chanse to open a new server in the next 45 days?

Options

Comments

• Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my guess is its just the loading screen and the patcher that will change. or maybe it will change but the name will stay the same.

But what would be the point then? I mean if understand so much english that u can understand the ingame things u should fix that 5 words more who are in the client then.

If u cant play the game now cause u cant english, then u cant play it with an native language client either if all inagame things are still in english. I mean whats the client? 1% or not even that of the content u need to read/understand?

I have play even a few games with an korean client, once u know what button is for what u press it w/o reading, as long its english ingame all is fine.

I dont know but if theres a European Server it should still be in english that all understand it.
    Just think the WC if theres talking hundrets of ppl in 10 diffrent languages, u getting nuts then b:laugh
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But what would be the point then? I mean if understand so much english that u can understand the ingame things u should fix that 5 words more who are in the client then.

If u cant play the game now cause u cant english, then u cant play it with an native language client either if all inagame things are still in english. I mean whats the client? 1% or not even that of the content u need to read/understand?

I have play even a few games with an korean client, once u know what button is for what u press it w/o reading, as long its english ingame all is fine.

I dont know but if theres a European Server it should still be in english that all understand it.
    Just think the WC if theres talking hundrets of ppl in 10 diffrent languages, u getting nuts then b:laugh

I believe that they could leave item names as they are, and just have the descriptions translated into German or French. This would allow for sale and purchase of items, but also allow others to play.
  • Tshusha - Archosaur
    Tshusha - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello , i was wondering when a new server would come up on pwi. I was expecting to be a new server when the genesis expansion came but to my disappointment it wasn't to be. b:cute
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello , i was wondering when a new server would come up on pwi. I was expecting to be a new server when the genesis expansion came but to my disappointment it wasn't to be. b:cute

no need for one. the server populations are all fine. (cept maybe DW. idk why though. lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    >.> are you serious? there is a thread on this front page talking about a new server and you ask if there is a new one out? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would headdesk, but I do not feel that accurately conveys my feelings right now >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dear OP,

Go to the top of the page, to that "Search" thingy.
    Type in "new server" with quotes.
    Feel my aquatic wrath.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is there a new thread?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There are plans in the works for one (or more) European servers. No timeline has been given for a release, but there was also mention of French and German clients. Merging this thread with the unofficial official thread.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Relase Date is announced as " a few Weeks" , so its not months away but it wont come out until next month probably.

A charakter migration is not possible

I would wish that more people go over the eu forums and QQ about 5 APS so they change it for a better perfect world b:laugh
    I hate Room 38
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All QQers can stay in US servers, we dont need more of them in EU b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    From the post by frankieraye, all we know is that there will be European server(s) released, along with French and German translations of the client.

/facepalm

Fail to comprehend often? Read below.
    hmm funny you are always saying other people make up stuff and insulting them when your the one that dont know what they are talking about.

/facepalm

I guess you fell off the stupid tree one too many times.

I'll try to explain this simply so you have a higher probability of grasping this concept.

There are several different companies owned by Perfect World Beijing. Do you both understand this part?

Why can't you log into PW-CN with your PWI account? Because PW-CN runs their own name servers. That means your account here, or your account there do not carry over. Do you understand this much?

Ok, now here is what you both seemed to fail to grasp. It's not rocket science or brain surgery, it's grade school comprehension:

If you can log into the new European servers (PW-BV) with your account here, the name servers must be hosted by PWE/North America, not PW-CN or PW-BV.

PWI refers specifically to the North American version of PW. PWE used to be a North American only company. PW-BV, which is run by PWE is not PWI.

*shrug* Forget it. It's probably too much for you to grasp. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • kilouipoi
    kilouipoi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    god its easy pwi its a diffrent company then Pw benji so its not the same thing
    nike its not addidas just becouse their both selling similar stuff
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    /facepalm

Fail to comprehend often? Read below.

/facepalm

I guess you fell off the stupid tree one too many times.

I'll try to explain this simply so you have a higher probability of grasping this concept.

There are several different companies owned by Perfect World Beijing. Do you both understand this part?

