surrender
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Hehe, that's true also. F2P games are rarely "free", company has to make money somehow. And apparently, despite complaints, PWE is making money.

Anyways, I did scan the starting areas, and saw a healthy number of new players. I played a good couple of F2P MMORPG, and they are all about the same. Free to play, with a big cash shop to benefit those who pay. Couple of months ago I tried out Bloodline Champions, F2P game. The ONLY thing you could buy in shop is the champions, outfits, sexy weapons that didn't actually increase your damage or efficiency. You could buy 1 of the 2 versions, one costing around $80, or just buy in game currency to buy anything you like. You'd be surprised how many people pay, a lot. Why would you want to buy a champion? they have 3-4 champions available for f2p ppl, but changes every 2-4 days to other 3-4 champions.

It's all the same with F2p mmos b:bye
  • O_o - Lost City
    O_o - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This game will survive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solar_one - Sanctuary
    Solar_one - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The reason ppl think there are no fresh meat is smply they dont do lowlvl stuff anymore, who really bother and help a fb29 or even notice it if someone ask not in WC.

+1 I so agree with what you say here i do see a lot of new ppl asking for help in fb 29 (mainly BH ) but there are a few new ppl too i do help on occasion but not all the time .
    and what better way to get new ppl involved in this game and just maybe some of them will stay on and play it longer
    I know myself when i started it was hard to get any help unless it was a FB (no BH's in those days) and was about to move on from PW but i did get help and i stayed on and to this day even with all the changes i still just play for fun chat to friends and have a good time . I think too many take this game too seriously and forget its really is just a game.
    not real life
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    This is exactly what i mean. Take things so literal. Should i count how many people are joining on a daily basis next time? I understand new people join, i don't think the number is 0. I do however think it is not a healthy amount. You all see some people ask for BH help and assume lots of new people are joining? I know how it works now, i know there is the fast way of leveling, i did it on this character. I know FB's are worthless unless culti, i know most breeze through fb's in 2 min with lvl 100s, Jewlscalen and other bosses been long forgotten, i know open world questing is a rarity. What next, someone is going to come on and say "Oh i saw 2 people doing Eyes yesteday"? Do the lot of you even know what boss that is?

Give me a break, you all come on these forums and pick apart things people say just to say them, but it is very clear, less people play this game then in the past, less people start this game then in the past. You can say all you want about how this isn't the past and the game is different but fact of the matter is that less people is bad. Fresh blood is extremely important to the health of a game, not because it's "noobs to pk", but because you need people to offset the ones that leave, and make it fun and competive for the ones that stay. For the company they need them for a new source of cash flow when the old ones leave. If not they will just continue to gauge the ones that are here, sound familiar?

Does this mean i think the game is dead or going to be gone in 2 months? No of course not, but it is going downhill which leads to a dieing game. I am not saying all should quit, i am not saying this game is atrocious and don't play, i am not saying it is wrong to throw money into it. All i am saying is the player base is declining as the reliance on cash shop has increased to a point where in order to enjoy some of the greatest parts of this game, you need to use it.

Just because some of you 60s-90s still find TT parties, or BH's in your little guild, or made some cool friends along the way, it's the masses that count. You can lecture each person on every post and take the other side. There is always someone, but in the end if you don't see this going downhill, you are completely blind and live in your own little corner of PW
  • HeavyMyst - Raging Tide
    HeavyMyst - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just like the Owl City song says; Old Captains and brand new cruise ships, this game will get older, but chances are, it won't die out.

I think the main problem most people have with the PW Devs, is that they keep adding new things to the game, without adressing the current problems where most of the rage is. Honestly, if all people are gonna do it complain, they should find a new game. Not saying your complaining.
  • GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    GhostDuck, to compare statistics and have an idea, you HAVE to take things literally such as the influx of new ppl vs the ones leaving. The fact that there are less people joining than before can be because of more reasons, this game is not fresh anymore, you can't compare a shiny new game where lots of peeps join (despite if they quit or stay) to a game that has already been rolling for some years, obviously the number of people joining decreases.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The game isn't keeping up. Bugs aren't being fixed. New content is extremely rare and when we do get it, mediocre at best. It's become stagnant and more and more people are reaching 100 only to find that there is nothing to do there. Combine that with new games being released every day of a higher quality, means the game will decline. When PWI first came out, it was probably the best F2P game out there. But since then there have been little changes. New content of a decent quality hasn't been seen in over a year. Yet since then we have had a lot of games come out that are better than PWI. LoL has since been released, APB reloaded, valve made TF2 free to play, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    All games die eventually, therefore all games are constantly dying.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have not been very active in game for quite the time, but been playing since around 1 year and a half, enough to read and see how the game developed during that period of time. I saw the introduction of them fishies b:bye , the rise of the oh so mighty 5.0 APS b:surrender , and now the Earthguards and the recent opening of the two PvE European servers. First of all, I've always rather abstained myself from participating much in forums, since games forums are always source of either QQ or bashing the game or full of people who do both but already quit. I wouldn't be surprised if forums were classified as #1 reason for newbies to go away from a game. Hey, nothing's better than check out a game's forum, find lots of QQ and say "ah **** this".

