[Promotion] Facebook Connect - Receive Jones' Blessing!

Options

Comments

• Zombii - Lost City
    Zombii - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Same thing happened to me!! >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]UNDEAD.TOPDISCUSSION.COM
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Same **** happens to me. I give up hope of anything working properly for more than a day or two anymore. b:surrender
  • WarSky - Raging Tide
    WarSky - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    uptimus wrote: »
    After connecting to facebook, I get the following instead of being able to select server and char.

"Please like Forsaken World's Facebook Fan Page to be eligible to receive this item."

What is PWE doing? I don't play FW. I tried FW and didn't like it. So why am I being forced to like it? Sorry, I'm not going to "like" something just to get an item.
    yea i agree. Why are we being forced to like a game (forsaken world) we don't even play or might not like in order to get something for another game...?

This is a wrong way to go about promoting a game like Forsaken world and i have lost a lot of respect for PWE
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm using chrome and it didn't happen to me. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Primordium - Dreamweaver
    Primordium - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It wont let me get my Jones Blessing even though I already liked Forsaken World. Please fix this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Black Cat Leader (Level 3 Faction)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    []:::/\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/\::::[]
    []::/ ! \ CAUTION: Witty Comment Under Construction / ! \::[]
    []:====::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::====::[]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
  • Mad_Shadow - Sanctuary
    Mad_Shadow - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i dont have this problem with my other account but only with this one b:angry im not going to like forsaken world since i dont like it b:spit
  • charolinz
    charolinz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me for over 2 days now. Could someone fix this please? I have tried with Chrome, IE, and Avant Browsers. Any suggestions anyone?
  • Galithralia - Dreamweaver
    Galithralia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    charolinz wrote: »
    Same thing has happened to me for over 2 days now. Could someone fix this please? I have tried with Chrome, IE, and Avant Browsers. Any suggestions anyone?

I gots the same problem, what the hell is this >.<
  • akuzaro
    akuzaro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I connected with facebook and all of that, It says i need to like Forsaken world on facebook, I do. but i cant get it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I do not understand why this is so difficult to keep working. It "breaks" like every week. Just take it down if you cannot handle the site, it is not that diffcult to link it properly and keep it functional. That or just start sending every player one every week. For heaven's sake...If you cannot have it work properly then take it down, fix it, 100% remove it or come up with a better way to do this.

Better yet, at LEAST tell the player base what the heck is going on versus ignoring this week in and week out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Shaadoe - Heavens Tear
    Shaadoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    WTH is going on with this? I understand the need to advertise and all that, but this doesnt even work. Even if I "like" Forsaken World (which I don't, BTW... but w/e), I just get a message to log into facebook. Not only am I already logged into facebook, but PWE posts on my wall that I just received a Jone's Blessing, which I most certainly have not.

^^Same problem.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightmarett
    nightmarett Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This really suck! I click like FW then go back but it doesn't work, i try several times but it still says that Please like Forsaken World's Facebook Fan Page to be eligible to receive this item.
    Hope pwi can fix this faster.
  • Courtneyabwy - Lost City
    Courtneyabwy - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jones Blessing has failed two times in a row for me. It says i got one but i did not. Its really annoying. plz fix it or reset mine so i can get one today...
    Haterz Gunna Hate b:laugh
  • pker02
    pker02 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i try to get blessing and it says i need to like the forsaken worlds fb page so i do and then it loads up and just says the same thing on my fb it says i got it but i dont
  • Aqua_dagger - Heavens Tear
    Aqua_dagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I try to get Jones' blessing and now it says "Please Like Forsaken World". Besides the fact that I don't like Forsaken World, it doesn't even work. They post that commercial to my facebook page but I still don't get any blessing!. That's messed up. It just goes in an infinite loop. Instead of popping up with the server and character selection it goes back to "Please like Forsaken World"... that's MESSED UP!!! Please fix it and let us know when it's gonna be fixed.
    And cut out this weird cross promotion ****. Don't shove stuff down our throat that we don't like.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To those who've missed, Frankie has replied:
    Liking the FW page was certainly not intended to be necessary for someone to get a Jones' Blessing -- If anything it would be having to Like the PWI page.

So this is definitely a mistake, and we'll fix it on Monday. Thanks for letting me know :)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13779521&postcount=35
  • Xx_Hazama_xX - Lost City
    Xx_Hazama_xX - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ty very much for that answer , now i can go back and quickly remove the "i like" that i have gave to FW
  • uptimus
    uptimus Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

That most likely is the problem. The script is looking for a PWI like, but because there is a FW like instead, the script can't find one and goes into a loop. What a bunch of geniuses they have working at PWE.

Edit: I just did a manual PWI like and I got the Jones' Blessing without the FW like issue. Everyone having trouble might want to do a PWI like manually.
  • silverwolfrising
    silverwolfrising Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Apparently the Blessing is no longer good as I try to get it and am told to LIKE Forsaken World to get it and then I get nothing. Oh well! No Surprise
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I logged and received it without having to like FW or anything like that so looks like it's fixed now.
  • SwiftWingXX - Archosaur
    SwiftWingXX - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Apparently the Blessing is no longer good as I try to get it and am told to LIKE Forsaken World to get it and then I get nothing. Oh well! No Surprise

Go to the Perfect World International fan page and click on "Liike". Then you can go to the Jones' Blessing page and get the item without a problem.
  • dragonballm
    dragonballm Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    WTF IS THIS.... How does jones blessing( needed in Pwi) needs a Liking of Forsaken world?? this is crazy.. facking fix this problem fast plZ!!!
  • kozel11
    kozel11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Step 3: Choose your Server and Character that you want to receive Jones' Blessing

Nothing pops up for me. Using FF on Windows7 atm. Oh well, no blessing for me then.

same problem at me
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Go to the Perfect World International fan page and click on "Liike". Then you can go to the Jones' Blessing page and get the item without a problem.
    Does not work for me. Still looking for a FW like, tho it says it sent me a blessing...it never did.
  • Morell - Lost City
    Morell - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i did "like" the FW and pwi page and everything.. it still tells me "pls like forsaken worlds facebook fan page blah blah " but i did.... they are all liked etc... this is really frustrating....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Since another thread was closed on this and the reason to close it was stated, I will comment on that...

It is Monday @ 12:45pm at the offices...Wait it is lunch right? Because I KNOW many get in the office at 10am AND there are tech's there that work the weekend...These are FACTS!!

Also, still not one word from a CM/GM for anyone/everyone having this issue.

Might as well just take the blessings aways. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Jones Blessing is...

Still Broke!!!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I logged and received it without having to like FW or anything like that so looks like it's fixed now.

To everyone who (like me) don't get any "Must like Forsaken World" message, or any kinds of error...

Even if we (lucky ones) don't get the errors, as you can see from the people posting here, it keeps going on for others.

It doesn't mean that it has been fixed, or that the problem is on some users' browsers. It simply means we were lucky... Lol.

Hoping for updates from the staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    Cilfyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i did "like" the FW and pwi page and everything.. it still tells me "pls like forsaken worlds facebook fan page blah blah " but i did.... they are all liked etc... this is really frustrating....

Same thing is happening to me b:surrender
  • kazatrice
    kazatrice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have the same problem -.- all cuz of FW WE ARE PWI NOT FW why i should like FW and i never tried it before ... please fix this problem i feel weak wihout it b:angry
This discussion has been closed.