Any World Bosses Left?

2»

Comments

• Makiruxx - Sanctuary
    Makiruxx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They should make a poll on this idea, and actually put it into motion.

This would be an update that could make the game more interesting.

Just make it so they cant spawn around low level farming grounds.

Cause as hilarious as it would be, it would suck if a world boss spawned in the middle of broken bow bluff, or the mines. b:laugh
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *whacks lvl 30 mobs*
    "man this game is pretty sweet. im so getting the hang of this."
    *big over-looming mob pops up*
    "holy ****"
    *BlaBla deals 493840 damage*
    "WTF!?!"

-Few days later-

"alrighty glad theres no big boss thingies here with these lvl 50 mobs"
    *whacks away*
    *HerpaDerp deals 384839 damage*
    "WTF IS THIS ****?!"

-Yet another few days later-

*looks around cautiously*
    *pew 1 mob*
    "WHAT WAS THAT?!....oh just a mob"
    *keeps going on the paranoid cycle until finally giving in and questing like normal*
    *Teehee deals 4838493 damage*
    "MOTHER****ER!"
    *insert rage lines here*

^I'd totally lol at this possible scenario.

Please consider this idea and pass it on to HQ, PWI staff! And a boss name Teehee would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiac - Archosaur
    Xiac - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *whacks lvl 30 mobs*
    "man this game is pretty sweet. im so getting the hang of this."
    *big over-looming mob pops up*
    "holy ****"
    *BlaBla deals 493840 damage*
    "WTF!?!"

-Few days later-

"alrighty glad theres no big boss thingies here with these lvl 50 mobs"
    *whacks away*
    *HerpaDerp deals 384839 damage*
    "WTF IS THIS ****?!"

-Yet another few days later-

*looks around cautiously*
    *pew 1 mob*
    "WHAT WAS THAT?!....oh just a mob"
    *keeps going on the paranoid cycle until finally giving in and questing like normal*
    *Teehee deals 4838493 damage*
    "MOTHER****ER!"
    *insert rage lines here*

^I'd totally lol at this possible scenario.

I lolz hard reading that! xD
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol? a barb to tank? ive done world bosses with a non rank psy tanking and out DD'd every apser who tried to ks us... not everything is aps's fault. ijs

A couple small points:

Psychics (and your server, for that matter) did not even exist in the era I was talking about.

Before the tideborn expansion, the only class with enough hp and defense to tank MOST world bosses was the barbarian (besides a handful of insanely cash shopped bms or archers).

Non-rank psy tanking a world boss? Which one? Soul Hunter? (if so, hahahaha, that doesn't count, I "tanked" that thing on my lvl 7x cleric.....) Seriously man, I gotta see screenshots or I just ain't gonna believe this...... especially when you go on to say that you can out DD a full aps squad with a non-rank psy tanking. Or did you mean this happened soon after the tideborn expansion and launch of your server? Maybe I would believe that, since there was probably a short time with few high aps users due to packs needing to be opened in quantity sufficient to supply lunar claws and capes, and nirvana needing to be farmed enough to have aps sins come into play. When barely anyone is level 100 yet, aps doesn't really exist as an issue.

I really want to know how a squad with even one non-rank psychic in it can compete against a full squad of 5aps users with +10 or higher g15 weapons, because that is what we have to deal with these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But they really should change the time of the world bosses spawning, this actually reminds me of the time when Venos timed all the rare pet spawns and hardly ever gave other venos a chance to tame some pets. And pretty much the same venos would tame the pets each day, so I think adding a different time spawn would help give other factions the chance to experience this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is not related to APS lol. People who kill WB gets them because they keep track if spawning times.

PWI would never let WBs be up for grabs anytime you want them. Than they would have to make World Bosses re-spawn once per hour all over the map and Chrono pages + G9 shards would loose its value. If you want something in this game thats both free and has valuable drops you usually have to make a bit of effort. Like keeping track of spawning times.

I do like the idea of making the spawn times more random tho. Its kinda boring that the guys who logs in first after maintenance gets majority of bosses for the rest of the week since they have the exact times. With random spawn at least some would go to other players. Of course hardcore WB-killers would still get most of them i guess. They usually have several blue name chars placed at the spawning points, that they keep logging in over and over to make sure they get there first.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Give WBs a banish skill. WB loses 10-15% health he cast banish, sending the top 5 or so highest damage dealers to some random spot on the map. And give them a fast HP regen.
    re
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there are World Bosses, but the big factions beat everyone else to them, for the mat, so no one else gets to have fun with them either.b:sad
    Me and my faction wanted to kill some world bosses, but we understood that alot of the World bosses were taken out of the game. Are there any left at all or they are all gone? If some are still left, can I have coordinates ty b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there are World Bosses, but the big factions beat everyone else to them, for the mat, so no one else gets to have fun with them either.b:sad
    "world boss" and "fun" don't belong in the same sentence unless separated by a "not". One thing I want to know is why everyone is so eager to play with these bosses, they are boring as hell. All you do is nuke it till it dies which can take like up to an hour (or more) if you have a low dd squad/low turnout x.x all for a perfect and maybe a page...MAYBE. A small faction would probably lack the man power to make killing a world boss something they would actually enjoy.

Chances are all of you have already simulated the world boss experience anyway

have you ever...

1. Had a boss that you just shot at and shot at and shot at and took forever to kill?

2. Had a boss who has annoying aoes/interrupts bb/ mana burns?

3. Endured the bore of killing said boss only to feel like an idiot when you look at the drops?

If you answered yes to these three questions, congratulations: you've experienced a world boss.