APS is apparently taking over BH too lol.

Options
13»

Comments

• RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was never sure if rumors of less exp from STA was ever proven true or not (didn't keep up with it enough). Though when I used to live in FF on my cleric (way back when exp scrolls was all we really had) Archers and Wizards both knew what to do. Though to be honest, when I recently did a run with a wizard and I was healer (yes, as mystic) I was paranoid they would pull agro during big pulls with DB. D: They didn't die during the run thankfully. The whole squad knew what to expect of me seeing as I didn't have a real guaranteed purify or BB so they watched their agro well thankfully. But that's been the one run out of so many I've done on my mystic now where we had a wizard lol. And only 2 or 3 with an archer.

People say barbs are harder to find, but it seems to me since I took my 7 month break from the game and came back, they are making a come back. They're not usually as hard to find as they used to be. Not to mention most of the barbs I run into in runs know how to tank which is a relief. Seems like Wizards and perhaps Archers are the less common now. :/

/offtopic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was never sure if rumors of less exp from STA was ever proven true or not (didn't keep up with it enough). Though when I used to live in FF on my cleric (way back when exp scrolls was all we really had) Archers and Wizards both knew what to do. Though to be honest, when I recently did a run with a wizard and I was healer (yes, as mystic) I was paranoid they would pull agro during big pulls with DB. D: They didn't die during the run thankfully. The whole squad knew what to expect of me seeing as I didn't have a real guaranteed purify or BB so they watched their agro well thankfully. But that's been the one run out of so many I've done on my mystic now where we had a wizard lol. And only 2 or 3 with an archer.

People say barbs are harder to find, but it seems to me since I took my 7 month break from the game and came back, they are making a come back. They're not usually as hard to find as they used to be. Not to mention most of the barbs I run into in runs know how to tank which is a relief. Seems like Wizards and perhaps Archers are the less common now. :/

/offtopic

The reason barb population is rising a bit is due to the realization that 5 aps can't solve everything. Also partially because people just now don't give a flying **** about the aps craze anymore and going back to traditional classes.

I know several people who've dropped their BMs/Sins for barbs and seekers, 'cause they're bored of twitching.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is that to have more xp? Because STA -> TB does make sense otherwise...
    Truthfully by the time STA finishes channeling the 15-20% 10/11 STA will mostly be moot since likely over that percentage of damage has been dealt, however, I do see archers STA very quickly and early.

Example, puller pulls mobs, BM stuns, just as BM stuns, archer hits with STA, leaving TB for the HF if there's any at all. That means reduced XP as well. Not so much a big deal for regular mobs at a very high level (as they are ~ lvl 87-89 and thus are constantly getting less XP as one levels up past them), but early on, they are a huge source of XP. It's quite baffling why so many archers don't get why it isn't always a good idea to STA things mindlessly.

/offtopic
    This was proven true on the Archer forums and the Veno forums.

You can test this out with Veno Sage Soul Degeneration, can test this out with Archer STA. I've taken aside people in FF who challenged that it reduces XP (when I nicely asked not to STA bosses in particular) and showed them myself in a squad on my Archer.

The way to test is..

-Kill mob normally. Record XP.
    -Kill the same mob (make sure if you kill a normal one you don't record with a different one like Increased Life or Weak) but use SD/STA as a first hit. Record XP.
    -Notice that XP levels are different. Do subtraction. Realize that in an XP instance, in many cases x12, it's a dumb idea over the span of a run taking others into account.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just to confirm what Janus said. All max hp lowering debuffs reduce exp. When I solo fcc, I don't use sage rib strike on the bosses I hyper for this reason.

So NEVER EVER take a bm with deicides into fcc! It will lower exp from bosses b:avoid
  • XKillerNoSX - Heavens Tear
    XKillerNoSX - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've noticed more and more that some people who put together BH squads want sins over other classes. And I'm not talking about 10X BH, just things like BH79 or whatever. I don't know if it's all that common below that.

Just saying that people seem to be more and more self centered. If you need a specific class for Nirvana or FF, something like that, I can understand... but BH? Please. Everything dies fast enough as it is. BH is something we all need, so I don't see why not to invite anyone who happens to need it at the time. I've always been nice about inviting anyone for BHs as long as we have the cleric and tank. Don't see why I can't get the same treatment, yes?

I'm starting to wonder more and more if I should just continue my old level 85 Sin again. I just don't enjoy the gameplay as much as Mystic, Veno, or Cleric. It doesn't seem to need as much thought but it's increasingly the only class people want.

I miss the old days where we only had 6 classes. May not have had Mystics which I love more than the others but, at least back then everything was balanced and fair.

Not trying to bash Sins or people who like them as I know they're really great for squads that need a few hard hitting DDs. I just wish the devs would balance things out more between all the classes so finding squads is more possible for everyone like it used to be.
    i do agree with you for the most part on this but if everyone would quit worrying about the aps in the game, it would be better yes i would love to have my aps, but i think if you have aps you should not dis own non aps people, and as far as the bh thing eveyone quit ask for high lvls to help you do it like we did with people our lvl people have gotten to lazy on pwi now
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just to confirm what Janus said. All max hp lowering debuffs reduce exp. When I solo fcc, I don't use sage rib strike on the bosses I hyper for this reason.

So NEVER EVER take a bm with deicides into fcc! It will lower exp from bosses b:avoid

Said BM should have axes in his hands for at least long enough to drop dragons and then a pole for Glacial. The Deicides wont do ****, even if I were the only DD id take off more than 10% under those conditions.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Said BM should have axes in his hands for at least long enough to drop dragons and then a pole for Glacial. The Deicides wont do ****, even if I were the only DD id take off more than 10% under those conditions.

I'm not sure, but I think a max hp debuff will always reduce exp even if used after the boss/mob already lost those hp. Would have to test to be sure though :O
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I think a max hp debuff will always reduce exp even if used after the boss/mob already lost those hp. Would have to test to be sure though :O

False.

XP lost is proportional to HP lost due to max HP reduction. Thus, archers can Thunderous Blast mobs first and then STA following. By the time STA goes off, the HP of the mobs should have dropped below 85% (due to TB and the attacks of the rest of the squad). No XP is lost.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Meh, I solo FF as well when I want and usually don't care much for the exp loss. lol

HP debuff is epic for TTs though.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So basicly don't use the HP debuff thingy in FF... Thanks for the advice guys... Will realy come in handy once my archer is high enough to FF... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    False.

XP lost is proportional to HP lost due to max HP reduction. Thus, archers can Thunderous Blast mobs first and then STA following. By the time STA goes off, the HP of the mobs should have dropped below 85% (due to TB and the attacks of the rest of the squad). No XP is lost.

b:thanks ty now I don't have to go test it myself.