Bosses amped after last update?

Options

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ty please learn what your taking about before you post, your embarrassing yourself and kaste no that was the last thing I wanted to say.

I said, if you weren't being so defensive I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU. Plain and simple, but you cannot deny this game has had an influx of high level nubs which was indeed the point I was trying to make.

Take off those anger eyes and put on some calm ones, you might be able to understand more b:thanks
    My mistake. No, you're right. I facepalm right, left, and through the roof at the power-leveled nubs in this game. I'm posting on the "make FCC 80+ only" thread about that very thing. But you weren't originally blasting high level nubs, you were blasting great-geared, skilled, full squads having insane trouble with such a TT for level 90. You also have been trolling in general from what I've seen. Nice going with trolling then immediately turning smart to cover yourself. My dad does that irl.
    I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU
    You mad bro? :D
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    ProtocoI - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My mistake. No, you're right. I facepalm right, left, and through the roof at the power-leveled nubs in this game. I'm posting on the "make FCC 80+ only" thread about that very thing. But you weren't originally blasting high level nubs, you were blasting great-geared, skilled, full squads having insane trouble with such a TT for level 90. You also have been trolling in general from what I've seen. Nice going with trolling then immediately turning smart to cover yourself. My dad does that irl.

You mad bro? :D

Lmao if you can't learn how to do a tt without dying, you are in fact a noob in that area. You didn't even know barbs have been tanking and canceling hard hitting aoes you are a noob in that area.
    If you QQ cuz you can't solo even tho you can easily just make a squad and do it, you are a noob in that area, end of discussion which are all point I made with my first sarcastic remark.

You mad bro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Drummer always had spikey damage . Every once in a while it'll feel like he crits on you xD The Bishop boss, sometimes bugs out and spawns bishops way too fast. These are old things. Its not new.

As for TT, TT3-x was made really hard for quite a long time already. Way harder than anything in Nirvana. The dreaded GBA boss, Steelation, Twilight Emperor etc. Why do you think TT mats from certain bosses are so expensive? Maybe you just forgot how hard these bosses were b:chuckle
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Drummer always had spikey damage . Every once in a while it'll feel like he crits on you xD The Bishop boss, sometimes bugs out and spawns bishops way too fast. These are old things. Its not new.

As for TT, TT3-x was made really hard for quite a long time already. Way harder than anything in Nirvana. The dreaded GBA boss, Steelation, Twilight Emperor etc. Why do you think TT mats from certain bosses are so expensive? Maybe you just forgot how hard these bosses were b:chuckle

Omg thank u dellores, +200,000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

That doesn't explain an r9 cleric fully buffed getting 1 shotted by BH metal boss when he can tank it easily without all buffs before newest patch. But tbh, I don't know if it hasn't or has just been a string of bad luck or freak glitches. We did not have trouble with the lunar bosses in the run we did right after maint, but TT was a nightmare and so was their bh metal.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lmao if you can't learn how to do a tt without dying, you are in fact a noob in that area. You didn't even know barbs have been tanking and canceling hard hitting aoes you are a noob in that area.
    If you QQ cuz you can't solo even tho you can easily just make a squad and do it, you are a noob in that area, end of discussion which are all point I made with my first sarcastic remark.

You mad bro?
    I wasn't the one dying. It was the poor clerics and veno.
    You dumbass bro?
    You didn't even know barbs have been tanking and canceling hard hitting aoes you are a noob in that area.
    Like barbs even exist in this game anymore for me to know that.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That doesn't explain an r9 cleric fully buffed getting 1 shotted by BH metal boss when he can tank it easily without all buffs before newest patch. But tbh, I don't know if it hasn't or has just been a string of bad luck or freak glitches. We did not have trouble with the lunar bosses in the run we did right after maint, but TT was a nightmare and so was their bh metal.

You are most likely right and they did increase the damage done by those bosses, but from the beginning clerics weren't suppose to be tanking anyway. See where I'm going here?

They are doing something they should have done a while ago, began restoring balance.

Also how many mobs did you kill before heading after the boss, just wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wasn't the one dying. It was the poor clerics and veno.
    You dumbass bro?
    Like barbs even exist in this game anymore for me to know that.

If you could learn to make a squad With a decent barb in it, they won't die. Are you dumbass bro??

