Any World Bosses Left?

Options
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Me and my faction wanted to kill some world bosses, but we understood that alot of the World bosses were taken out of the game. Are there any left at all or they are all gone? If some are still left, can I have coordinates ty b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
b:cute
-MadameFrost b:heart
Post edited by MadameFrost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Me and my faction wanted to kill some world bosses, but we understood that alot of the World bosses were taken out of the game. Are there any left at all or they are all gone? If some are still left, can I have coordinates ty b:victory

World Bosses arent "Taken out of the game". Bigger guilds simply kill them and they take a long time to respawn. Many bigger guilds time the respawn so they can kill it exclusively. You'll just have to wait for Tuesday maintenance or get lucky.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Theyr still in the game, they ubercashshoped APSers simply kill them as soon as they respawn (which takes 24 hours)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    awwww great, another Ruined part of the game from APSers b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Theyr still in the game, they ubercashshoped APSers simply kill them as soon as they respawn (which takes 24 hours)

^This

I remember taking down world bosses with half a faction (and sometimes wiping a few times trying), but those days are long gone. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to kill one now, you will be KS'd by a couple of cashed out bungholes with nothing better to do (unless you pick one that is extremely hard, or difficult to access, try Broadkriss Drudge or Ossein Lord: Flame, sometimes those are left alone.....).

What I really wonder is why the +12 g15'ers bother with world bosses; good stones or pages seem to drop pretty sporadically. Wouldn't spamming 3-2/3-3 for golds be a better use of that gear than killing bosses with 5x the hp and a 24 hour respawn? Or is it some sort of pre-pubescent territorial pissing ("look how I ownz all ze WBz, I r epicz")?

I know what some of you will say: "QQmoar nub" or some such illiterate nonsense. Go ahead, say it, prove my point......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^This

I remember taking down world bosses with half a faction (and sometimes wiping a few times trying), but those days are long gone. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to kill one now, you will be KS'd by a couple of cashed out bungholes with nothing better to do (unless you pick one that is extremely hard, or difficult to access, try Broadkriss Drudge or Ossein Lord: Flame, sometimes those are left alone.....).

What I really wonder is why the +12 g15'ers bother with world bosses; good stones or pages seem to drop pretty sporadically. Wouldn't spamming 3-2/3-3 for golds be a better use of that gear than killing bosses with 5x the hp and a 24 hour respawn? AsMystic

I know what some of you will say: "QQmoar nub" or some such illiterate nonsense. Go ahead, say it, prove my point......

I think that is indeed the main reason. Though most WBfarmers (I think) only take an hour or so to kill all WB's, and than go back to farming.. something else
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    awwww great, another Ruined part of the game from APSers b:sad

I don't know about your PvE server, but the world bosses on LC were always on a timer... before high APS classes were around. I guess PvE servers couldn't kill world bosses until everyone got some interval. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^This

What I really wonder is why the +12 g15'ers bother with world bosses; good stones or pages seem to drop pretty sporadically. Wouldn't spamming 3-2/3-3 for golds be a better use of that gear than killing bosses with 5x the hp and a 24 hour respawn? Or is it some sort of pre-pubescent territorial pissing ("look how I ownz all ze WBz, I r epicz")?

agreed to this post
    greed is the magic world
    it was more fun to kill it long time with a bulk of people than few aps auto attack pros today
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Currently GoldDigrz and Enrage farm the world bosses right as they spawn. You'd be extremely lucky to find even the harder world bosses alive I'm afraid :(

And I know my faction farms world bosses like this to sell chrono pages/shards cheaper to guildies who need.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They really should make these have some random component to the respawn timer...

like 24 hours +/- 2 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't know about your PvE server, but the world bosses on LC were always on a timer... before high APS classes were around. I guess PvE servers couldn't kill world bosses until everyone got some interval. b:chuckle

It wasn't that PvE servers couldn't kill World Bosses, but that if a big guild wanted one they couldn't simply kill anyone else who tried. When you had to have a barb tanking and at least a cleric in squad, it was hard to out DD a squad that had already started killing one.

