All aboard the European Server Hype Train... Woooot woooot

Comments

• BigDin - Harshlands
    BigDin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    english - PvP or GTFO !

+1

But. Considering NO official mention of this anywhere. Chances seem crazy low.

Mods - feel free to put us out of our misery!! If not in 2 days are there any plans for English PvP?!
  • Stepomax - Sanctuary
    Stepomax - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Damn. i'm sooo tempted by the earlier events tw etc but i been playin sanc server for a loooong time now. I'll create a char just to save my spot see how i feel after a while..
    Take a look to the sky just before you die!! Its the last time you will!!b:angry
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah the problem isn't the language but the timezone and I won't play again on a pve server. xD
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What we have about a pvp server is that:
    http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=927002&postcount=49
    http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=926272&postcount=71

But Denadoro said nothing about an english server ...
    Trying to have an answer about that there: http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=43012
    Denadoro haven't answered to my last post ...
    http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=926542&postcount=10

I installed the french client for pwi, we can see in server list the french and german pve server. There isn't another new server.
    At least, it seems we could play on the new serverwith english, french or german client, but I want playing with some friends who aren't speaking german or french. So I need an english server like many other players.
    We can only wait and see what hapened. At the moment, it's a failed start for european server of pwi.
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • Itzala - Harshlands
    Itzala - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Generally we have two problems.
    The Spanish, British and other countries people of Europe are clearly discriminated with these two servers, just remember that Europe are not two countries.
    Otherwise create two servers pve without PvP option have one reason: after spending our money on a PvE server we should return to spend more money in PvP. NO!!!!!.
    As a player with more than 4 years in Malaysian PW, MS and PWI think we have the right to an English-language European server to gather all countries without distinction and, of course, pvp.
    Leave empty the new PvE servers!!!!!
    And sorry for my poor english.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wont there be like everything in the cashshop in pwi in the europeaon servers since its just a server expasion?

:D Anyways i think i will make a euro character something to play on when i am bored on the pwi. Not sure what character to go for, but if i can tw then i should go for different challage.

Either seeker or wizard XD, oh and i can go male :).b:pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    Lol, They will make Arch server look over populated.. Have fun with that.
  • Marjolein - Dreamweaver
    Marjolein - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm trying to get the same question answered, but on the German forums (i can read German but don't understand a word of French). I fear we won't have an English EU server this wednesday though b:surrender

I may try playing on the German server and hope for some other Dutch players, but if only a German and French server are launched and no English one, I consider this a bad move.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i am sure there are a loot of EU players that wants/needs a english svr and if i was PWI management i would probably do only 1 EU svr and should be in English
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm trying to get the same question answered, but on the German forums (i can read German but don't understand a word of French). I fear we won't have an English EU server this wednesday though b:surrender

I may try playing on the German server and hope for some other Dutch players, but if only a German and French server are launched and no English one, I consider this a bad move.

Im dutch and will try the german server too, waitin for the english one.
  • sezzebaby
    sezzebaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This no english EU server thing disappoints me too...

But! If we can connect to these new servers with the english client, maybe there will be an international community. It just depends on us.
    I will give it a try, because I would like to see the events at last, get rid of the 1-2sec latency, etc.
  • Phii - Harshlands
    Phii - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sezzebaby wrote: »
    This no english EU server thing disappoints me too...

But! If we can connect to these new servers with the english client, maybe there will be an international community. It just depends on us.
    I will give it a try, because I would like to see the events at last, get rid of the 1-2sec latency, etc.