And oh enough do, they are the main cata barbs or barbs that actually take the time to learn their class instead of hit 90-100 and go claws (even tho some claw barbs know what they are doing).

You just haven't looked, because there are enough. So again I ask, are you dumbass bro or do you want to take your title as a nub?

Edit: excuse my double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ty please learn what your taking about before you post, your embarrassing yourself and kaste no that was the last thing I wanted to say.

I said, if you weren't being so defensive I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU. Plain and simple, but you cannot deny this game has had an influx of high level nubs which was indeed the point I was trying to make.

Take off those anger eyes and put on some calm ones, you might be able to understand more b:thanks

I was defending my friend Ty. So I ceirtanly was talking to you. And I am always totally calm, xD.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You are most likely right and they did increase the damage done by those bosses, but from the beginning clerics weren't suppose to be tanking anyway. See where I'm going here?

They are doing something they should have done a while ago, began restoring balance.

Also how many mobs did you kill before heading after the boss, just wondering.

We made sure to kill all mobs required, it is pretty obvious if the amount required isn't met, boss goes berzerk x.x

Anyway I was tanking colluseast on a 99 tank barb, I'm not a noob at cancelling. Barb was my main before and I can usually cancel well enough to prevent my squad from getting hit by any more than 1 or 2 aoes throughout a whole boss fight(To more reasonable bosses such as Dimentora in 1-3 or Pole and nob in 69). But this colluseast goes on a chain of aoe debuffing every few seconds after like half hp. he purges, you rebuff, he purges again, hp debuffs, seals, then hits for like 17k. It is impossible to cancel all . That's what we were having last time we tried and the cleric was the same one, r9. Before the last patch, members of my fac killed Colluseast with a Sin Tank, sin has way less hp than the barb and laughable defense. Non perma-spark and wearing +3 rank 8 daggers, and a cleric in like +3-4 tt90, and moderate DD's aside from the sin tank.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    after then 2nd debuff the bm should use myriad sword stance, im assuming the BM was smart enough to AD after the first one, this will drop the bosses damage to half preventing 1 shots and giving plenty of time to rebuff (15 seconds to be exact) then you resume dding as per normal with the squad although the bm will want to reserve chi/chi pots to quickly myriad later on if the boss is being more difficult than normal
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We made sure to kill all mobs required, it is pretty obvious if the amount required isn't met, boss goes berzerk x.x

Anyway I was tanking colluseast on a 99 tank barb, I'm not a noob at cancelling. Barb was my main before and I can usually cancel well enough to prevent my squad from getting hit by any more than 1 or 2 aoes throughout a whole boss fight(To more reasonable bosses such as Dimentora in 1-3 or Pole and nob in 69). But this colluseast goes on a chain of aoe debuffing every few seconds after like half hp. he purges, you rebuff, he purges again, hp debuffs, seals, then hits for like 17k. It is impossible to cancel all . That's what we were having last time we tried and the cleric was the same one, r9. Before the last patch, members of my fac killed Colluseast with a Sin Tank, sin has way less hp than the barb and laughable defense. Non perma-spark and wearing +3 rank 8 daggers, and a cleric in like +3-4 tt90, and moderate DD's aside from the sin tank.

Usually I try to do the cancel hp debuff, since usually u can stand everything else but that's good that you aren't a cancel noob. But yeah sin tanks would have to do much more work, assuming he was demon he would have to learn how to cancel as well as the squad to learn to spark immune before the rest got one shotted when he couldnt cancel in time.

All in all, everyone knows it's possible they just have to invest time to figure out how, which sadly most people these days Wont do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    btw if you didnt have a bm in squad barbs have a similar skill (called frighten)
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    question to the one talking about the metal boss.
    did the fight in this particular bh took significantly longer compared to other times?
    the metal boss increases its damage the longer the fight lasts

and from one point...it can one shot everything. when bh100 was not very common (because there were not many lvl 100) and when there was no op'ed gear, people used to use attack charms and were very picky on squad setups at this boss because of this fact.
    no clue how long a fight could last back then, but i remember i could go through 2 invokes, tree, hp food spam+ sometimes an IG until it was dead.

just to compare how much the dd increased until today.
    often not longer than 30 seconds or a minute and the boss is dead. no wonder if no new people realize what the difficulty of this boss actually is.

perhaps you messed abit around and the fight time was extended too much?
  • Nizari_ - Harshlands
    Nizari_ - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If what you are saying is right and they are trying to balance out the game again then I have no problem with this. But maybe just give us a bit of a headsup before.

