Perfect World Preacher?????

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
there is someone who has been like preaching to everyone at a set time everyday on all servers. wtf? come onto a mmo to preach to people? btw is this bannable?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there is someone who has been like preaching to everyone at a set time everyday on all servers. wtf? come onto a mmo to preach to people? btw is this bannable?

screenshots plox? o_O
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I use to do this on HT. It got old though :|, but seeing as how you brough it up, I might do it again :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    And you care that someone is preaching because?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
    edited June 2011
    He is getting the sneaky feeling God is real :D.
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol. some people in the game are religious. and perhaps this is a way for whatever pastor/priest/whatever to connect with the youth. who are we to tell them they cant? if you don't like to see it then black list them. i think it should be re-portable if there doing it in wc and its interfering with people buying/selling/finding squads for things, like any other kind of non-game related spam. but other then that there's no harm in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    cause its annoying hearing someone say we are lazy and stuff because we play an mmo and that we dont know the true meaning of love and stuff like that. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    cause its annoying hearing someone say we are lazy and stuff because we play an mmo and that we dont know the true meaning of love and stuff like that. b:bye

um.... black list them then. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    So you would have this become bannable and leave in the NC17-style WCs that most servers experience frequently daily? At least a single player saying this stuff is much easier to BL than an entire conversation by multiple players about sex...
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    So you would have this become bannable and leave in the NC17-style WCs that most servers experience frequently daily? At least a single player saying this stuff is much easier to BL than an entire conversation by multiple players about sex...

i never said i wanted this to be bannable i was asking if it was and i never said to leave in the **** people in wc either now did i? you know for a mod you seem to be trying to cause drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear
    XLaraCroftx - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't think it would be bannable, and why should it be? People are entitled to freedom of speech even if it is only in a game. If they were talking about something else controversial, I hardly think anyone would have as big a problem with it lol. Things that come to mind are sexual practices, politics, and so on. No one gripes about that, so I see no reason people should about someone talking about faith.

Besides the conversation comes up anywhere just as it does with other things. We are all people, so naturally we talk about things important to us...

Only time I have a problem with that is when someone's trying to force their views onto others. THEN I have good reason to be uncomfortable.

Besides, at least in the case of PWI, you can blacklist said person and be done with it lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Artwork: horus-goddess.deviantart.com

Here since October 2008 ;)
    Mains: Rosangela - 95 Sage Mystic | Ellvira - 89 Demon Assassin | xLaraCroftx - Seeker - 5X
    Retired: TeresaSyri - 100 Sage Cleric | Zylphia_ - 100 HA Sage Venomancer
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    i never said i wanted this to be bannable i was asking if it was and i never said to leave in the **** people in wc either now did i? you know for a mod you seem to be trying to cause drama.

Why would I want to cause drama that I would have to help clean up? o_O I simply misunderstood your intention with asking if it was bannable. Most people here ask that question with the insinuation that it (whatever they're talking about) should be bannable. I'm humanoid...it happens.b:mischievous
  • Qanel - Sanctuary
    Qanel - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't think it would be bannable, and why should it be? People are entitled to freedom of speech even if it is only in a game. If they were talking about something else controversial, I hardly think anyone would have as big a problem with it lol. Things that come to mind are sexual practices, politics, and so on. No one gripes about that, so I see no reason people should about someone talking about faith.

Besides the conversation comes up anywhere just as it does with other things. We are all people, so naturally we talk about things important to us...

Only time I have a problem with that is when someone's trying to force their views onto others. THEN I have good reason to be uncomfortable.

Besides, at least in the case of PWI, you can blacklist said person and be done with it lol.

umm...Lara Croft sucks....! Don't like her at all.
    edited June 2011
    lol. some people in the game are religious. and perhaps this is a way for whatever pastor/priest/whatever to connect with the youth. who are we to tell them they cant? if you don't like to see it then black list them. i think it should be re-portable if there doing it in wc and its interfering with people buying/selling/finding squads for things, like any other kind of non-game related spam. but other then that there's no harm in it.