Why can't you log into PW-CN with your PWI account? Because PW-CN runs their own name servers. That means your account here, or your account there do not carry over. Do you understand this much?

Ok, now here is what you both seemed to fail to grasp. It's not rocket science or brain surgery, it's grade school comprehension:

If you can log into the new European servers (PW-BV) with your account here, the name servers must be hosted by PWE/North America, not PW-CN or PW-BV.

PWI refers specifically to the North American version of PW. PWE used to be a North American only company. PW-BV, which is run by PWE is not PWI.

*shrug* Forget it. It's probably too much for you to grasp. b:pleased

Drop it dude, you are making yourself look like a fool trying to find "smartazz excuses" to explain the failure focusing more in dissing others in a sarcastic way than explainning the subject that matters..

And there are plenty of games out there in the market that have translated clients for other languages (i.e. D2, many european MMOs...) and nobody has problems to ask for items in the language that most people know, English. Nobody will get confused lol If they want to trade, they'll learn the names
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    zizoun wrote: »
    Drop it dude, you are making yourself look like a fool trying to find "smartazz excuses" to explain the failure focusing more in dissing others in a sarcastic way than explainning the subject that matters..

lolumad?

And there are plenty of games out there in the market that have translated clients for other languages (i.e. D2, many european MMOs...) and nobody has problems to ask for items in the language that most people know, English. Nobody will get confused lol If they want to trade, they'll learn the names

/facepalm

Apparently you cannot comprehend either.

*shrug*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • zizoun
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lolumad?

/facepalm

Apparently you cannot comprehend either.

*shrug*

I like to troll once in a while b:angry

So is it just the language of the client who "changes" or is the lets say german Client change the ingame things to german too, potions, dq-items, whatever.
    Cause if so, isnt that gonna be a hell of a mess? Lets say they come up with 4-5 diffrent languages, so u have 4-5 diffrent names for instances, items, whatever. So if a french screams his *** of for an item the german and the english dont even know what he is talking about cause they just have the name in english/german. b:shocked

I was replying to this, "Mr. Nobody Cannot Comprehend"

A client in another language changes everything, items included along with quests
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can u guys gives us an approximate date of the EU servers release?
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    TY PWI for finally hearing your european customers. I believe this is a good solution, without having to change Event times and **** US americans up and still satisfying the European players that usually cant take part in events at all now.

I dont think those servers will be dead at all. The current servers already have a large population of European players, and even if most of them wont move and reroll, I still believe enough will and they might attract many new players from the former PW MS.

They shouldnt change the charging rate, charging works for Europeans at the moment too, the amount is just calculated by current exchanging rates from Euro - USD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasimar - Raging Tide
    Aasimar - Raging Tide Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    TY PWI for finally hearing your european customers. I believe this is a good solution, without having to change Event times and **** US americans up and still satisfying the European players that usually cant take part in events at all now.

I dont think those servers will be dead at all. The current servers already have a large population of European players, and even if most of them wont move and reroll, I still believe enough will and they might attract many new players from the former PW MS.

They shouldnt change the charging rate, charging works for Europeans at the moment too, the amount is just calculated by current exchanging rates from Euro - USD.

+1

ty PWI. b:thanks
  • Pacquiao - Lost City
    Pacquiao - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How bad would the lag be if you're in say....California and play on this new server?

I'll try the new server, if lag is too bad then forget that....
    The Relase Date is announced as " a few Weeks" , so its not months away but it wont come out until next month probably.

Oh good, i have enough time to study "their" language.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, we will be able to use the current client to log in to the European servers, thus meaning that everything would be localized to English. The German and French clients would simply use a different descriptor (in the appropriate language) attached to the same item identification number.