And I do think its amped or something. why else would so many have the same problems?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Dorset for the siggy.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wow, a few of ya all need to take some freaking Xanex.

It's easy in principle. You get two, or more people in squad that can cancel the boss' AOE channel. A Barb and a BM, logically. Now, you toss in a Sin to calm the boss down, and keep it calmed down, with ribstrike. And finally, you bring one of them healy things, a Cleric-mabob, to keep the party alive. And maybe a Veno for Amplify or some curses.

Now you coordinate. Shadowless kick whenever Barb's on cooldown.

Wanmei and/or PWE will eventually do SOMETHING about 5.0. Seriously, do you think that they are going to nuke 5.0's and leave everyone else unscathed? Have they ever done a nerf that hasn't totally hurt EVERYONE while hurting the 5.0's the least?

They may eventually just break the aggro system. Got a level 3 barb in squad, and a level 101 BM, level 102 sin, and level 105 Veno with herc? Guess what, they might set the bosses in some instances to totally ignore EVERYTHING but the barb, no matter what you do, you could have eleventy billion APS on the BM and Sin, and it won't matter. Why? Because the Devs wouldn't understand aggro if it bit them on the ***.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That was a good tip, the purge is really annoying as well lol, and the sin was sage. We do like to dive into things and figure out ways to improve our strategies, it's one thing I love about doing TTs with certain members from my fac, they know how to have fun in this game.
    I also did use frighten. And as for the metal boss, I wasn't in the squad where people were absolutely nuked and 1 shotted I simply heard about it from my fac mates. But thank you for this information I was not aware that boss did that. Always good to get tips and extra info, thanks guys :]

I just do hope there hasn't actually been an increase in damage to bosses like colluseast, I mean he was hitting us pretty damn hard lol.
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That was a good tip, the purge is really annoying as well lol, and the sin was sage. We do like to dive into things and figure out ways to improve our strategies, it's one thing I love about doing TTs with certain members from my fac, they know how to have fun in this game.
    I also did use frighten. And as for the metal boss, I wasn't in the squad where people were absolutely nuked and 1 shotted I simply heard about it from my fac mates. But thank you for this information I was not aware that boss did that. Always good to get tips and extra info, thanks guys :]

I just do hope there hasn't actually been an increase in damage to bosses like colluseast, I mean he was hitting us pretty damn hard lol.

For additional reference these classes have cancel:

Barb
    BM
    Sin (only demon has 100%, sage is a risk but a high one)
    Sage seeker (50% with darkcloud)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well...... After all the "QQ 5 aps ppl can solo TT squad mode and FCs and i can't QQQQ" seems they made the bosses stronger to avoid that. Now you ppl are complaining about this too? youu should check up your mind, really !!

This **** is what you all where looking for, now accept it !
    And please stop saying that they should have just nerfed 5 APS... is like to say " I have 3 cars (15000$ each ) and a Ferrari. I should allow noone to buy the Ferrari cause noone will buy the other 3 cars, just because crappier." Well, you know a Ferrari costs more then 200k $...do the math
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well...... After all the "QQ 5 aps ppl can solo TT squad mode and FCs and i can't QQQQ" seems they made the bosses stronger to avoid that. Now you ppl are complaining about this too? youu should check up your mind, really !!

This **** is what you all where looking for, now accept it !
    And please stop saying that they should have just nerfed 5 APS... is like to say " I have 3 cars (15000$ each ) and a Ferrari. I should allow noone to buy the Ferrari cause noone will buy the other 3 cars, just because crappier." Well, you know a Ferrari costs more then 200k $...do the math

You are wrong. The OP and a few posts after that are talking about R9 squads wiping. Not soloing it. I mean it could possibly be noobs, but R9 cleric getting oneshotted is a little OP in my opinion and makes the game unenjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I haven't seen a difference... at all.

Well not in Fc anyways lol. TT is garbage, who does that shiit anyways >_>

Dev: Nerf drops.

Players: *Still farm TT*

Dev: Nerf em some more

Players: *QQing and farming still*

Dev: Wtf... nerf them EVEN MORE!!