So, we all know that sins are OP in 1 vs 1 PvP specially because they can deliver the first hit,we also know that in TW they are not efficient or as efficient as other classes (which could apply also to any class, be barb, bm or archer with 5 aps) We also know what a rough time magic classes have competing with 5 APS, unless you have a good guild or friends. This game has become P2W, so it becomes more gear vs gear than skill vs skill. There are some bugs that still need to be fixed. Etc.

There are a lot of people who keep saying "this game is dying", there are lots of people who say they dislike the game or what it has become. I mean, some people have been playing for over a year, and it is normal that you grow tired of a game and move on or RL catches up to you. Others simply quit but still lurk the forums with ofc nothing positive to bring, but there are always those that just talk and chill (minority?) And those that complain and throw the game to hell, but still stay and play.

The thing is, from my experience in MMORPGs, and in some of which they can literally be cosnidered almost dead (100-500 players active) what usually happens is this> old generation of players either quit because of a) bored b) this game sucks! However, other peeps will come in, try it out, quit or stay. People go, people come. You think it sucks, the newbies don't. And IMO that's what's kept this and many other games alive and populated. I loved this game when I tried it out, i was a wiz, then rerolled as an assassin (not because 5 APS or OP ****, in that time they weren't even considered OP) because I liked their playstyle (i was in love with stealth) With new EU server, that means the population will split even more (WRONG decision, really, if a game isn't awfully populated no need to make new server, just put reasonable TW and event hours, more servers it will just look like Jade Dynasty with 15 realms in each server and most empty since the map isn't small)

I know your feeling man I do now I am trying to get "your best" wish to work but I can not do it without your support on my thread thats a "simple" solution in theory within reason to a hellish problem.
    which is a solution to the problem. The problem is that to much willful CSing is causing people who like to play for free to not be able to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    No, when a company wants to see their numbers you take things literal as to the exact numbers and what you can do to improve them. When people say things like "this game is dieing, there are no clerics and barbs anymore, everyone rolls sins, you can't participate in endgame without cash shopping, etc" not everyone has to take it so literal.

Overall Population decreasing compared to the past increasing = People say game is dieing
    Less barbs and clerics as proportion to the overall numbers = People say there are none
    Tons of sins = People say there are only aps sins now
    Tons of cashshopping and end game gear bought in cash shop = casual and f2p players cannot achive the same in a reasonable amount of time to participate = people say P2P, P2W

People need to read behind posts instead of just dispute what people say in 5 sentences on a forum post.

I have never said this game sucks, i have never said this game is absurd, i have never said there are 0 new players, i have never said servers will shut down in 2 weeks. All i said is when tons of people say a game is dieing and then leaving, it is a bad bad sign. Don't take it so literal, you know what they mean so saying you saw 4 people ask for BH doesn't dispute that the general population is down. Because you farmed some TT gears doesn't dispute that is a million times more difficult to get parties for the gear. Seeing a cleric doesn't mean there are plenty of them playing. Take away 100% of peoples alts and tell me there is 2/3rds the amount of active players from a year ago and i'd be shocked. That is bad anyway you slice it

A company can adapt/improve the game and keep it thriving, many have succeeded, or can ignore it and let it "die out". Again thats not to say the server will shut down tomorrow.
    edited July 2011
    No, when a company wants to see their numbers you take things literal as to the exact numbers and what you can do to improve them. When people say things like "this game is dieing, there are no clerics and barbs anymore, everyone rolls sins, you can't participate in endgame without cash shopping, etc" not everyone has to take it so literal.

Overall Population decreasing compared to the past increasing = People say game is dieing
    Less barbs and clerics as proportion to the overall numbers = People say there are none
    Tons of sins = People say there are only aps sins now
    Tons of cashshopping and end game gear bought in cash shop = casual and f2p players cannot achive the same in a reasonable amount of time to participate = people say P2P, P2W

People need to read behind posts instead of just dispute what people say in 5 sentences on a forum post.