Even if they don't intend for the current client to be able to used on the euro servers, as long as the patches are the same and the elementclient.exe version is the same you will be able to add the server ip to your serverlist.txt and log in anyways.
  • zizoun
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There's not noticeable lag when playing a server across the ocean (unless a lag spike that everyone has). The only difference is a slightly higher ping.
    For example, I play in a server from west coast being european and I have 300-350 ping normally. If i play in a server from east coast ping goes from 150-200

So you wouldn't have any problem playing on the eu server appart from different times on events.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wish there'd been EU server when game started- that would have been brilliant! =D

Dont think they'll be successful now. There doesnt seem to be many genuine new players starting this game- curious ppl will only need to look at forums and they'll stay away! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    reroll? lol.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I am from England and accept that I play on US servers and inevitably because of the time differences appreciate that I can't take part in certain things. That's just the way it goes. I don't PvP so I don't feel like I am missing out on much. (There hasn't been any mention on whether the new servers would be PvE or PvP though.)

I certainly wouldn't switch to a new server. I have spent a lot of RL money and time on my toons. I couldn't just leave them to start over on a new server. I have a nice guild and a lot of friends that wouldn't leave behind either. I'm sure a lot of other experienced EU players would probably feel the same way. Even with a character transfer I would still find it incredibly difficult to leave.

Good luck with the EU servers though and those that do decide to play on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well prob a lot EU will not go to the new server as you said they dont wanna trash the money and effort they put into the char they already have.

But i believe some will and not only EU some US as well that want a fresh start not to mention the new EU players that this will bring.

Yes it will be a bit ghost city at the beginning like Archosaur and Raging Tide were but now they have a decent population
  • PooRitan - Sanctuary
    PooRitan - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i think i will play abit on a new european time zone server, just to enjoy for 1 or 2 weeks how it was on sanctuary in the beginning. no high levels, no op'ed gear and most of the time pwi in its old pure form. i think i will enjoy it. sadly that won't last longer than those few weeks, because like always a new server is accompanied with oracle, hyper, pack sales and what not. maybe 1 or 2 months and the new server is in the same state like all old ones. b:sad

i also look forward to finally beeing able to participate in the events. as a european those always were around 4-6am during week days lol. even for a lazy university student that is not the best time.

one last thing i am very curious about is if there will be a difference in the mentality of the people. i always liked the multi culturel aspect of pwi. people from us, europe, iran, singapure, brasilians, australia and what not, playing all together on the same servers.
    but for sure, a european server will devide european (and maybe others closer to that time zone) from the american and pacific players to a certain degree. no one can deny that the fraction of europeans in this game is quite large although it was always designed for the north american market.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    thats a very very very [more very/s here] very big SLAP on ChaoticShelly's face b:chuckle

Yeah, it's a post from loooong time ago... but right when that french site started. And i guessed it right, PWI was, by that time, planning to open european servers.

We got luck frankie read this post before ChaoticShelly did, else i'm pretty sure she'd lock it again b:chuckle [ty for that, frankie :3]

- Olivassin -

Wrong ! Check the date,it's '02, she ain't psychic so she couldn't have foreseen it.
    Really, they are voluntary moderators ON THE FORUMS not dealing with anything related to the management of the game's content.
    And yes, if I were a mod I would have locked it the instant it appeared, as PWI staff that is to manage such formalities fails yet again at making a timely announcements.
    Just my unbiased, rational, not-a-person-that-hunts-to-mock-people-to-feel-like-a-godly-all seeing-person point of view. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistolepet - Raging Tide
    Mistolepet - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PWI in the last 2 years

1. Release exclusive endgame hurrying stuff to make more money in boutique (Check)
    2.Release fish completely unbalancing the game both pve and pvp wise, effectively destroying balanced game mechanics (Check)
    3. Completely disregard complaints to actually balance the game in any meaningfull functional way.
    4.Reduce prices of exclusive engame stuff in boutique while crossing thumbs and claiming this will actually drop gold contrary to logic (check)
    5. Release rank in boutique since server populations are dropping across the board to get one good money spurt and bring endgame faster (check)
    6. Release new classes in an attempt to get current really bored endgame ppl to reroll and try something new to spend more money (check)
    6. A. Accidentally check for complaints from paying customer base, and pick the option that makes ppl reroll and spend more money b4 the game finally dies (check)

now I prophesize the future:
    7. Upon EURO server release, promises of a separate cash shop will be made from the main version along with better care for the economy.... oracles release at old 2009 prices... 1 week later... rank will be put in shop at prices greater than current. All threads concerning this will be deleted.