These days an old school squad (barb/cleric/non-aps DDs) could spend 15 minutes fighting a WB only to have a squad of six 5aps sins/bms show up when it is at 70% hp, spark and drop it in 3 minutes, then "thanks for taking it down a bit for us" and pick up drops and be on to their next scheduled 3 minute world boss kill.

It's probably more fair on a PvP server, as a big guild can send some mages/archers/etc to harass the aps farming squad, or at least make them bring some friends for protection. On a PvE server it is simple: get six +12 g15 sins/bms, go blue named, kill every wb you can at server reset then all week (or month if no maint like usual), profit.

They really should make these have some random component to the respawn timer...

If I had 100 zen for every "should be but isn't, and won't be" in this game I'd buy you a job as GM.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Options

If I had 100 zen for every "should be but isn't, and won't be" in this game I'd buy you a job as GM.......

And improve stuf?
    I think I'd rather just buy all my toons full rank9 gear. And for my sin a 4aps(with R9 daggers) set along with it.

Maybe 2 love up and down tomes so I don't have to keep switching it around toons
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

24 hours +/- 12 hours.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^This

This made me laugh so much.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    maybe world bosses should spawn in random locations
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options

I think this would be odd, but interesting...also, add in the time element previously suggested, between 12 and 36 hours, randomly. It would help with those who can't precisely time the respawn times of the bosses, and maybe give some up-and-coming factions a chance to get this experience.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Would also give some unsuspecting newbs the chance to get the experience of their first wtfpwned death by a world boss randomly spawning on their quest grounds. b^-^d
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Would also give some unsuspecting newbs the chance to get the experience of their first wtfpwned death by a world boss randomly spawning on their quest grounds. b^-^d

Add a local chat accompanying the respawn saying, "The destroyer comes..." b:chuckle
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Add a local chat accompanying the respawn saying, "The destroyer comes..." b:chuckle

It would be funnier without the chat >.>
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

*whacks lvl 30 mobs*
    "man this game is pretty sweet. im so getting the hang of this."
    *big over-looming mob pops up*
    "holy ****"
    *BlaBla deals 493840 damage*
    "WTF!?!"

-Few days later-

"alrighty glad theres no big boss thingies here with these lvl 50 mobs"
    *whacks away*
    *HerpaDerp deals 384839 damage*
    "WTF IS THIS ****?!"

-Yet another few days later-

*looks around cautiously*
    *pew 1 mob*
    "WHAT WAS THAT?!....oh just a mob"
    *keeps going on the paranoid cycle until finally giving in and questing like normal*
    *Teehee deals 4838493 damage*
    "MOTHER****ER!"
    *insert rage lines here*

^I'd totally lol at this possible scenario.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *whacks lvl 30 mobs*
    "man this game is pretty sweet. im so getting the hang of this."
    *big over-looming mob pops up*
    "holy ****"
    *BlaBla deals 493840 damage*
    "WTF!?!"

-Few days later-

"alrighty glad theres no big boss thingies here with these lvl 50 mobs"
    *whacks away*
    *HerpaDerp deals 384839 damage*
    "WTF IS THIS ****?!"

-Yet another few days later-

*looks around cautiously*
    *pew 1 mob*
    "WHAT WAS THAT?!....oh just a mob"
    *keeps going on the paranoid cycle until finally giving in and questing like normal*
    *Teehee deals 4838493 damage*
    "MOTHER****ER!"
    *insert rage lines here*

^I'd totally lol at this possible scenario.

This should happen just for this. And I'm all for a new boss called TeeHee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This should happen just for this. And I'm all for a new boss called TeeHee.

LMAO, I second this motion xD
  • IHopeI - Heavens Tear
    IHopeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why don't they just give reflect to WB's that way 5 aps players cant farm them so fast. This is just my opinion o.o

EDIT: Not all the WB's just so some other guilds can try and kill them for fun or for profit ^-^
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why don't they just give reflect to WB's that way 5 aps players cant farm them so fast. This is just my opinion o.o