I have never said this game sucks, i have never said this game is absurd, i have never said there are 0 new players, i have never said servers will shut down in 2 weeks. All i said is when tons of people say a game is dieing and then leaving, it is a bad bad sign. Don't take it so literal, you know what they mean so saying you saw 4 people ask for BH doesn't dispute that the general population is down. Because you farmed some TT gears doesn't dispute that is a million times more difficult to get parties for the gear. Seeing a cleric doesn't mean there are plenty of them playing. Take away 100% of peoples alts and tell me there is 2/3rds the amount of active players from a year ago and i'd be shocked. That is bad anyway you slice it

A company can adapt/improve the game and keep it thriving, many have succeeded, or can ignore it and let it "die out". Again thats not to say the server will shut down tomorrow.

ghost check my thread pls thanks see you there.b:byeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    @GhostDuck

Yeah, I get what you are saying now. However, those "tons" of people are mostly in forums and some if not most have already quit or are not almost active. The population is less than years ago, and it is in part due to numerous faults of the game, but it is also in part the fact that PWI is not new and shiny, and that there are other options and some of them are better. I don't think the population has decreased SOOO drastically but u r right it has.

@Rawrgh
    But hell, that is like me discussing with a fan of run-escape, horrible graphics browser game (IMO), combat is dull, the answer from them would be something like "its browser game so ts easy to play, and u can do lots of stuff!" and I still wouldn't understand what on earth can be possibly fun about that game (and I tried it out ofc) compared to others. Competition is not that much of a big deal.

But that's when the flaws of the game kick in. It is true, that casual and f2p ppl have a hell of a harder time, maybe finding a party endgame or those who don't go for 5 APS because they don't want/didn't know about the actual situation. Also, endgame IMO funnest thing to do is PvP, I personally like the challenge and don't care for CS, some ppl don't, or should i say most. And it is true, what those CS did in a couple of days or weeks, you have to work ur butt off for months if not more. I don't worry about competition, and I'm sure that won't be the end of PW, or at least would be the last of the reasons. There's always a better game.

Anyways, ppl go ppl come, and lol @ DaKillanator, that's so true b:laugh
    edited July 2011
    @GhostDuck

Yeah, I get what you are saying now. However, those "tons" of people are mostly in forums and some if not most have already quit or are not almost active. The population is less than years ago, and it is in part due to numerous faults of the game, but it is also in part the fact that PWI is not new and shiny, and that there are other options and some of them are better. I don't think the population has decreased SOOO drastically but u r right it has.

@Rawrgh
    But hell, that is like me discussing with a fan of run-escape, horrible graphics browser game (IMO), combat is dull, the answer from them would be something like "its browser game so ts easy to play, and u can do lots of stuff!" and I still wouldn't understand what on earth can be possibly fun about that game (and I tried it out ofc) compared to others. Competition is not that much of a big deal.

But that's when the flaws of the game kick in. It is true, that casual and f2p ppl have a hell of a harder time, maybe finding a party endgame or those who don't go for 5 APS because they don't want/didn't know about the actual situation. Also, endgame IMO funnest thing to do is PvP, I personally like the challenge and don't care for CS, some ppl don't, or should i say most. And it is true, what those CS did in a couple of days or weeks, you have to work ur butt off for months if not more. I don't worry about competition, and I'm sure that won't be the end of PW, or at least would be the last of the reasons. There's always a better game.

Anyways, ppl go ppl come, and lol @ DaKillanator, that's so true b:laugh

Ya now no offense but please shut up an listen a sec. What if I told you the fix. A fix so big. It said OMG EPIC! but you did not like the idea.b:surrender I edit because I need you to take "this" to my thread What if PWI gave us what we want... see ya there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• GodHero - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Ya now no offense but please shut up an listen a sec. What if I told you the fix. A fix so big. It said OMG EPIC! but you did not like the idea.b:surrender I edit because I need you to take "this" to my thread What if PWI gave us what we want... see ya there

And let me tell you something, stop bumping every single thread flooding them telling them to go to your thread. I already posted there.
    edited July 2011
    if you check the time frame from reply to reply the problem you seem to lack seeing is. I do not spend hours constantly checking forums. So I at some point have to go back to my life. thanks now the problem as said is fixable but not likely how we as a player base want it. back to the thread I made again.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.