So, it was said in the patch notes....

Annalyse - Heavens Tear
Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
It looks like Duke Blacke is back to his old mischievous ways and is making more announcements than we'd like. We're going to have another talk with him about his behavior. He should be quieter in the next patch.

Of course by this we all expected you guys would *fix* your mistake the following week. Now we have suffered through the sea of red spam for two weeks without maintenance? It doesn't matter if you don't have other content to put in yet, or other fixes, but put together a patch to shut the Duke up like you said and quit making us wait week after week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
Post edited by Annalyse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I still laugh that GMs haven't really officially explained why red chat from packs and such is needed. Think all reasons I've heard were from players' speculation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I still laugh that GMs haven't really officially explained why red chat from packs and such is needed. Think all reasons I've heard were from players' speculation.

this absence of an answer is itself an explanation; it means that the real reason is something PWE as a corporation would find embarrassing to admit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Am I the only one who's successfully managed to adapt enough to the spam to completely ignore it?

In fact, the only red spam that's actually annoying is the auction event conveniently timed to coincide with TW.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't pay attention to the spam so it doesn't bother me thankfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Talihina - Raging Tide
    Talihina - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dunno, it doesn't bother me, in fact, it sometimes helps me.

Say I'm looking for a Stone of the Savant. Instead of WCing and checking catshops, the system message tells me who got one, so I can flood them with blue spam b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Am I the only one who's successfully managed to adapt enough to the spam to completely ignore it?

i'm sure you're not, but it still annoys me because it interrupts actual interesting conversations i have in guild chat.

hm. maybe i should start a guild-only password locked chatroom and try to convince my guildies to do all our chatting there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i'm sure you're not, but it still annoys me because it interrupts actual interesting conversations i have in guild chat.

hm. maybe i should start a guild-only password locked chatroom and try to convince my guildies to do all our chatting there.

Unfortunately, the chatroom interface is very clunky.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't even see the red chat.
    Kinda like how I hardly even see world chat
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I rarely have a conversation with anyone, anymore.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I once questioned an annoying change in another pwe game and the response I got boiled down to, "the china playerbase liked it." Naturally, the red spam could be for a different reason, but chances are it's similar.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Honestly it's not much more red spam than Best Token only spam. My vote would be to remove Best Tokens and Platinum charms only from the spam and leave everything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Only time it bothers me is durin TW times... When only a handfull of you force enters the TW, all because the battle announcment was stuffed in the middle of the Auction text, along with 3 or four lucky bastids gettin a bishin item from a pack.
    re
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Only time it bothers me is durin TW times... When only a handfull of you force enters the TW, all because the battle announcment was stuffed in the middle of the Auction text, along with 3 or four lucky bastids gettin a bishin item from a pack.

lol rly? I guess no one has told u that if click "Enter Instance" option at the teleporter, that the land you will battle for lights up.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It doesn't bother me anymore, if you don't get used to what pwi does to the playerbase, then your sol :x
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    lol rly? I guess no one has told u that if click "Enter Instance" option at the teleporter, that the land you will battle for lights up.

Did you fail to read? What does the instance teleport lit up have to do with the announcment being lost in the red spam?
    re
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have learned to tune it out also.

I think the spam is to show 'Hey look what so-n-so got' to help build peer pressure to buy.

If I was PWI, the best way to do that would be to simply plant players to build peer pressure, and be players some want to emulate.... Billboarding red text just annoys everyone.

QFT. b:surrender

When there's red spam with a crapton of goodies being received, I throw all caution to he wind and spend all my farmed cash only to receive tokens. Its my fault I know but just seeing people getting SoT, SoF, Lunar Trophy and a cube neck all at once and in less then one 10 mins? Thats like telling me: "That could have been you just now! FUUUUU!"

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Did you fail to read? What does the instance teleport lit up have to do with the announcment being lost in the red spam?

i think that she means its pretty common.. if not almost all.. click map 1-2 min before TW start time.. and click the land right as it appear. gives a second or two extra instead of first clicking when see announcement. so basically no1 read announcement anyway..

personally i click enter instance 1 min before and spam click the land and sit on mount rdy holding W down.. in the right direction.. save several seconds lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    i think that she means its pretty common.. if not almost all.. click map 1-2 min before TW start time.. and click the land right as it appear. gives a second or two extra instead of first clicking when see announcement. so basically no1 read announcement anyway..

personally i click enter instance 1 min before and spam click the land and sit on mount rdy holding W down.. in the right direction.. save several seconds lol

Notice i mention "force" Ideally this would work, convincing 70+ people to keep a map in their face the whole time waiting is a dif story. Also as a leader half the time im in PMs, directing, handing out last minute items, etc etc etc. I can only rely on watching for the anouncments. And can assure you all the other squad leaders are doing the same.
    re
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The red chat spam is annoying, but things like this will never get resolved.
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    RED spam...... well it is a Chinese game of origin and China being communistic....b:chuckle

I think the spam is to show 'Hey look what so-n-so got' to help build peer pressure to buy.

