Jones Blessing....

Options
angellicdeity
angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
So you have to like Forsaken World to get a Jones Blessing now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no you dont -.-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Even if you did...so?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • lightcharm
    lightcharm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not that I have a problem with Forsaken but I do have an issue with giving out fake popularity points. Say you like me/or something I like or I won't give you my cookies. Plus it fools people into thinking the game is more poplular than it is. Not that I don't think it can stand on its own merits but apparently Perfect World doesn't if we are required to like it to get Jones' now.

Also, I don't know about anyone else despite having liked it I still can't get my Blessing. Booo.b:cry
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John3:16
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    no you dont -.-;

You havent tried to get a Jones blessing recently then...

Even if you did...so?

Not going to freely advertise a game that I dont like.

lightcharm wrote: »
    Plus it fools people into thinking the game is more poplular than it is. Not that I don't think it can stand on its own merits but apparently Perfect World doesn't if we are required to like it to get Jones' now.

This is my problem with the whole situation. Forsaken World is just a huge cash grab with mechanisms making it impossible for a free-to-play player to get the same stuff as a cash-shopper. That is one of the contributing factor to its lower-than-expected popularity. Perfect World wants to beef up its presence on the backs of people who really don't support/play it.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just got one for my Seeker. No likes for FW needed. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    meh. i've pretty much trained myself to play without the damn things again, already; they're just too much of a PITA to remember to constantly be getting. they're an additional bonus you just don't need.

edit: and i just now tried it just to see what the QQ was about. OP is right; at one point --- before it normally would have asked me which character should receive the blessing --- it told me i had to "like" forsaken world to be eligible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Honestly, PWI is up to it's usual tricks again.

I've quit playing pwi a couple of months ago and started playing FW. Truth be told, i don't regret moving there for one bit, way less laggy for us european players with minor glitches and lagspikes when there's a 2x exp event.

But, every good thing must come to an end. PWI forcing players to "like" FW has it's reasons. A LOT of players are already at the lvl cap or close to it in FW, and they want to "move" the quitters here to another one of their games, only to start again with the BS they did over here : packs, no glitchfixes, etc ,etc.

I give it about a year or so before FW is the next PWI.

That's "Perfect" world for ya : milk the suckers and try to milk them again.
  • WarSky - Raging Tide
    WarSky - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You havent tried to get a Jones blessing recently then...

Not going to freely advertise a game that I dont like.

This is my problem with the whole situation. Forsaken World is just a huge cash grab with mechanisms making it impossible for a free-to-play player to get the same stuff as a cash-shopper. That is one of the contributing factor to its lower-than-expected popularity. Perfect World wants to beef up its presence on the backs of people who really don't support/play it.
    yea i agree. Why are we being forced to like a game (forsaken world) we don't even play or might not like in order to get something for another game...?

This is a wrong way to go about promoting a game like Forsaken world and i have lost a lot of respect for PWE

PW is just as bad as Forsaken world, end game you require a lot of your own money to be a decent player.

That is why i QUIT PW lets admit, the game isn't as fun as your first time playing and doing quest making squads in order to level your character.

PWI is now unbalanced, the ingame economy is at an inflation because the PWE want to make money by having packs and 10mill notes, some characters are no doubtly stronger than other character, end game there is really no need for a barb, you can always find a better replacement now.

With the economy at inflation it is almost impossible for a first time PW player to survive without using item mall at one point
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just got a jones blessing without liking FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I got my blessing just now without liking FW, even if you had to do that and you didn't want to give it free advertising, simply like FW, get your blessing, then un-like and delete the post saying you like FW, problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • BlazingJet - Harshlands
    BlazingJet - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have liked FW and still wont let me have it lol
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have liked FW and still wont let me have it lol

Same here -.-
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just had a look and indeed it seems like you have to like Forsaken World to be eligible to get the Jones Blessing, alas, I have already liked last March it and it doesn't forward me to the select character page so I can't receive the Jones Blessing. I'm assuming that's what people are reporting, so I'll forward it to the appropriate team.

Keep reporting if anyone else is experiencing this sort of issue. Thanks.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hmm I wasn't paying attention when I got my Jones' Blessing just now, but I clicked through the same things as usual, didn't have to click any "like" button specifically.