EDIT: Not all the WB's just so some other guilds can try and kill them for fun or for profit ^-^

lol and would this help? by making barbs take more damage for reg squads? or ranged ranks most likely getting GG'd? XD either way people would complain about it xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

that's kindof what happens right now, for those of us not in an omgwtfcashshop 5aps guild. unless i got some oldbie to take me around the map and point out where the wb's would spawn if they ever survived spawning, i have no way of knowing --- so if and when the 5aps'ers happen to miss one spawning for whatever reason, it becomes a random landmine for us noobs.

i'd been grinding for fruit up at shattered jade shore for most of a week before, one day, cenminator happened to spawn just behind me as i was in mid-grind. spotted her when i randomly swung my camera around and almost messed my pants.

the heathens up by the swamp made a nice grinding spot, too, until one day as i was riding in toward them i saw this fancy lightshow right where i used to set myself up. hello there, sonic oppressor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that's kindof what happens right now, for those of us not in an omgwtfcashshop 5aps guild. unless i got some oldbie to take me around the map and point out where the wb's would spawn if they ever survived spawning, i have no way of knowing --- so if and when the 5aps'ers happen to miss one spawning for whatever reason, it becomes a random landmine for us noobs.

i'd been grinding for fruit up at shattered jade shore for most of a week before, one day, cenminator happened to spawn just behind me as i was in mid-grind. spotted her when i randomly swung my camera around and almost messed my pants.

the heathens up by the swamp made a nice grinding spot, too, until one day as i was riding in toward them i saw this fancy lightshow right where i used to set myself up. hello there, sonic oppressor.

http://www.ecatomb.net/boss-wb2.php

enjoy.

EDIT: for the record, most of these bosses really arent a huge problem, do not require 5 aps in the slightest. However, there is always the threat that a larger faction with insane 5 aps DDs can come and KS your WB kill.
    IMO for what they drop, they really arent that great. A perfect, some useless mats, and maybe a chrono page.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It wasn't that PvE servers couldn't kill World Bosses, but that if a big guild wanted one they couldn't simply kill anyone else who tried. When you had to have a barb tanking and at least a cleric in squad, it was hard to out DD a squad that had already started killing one.

These days an old school squad (barb/cleric/non-aps DDs) could spend 15 minutes fighting a WB only to have a squad of six 5aps sins/bms show up when it is at 70% hp, spark and drop it in 3 minutes, then "thanks for taking it down a bit for us" and pick up drops and be on to their next scheduled 3 minute world boss kill.

It's probably more fair on a PvP server, as a big guild can send some mages/archers/etc to harass the aps farming squad, or at least make them bring some friends for protection. On a PvE server it is simple: get six +12 g15 sins/bms, go blue named, kill every wb you can at server reset then all week (or month if no maint like usual), profit.

lol? a barb to tank? ive done world bosses with a non rank psy tanking and out DD'd every apser who tried to ks us... not everything is aps's fault. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol? a barb to tank? ive done world bosses with a non rank psy tanking and out DD'd every apser who tried to ks us... not everything is aps's fault. ijs

lol a barb to tank, lololololol how ridiculous

Jus sayin..
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol a barb to tank, lololololol how ridiculous

Jus sayin..

i have the feeling you took what i said in awhole different meaning. i meant "have to have a barb to tank is preposterous, any class who knows what to do can easily do it and if done correctly can even out DD the apser's who try to ks"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I think this would be odd, but interesting...also, add in the time element previously suggested, between 12 and 36 hours, randomly. It would help with those who can't precisely time the respawn times of the bosses, and maybe give some up-and-coming factions a chance to get this experience.

b:thanks

I think this is a splended idea. As most know, these bosses spawn about/exactly 24 hours from the time they are killed. And these bosses start to spawn a few hours after maintenance (like the rare tameable veno pets - plus they roam around). So getting to the point, the enjoyment and benefits of killing them is limited to people of a certain time zone or the usual time frame they are on playing. If I happens to be living on East Coast USA, during the time when these bosses start spawning, I'll be at work. The only time I might be able to catch one not killed yet, is if I stay at that WB location during all of Saturday and Sunday, but still only to see it be slaughtered by a group of people who had been killing it exclusively.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have the feeling you took what i said in awhole different meaning. i meant "have to have a barb to tank is preposterous, any class who knows what to do can easily do it and if done correctly can even out DD the apser's who try to ks"

That really depends on who the KSers are.