How would you balance stealth?

Options

Comments

• Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @fred

adapt. that's the key word. if u don't like sins in pvp then travel in groups. simple as that. also if u don't like pvp period and don't like this game at all what r u doing on these forums then. go play naruto or something.

Travel in groups lol, PWI its not an Afghanistan War Zone you know. I would love to have my own military convoy ready upon leaving safe zone to, but getting bodyguards just for 1 class is kinda silly b:chuckle.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Travel in groups lol, PWI its not an Afghanistan War Zone you know. I would love to have my own military convoy ready upon leaving safe zone to, but getting bodyguards just for 1 class is kinda silly b:chuckle.
    an effective sin can wipe out an entire squad out of the blue. and no im not talking about afghanistan. tbh u never know when the sin strike will arise.b:chuckle
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sins stealthed the twin towers.

Conspiracy solved.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • im2cool4usothere
    im2cool4usothere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sin is not op
  • k1revamxxx
    k1revamxxx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sin ...class with IQ lower than a 2 digit number ...
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sin is not op

Either 1, level up some more, or 2, stop trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sin is just a broken class from head to toe;its the fact that sins always ...always have chi.
    Their buffs are also broken, wtf I hit a sin 10 times for 1 dmge, tidal protection is the MOST broken buff in the game, it says 50% but in pvp feels like its 90%.

Sins need stealth cuz they all squishy, if u survive their first stun 99.9% of them will die or just force stealth(which needs to be seriously fixed) wait for cooldowns leaving u with no chi..and unless ur some full +12 toon ur dead.

Then they all brag about killing you playing a sin LOL, let me have unlimited chi on my bm or any other class see how that goes for who am fighting.
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sin is just a broken class from head to toe;its the fact that sins always ...always have chi.
    Their buffs are also broken, wtf I hit a sin 10 times for 1 dmge, tidal protection is the MOST broken buff in the game, it says 50% but in pvp feels like its 90%.

Sins need stealth cuz they all squishy, if u survive their first stun 99.9% of them will die or just force stealth(which needs to be seriously fixed) wait for cooldowns leaving u with no chi..and unless ur some full +12 toon ur dead.

Then they all brag about killing you playing a sin LOL, let me have unlimited chi on my bm or any other class see how that goes for who am fighting.

Are u sure that we don't avoid stuns also using Maze Step? And BTW Focused Mind...lol i'd wish i always get hit for 1 damage as u say... In PvP when u can get killed by few hits, it never work good
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All I do is log for pvp lol, am on a pvp server. My roar fails non stop , occult, drake bash....if the sin has a decent +10 weap it fkn hurts...lol I think I know what maze steps looks like......

Sin buffs are broken...class is completely broken but that's fine.

Focus mind works...this actually happened last night a west after some slaps I wonder how the hell is this sin tankn, no pots self buffed..I look at the log... deals 1 dmge , 1 dmge , 1 dmge...

-_- GOTTA BE KIDDN ME
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All I do is log for pvp lol, am on a pvp server. My roar fails non stop , occult, drake bash....if the sin has a decent +10 weap it fkn hurts...lol I think I know what maze steps looks like......

Sin buffs are broken...class is completely broken but that's fine.

Focus mind works...this actually happened last night a west after some slaps I wonder how the hell is this sin tankn, no pots self buffed..I look at the log... deals 1 dmge , 1 dmge , 1 dmge...

-_- GOTTA BE KIDDN ME

ye lol i know the sins r broken. the only way a sin can avoid a bm's countless stunlock attempts is if they r buffed with tidal protection or pop on maze steps. and the 25% chance of avoiding dmg--->where u do only 1's on them,<--- is as we all know called wolf emblem. these increase a sin's elusiveness, but we need to remember that they wear LA, so killing them isn't out of the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

^This x over9000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @fred

adapt. that's the key word. if u don't like sins in pvp then travel in groups. simple as that. also if u don't like pvp period and don't like this game at all what r u doing on these forums then. go play naruto or something.
    an effective sin can wipe out an entire squad out of the blue. and no im not talking about afghanistan. tbh u never know when the sin strike will arise.b:chuckle

You contradict yourself b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You contradict yourself b:shutup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so_sHsh-DCU

have fun. b:byeb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lol I only really see that zulu icon now on pinker's alts :o And wow that was way back before pwi screwed up the text. I miss that b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mango - Archosaur
    _Mango - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ummm Nver Stop Stealth Says My Butt When Im In Stealth Lol I Have A Lvl 80 Sin When I Go Against Like A 100 Barb I Steath To Save Myself Honestly Stop Qqing Every Class Has Differnt Things To Save Themselves It Wouldnt Be The Same If We Said Take Away Plum Shell And Gauridens Light Or Soul Of Vengence Or Even Bramble Or Invoke So Stop Wineing Its Annoying
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ummm Nver Stop Stealth Says My Butt When Im In Stealth Lol I Have A Lvl 80 Sin When I Go Against Like A 100 Barb I Steath To Save Myself Honestly Stop Qqing Every Class Has Differnt Things To Save Themselves It Wouldnt Be The Same If We Said Take Away Plum Shell And Gauridens Light Or Soul Of Vengence Or Even Bramble Or Invoke So Stop Wineing Its Annoying

cough.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Kookaburra - Lost City
    Kookaburra - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and the 25% chance of avoiding dmg--->where u do only 1's on them,<--- is as we all know called wolf emblem. these increase a sin's elusiveness, but we need to remember that they wear LA, so killing them isn't out of the picture.

actually mate its called Focused Mind, Wolf Emblem increases crit damage b:bye
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Time limit and Reduce the lv to 1:1.