That makes no sense considering WC is on a regular basis spammed with non game related content. Should we be able to report and ban those people as well???
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Oi, no hastlin mah kitteh. *narrows eyes at Escorian*

he and certain other posters bring up a good point anyway, simply using Bl would remedy this issue for those who do not want to be preached to. \o/ and I doubt it is bannable.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    QQ moar.

I'm not even religious at all and I can tell someone has really thin skin and whines too much about trivial and harmless things.
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    Oi, no hastlin mah kitteh. *narrows eyes at Escorian*

he and certain other posters bring up a good point anyway, simply using Bl would remedy this issue for those who do not want to be preached to. \o/ and I doubt it is bannable.

Nice to know somebody (other than frankie and the others) is watching my back. Thanks, _blood_rain.b:thanks
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have yet to see this. Though I wish I had. I dont mind when people believe differently than me, but when people start preaching I start talking back. I want to see him so I can troll him on world chat till he shuts up.

Again, not judging beliefs. Just the way people shove it down each others throats :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I have yet to see this. Though I wish I had. I dont mind when people believe differently than me, but when people start preaching I start talking back. I want to see him so I can troll him on world chat till he shuts up.

Again, not judging beliefs. Just the way people shove it down each others throats :D

they invited everyone to come to shrine of tides for an event. and quite a few people showed up. they are doing it daily at that spot. lol they got pissed when i said anything that disagreed with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited June 2011
    umm...Lara Croft sucks....! Don't like her at all.

And I care about your opinion why? lol. I've loved TR since 1998, and nothin will change that. :P
    they invited everyone to come to shrine of tides for an event. and quite a few people showed up. they are doing it daily at that spot. lol they got pissed when i said anything that disagreed with them.

Well those people always have a choice to show up or not. I can't say for sure if a game is really the right place to try and convert people lol... but to each their own. I think it'd be rude of you to walk in and argue with them when you know what they're there for. Unless of course they're trying to shove their beliefs down your throat. I wouldn't honestly agree if you were trying to tell them they are wrong either if they are just being peaceful about it. That's just as bad, it can go both ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mains: Rosangela - 95 Sage Mystic | Ellvira - 89 Demon Assassin | xLaraCroftx - Seeker - 5X
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    And I care about your opinion why? lol. I've loved TR since 1998, and nothin will change that. :P

Well those people always have a choice to show up or not. I can't say for sure if a game is really the right place to try and convert people lol... but to each their own. I think it'd be rude of you to walk in and argue with them when you know what they're there for. Unless of course they're trying to shove their beliefs down your throat. I wouldn't honestly agree if you were trying to tell them they are wrong either if they are just being peaceful about it. That's just as bad, it can go both ways.

they wced for an event didnt say what type. and i went there for an event not to get preached at i believe in god and everything but tricking people like that is stupid. and on top of that i didnt argue in a bad way i just made comments on my beliefs and they acted like i was completely wrong. like the fact that them playing on a game infact is a sin since afterall its considered sloth b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited June 2011
    they wced for an event didnt say what type. and i went there for an event not to get preached at i believe in god and everything but tricking people like that is stupid. and on top of that i didnt argue in a bad way i just made comments on my beliefs and they acted like i was completely wrong. like the fact that them playing on a game infact is a sin since afterall its considered sloth b:chuckle

Lol really? that's pretty sad... I come from a Catholic family (even though I don't currently follow...) so I know about the faith a little bit. I can say that there's nothing that says you're not allowed to enjoy different activities lol. Perhaps anything in excess is bad of course but that should be obvious.

Anyway in that case, it is wrong of them to say there's an event without being specific. Though honestly if I'd been in your situation and had shown up, I would've just left after finding out what it really was without a word. But that's me. :shrug:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    On second thought, if I see that, im making a character named IronMaiden (or something similar) and going there and singing Number of the Beast b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited June 2011
    ^^ just use the character in that sig, thing looks like a spawn of satan,
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    On second thought, if I see that, im making a character named IronMaiden (or something similar) and going there and singing Number of the Beast b:cute
    I don't see why it matters. Let him suffer in his own religious ignorance.

When I'd go to heavy metal concerts, especially bands like Heaven and Hell, i.e. Dio's "Black Sabbath", or Judas Priest, there'd be an army of religious idiots protesting telling us how we're damned and going to hell and we're "worshipping false idols" or "spreading the word of evil and sin".

