KittenTalons - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Okay :(
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    was wondering if my net was mad at me, guess not ( didnt really see any maintenance notice ingame so... |||u.u ) - was way too focused on lvling my sin.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok wasn't to happy about two new PVE servers but what can we do but accept it....but come on..why a french and german service...last I checked france and germany are not that far apart????? Why didn't PWI just make a EU PVP and EU PVE server....how dumb are the people making those top choices. I LOL'ed at that... oh well carry on.. se everyone after maint. unless i fall asleep...hehe
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geminisica - Heavens Tear
    Geminisica - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Answer to the question: The untamed flyer Roc its name would be Hammerhead xD
  • Venoceania - Sanctuary
    Venoceania - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok wasn't to happy about two new PVE servers but what can we do but accept it....but come on..why a french and german service...last I checked france and germany are not that far apart????? Why didn't PWI just make a EU PVP and EU PVE server....how dumb are the people making those top choices. I LOL'ed at that... oh well carry on.. se everyone after maint. unless i fall asleep...hehe

Although the two countries are situated on the same continent, the languages spoken in both are not the same. We saw how awkward language barriers can be sometimes.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    punishing the innocent? that's not exactly right..

I have tough time with that one because in the USA, among non-native Spanish speakers, it is used exclusively as a swear word. I have literally never heard it used as point, and it's said in a very nasty way as well. When just calling someone a "walker of the night," just won't due and you need something stronger. It's pretty widespread, it isn't like with some of the swear words where the innocent term of the phrase was the most well known and used. Then again, thats not the case with it for others. Thats a tough call I'm glad I'm not the one that had to make. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have tough time with that one because in the USA, among non-native Spanish speakers, it is used exclusively as a swear word. I have literally never heard it used as point, and it's said in a very nasty way as well. When just calling someone a "walker of the night," just won't due and you need something stronger. It's pretty widespread, it isn't like with some of the swear words where the innocent term of the phrase was the most well known and used. Then again, thats not the case with it for others. Thats a tough call I'm glad I'm not the one that had to make. :P
    **** is not on the list, punto is not on the list
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Although the two countries are situated on the same continent, the languages spoken in both are not the same. We saw how awkward language barriers can be sometimes.

Yes but both france and germany are part of the european community and the common lanquage is french. The majority of the population in Europe are fluent in french as it is one of many required languages they have to learn in grade school. Most europeans now days know at least 3-4 languages.

Its just like US, the main language is english but yet we have many nationalities here as well. It may also differ state-to-state here.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    **** is not on the list, punto is not on the list

Because the people I told you about don't say **** or punto, they say punta. Like I said, do not ask me why. I'm just explaining why it may have been censored. I'm not saying it's fair, and I'm not saying they shouldn't just learn the actual insult before speaking in another language. I'm saying it's a tough call because it does have a fairly common, widespread derogatory meaning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes but both france and germany are part of the european community and the common lanquage is french. The majority of the population in Europe are fluent in french as it is one of many required languages they have to learn in grade school. Most europeans now days know at least 3-4 languages.

Its just like US, the main language is english but yet we have many nationalities here as well. It may also differ state-to-state here.
    I hear alot of spanish nearby where I live
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

wut common laquage is english not french in europe maybe less skiping school to play/post on PWI and more studying
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Gungi - Dreamweaver
    Gungi - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    " If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?"

Rose Gold Gourd , because I'm old with long gray hair and beard, with looks of a wizard. In my retired life, I could travel around with the circus as Merlin, meeting new people from all over the world. b:chuckle
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If I had to choose a mount in real life, I'd choose the Seraphic mist wings to have. Aside from that, I'd choose to have the natural elven wiings. I'd name them "My WIngs". Lol

Sidenote: You can leave me a pair of free PERMANENT seraphic mist wings in my mailbox for my elf to use. I'd really appreciate it, and promise to make full use of it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

LOL? Since when is French the common language in Europe? The common language is English, as it is throughout most of the world.

That said, it makes complete sense to me that there would be 3 servers for the European community: German, French and English. Apparently the English server is launching a bit late though.
  • _Colossus_ - Archosaur
    _Colossus_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    anyone know if our chars names will be in a general pool like when Arch server came out ???
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?

Definitely my Swiftshadow! It's so magical, cool and mysterious. b:pleased

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:cute

I'd like to have the fallen roc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jaxaether wrote: »
    LOL? Since when is French the common language in Europe? The common language is English, as it is throughout most of the world.

That said, it makes complete sense to me that there would be 3 servers for the European community: German, French and English. Apparently the English server is launching a bit late though.

A few common languages in EU..LOL

the point is there shouldn't be a server created just becaues of different languages spoke it should be by region. EU PVE, EU PVP makes more sense. And if you want to break this up more then you can have East EU and West EU due to time zones. The only benifit this would have is so players from that region can attend some of the events, TW, etc. they would not be able to so easly here in EAST and WEST coast servers.

A server created merely to seperate languages is not a smart move especially if they are in the same time zone or within a couple of hours. This is just plain dumb.

Imagine if they created servers in the US based on languages LOL.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Colossus_ - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    NAMES PEOPLE LOL ARE THEY POOLED FROM EAST COAST SERVERS OR DO WE GET A FRESH START b:thanks
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I want a server for brown haired people, and blonde haired people.
    re
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BadPanda. Name? BadPanda.

Why? Because who doesn't want to ride a frikkin panda.

Also, fix the censors. We use those phrases in non vulgar ways all the time. Excuse me I'm going to go pass out now. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO EAT ME! Go blow me a glass vase. *cough* K that one's a little weak but still..

Japanese is not a cuss word. Stop censoring it.

Give us back the Japanese IME. I like making guns with katakana, so sue me. I also enjoy speaking in Japanese with my friends, and the game IS international. IME support should be mandatory.

And seriously? Stop getting your censorship material off the urban dictionary. You may think it's hilarious but we think it's annoying.

We're LEARNING new cuss words with your stupid censor so just give it a rest.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • drosophila22
    drosophila22 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Great. That fits exactly with what in Europe is said about the european common Knowledge of people located over the sea. :-)

No. The common language in Europe is not french. And it is not a required language you must learn in school.
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Are they going to fix FC already??? I might end up lvling to 105 solo mode in a couple of weeks if they dont hurry LOL.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mohammoud
    mohammoud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nigeria is also censored.. b:infuriated
  • BetaBite - Sanctuary
    BetaBite - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wait, so are the servers still down?

The time-zone differences are really mind-****ing me.

And I still can't log in, even though the front page claims all of the servers are online?
  • _Colossus_ - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wait, so are the servers still down?

The time-zone differences are really mind-****ing me.

And I still can't log in, even though the front page claims all of the servers are online?

45 mins then hopefully servers are back up
  • Lethellan - Archosaur
    Lethellan - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just want jones' blessing fixed. Bought a card and am ready to use it atm, but not until I can get my blessings. I need them for...stuff.

To your question:

I'd like to get the natural elven wings. In black. We should totally be able to dye those. It'd be fun......new idea perhaps? If it's done w/e.
  • Starrlytz - Heavens Tear
    Starrlytz - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And for this week's maintenance question..

If you could have any PWI flying mount in real life, which would it be? How would you use it, and would you give it a name?

I would looove to have the deathgrip nightmare irl and fly to visit my ingame friends and i would name her Sapphira b:cute
  • BetaBite - Sanctuary
    BetaBite - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much. (: