[Server Maintenance Tonight] 7-5-2011 [COMPLETED]

12346»

Comments

• Arellys - Harshlands
    Arellys - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Make a PvP one and then we talk if ppl go there.

and... English. Or well.. preferably why not Spanish???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arellys [Demon Cleric 101]
  • LadyCrevan - Archosaur
    LadyCrevan - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They should have made it like this:

[EU - PVE] Momaganon
    [EU - PVE] Lothranis

Nonsense of FR and DE uhg...

Btw, on the site the servers are listed under East-Coast? b:faint
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2011

oh I agree on this one lol I see many spanish speakers have a really hard time in gaming, although the game would be still in english for em so there's no point xD LEARN ENGLISH <3 :] - coming from a Mexican ;P
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • DolIy - Sanctuary
    DolIy - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    question :o
    do both new servers share the same name storage database ?

ty that is all b:bye
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    question :o
    do both new servers share the same name storage database ?

ty that is all b:bye

They share databases with each other, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Frollo - Sanctuary
    Frollo - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So they do, wondering if that is permanent or if just rigged it up that way temporarily. That would be a bit silly but, possible.
  • Cilka_CZ - Heavens Tear
    Cilka_CZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having Server maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for this week's maintenance question..

If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?

pls i have question - i have many charakters on heavenst tear (Server) .....is posible transportation this charakters on the German Server - pwe momaganon ? pls im from Europe and this option would please me.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    pls i have question - i have many charakters on heavenst tear (Server) .....is posible transportation this charakters on the German Server - pwe momaganon ? pls im from Europe and this option would please me.

It isn't possible. Sorry.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It isn't possible. Sorry.

You mean PWE wont do it for some obscure reason.

Isnt possible is lies and we all know it.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Isn't possible as it they don't allow that possibility. No need to exaggerate.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011

oh I agree on this one lol I see many spanish speakers have a really hard time in gaming, although the game would be still in english for em so there's no point xD LEARN ENGLISH <3 :] - coming from a Mexican ;P

Another company has exclusive rights to presenting the game in Spanish, which is the key reason (I'm sure) that a Spanish server/client wasn't released by PWE.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why is the chat filter still not fixed? I cant PM some friends still, just change it back to the old filter ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Why is the chat filter still not fixed? I cant PM some friends still, just change it back to the old filter ._.
    You could PM Frankie with the names letting him know what still needs to be fixed (even though i thought it was fixed already >< ).
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011

If we could do it, I believe we would. Server transfers are a common thing for many mmos, and one that even p2p games profit from.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If we could do it, I believe we would. Server transfers are a common thing for many mmos, and one that even p2p games profit from.

Copy item ID.

Paste item ID

???

PROFIT?!
  • DolIy - Sanctuary
    DolIy - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    idk how it would be possible tbh..
    if ur talkin about transfering (ie) a char from sanc to dw, wut if there is another char w/the same name ? wouldnt that get confusing & take a lot to register into the system ? or could ppl only transfer their chars if no1 had the name on the other server ?b:question
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Transfering chars is a win win easy profit for PWE, I can't believe they haven't used it, it is after all another way for them to get money. It will make almost everybody happy, and many mmos have it. I don't see why this can't have it, you guys seem to avoid implementing all that would make this community happy. And I believe there isn't an engine limitation to do so, the only problem would be that, the name thing, which could be solved by: 1. changing the chars name when transfering if needed (c'mon, easy peezy), 2. instead of making it that one server can't have 2 chars with the same name, make it server-wide, so there can't be 2 chars with the same name in any of the servers. #2 would be useless, we already have tons of ppl playing. #1 is viable.b:bye

@DolIy maybe an extra fee if that happens?

You can apply that to like um...if the devs could fix the bugs, I believe they would. Well not really. I can't think of an engine limitation for this game that would prevent char transfer, was PWI built on some kind of alien coding?
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    was PWI built on some kind of alien coding?

Long story short, yes, yes it was.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Copy item ID.

Paste item ID

???

PROFIT?!
    Yeah... it's actually not that easy.

For example, it appears that items themselves have IDs that point to other server-specific things, such as who created it, that wouldn't exist on the other server. Characters too have all sorts of interrelated tags, such as the "Friends List", so moving a character also means either checking everyone on the server to remove links to the moved character (a HUGE waste of CPU time) so you can clear out the moved data or pointing to a "nonexistent" character, which means that nobody can use the moved character's name on its original server (e.g. requires wasting database space and blocking an unused name, effectively the same as giving you another character that you'll never use). And there appear to be are all sorts of logs too that are used to detect cheating and deal with thefts that could get really screwed up by this kind of thing. Imagine someone stealing people's stuff somehow, and then transferring servers to effectively wipe their logs clean.

In short, the data is a mass of interrelated pointers, and successfully untangling it so that a proper move could be done would require too much programming effort and CPU time that it's not actually worth it. PW's DB structure simply wasn't made with character transfer in mind.

The copying from A to B probably wouldn't be too difficult if you stripped out the tags or replaced them with some "default" (though there might be some odd side effects to that), but the removing/hiding of the old data on the original server would be either be ugly and slow or just wasteful; and in both cases, it could potentially be used for abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • GodHero - Lost City
    GodHero - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Now that's a real response. So there are tags correlated with the character that would take a long time to strip down and could potentially be used for abuse. But, we (or at least I) never said server transfer should be free. It could carry a potentially expensive price. There are people already that spend hundreds, so adding a significant fee should do the trick and prevent abuse. After all, server transfer would be a service worth paying for IF the need aroused. It wouldn't be a waste if the company actually got payed for the service, and it wouldn't be useless because some players do really want a server transfer. Having that would be a great advantage.