I could have argued back with them and perhaps held signs up on Sundays in front of their churches suggesting *insert deity or prophet*doesn't exist and the complete idiocy behind it, but consider how miserably insecure one must be with their own views of they have to project them outwardly in such a manner.

I say just let it go and laugh at him. Surely he's got enough issues.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wait if he said a religious message in world chat and then invited others to come to an event, wouldn't it be obvious that said event is a religious one? How is saying something in world chat, "shoving it down your throat," so to speak. Showing up to an event means you want to hear the speakers, it's optional to show up to the event. And since it's one person in world chat not using 69 boths and blocking all the squad/sale postings then its easy to blacklist and is just someone using the same forum everyone else uses to say a quick message to the playerbase to say theirs. I just don't see how that should be at all bannable. Especially since world chat is used frequently for the daily dose of drama and those people do go on for hours on end blocking others from using the channel rather than saying a quick message and inviting others to an even to hear more if they so choose. And for those people who want to troll him just because they use world chat to host a private event for people with religious beliefs that differ from yours, are you really so insecure that you can't let others play the game the way they want to? Meh, personally I think it's silly to say that playing the game is sloth...while you're playing the game. But if someone wants to try use MMOs in a new and inventive way to reach people that want to hear their message, then who cares?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2011
    I don't see why it matters. Let him suffer in his own religious ignorance.

When I'd go to heavy metal concerts, especially bands like Heaven and Hell, i.e. Dio's "Black Sabbath", or Judas Priest, there'd be an army of religious idiots protesting telling us how we're damned and going to hell and we're "worshipping false idols" or "spreading the word of evil and sin".

I could have argued back with them and perhaps held signs up on Sundays in front of their churches suggesting *insert deity or prophet*doesn't exist and the complete idiocy behind it, but consider how miserably insecure one must be with their own views of they have to project them outwardly in such a manner.

I say just let it go and laugh at him. Surely he's got enough issues.

Exactly...

Aside from that, real Christians are not going to run around judging everyone as it's taught very clearly it's no ones' place to judge except God's. That's the main fault of many Christians, because some of them become so enveloped in their beliefs and community they start to believe everyone else has to be the same way or else. Trying to guide someone to faith is ok, but the line should never be crossed where it becomes forceful. And especially wrong of people to show up somewhere and protest with signs saying a certain group of people are going to hell for miniscule things like a band or something. I mean really...

And you're right, it does show many insecurities. If you're comfortable with your beliefs, you wont be threatened by others'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Exactly...

Aside from that, real Christians are not going to run around judging everyone as it's taught very clearly it's no ones' place to judge except God's. That's the main fault of many Christians, because some of them become so enveloped in their beliefs and community they start to believe everyone else has to be the same way or else. Trying to guide someone to faith is ok, but the line should never be crossed where it becomes forceful. And especially wrong of people to show up somewhere and protest with signs saying a certain group of people are going to hell for miniscule things like a band or something. I mean really...

And you're right, it does show many insecurities. If you're comfortable with your beliefs, you wont be threatened by others'.

To me it sounds like the person didn't do it this way though. It sounds like they did it kind of classy. He said a religious message in world chat and then invited people to another area entirely if they wanted to come to his event. I would have made the connection immediately personally. This allowed people who didn't want to hear it to leave the event, even if they didn't immediately make the connection what it was going to be like without disrupting their game play. I think it just sounds like a young outreach minster or something trying to get creative in his methods of reaching those that want to be reached. While at the same time allowing others not to have to hear if they don't want to. I'd rather than the 3 hour breakup fest some players do that makes attempting to find/do anything else in world chat next to impossible.

Although I think his point his kind of weakened by the fact that he's using the game himself. It's kind of like saying, "don't smoke it's bad for ya see!" While smoking a cigarette and coughing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Lara Croft FTW b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    12. No inappropriate discussion types.
    Inappropriate discussion-types include, but are not limited to, the following discussion types: Politics, Religious issues, Abortion debates, etc. Common sense should dictate what is appropriate or not.

Lets not make this a religious debate please. If it becomes such, it will have to be closed.

Thank you.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's a Fantasy MMO .... Where better to preach about fictitious deity's b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]