Only a german and a french server at 6 July??

Options
lucarolex
lucarolex Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hello,i read in the fr pw forum,using google translator,there will be only a french server and a german one at 6 july but the english server is NOT mentioned.
I "THINK"(thank google translator)i ve read that the servers are in french or german language too!so ppl that dont know the language cant play in those servers.
Does any1 know if there will be an English server or if the fr and de servers are in their national language?
Post edited by lucarolex on

Comments

• SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its just a new server your client is what define the language, if you have english client then the server will be in english
  • lucarolex
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But is this the same pwi official client?
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you run that server with the client you have atm yes the server will be in english and yes with the official pwi one.

although dunno about the world chat, that you prob will see often the french or german language depend on the server you will go
  • Marjolein - Dreamweaver
    Marjolein - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There has indeed been no official mention of an English EU server. Questions have been asked on French and German forums but as of now, no replies. I'm not getting my hopes up. May join the German server, but I assume all system messages and GM announcements will be in German there (which I can understand, but it won't help international adoption).
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:cry dear lord i dont want any EU -Servers, if i would change to one, my english would get worse again b:surrender
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • lucarolex
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thx for the quickly answers sb:victory
    I hope there will be a engl one,mabye a PvP one.
    If you will change server,in what server do you will go?
  • Phii - Harshlands
    Phii - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    German one, german one!

worldchat will be in german, but event announcements will still be in english. And have you ever seen GM messages ingame these days? Dont worry :>
  • lucarolex
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ommygod world chat in german will be frustrating
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So, it's no longer international? Why do people need their region server? It's International game...
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because for some of us, having events and TW at 3am is a bit frustrating.
  • laisvis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is it going to be new server for all Europe or just as said for german and french?
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As things look now, wednesday an German PvE and French PvE will open, with an English PvP server scheduled for later. I'd prefer an official announcement, though.
  • laisvis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does it worth to make new servers if players decrease? Lol...
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe there's the idea of attracting new players in germany and france - who may have been playing PW MS before
  • laisvis
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Please, help me! I live in Europe and I gonna back to PW. I have just heard about new Europe server. Should I wait for this server or better join to old ones? I'm not from Germany or France, so I'm in confussion.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i think its gonna fail....epicly.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i am not sure if it will fail more than arch. speaking of which i feel many servers are quite underpopulated.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i am not sure if it will fail more than arch. speaking of which i feel many servers are quite underpopulated.

The servers are just full of alts...and more alts...and more more alts.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »
    So, it's no longer international? Why do people need their region server? It's International game...

Because EU players Complain all the time about West coast and East Coast times on the Events/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • DarkBalls - Harshlands
    DarkBalls - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Lol. It'd be funny if it weren't so tiring. If we European players say "International", we get a flame storm telling us "US + Canada = International". For a German server, we have Germany, Austria as well as parts of Italy and Switzerland. French Server has France, Belgium, and parts of Switzerland. How is this not international?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because EU players Complain all the time about West coast and East Coast times on the Events/

Also the lag
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Razmaximus - Archosaur
    Razmaximus - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A new server would be lovely to give us all a fresh start on a server without econimic disruption from overpricing etc. Maybe make a server that doesnt get as many dumb sales to spoil the game we all once loved.

Make a classic server or something with limited items in cash shop like just HP/MP Charms and useful things like inventory stones and maybe some fashion for a few months then maybe hypers and a few original flyers not packs after packs and rep which everyone can get nowadays!

Make it fun and a challenge again :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    not going to happen, sadly
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Arellys - Harshlands
    Arellys - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Because of less lag? Territory Wars in European zone time? I would like a spanish server too, but if it's english would be good too.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arellys [Demon Cleric 101]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A new server would be lovely to give us all a fresh start on a server without econimic disruption from overpricing etc. Maybe make a server that doesnt get as many dumb sales to spoil the game we all once loved.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but we got 4 new servers before as well and they had same prices as others after 2-3 days. So yeah...wont happen.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

worldchat will be in german, but event announcements will still be in english. And have you ever seen GM messages ingame these days? Dont worry :>

Sure about that ?

Even though they are called German/French server's they will not just be played by those nationalities. So wouldn't the majority of people use the most common language to all the countries ?

Not going have Italians trying to speak to Spanish people in German are you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why would there be a german server if the worldchat isn't even in german? Could roll on french server aswell lol.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why would there be a german server if the worldchat isn't even in german? Could roll on french server aswell lol.

Totally agree, no clue why they labelled as French/German when they will attract people from all over the EU and beyond. Speaking multiple different languages. The common factor they all might share is the ability to speak English.

Should have just called them EU servers tbh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So are these servers going to be the new "dead servers"? With....rank 9 within the first week?

Which will lead to massive QQthreads, with responses such as "GMS RUINED THE GAME" and "how could you not predict that they would have a rep, hyper, oracle, and rank sale."

Which might possibly lead to people quitting the new servers and going back the old ones in which they came from.

P.S. I like how some of your are being optimistic, the new servers will have rank 9 within a few weeks, lvl 100s within the first week and a top faction within the first day (that will take over the map).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So are these servers going to be the new "dead servers"? With....rank 9 within the first week?

Which will lead to massive QQthreads, with responses such as "GMS RUINED THE GAME" and "how could you not predict that they would have a rep, hyper, oracle, and rank sale."

Which might possibly lead to people quitting the new servers and going back the old ones in which they came from.

P.S. I like how some of your are being optimistic, the new servers will have rank 9 within a few weeks, lvl 100s within the first week and a top faction within the first day (that will take over the map).

It will, but PWEntertainment isn't responsible for those servers, thus QQing here will be even more pointless than the actual QQing at our own servers...