That means.. if your 103 and sin 103 you can see them. But 104 sin cant be seen by 1-103.

This will force people to lv more and reduce the 2 hours sin afk outside of sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and the 25% chance of avoiding dmg--->where u do only 1's on them,<--- is as we all know called wolf emblem.

b:chuckle yes and im going to use focused mind to increase my crit. :0
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    assassins in most games are crit based, but its just damned insane in this game, where a flimsy assassin could hit almost as much damage as a 7 foot, 300 pound, tiger man wielding axes the half the size of the sin's body, but w.e.

easiest way to balance stealth is to reduce the stealthing lvls. for example, in rohan the dhan(assassin class) have an unlimited stealth skill that works similarly to the pwi TB sin stealth, but in rohan the stealth (at lower lvls) reduces movement speed, but at all lvls the stealth only allows you to stealth from people 5 lvls above you, unlike TB sins in this game that have like 35 stealth lvls or something >.>.

p.s. force stealth is available to almost every sin class in every game but usually comes with a cost, at least remove the +1 spark from force stealthing, that should also balance shet out a little.

p.p.s. stealth is vital to the squishiest melee class in the game, ijs.
  • jackalyne
    jackalyne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Put a Stealth Meter rang??? if they get within 20 meters on u the become visable.
  • JennyAngel - Dreamweaver
    JennyAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt balance it at all cause i freaking enjoy being OP
    ~ Cleric 090
    ~ Sin 100
  • tr3n0
    tr3n0 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yes and also quit our weapons no? each race have his advantages and disadvantages, we have very low def and very ffew health, -.- we need other forms to kill
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tr3n0 wrote: »
    yes and also quit our weapons no? each race have his advantages and disadvantages, we have very low def and very ffew health, -.- we need other forms to kill

well tbh, an assassin's stealth is vital to their arsenal and shouldn't be removed, but the stealth lvls are just insane. lowering the stealth lvls to like 5 would be perfect because you'll only be able to stealth from everyone when your around lvl 100-101, instead of freaking lvl 85. assassins where already gifted with truckloads of damage (really sins should be crit based tbh), they have a seemingly endless pool of chi, the ability to strike first, a couple of skills to fall back on that increase their tanking ability to obscene highs that no squishy class should be able to accomplish...

^thems are but a few.

notice that only a few idiots actually said to remove stealth or make it timed, whereas everyone else just suggested a few nerfs. the nerfs wont make stealth any less effective, it'll just balance it in accordance to other class advantages.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

What's wrong with you? Why should a lvl 80 sin deserve to have any chance against a lvl 100 barb? It shouldn't even really deserve to be able to hide from the barb in stealth with such a lvl difference. But I guess that's the kind of logic you could expect from someone who caps every letter they type.

And the thing is, an 80 sin can actually give a 100 arcane are lot of trouble if they know what they're doing, and that's not right...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol you misread, he said he attacks a lvl 100 barb and then force stealths when he fails. hed need a +10 warsoul wep to do dmg to a fully geared nv/r8/9 barb and even then, the barb would still oneshot him because at least there isnt any warsoul armor >.< (+60 defense lvls ...xD). any well played/lucky 8x melee class can give an arcane class some trouble because AA's need alot of cs/farming to get anywhere near enough pdef to tank their dmg, because most melee classes just operate that fast/hard :P.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah but my point was why should an 8x sin even be able to attack a 10x barb and expect to have a chance at winning?

And an 8x bm won't even give a 9x arcane trouble, it's not like you'll just be standing there trying to tank their dmg, which from my experience, 8x melees don't really hurt very much at all and can be stopped easily if you see them coming. But sins, you can't see them coming, they can stun lock you, and increase their dmg in stealth drastically before attacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well most sins get real cocky, what with everyone calling them op n sht, and im guessing barbs their lvl are pretty easy so they try to push themselves a lil farther :P.

by 8x bms should have their stuns maxed out meaning if they're played well, regardless of stealth, they'd easily be able to drop AAs within 10 lvls of them. You obviously may not experience trouble as a mystic considering you got a bunch of defensive/control skills so even an HA class your lvl shouldn't be that much of a problem so long as you dont lag/get jumped. ofc sins have way too many advantages but at least they're squishy to an equally geared opponent.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well I'm also speaking from my experience on my wizard. 8x bms tickle, and expel can easily interrupt their stun locks. Sins however can just use condensed thorn in reaction to expel in order to sleep you until it runs out, then proceed with their stun lock. And if they don't have condensed thorn yet? All they have to do is stealth escape, and any chi, genie energy, or apoth pots you may have used to survive their first attack are either used up or in cooldown, and they're free to resume their attack.

Really, sins have so many useful tools for pvp it's not hard to think of a counter strategy for anything another class may use to defend themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why do you even need to balance stealth anymore? Around 90% of all those that hangs around West gate, SP, HO to PvP are assassins anyway. No one logs their main to PvP they go on their sin alt. Stealth doesn't effect anyone but sins themselves. Low level sins as in 100-102 are the ones that suffers in PvP now when a 103-105 sins pops up and eats them in 3 sec. Its pretty funny.

The last 10% that PvPs are R9+12 and they can usually defend themselves against any class pretty well.

If PWI wanna make PvP interesting again they should make a few non stealth zones for other classes to PK. Venos cant use nixes at Secret Passage, Cave of Sadistic Glee and Nightscream Island for Example. Make similar areas where sins cant use stealth. I dont think anyone would mind actually, specially not the assassins since most of them are alt chars. Majority of players actually miss PvPing on their mains but they have to go on their sins to avoid getting ganked.