Still, even if I did, I wouldn't be bothered by it... this is why I made a fake facebook account. Who cares if Anna Veno likes a bunch of random ****? She doesn't exist and all her facebook has is PW advertising on it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Filtered - Archosaur
    Filtered - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just checked and got one without having to like anything.
  • //athan - Dreamweaver24
    //athan - Dreamweaver24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i didnt like FW and got Blessing lol
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Got one yesterday, got another today, I don't like FW on Facebook, and of course I also don't like FW on my mind or anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I just got one . No likes for FW needed. :3

Same for me... Duno what issues others are having.
  • Kenpak - Dreamweaver
    Kenpak - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah not letting me get my jones blessing even tho i liked FW, also went to my facebook page and it said that i had gotten my jones blessing even when i didnt.
  • _Bandido_ - Lost City
    _Bandido_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Every time I try to get a blessing since yesterday after I log and put my facebook info the page doesn't go beyond trying to get me to like some Forsaken World **** which I already did I does not go beyond that page please fix this, I already erased cookies and all and I'ts still the same It is not my net fault. so FIX IT.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No one can, it is down again...

Watch this thread and hope they reply or let us know what is going on: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=761102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No one can, it is down again...

Really? But I just got it on this account b:faint

Like... right after reading that O_0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Really? But I just got it on this account b:faint

Then your lucky or it was just "fixed"

Also, nice merging of threads...

Also, would it be so hard to merge it to the sticky thread or get a better reply then "they know."

Lastly, why should I have to "like" another game I do not play and STOPPED playing on like the 2nd day of CB?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There is no better reply than "they know" at the moment.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options

I think the point was for the CM/GM's to actually give an explaination for all of this. It happens what...every few days? Consistantly..

It was not aimed directly at you but it is tiring and to the point of being stupid (for lack of a better term at the moment).

Old issue is beyond old...and they "always know" but say nothing to the player base.

It is not nor should it be that difficult to keep it running if the intention is to do so.

I think the better question remains IF they are changing this to "like" yet another PW game some do not play...Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Then your lucky or it was just "fixed"

I also got one for my other account like an hour ago.

And on the FW stuff, never asked me to like it on either of my 2 accounts, neither did I ever "like it".

This might be a case of a random bug (random as in "happens to some, doesn't happen to others" or "sometimes happens sometimes not")... Shall we call the Online-GhostBusters? b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I also got one for my other account like an hour ago.

And on the FW stuff, never asked me to like it on either of my 2 accounts, neither did I ever "like it".

This might be a case of a random bug (random as in "happens to some, doesn't happen to others"... Shall we call the Online-GhostBusters? b:surprised

A random bug for more then a few people? Just saying...ahhh PW....b:sweat

It should not be random at all is the point :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If I could drag one of them to a computer right now so they can respond, I would. This is effecting me as well and its something that needs to be addressed properly once and for all. Right now, I'm not even sure if there's a person that could address this over the forums, but they are definitely aware that of the current issue with Jones' Blessing and hopefully they'll address it as soon as possible.

I think you will be please to find that in most cases when I've personally forwarded a issue to the team (i.e. Frankie and so on) a response was made the minute Frankie had something to reply with. I can also tell you from personal experience that the minute I let Frankie know about an issue, he and the team look for ways to solve that issue as soon as possible, and efficiently.

Sometimes it works without problems, something, it doesn't. But with that, lets hope for the best!
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It should not be random at all is the point :p

Or actually it should not happen at all. But if it does, even if its just to a group of people and not to everyone, then... something needs to be done. I work on customer service with printers and computers. Random errors (the kind that sometimes happen, sometimes don't) happen, very often. Although on most those cases they happen due to the way the user handles their printer/computer. I doubt thats the case here.

As short and cold as that might sound, that is a lot better than no answer at all.
    If I could drag one of them to a computer right now so they can respond, I would. This is effecting me as well and its something that needs to be addressed properly once and for all. Right now, I'm not even sure if there's a person that could address this over the forums, but they are definitely aware that of the current issue with Jones' Blessing and hopefully they'll address it as soon as possible.

I think you will be please to find that in most cases when I've personally forwarded a issue to the team (i.e. Frankie and so on) a response was made the minute Frankie had something to reply with. I can also tell you from personal experience that the minute I let Frankie know about an issue, he and the team look for ways to solve that issue as soon as possible, and efficiently.

Sometimes it works without problems, something, it doesn't. But with that, lets hope for the best!

^This. Thank you Shelly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Want an ss of the message...Oh and let them know it has posted to my FB TWO TIMES and I have to keep checking it so that it does not spam my account.

Also, Shelly stop taking things so personal like we think you do nothing. We know you forward it. It is the point of it all. Also, it is the weekend, like anyone expects the CM/GM's to jump at this "minor" problem for players.

http://i54.tinypic.com/105xy4h.jpg

^ The issue for more then a few fyi and when this happens it posts to FB.

And I am well aware of random errors in terms of computers, but Ryu check the sticky thread on this, it would not be so bad if it was not consistant nd a constant problem for many b:surrender

Oh and note, I heal so I do not need a blessing and can go without, this is more of a point to be made and to voice frustrations for those having the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]