How would you balance stealth?

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
ye ye ye. sins op qq thread much, i know. but to be fair what would u guys do to balance stealth?

me>>>put a damn time limit on it and that should do the trick. infinite stealth is too op, and that is coming from the op. :D
///////////////////////
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Make it how forsaken world has it.
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2lifotw.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ye ye ye. sins op qq thread much, i know. but to be fair what would u guys do to balance stealth?

me>>>put a damn time limit on it and that should do the trick. infinite stealth is to op, and that is coming from the op. :D
    ///////////////////////

Remove it entirely would make the most sense.. it's not like sins even need it. Sins still have more tricks than any other class without the single most OP skill in the game (stealth).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Remove it entirely would make the most sense.. it's not like sins even need it. Sins still have more tricks than any other class without the single most OP skill in the game (stealth).

basicly this
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    make it use... 2000 mana a second :D
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stealth costs 1 spark for normal stealth, 2 sparks for force stealth. Stealth uses up 5 chi every 2 seconds in stealth, if chi runs out then stealth is ended. Any skill used while in stealth removes stealth effect, including buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Take stealth off so the fish can feel the burn of everyone he/she pawned while stealth was in use. :0
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Let them keep stealth, but make it realistic. You literally have to "hide in shadows" you can't stealth in an open area and expect to be invisible. You can only be stealthed inside of actual shadows You can't spark without revealing yourself (it DOES create a huge light, how can you hide that?)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *facepalm* I really dont want to get started with this again so im going to make ONE post in this thread. Then you guys will disagree with me and call me fail for not replying back...but that whats gunna happen. The best idea I've ever heard to nerf stealth is to place a movent speed -50% debuff while in stealth. that's it. The rest of you just need to get AD on your damn genie and stop being so damn fail. There's pleny of people out their that know how to defend themselves against sins. As I mentioned in another thread sin's are one of the least wated classes when it comes to TW and with out stealth a sin wouldnt be able to do much at all. Killing a cata cleric (a sins job in TW) requires being in daggers distance of a cleric and with out stealth that would be nearly impossible to do and liv to fight another day. I'm ofcourse alking about real TWs with heavily geared end game faction 80 vs 80 TW.

Let the QQ begin, I wont be on this thread to read it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *facepalm* I really dont want to get started with this again so im going to make ONE post in this thread. Then you guys will disagree with me and call me fail for not replying back...but that whats gunna happen. The best idea I've ever heard to nerf stealth is to place a movent speed -50% debuff while in stealth. that's it. The rest of you just need to get AD on your damn genie and stop being so damn fail. There's pleny of people out their that know how to defend themselves against sins. As I mentioned in another thread sin's are one of the least wated classes when it comes to TW and with out stealth a sin wouldnt be able to do much at all. Killing a cata cleric (a sins job in TW) requires being in daggers distance of a cleric and with out stealth that would be nearly impossible to do and liv to fight another day. I'm ofcourse alking about real TWs with heavily geared end game faction 80 vs 80 TW.

movement speed debuffs do not affect flyers

tele dosent end stealth
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Or perhaps, a sin won't be able to force stealth until their intended target is dead. x.x
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I kinda like the inability to use any skills in stealth or they end stealth, itll stop them being able to over-prepare for taking down targets in pvp like... the annoying full sin buffed chid up 2 spark windshield 3.33 ninjawtfR9dagger attacks.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ya, it's really impossible to get in range of your target with two 35m teleports, one of them coming with a stun. I pitty poor sins.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

stealth isnt going anywhere, get over it. Learn ways to try and prolong the fight with sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They should make stealth freeze cooldowns. Rawrgh's idea is pretty nice too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    +significant amount of detection level genie skill. mid amount energy cost, reasonable cooldown.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hmm. i thought about this a few days ago. but why not double client and have ur sin alt 100+ seek those out in the shadows. that's what im doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XMasqueradex - Lost City
    XMasqueradex - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hmm. i thought about this a few days ago. but why not double client and have ur sin alt 100+ seek those out in the shadows. that's what im doing.

