PWI future, is it really so drastic?

2»

Comments

• Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The game will die eventually, everything dies eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The game isn't keeping up. Bugs aren't being fixed. New content is extremely rare and when we do get it, mediocre at best. It's become stagnant and more and more people are reaching 100 only to find that there is nothing to do there. Combine that with new games being released every day of a higher quality, means the game will decline. When PWI first came out, it was probably the best F2P game out there. But since then there have been little changes. New content of a decent quality hasn't been seen in over a year. Yet since then we have had a lot of games come out that are better than PWI. LoL has since been released, APB reloaded, valve made TF2 free to play, etc.
    Another of the rare occasions I agree with Rawrgh on anything. -_-

In general, I would characterize it as PWI dying a "slow death." Some of the stuff is fixable and the devs would have every license to fix it (such as 5aps), if they actually tried. >_> But some other stuff, like r9 gear and the cannibalizing of the rep system... those were introduced as actual "features," and a system of faux-dependence on r8 gear has resulted. In cases like these, the solution to return balance to the game would be to remove r9 gears entirely, and revert the rep system to what it used to be. But there are very big reasons why they can't do that, not the least of which is the forum outrage. I mean, yeah, PWE can take a financial hit if all the former r9s quit. That's not so much the problem. The problem is that you will never, ever convince someone who takes advantage of a broken system, that the very system they take advantage of must be nerfed or eliminated entirely in order to ensure the sustainability of the game.

There are things that the devs and PWE should never have done in the first place. But now that they're there, fixing them is nigh impossible. Hence, slow death.

As for the OP's point about newbies - heh. Makes me think of a certain video game / game system company who has screwed over their old base in order to milk money from casual gamers in recent years (and I think we all know which one that is). >_> It's the equivalent of selling your soul. It's not about making a good product anymore, it's about making a cash cow. Hooray for "modern" capitalism. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Technically, MMOs don't die unless the company closes the servers. With PW, I doubt that will happen for a long time. They're apparently very persistent about keeping things running despite endless complaints that have been happening since the beginning. As for players, they keep coming and going (and paying), despite bad publicity over the internet about the company's mistakes. Therefore, we must determine if the game has died based on different criteria. I suggest that we consider the quality of the game itself. If the game has degraded in quality so much that many aspects of it are fundamentally unplayable due to frustration and endless complaints, then it could be considered "dead" since it is largely unplayable. By that logic, could the game already be dead? Is it a walking zombie even now? We're definitely seeing endless complaints about various frustrations. Is it enough to label the game unplayable and thus dead?

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would probably still be playing if the population were anything like it was during 2009.

I think the number of players actually playing the game is far less than perceived.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this is true I know it is but I can't show exact figures. Please listen a second to what I tell you.

PWI has a few problems with it these are fixable.
    The problems that keep happening are being requested by the actual playerbase.

Things that to people who will gladely pay for them in theory will literally pay cash.
    the problem you encounter now is people who both like to play free but can pay a little bit but not much at all end up feeling compelled to pay to play. This is not entirely true. Yet the people who do have some extra cash can do it since its more easy to then not to for comfort ingame.

Then you have the problem of people who sad to actually say it but its 100% true can NOT ever pay to play this game at all so to play it freely they DO get persecuted for that and feel unwelcome.

The problem that you have is both heavy Cash Shoppers and very light cash shoppers that can exsist with the people who can not cash shop to actually begin the game freely,without persecution for it.b:surrender

I know this I also know more things then this. Such as PWI likely has so many actual inactive players that are not literally inactive but they "appear" to be that they seem invisible.

The place those people seem to exsist is both in forums or on their hidden alts.
    This means that people who do not play the game as they are ment to, then delete their charaters they do not play anymore and leave them behind. Are inactive on a server they do not willfully play now. Yet they go there at request from friends if wanted there.

I know I did this to be with people I love and care for but I do not need my old server in my eyes anymore. So now I have a problem= cash I spent on a server I no longer play for fun because to go to the server I enjoyed I feel persecuted to go there. So I paid for something I wanted then and no longer want now but I do not "finish" the job I have to to make "somethings" easier for PWI.b:surrender

That is delete all my old charaters on a Heaven Tear server while not giving things I paid for to people on the server I care about because I know they do not need them, but want them and the server is so figuratively dead as I once knew it I no longer know literally if my "friends exsist" anymore. Simple answer to a solution I know I have to do but do not want to do. Now the next problem is this. I am going to because I play on the arch server now. Update my forum info again and hope my join date does not **** up again.b:surrender

Simple answers exsist but we do not want to do them all. This goes for the playerbase the PWI staff and the figurative man. They NEED to be done. We know they do but we do not know what they need to do to make it happen. We then procrastinate and move on without finishing what we started. The cycle repeats so much that the forum mods give up and figuratively quit trying to fix the forums. Then the GM's who can fix the game need to go into a game on I think 8 servers now. They need to find fixes and then figuratively die out of frusteration they see coming again. With only a hand full of GM's with entire knowledge of everything that can be done ingame and not get "caught" trying to find fixes or appear since they feel persecuted for "showing" up ingame. As they have to at times but fear for the mass pm based spam they generally get of both good and bad.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>