[Server Maintenance Tonight] 7-5-2011 [COMPLETED]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having Server maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for this week's maintenance question..

If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Patch Notes Version 540
    Released July 6, 2011

Chat Filter
    We have relaxed the chat filters. If you have a name that is still being censored, please see this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1128291.

European Servers
    We are proud to announce that our European servers are now up! Lothranis (French) and Momaganon (German) are waiting to be explored!

b:kiss
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    okie dokie:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thank Goodness!!!! b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully some long awaited fixes (filter, Jones Blessing, hell, anything?) are taken care of.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having Server maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for this week's maintenance question..

If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?

Lol.
    /10char
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yay first page? b:victory
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully some long awaited fixes (filter, Jones Blessing, hell, anything?) are taken care of.

I lost hope in such things getting fixed within a reasonable timeframe a long time ago, if ever.
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yay joy to the world!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    About time! >.< don't forget my stuff this time.

I pick the rose gold gourd, low maintenance and I can fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yay!

Hopefully it will be PWI Anniversary Wings! b:pleased

And hopefully there will be lvl brackets for that arena even so it will be more fair as well. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And lets hope Duke won't be accidentally back this week b:chuckle However I look forward to seeing the filter fixed, and possibly other urging issues as well. Happy maintenance day everyone!
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Updated Badwordlist v540 (including german and french): removed
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wonder what we will get this time... I hope for all the cencored players that they will get their full names back in chat and can play normaly again... b:chuckle

Awnser to the question: Sepheric mist would be awesome... Or if it's for mount only I'f like that dark pegagus... I'd call it Shadow... If something like that could realy happen I'd just go and fly around the entire world and seeing beautifull places (and act like a hero every now and then)... Flying (without a place) just seems so awesome to me... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Battleshred - Heavens Tear
    Battleshred - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hmm fingers crossed that pwi does more good than bad this patch, but chances are low b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No sale pl0x
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think the concensus is we want a damn rep sale!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any flying mount irl? Brilliant Plumes. *.* Why would I give my wings a nickname though? XD

<_< I don't care what the sale is this week, as long as you fix the censor you broke last maint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lul pwi doing more good than bad? thats blasphemy. my monies on the duke returning... yet again... no chat filter fix.... oh and ofc an oracle sale to compliment the new servers^^.

as for my mount... i'd like the violet shimmering... badass lookin fly sword... which ofc pwi hasnt implemented yet ~_~ i'd name it sparky for lulz i guess o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any PWI mount in real life? I'm not sure what I'd do with Nikodemus if he were real, I can't see trying to stand on his back while in flight, no matter how big... That, and he'd probably spend the evening hunting deer to munch on (bird's gotta eat, after all). A pair of wings would probably be more practical, I guess.

I'd rather just see a vid contest to give someone else the opportunity PWI gave me, two years ago. How'bout it Frankie? Less risk of art theft that way.
    (PS: Felizia's spotlight in newspost batch tonight?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • CrystalSkye - Heavens Tear
    CrystalSkye - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    yayy maint finally b:cuteb:victory
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    my favourite fly mount is tat Seeker/Mystic's kite tat looks like a woman with pink skin, its really pretty and i liked it because women are the prettiest thing created by good, and also i can play and touch my fly mount.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Oh what would I nickname my rose gold gourd? Gourdan, gourdy for short. And he would be my gourd. Low maintenance after all. I'd travel the world on him. Maybe freak random people out if I saw them being mean to others by leaving them on top of roofs and such. Quit bullying that kid or I'm gonna put you in detention XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ****ing kidding me? *looks at the swear list* You forgot a major one.... "Eat Me"
    "Nirvy Boss: You will never def******!"

There's plenty of other ones that are just plain stupid as well. We all know that this filter won't help anything, it infact makes problems worse by having people search filtered words >.>

Ah well... that just goes to show the amount of "work" done in the pwe offices...
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As hinted at by bladerunnerdm, the latest manual download patch is up: patch 537-540 (26.2 MB)

As usual, do not install the manual patch until after the servers go down for maintenance, otherwise you will be unable to play until maintenance is over.

Also, I note a bigger-than-normal patch size, so let's hope for some nice goodies. ;-)
    The default white elf wings (that counts, right?). It would be fun to freak religious people out by looking like an angel and then letting them know that I'm actually an atheist. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    As hinted at by bladerunnerdm, the latest manual download patch is up: patch 537-540 (26.2 MB)

As usual, do not install the manual patch until after the servers go down for maintenance, otherwise you will be unable to play until maintenance is over.

Also, I note a bigger-than-normal patch size, so let's hope for some nice goodies. ;-)

The default white elf wings (that counts, right?). It would be fun to freak religious people out by looking like an angel and then letting them know that I'm actually an atheist. b:chuckle

Zanryu approves of your choice. :o
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My fly mount would be a Frost Dragon and I would call it "Look what I use to fly and not to cheat" b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would have the Rose Gold Gourd IRL and I would use it as ammunition for a trebuchet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spi - Raging Tide
    Spi - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Updated Badwordlist v540 (including german and french): removed

Holy... there are some unique german words in it. Really really unique bad words with alot of fantasy b:chuckle
  • Commissioner - Archosaur
    Commissioner - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Get ya coffees and red bulls ready cuz it's hardcore grinding/oracling on new server after maintenance.

Let the usernname hoarding begin!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    YAH FOR LAME SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PW doing something right b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous