chanse to open a new server in the next 45 days?

Comments

• HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Of course another greedy opportunity for PWI company. Why? Because of ratio euro>dollar. I bet the prices in cashshop will be the same like here JUST only in euros.b:chuckle

I was thinking exactly the same and so it's better to stay on international server lol
  • Mara - Raging Tide
    Mara - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its faszinating how pwi players always find something to complain about.
    free anniversary fashion ->way to make us pay $ for coloring them
    pheonix valley -> omg not enough exp, no drops, we gotta pay for hypers
    faction base -> another way to waste coins so we gotta charge more
    european servers -> charging euro instead of Dollar to get even more Money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Well, not necessarily the idea of a new server, but at least all events will be made to fit your time zones, rather than the multitude of complaints about the lateness of the events. In the future, expect to see, "If you don't like it, go play your own server"...not that I would ever say such a thing...b:avoid

Noone will go there cause

- i rather prefer to play with english communty cause i dont want to spend half of my day translating spanish/italian/rumanian/russian ppl the commands (no offense, not saying they suck in it, but honestly...if 90% of your squad lacks one common language its gonna be ****)

- i have here lvl100 chars and i defently wont give up on them so i can attend events that are owned by 5aps ppl anyway (...means i never do any events, cause of that reason and not cause of the time)

- As for TW etc. American and European have "only" 6 +/- hrs difference. PWI could have organized it better to make them avaible for (almost) every timezone. Like for Americans in the evening (= for Europeans before it hits 12:00pm)

- they gonna be dead as the Arch Servers
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Noone will go there cause

- i rather prefer to play with english communty cause i dont want to spend half of my day translating spanish/italian/rumanian/russian ppl the commands (no offense, not saying they suck in it, but honestly...if 90% of your squad lacks one common language its gonna be ****)

- i have here lvl100 chars and i defently wont give up on them so i can attend events that are owned by 5aps ppl anyway (...means i never do any events, cause of that reason and not cause of the time)

- As for TW etc. American and European have "only" 6 +/- hrs difference. PWI could have organized it better to make them avaible for (almost) every timezone. Like for Americans in the evening (= for Europeans before it hits 12:00pm)

- they gonna be dead as the Arch Servers

I don't think you played many european servers... Forsaken World has a few and everyone communicates easily in English. Is a pity cause it seems for americans all europeans are dumbs and don't know English or?...

The TWs are done at the times where they see there are more people online, is simple. Having a TW at 5am is damn hard for europeans, so I don't see the point of all the complains here

I'm at Archosaur server and there is enough people to do runs at whatever level you want, so I don't know why everyone calls it "dead server". I can make squads to run instances in 5 min and I have less lag than a crowded server where that only means more drama and more lag.

I will def try the european server and I find it a very good idea.
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    zizoun wrote: »
    I don't think you played many european servers... Forsaken World has a few and everyone communicates easily in English. Is a pity cause it seems for americans all europeans are dumbs and don't know English or?...

Looks like the game content will be translated to a few local languages though.

I have played on PW's European servers before (anyone remember the PW-MS version hosted by GamesMasters ??).
    Those servers were closed within two years......heck they never even went into full release of the game o.o

I am curious if these guys will be able to succeed where others failed.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't leave my char and friends on Sanctuary to go on a new server

I'd only want the events to have options to be made at different times.

They (PWE) will have to make them completable only once a day though unless they want us to be able to complete them twice a day.

Yea TW at 6AM is X.X
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Not seroiusly thrilled since I'm south american, but I want to know what is going to happen with european players playing in PWI:

1. Will PWI start blocking european IPs?. BIGGEST CONCERN.

2. Will any kind of characters migration take place?

3. What about the initial state of the european servers? (Age of Spirits, Genesis, Rising tide?).

4. If PWI Europe closes (not trying to be pessimistic just an open question) will you guys offer a option to migrate characters back to PWI?

5. What about the gold currency, please dont tell me is 1 euro per gold b:shocked
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Do you know any other language than English? Do you know not everyone has the possibility to have the educations you are asking for or they are too young for it?

Educations is also having respect for someone that was apologizing for not being native... Everyone thinks that being smartasses is having a lot of education, while having respect is even more important.

I was being facetious.

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Looks like the game content will be translated to a few local languages though.

I have played on PW's European servers before (anyone remember the PW-MS version hosted by GamesMasters ??).
    Those servers were closed within two years......heck they never even went into full release of the game o.o

I am curious if these guys will be able to succeed where others failed.

I think they will succeed where others failed. This time the operation is being run by Perfect World themselves, not some third party. The question is whether PWI's reputation will get there faster than new players.

Do you know any other language than English? Do you know not everyone has the possibility to have the educations you are asking for or they are too young for it?

