So, it was said in the patch notes....

2»

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The only goal in this game is to keep up with jones's, if you took the $$$ competition out the game has little contentl.

lol side not wonder if thats why they call it Jones's blessing hmmm

Sorry, but I don't agree. I find this game to have a lot in it to do, and I have a lot of fun when I'm not dealing with problems caused by lack of maintenance. Then again, I only buy gold when I need another HP charm, and I don't give a damn about "getting 2 endgame FAST run pm me plisssssssssssssssss" or against the competition. See my signature for more details.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bellaire that was hands down the most **** thing I have ever heard in my life, you wanna see something funny? For ps3 game what do you need? A controller, a console and that said game, what do you need for it? Money what do you use it for? Fun. Where does the money go? To Sony and said game supplier and overall to the game developers.

Perfect world entertainment is a business, pwi is a product, cash shop is a means to get better cash flow. Whether you wanna get that through your head or not
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • shienage1
    shienage1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sorry, but I don't agree. I find this game to have a lot in it to do, and I have a lot of fun when I'm not dealing with problems caused by lack of maintenance. Then again, I only buy gold when I need another HP charm, and I don't give a damn about "getting 2 endgame FAST run pm me plisssssssssssssssss" or against the competition. See my signature for more details.

Fun is subjective.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bellaire that was hands down the most **** thing I have ever heard in my life, you wanna see something funny? For ps3 game what do you need? A controller, a console and that said game, what do you need for it? Money what do you use it for? Fun. Where does the money go? To Sony and said game supplier and overall to the game developers.

Perfect world entertainment is a business, pwi is a product, cash shop is a means to get better cash flow. Whether you wanna get that through your head or not

She didn't say that if you cash shop you're an idiot. She said that she only buys gold to have fun and doesn't take the game as a job. There are people here who take the game as serious business and miss out on real life stuff for things in game. She said people nowadays on the game forget that games are meant to be played for enjoyment, not to spend all your time and money on when you're not even enjoying yourself and are only doing so to compete with other players in who can make the most money as though it is a job. She also didn't say the PWI shouldn't be trying to make earn money through it's cash shop. She said that excessive marketing is causing most people to tune it out instead of buying more. As it stands, PWE agrees with her and will muffle the Duke when there is maintenance. No company just wants to put out any old advertising, they want EFFECTIVE advertising. If all it is doing is keeping people from purchasing and annoying their customers then they are not going to want to do so. I really don't know how you could have possibly gotten what you did from what she said, but meh.

Shienage1 is right though, fun is subjective. For some people keeping up the joneses is fun. Having stock piles of money and uberpowered characters is their idea of fun, they just like nuking stuff. This is why many games have cheat codes on the PS3, some people enjoy the game the way it is and the skill it takes to win others enjoying blowing stuff up and causing as much carnage as they can with overpowered stuff. To each his own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Am I the only one who's successfully managed to adapt enough to the spam to completely ignore it?

In fact, the only red spam that's actually annoying is the auction event conveniently timed to coincide with TW.

agreed
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I happen to enjoy the pack announcements (I refuse to call it spam. Cause spam means annoying b:cute)

Of course, half of it is cause I love seeing my name up there b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear
    ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wrong. Check around the forums, ask people ingame. Thsi is not the case for the majority of PWI players, not only do most find it to be a nuisance and problematic in squad/faction chats, but it makes people less likely to want to buy.
    I know seeing all that red spammage makes me glad I don't participate in the biding hall or buy assloads of packs.

their marketing strategy is failing because of overuse and being rammed up our asses without lube. Just like so many of their coin sinks have failed (Chest of Coins, Tiger Badge Quests, Coin-purchased DQ points)

Sorry, but you are wrong. I am purely a merchant, have been a pack-seller for over a year, and my pack sales numbers shoot up massively immediately after every significant "red text" good item announcement.

When I say "massively", I'm talking of 370+ packs an hour after a Scroll of Tome, for instance, compared to an average of 25 packs an hour when there has been no nice red text for a while.

QQing on forums is not reflective of actual player behavior: As a matter of fact, I have seen certain very vocal critics of packs, and of red text, buying huge numbers of packs from my kitty shops just after a good red shout or two. Consistently. Don't believe what people will say in public just to fit in.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sorry, but you are wrong. I am purely a merchant, have been a pack-seller for over a year, and my pack sales numbers shoot up massively immediately after every significant "red text" good item announcement.

When I say "massively", I'm talking of 370+ packs an hour after a Scroll of Tome, for instance, compared to an average of 25 packs an hour when there has been no nice red text for a while.

QQing on forums is not reflective of actual player behavior: As a matter of fact, I have seen certain very vocal critics of packs, and of red text, buying huge numbers of packs from my kitty shops just after a good red shout or two. Consistently. Don't believe what people will say in public just to fit in.
    I agree with this.

And truthfully it shows developers mainly see it this way too because of likely revenues associated with people buying packs seeing others get ****.

Frankie is in a bit of conflict of interest because as a publisher he gets to field countless complaints about red spam that surely he agrees should be taken out, but a developer who is like "cool story bro" while diving in their money bins, and repeatedly up's the spammage quite frequently knowing how people buy packs.

There are some vocal minority that seem to confuse other vocal minority with a majority, and it completely falls out of their grasp that the ones who are speaking in disagreement do so by buying up packs following someone getting a red message, especially for stuff like a Scroll of Tome, not by posting on the forums. Business rule of thumb is there's ten complaints for every one compliment, but money talks much louder in a rather univer$al language.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The spam has it's benifits in a way, you can see who's being way too lucky aka haxing, such as getting 2 Soaring Tokens within 2 mins. Say what you want but I'm thinking some people are plainly using hacks to get what they want from the packs.