because not every one has or for that matter wants a sin even as an alt let alone lvling it up to lvl 100
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

Because even sins of the same lvl with maxed stealth and observation buffs can see each other, at least it doesn't seem that they can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Troller - Sanctuary
    Troller - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

me>>>put a damn time limit on it and that should do the trick. infinite stealth is too op, and that is coming from the op. :D
    ///////////////////////

It's not really stealth that's the problem, there are games with stealth that is more powerful than Pwi...But, just look at how they fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKlEkKU-cGg

They are pretty much the same exact thing they are in pwi...Just they don't hit as high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Despite the name, only a part time troll. b:victory
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's not really stealth that's the problem, there are games with stealth that is more powerful than Pwi...But, just look at how they fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKlEkKU-cGg

They are pretty much the same exact thing they are in pwi...Just they don't hit as high.

And people thought, sins in PWI are OP.... >_>

How would you feel getting attacking imagine a sin with a Crossbow and able SPAM stealth.... man the QQ it will bring..b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Troller - Sanctuary
    Troller - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And people thought, sins in PWI are OP.... >_>

How would you feel getting attacking imagine a sin with a Crossbow and able SPAM stealth.... man the QQ it will bring..b:surrender

They can do that, and still, amazingly they are the worst class to pvp with. That assassin was attacking a class most others would kill in 5 hits and it just stands there tanking it.

The point I'm trying to make is stealth is not what makes them OP, it's their DPS/DPH combo with skills to make them even stronger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Despite the name, only a part time troll. b:victory
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They can do that, and still, amazingly they are the worst class to pvp with. That assassin was attacking a class most others would kill in 5 hits and it just stands there tanking it.

The point I'm trying to make is stealth is not what makes them OP, it's their DPS/DPH combo with skills to make them even stronger.

Well by what you are talking about is that their damage is to OP and unlike archers, sins are based off dex so they do a lot more damage then archers (and all other melee classes ), so the best way to nurf them is to nurf the damage, maybe not make their damage based off dex and based off str would be a good start....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Norala - Dreamweaver
    Norala - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Stealth can't be balanced in a game with this type of combat system. The devs would have to put in far more ways to use tactics, strategies, and raw player skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sins should need to submit nudes to forums everytime they want to activate stealth. b:cute

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    plain and simple, assassins need stealth. theyre not bms that can actually tank dmg without dumping $$$$$. if gms remove stealth theyd have to give sins some crazy tanking skills theyre HELLA squishy. only problem with sins (and bms, but you can see them coming from a mile away) is 5 aps with epic crit rate.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ok first, aps is by no means op on a bm because really, it's the only thing that gives them a chance to kill stuff in pvp. It can be very OP with sins however because it just isn't possible to keep a good sin away from you, not always long to kill them. And no one is saying to remove stealth, just nerf it. Yes, sins are squishy, but they can STUN LOCK. I really think bms should be the only class that can stun lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I pvp from time to time, stealthing only to scout b4 pking or if it's mass pvp with people that can 1-2 shot me. Without stealth, playing a sin would be very hard to be effective in tw. So you can't really balance it from 1vs1s to mass pvp. 1vs1 doesn't need stealth anyways, most sins just scurred! b:chuckle but stealth is something we do need in tw against those +10-12 r.8-9s, don't forget we have the crappiest armor ever LA. *squish* :\
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    make stealth like a buff with 10 min cooldown

tho pvp in this game sucks
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @fred

adapt. that's the key word. if u don't like sins in pvp then travel in groups. simple as that. also if u don't like pvp period and don't like this game at all what r u doing on these forums then. go play naruto or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @fred

adapt. that's the key word. if u don't like sins in pvp then travel in groups. simple as that. also if u don't like pvp period and don't like this game at all what r u doing on these forums then. go play naruto or something.

IG pot from stealth, lol groups.