Educations is also having respect for someone that was apologizing for not being native... Everyone thinks that being smartasses is having a lot of education, while having respect is even more important.

I will just tell you that you're really stupid and that people like you make me realize how much some americans suck. Blind and dumb people will never realize that not everyone has the same opportunities

I dont intend to be mean - but you need to realize fluent English is a key to success and opens up many opportunities to you. When you have countries like China and India with a large portion of their populaces speaking and writing fluent English you realize just how much more emphasis is placed on being able to commune in English.

Also being able to commune effectively has nothing to do with education. Almost all (98%+) of all CEO's of successful companies don't necessarily have super educational credentials. Most of their success is being able to commune with other people.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited June 2011

The TWs are done at the times where they see there are more people online, is simple. Having a TW at 5am is damn hard for europeans, so I don't see the point of all the complains here

I'm at Archosaur server and there is enough people to do runs at whatever level you want, so I don't know why everyone calls it "dead server". I can make squads to run instances in 5 min and I have less lag than a crowded server where that only means more drama and more lag.

I will def try the european server and I find it a very good idea.

I played on european servers other games and they had all the same problem. Language lack and problems with translated quests (and the servers been dead).

FYI i m from europe othewise i wouldnt have said that "i wont change to another server cause .."

If you think that its damn hard for Europeans to have TW at 5am, then how the hell you dont see any point of all their complains O.o
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    SinouNao - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You guys that are saying that language will be a problem well time zone here in europe is around GMT so i guess that a UK time server wouldnt be a problem for any1 that know english.

"We will indeed be opening up some new European servers soon, as well as French and German clients.."

As well... so i guess that french and german will not be the only ones
  • zizoun
    edited June 2011
    I dont intend to be mean - but you need to realize fluent English is a key to success and opens up many opportunities to you. When you have countries like China and India with a large portion of their populaces speaking and writing fluent English you realize just how much more emphasis is placed on being able to commune in English.

Also being able to commune effectively has nothing to do with education. Almost all (98%+) of all CEO's of successful companies don't necessarily have super educational credentials. Most of their success is being able to commune with other people.

Yes, I agree with you that knowing English is a big plus, but I have a high level of it and it doesn't grant me an instant job. However, it's just a game and what I was discussing is that not everyone knows or can learn English so easy. Is not needed to dis on those people just cause they don't know other language than their native but they try to communicate.

It looks like you guys think that life east of USA doesn't exist and we're all dummies... I've been in many many european servers in another games, I even had less drama than in here, and sometimes even better communication in voice chats because non natives understand eachother better.

Just because there is a 10% that doesn't know English does not mean that they can't communicate. I translated thousands of times from French, German, Spanish to English to those people who couldn't understand it
    I played on european servers other games and they had all the same problem. Language lack and problems with translated quests (and the servers been dead).

FYI i m from europe othewise i wouldnt have said that "i wont change to another server cause .."

If you think that its damn hard for Europeans to have TW at 5am, then how the hell you dont see any point of all their complains O.o

I don't know which servers you played, but I never had a problem with translations lol.

And learn to read please, this thread is all about "another server dead" "I don't understand why only european, is gonna fail" "European people doesn't know english, server will be dead due to lack of communication", those are the complains I don't see any point *here* (here=this thread). Hope you understood it now
  • Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It stands in der german board that its not possible to move toons from here to there.

But 1 thing is really intresting, this with the goldprice. I mean if they really move it 1 to 1, so 1 gold is 1 Euro they dont even need to start the server, why should someone pay around 30% higher price ?

Oh, uh and this version before was failing cause of the "Manager" he used to run games into the wall, it was not his first one and of course not the last one b:laugh
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be an English, French, and German EU servers. So, if you play on the English EU server, there might be some Frogs, but they will (hopefully) be speaking English.

I was considering going over to the EU servers. I'm on the West Coast of the US. A few things are holding me back:

1) It's still a PWE company, so I'm afraid of getting the same absent treatment that we get here, from PWE (Patch notes, complete lack of game support, have to ask GM's for other PWE games to figure out what the **** is wrong with PWI, etc)
    2) It will suck rerolling characters from scratch
    3) I'm worried about possible lag, since my connection will have to go across the US, across the Atlantic, and possibly across large parts of the EU
    4) Unfavorable exchange rate, coupled with... Apparently stupid billing ideas. o.O I occasionally WAS putting $10 or $30 in once a month, or every few months, but if I'm putting in $26 and getting 10 gold, I'm not gonna bother

So... I think EU servers are a great idea. I think EU servers would be a better idea if the franchise was separate from PWE, though. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    I dont think that they will be doing 1euro = 1 gold that would be very stupid and they want profit, also many players that want a new start will go there as well and with that currency no1 from US would wanna come to EU servers.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Not seroiusly thrilled since I'm south american, but I want to know what is going to happen with european players playing in PWI:

1. Will PWI start blocking european IPs?. BIGGEST CONCERN.

This is run by PWE. Apparently we will be able to use our login and password to even play on the EU servers. (At least, I was able to log in to the German site using my current username and password.)