Players: Wtf... Omg where's my credit card.

Dev: Successful troll is SUCCESSFUL!

Story of TT since I started playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @KAste i know we were talking about the R9 cleric one-shotted. By the way we are both saying the same thing : a R9 player can easily solo a TT squad mode too . So they made this nerf to avoid this
    >every boss has been made stronger
    > R9 cleric 1 shotted in BH 59 .

@ Ashivas I didn't get if yours was sarcasm lol , but some people here still do TT (example, soloing 4 runs in TT 1-3 squad mode i am able to earn 2 m ) . Now i have to try to do it again with the nerf.

The point is : Has this nerf affected more the cash shoppers or the free players? the answer is simple .
    Cash shoppers don't need to farm things to make their gear, while free players do. Personally i've farmed 4 months to reach 3.33 APS, now i'm half the way for my daggers.... Well, with this nerf, i don't know if i'll be able to solo a TT anymore, while cash shoppers can still get their VISA, charge money and refine their gear all +10/12 and kick my ***.
    Really a nice ****
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The point is : Has this nerf affected more the cash shoppers or the free players? the answer is simple .
    Cash shoppers don't need to farm things to make their gear, while free players do. Personally i've farmed 4 months to reach 3.33 APS, now i'm half the way for my daggers.... Well, with this nerf, i don't know if i'll be able to solo a TT anymore, while cash shoppers can still get their VISA, charge money and refine their gear all +10/12 and kick my ***.
    Really a nice ****

I actually quit playing BM and started playing sin so I can solo stuff and get money. Great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For additional reference these classes have cancel:

Barb
    BM
    Sin (only demon has 100%, sage is a risk but a high one)
    Sage seeker (50% with darkcloud)

Psychic has an interrupt skill too, and most probably the best one until endgame...

Also Earthquake, Lightening Chaser and Bramble Rage are interruption skills too...
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Psychic has an interrupt skill too, and most probably the best one until endgame...

Also Earthquake, Lightening Chaser and Bramble Rage are interruption skills too...

Oh I keep forgetting landslide is a interrupt as well as a knockback, and I didn't wanna add genie skills but you are correct, thank you ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Since we're not feeling the love, venomancers can get an interrupt on their pets. (We usually don't, because it's a PITA to time - but the option is there)

Barb stompy paws is, however, the interrupt skill of maximum joy.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Since we're not feeling the love, venomancers can get an interrupt on their pets. (We usually don't, because it's a PITA to time - but the option is there)

Barb stompy paws is, however, the interrupt skill of maximum joy.

Yes, Shriek is quite nice when maxed(I've been practicing lately to learn to time it correctly)

On topic, I haven't really been FCing long enough to know about any difficulty upgrade(Did my first FC run about a week ago) but yesterday morning I was part of a veno-mystic FC squad(3 venomancers, 3 mystics) and we tore the place up with ease. TT seems the same as usual, though Chienten in 1-2 Solo seems to be hitting a lot harder than I remember. I haven't fought him since I was in the late 70's, over a month ago.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @KAste i know we were talking about the R9 cleric one-shotted. By the way we are both saying the same thing : a R9 player can easily solo a TT squad mode too . So they made this nerf to avoid this
    >every boss has been made stronger
    > R9 cleric 1 shotted in BH 59 .

@ Ashivas I didn't get if yours was sarcasm lol , but some people here still do TT (example, soloing 4 runs in TT 1-3 squad mode i am able to earn 2 m ) . Now i have to try to do it again with the nerf.

Really a nice ****
    Uhh there isn't even a confirmation that the bosses are stronger, that was simply a speculation. We don't need to start rumors by jumping to conclusions here.
  • Nizari_ - Harshlands
    Nizari_ - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Uhh there isn't even a confirmation that the bosses are stronger, that was simply a speculation. We don't need to start rumors by jumping to conclusions here.
    This thread was not intended as speculation or rumor starting sorry if it came across that way.But it was a simple question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Dorset for the siggy.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FCC is not rly much harder imo... but shocktrooper seemed to go down ALOT slower yesterday than ever before

TT 3-1 now b:shocked

We had 5aps bm with BP +100 cleric + forgot what high lvl barb

And me and 2 other sins to DD.

We wiped 3 times at gba boss. We had to get another (aps) bm i belive (i had to go) before they finished