If I was PWI, the best way to do that would be to simply plant players to build peer pressure, and be players some want to emulate.... Billboarding red text just annoys everyone.

^ QFT
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Of course by this we all expected you guys would *fix* your mistake the following week. Now we have suffered through the sea of red spam for two weeks without maintenance? It doesn't matter if you don't have other content to put in yet, or other fixes, but put together a patch to shut the Duke up like you said and quit making us wait week after week.

Red spam helps sell packs. You wonder why it keeps making it's way back in and why it takes them so long to 'fix'? lol

/trolledbyPWE
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The red spam is cut down in the next patch, but we had to move it tentatively to next week. If all goes according to plan, you'll see the fix next Tuesday.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's pretty awesome how outdated code keeps making it's way back into the game, this "red spam" issue has been "fixed" at least a couple times already, so that's the only explanation.

Can we have easy mode TT (or better yet, nirvana) back in the next patch? Then another 2-3 weeks with no maintenance? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2011
    The red spam is cut down in the next patch, but we had to move it tentatively to next week. If all goes according to plan, you'll see the fix next Tuesday.

The real question frankie is when will it be cut out? We're obviously sick of it. We're fed up with pack spam.

When will you guys listen to us and turn it off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011

i actually don't care about the red spam... now what i want is someone with a damn ban hammer to kick the kiddies out who are QQing over there fake marriage ending in a fake divorce over some real live **** that has nothing to do with me when i'm trying to find a damn BH warsong squad and my teles keep getting pushed out of the chat window because of it. or when i want to buy something and i have to spend more in teles then the item is worth just to find someone selling it because someone feels the need to post song lyrics and push peoples teles out then too. i know if i don't want to see it i can blacklist it but that dosent let my WC stay in the window because everyone else might not have them BLed and its just getting pushed out of there window.

yes. i mad. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Except you'll likely just skip maintenance again. Seriously, why do you guys keep skipping maintenance? It makes the game laggy, and causes other issues like mass D/C's and random client shutdowns. And you guys can't even give a valid reason on why you are skipping maintenance. Oh wait, you are skipping maintenance to avoid having to fix the duke shouts, right?
    Kinda hard to have fun in a game when I'm getting randomly shut out and gigantic lag spikes in areas that normally get no lag at all.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    RED spam is needed to make the marketing stratagy work. I sombody sees sombody else getting somthing they are inclined to dubplicate the results. They had no intention of fixing this and IN FACT played to the fact that people were aware of it. now if your weak minding go buy 1k packs cuz you seen sombody else get on in red spam..

gl.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Except you'll likely just skip maintenance again. Seriously, why do you guys keep skipping maintenance? It makes the game laggy, and causes other issues like mass D/C's and random client shutdowns. And you guys can't even give a valid reason on why you are skipping maintenance. Oh wait, you are skipping maintenance to avoid having to fix the duke shouts, right?
    Kinda hard to have fun in a game when I'm getting randomly shut out and gigantic lag spikes in areas that normally get no lag at all.

The only goal in this game is to keep up with jones's, if you took the $$$ competition out the game has little contentl.

lol side not wonder if thats why they call it Jones's blessing hmmm
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Very good, pwi is getting smarter with their spokespeople "if all goes according to plan" that's rich :). I'll be sure to put that next to "virtually" and "soon enough" b:chuckle
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    RED spam is needed to make the marketing stratagy work. I sombody sees sombody else getting somthing they are inclined to dubplicate the results. They had no intention of fixing this and IN FACT played to the fact that people were aware of it. now if your weak minding go buy 1k packs cuz you seen sombody else get on in red spam..

gl.

Wrong. Check around the forums, ask people ingame. Thsi is not the case for the majority of PWI players, not only do most find it to be a nuisance and problematic in squad/faction chats, but it makes people less likely to want to buy.
    I know seeing all that red spammage makes me glad I don't participate in the biding hall or buy assloads of packs.

their marketing strategy is failing because of overuse and being rammed up our asses without lube. Just like so many of their coin sinks have failed (Chest of Coins, Tiger Badge Quests, Coin-purchased DQ points)