2. Will any kind of characters migration take place?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I doubt it.

3. What about the initial state of the european servers? (Age of Spirits, Genesis, Rising tide?).

Since it is run by PWE, it will be on the same version and patch as PWI.

4. If PWI Europe closes (not trying to be pessimistic just an open question) will you guys offer a option to migrate characters back to PWI?

Do you see Archo closing? Just a thought.b:mischievous

5. What about the gold currency, please dont tell me is 1 euro per gold b:shocked

I would assume they would use a conversion rate to get an accurate reading of euro to dollar and use that to determine pricing. Either that or they will require the players to pay in US Dollars...b:surrender

Responses in red.
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011

^I have played on a variety of EU-game-servers too and agree with what you have stated.

I think they will succeed where others failed. This time the operation is being run by Perfect World themselves, not some third party. The question is whether PWI's reputation will get there faster than new players.

Doubt it....... given my experiences with localised EU servers, I am very very sceptical.

My main worry is that some day the company may decide to use a PWI-IP-ban on the EU-player base in an attempt to force the EU servers into success.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • zizoun
    edited June 2011
    The billing system is not a problem, europeans already pay in euro through, for example, paypal and they recieve the same amount in dollars (like 3x euro = 50 dollars, depending on the day), so they wouldn't have to change anything.

Since zen is shared for all servers in the same account, it would be kinda stupid and hard to make another "conversion rate" for an EU server in the same list as others...
    Also it nobody would charge zen in EU servers if doing it in an american one is cheaper, lol

Altho I see them recoding all the webpage just to be more greedy -.- That would really make me quit lol

Just a question, if some european, let's say, spent like 500 euro in the game (around 800 $) and they IP ban that european after that player paid 500
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is run by PWE. Apparently we will be able to use our login and password to even play on the EU servers. (At least, I was able to log in to the German site using my current username and password.).

You mean, it's run by PWI.

If you could log into any PWE server with your PWI account, you could log CN.

So it would appear PWI is hosting the name servers?

Not that it really matters. :p
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011

PWE is the American company. Beijing Perfect World is the name of the parent company, which runs PW China.
  • kilouipoi
    kilouipoi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there will be euro server but it will also aquire english langue or only french and deutch?
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    kilouipoi wrote: »
    there will be euro server but it will also aquire english langue or only french and deutch?

From the post by frankieraye, all we know is that there will be European server(s) released, along with French and German translations of the client.
  • SinouNao - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Lets wait and see, i hope they do an english version, im tired of tw and all events at 4-7am and i dont understand a thing of french or german lol
  • kilouipoi
    kilouipoi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    same it would be depresing if they would't implent en version becouse i wanna go and also third of this 2-5 am tws
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    As far as I can tell, we will be able to use the current client to log in to the European servers, thus meaning that everything would be localized to English. The German and French clients would simply use a different descriptor (in the appropriate language) attached to the same item identification number.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011

hmm funny you are always saying other people make up stuff and insulting them when your the one that dont know what they are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hmm Funny You Are Always Saying Other People Make Up Stuff And Insulting Them When Your The One That Dont Know What They Are Talking About.

+1 .
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Who are you and what did you do to Michael?
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear
    Wildkirsche - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As far as I can tell, we will be able to use the current client to log in to the European servers, thus meaning that everything would be localized to English. The German and French clients would simply use a different descriptor (in the appropriate language) attached to the same item identification number.

So is it just the language of the client who "changes" or is the lets say german Client change the ingame things to german too, potions, dq-items, whatever.
    Cause if so, isnt that gonna be a hell of a mess? Lets say they come up with 4-5 diffrent languages, so u have 4-5 diffrent names for instances, items, whatever. So if a french screams his *** of for an item the german and the english dont even know what he is talking about cause they just have the name in english/german. b:shocked
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So is it just the language of the client who "changes" or is the lets say german Client change the ingame things to german too, potions, dq-items, whatever.
    Cause if so, isnt that gonna be a hell of a mess? Lets say they come up with 4-5 diffrent languages, so u have 4-5 diffrent names for instances, items, whatever. So if a french screams his *** of for an item the german and the english dont even know what he is talking about cause they just have the name in english/german. b:shocked

my guess is its just the loading screen and the patcher that will change. or maybe it will change but the name will stay the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.