That's right, you can connect to the german server. Hopefully we can get this server full - even without germans :D
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dunno if i join German or French one either way its just while i wait for the english to open
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Join german one, they can atleast speak english better than our fellow french players :>
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Thats true but i dont understand a word of german just hope the people in world chat speak english b:surrender
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Don't expect too much
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Can any1 teach me german?b:laugh
  • sezzebaby
    sezzebaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I will join the german server too!
    (Hm, I'm planning to learn german, maybe this is the time to start?b:laugh)
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Feel free to pm me ingame soon - Danyelle (archer) :>
    I may open a chatroom so you guys can learn the german stuff which is important for pw (like the names for instances/WTS/WTT n stuff)
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Ill do that then thanks xD (Kripton - Cleric)
  • Camallia - Lost City
    Camallia - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No PvP server? That makes me sad =(
  • Lokkie - Lost City
    Lokkie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So, there will come a new European server, that's for sure.
    Now, it would be weird if they only launch a German and a French server because:
    Europe =
    Albania - main language Albanian
    Andorra - main language Catalan
    Armenia - main language Armenian
    Austria - main language German
    Azerbaijan - main language Azerbaijani
    Belarus - main language Belarusian and Russian
    Belgium - main language Dutch and French
    Bosnia and Herzegovina - main language Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian
    Bulgaria - main language Bulgarian
    Croatia - main language Croatian
    Czech Republic - main language Czech
    Denmark - main language Danish
    Estonia - main language Estonian
    Finland - main language Finnish
    France - main language French
    Georgia - main language Georgian
    Germany - main language German
    Greece - main language Greek
    Hungary - main language Hungarian
    Iceland - main language Icelandic
    Ireland - main language Irish
    Italy - main language Italian
    Kazakhstan - main language Kazakh and Russian
    Latvia - main language Latvian
    Liechtenstein - main language German
    Lithuania - main language Lithuanian
    Luxembourg - main language Luxembourgish, German and French
    Republic of Macedonia - main language Macedonian
    Malta - main language Maltese and English
    Moldova - main language Romanian
    Monaco - main language French, Monegasque, Italian and English
    Montenegro - main language Montenegrin
    Netherlands - main language Dutch
    Norway - main language Norwegian
    Poland - main language Polish
    Portugal - main language Portugese
    Romania - main language Romanian
    Russia - main language Russian
    San Marino - main language Italian
    Serbia - main language Serbian
    Slovakia - main language Slovak
    Slovenia - main language Slovenian
    Spain - main language Spanish
    Sweden - main language Swedish
    Switzerland - main language German, French and Italian
    Turkey - main language Turkish
    Ukraine - main language Ukrainain
    United Kingdom - main language English
    Vatican City - main language.. Italian

So.. only 8 out of 49 countries have German or French as a main language in their country.
    Now, that doesn't mean ALL people in the country actually speak those languages.
    Even if they did, that would mean only 16% of the people in (geographical/political) Europe are covored when talking about language.
    When looking at English: I've been playing online games for 5-6 years now, and I have met a lot of people from all over Europe, who ALL spoke at least a little bit of English, while they didn't speak/understand any French or German. I'd say English would cover about 99,5% of the ACTUAL PWI players, and at least 90% of the people who want to play in the future, because these days everybody at least speaks a little English. Picking French and German as server languages would be a big mistake.

AMEN.
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Please, help me! I live in Europe and I gonna back to PW. I have just heard about new Europe server. Should I wait for this server or better join to old ones? I'm not from Germany or France, so I'm in confussion.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    unless they feel those would be their 2 main markets in europe, and it makes more sense to cater to those, as opposed to everything being in a language that may only be a 2nd or 3rd language to most people.

Or it could be they feel those markets have the most untapped player base, who dont play because it not in their native language
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Feel free to pm me ingame soon - Danyelle (archer) :>
    I may open a chatroom so you guys can learn the german stuff which is important for pw (like the names for instances/WTS/WTT n stuff)

Why not organize an International/English guild for the German server? (not directed at you directly @phii) Think there are at least a bunch of peeps interested to fill a lvl2 faction, including myself.
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    If i wouldnt be german, i'd do that :D
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I will still give it a go, and if i like this then i will cash shop, if not i will just stop playing pwi all together. I think i will try a sin on the german server, although it is pve, at least you do not have to cash shop as much. Any how even if pvp servers are better, it is overrated, you cannot simply go out there and pk everyone (I was in Malay server b4, and they prob pk less than in pve server, not including events)

I just hope this new server is more populated than Arch. I am wondering how active is the german forums atm? Maybe we should start a foreign community on the english forums or something?
  • Phii - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Some people told me on the german forum that there are whole factions or communities from ms and us servers who are planning to start on the german server. If that's true, i think we'll have an average-populated server. But hell, nobody knows yet :P
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    still think its hopeless. Didnt they had EU servers before as well? They got shut down like 1-2 years ago as i remember. whats gonna be the difference? Most people i play with are from US. 90% of ppl on my FL are from US. I defently wont change a server now. I dont think i m the only one who thinks that way.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Trust me MS does not have many ppl at all....That aside, I think we should focus on one server, either french or german... i might do french first since i know the language a little