Last Night Patch

2»

Comments

• AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So in your defence even even every magic class should go 5 aps for the sake of damage ?

dude i see where your coming from but seriously, your word is not gods and certainly not writen bible text in PW. cause thats how you make it come across.

you are not willing to even SEE what some of those barbs try to make you understand.

BEFORE 5 aps was as common as it is now, it was prolly once every blue moon you heard a BM had tanked something and it was THEN all the barbs were the flesh shields, making it possible to farm instances and get YOU your opportunity to gain more money + get your quests and culti's done.

You are now sounding like we should disregard anything of the " good old days" when that was actual teamplay and having a go at an instance and instead should focuss on hitting your keybard as hard as you can with a faceroll-omega and be uber epic because THAT is progress ?

No, that aint progress, thats lazyness.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1103321

it seems they did get a boost but what about barbs D:

It doesn't really look like they got a boost from that thread. o.o My guess is the text got in, but the aggro changes haven't actually been made yet.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So in your defence even even every magic class should go 5 aps for the sake of damage ?

dude i see where your coming from but seriously, your word is not gods and certainly not writen bible text in PW. cause thats how you make it come across.

you are not willing to even SEE what some of those barbs try to make you understand.

BEFORE 5 aps was as common as it is now, it was prolly once every blue moon you heard a BM had tanked something and it was THEN all the barbs were the flesh shields, making it possible to farm instances and get YOU your opportunity to gain more money + get your quests and culti's done.

You are now sounding like we should disregard anything of the " good old days" when that was actual teamplay and having a go at an instance and instead should focuss on hitting your keybard as hard as you can with a faceroll-omega and be uber epic because THAT is progress ?

No, that aint progress, thats lazyness.

Look, I know I missed the "era" of Barbiness you're referring to above where there was only one flesh shield and it was running around on four legs. But now that times have apparently changed, answer me this... what do you want me to do about it ?

Cry and hold hands with those Barbs who no longer feel useful ?

Hell no and I'll tell you why. Those Barbs who QQ all the time can... unlike Wizzies, Venos and all the other classes out there who feel slighted but understandably can't do much about it... they can get off their lazy bums and adjust their builds to once more feel useful and appreciated in end game squads !

And to those Barbs who say hell no... it'll be a cold day in hell before I give up what made being a Barb back in the day so much fun... I say, fine... I have no problem with their decision at all. PW is after all only a game and if you don't get to play it the way you want to... whats the point in it all ?

But once again and let me repeat myself sloowly... enjoy the Barb you are BUT DO NOT COMING CRYING TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ABOUT HOW BROKEN THE GAME IS JUST BECAUSE IT NO LONGER CATERS TO THE TRADITIONAL VITALITY TANK BUILDS. And personally I doubt very much simply "fixing" Barb aggro is going to return the game to those halcyon days... no matter how much some may want it to do so.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Look, I know I missed the "era" of Barbiness you're referring to above where there was only one flesh shield and it was running around on four legs. But now that times have apparently changed, answer me this... what do you want me to do about it ?

Cry and hold hands with those Barbs who no longer feel useful ?

Hell no and I'll tell you why. Those Barbs who QQ all the time can... unlike Wizzies, Venos and all the other classes out there who feel slighted but understandably can't do much about it... they can get off their lazy bums and adjust their builds to once more feel useful and appreciated in end game squads !

And to those Barbs who say hell no... it'll be a cold day in hell before I give up what made being a Barb back in the day so much fun... I say, fine... I have no problem with their decision at all. PW is after all only a game and if you don't get to play it the way you want to... whats the point in it all ?

But once again and let me repeat myself sloowly... enjoy the Barb you are BUT DO NOT COMING CRYING TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE ABOUT HOW BROKEN THE GAME IS JUST BECAUSE IT NO LONGER CATERS TO THE TRADITIONAL VITALITY TANK BUILDS. And personally I doubt very much simply "fixing" Barb aggro is going to return the game to those halcyon days... no matter how much some may want it to do so.

Who said they were crying about catering to a certain build?
    Here's where your undoubtfully misunderstanding my friend.
    It isn't avout Vit barbs wanting the game reversed back, hell no. It's about equalling the field.
    Something that obviously is making their class do something that INTENTIONALLY is not what they signed up for when they chose their class. THAT is the entire point.
    Whether or not that is accomplishable through claws at lvl100 which to my knowledge is ONLY and only obtainable at a 100 ( correct me if i'm wrong here ), You would have to be playing a barb the different way than you say they should in order to adapt and eventually get those famed claws.
    YET, you do NOT want them in your squad, you do NOT want to give them a chance at it either cause, as you said, bringing a barb without claws into a squad is basically dead weight and a leech, so... which ever way you put it, thats pretty narrow minded.

Unless ofcourse you expect every barb playing person to make an alt that gets to wear said claws earlier, farm and THEN lvl up the barb with the money gathered from that alt.
    A.k.a more expences, more time, more loss in actually playing a class they wanted.

or ofcourse use a credit card. but hey we all know how that's looked at, dont we.
    people who use real money aren't -real- players and only bought their char and know nothing of their class.

So either way your approach lacks any sense where a MODERATE gamer with an actual life, a job, gf/wife and/or maybe a kid or two is concerned.

but then again you can also assume every gamer is a no-lifer that has their char up to a 100 with a couple of mil to spend within a month.

I'm sorry. your argument is invalid.b:bye
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Er, Hex, you are missing major f'in point:

Some barbs CHOOSE to stay VIT for TW.

Simple as that. For TW, claw barbs are ussssseless. Need high hp barbs for cata pulling, and that means they gotta be well geared. That, in turn, means nirvana or r9. Assuming nirvana, how does such a barb, VITAL for the well being of his or her faction, acquire such gear?

Thankfully, not everybody else thinks only of their own personal gain.

Also, allow me to point out that its a comparison of 5 aps dds and a barb versus 6 aps dds (none of which is a barb), the 5aps dds + barb will do equal or better damage in a nirvana run, along with having better surviveability. In FACT, what other barbs say is true: even if the the 6th person is an APS barb, he/she could do the same damage for the group by devouring on cooldown. Don't know what you are smoking, but devour is a very strong debuff, and it increases the damage I do substantially. In fact, it only has to increase my damage 20% more for 5 aps dds + barb dmg to be = to 6 aps dds; let me tell you it certainly increases my damage by at least that if not more (varies from boss to boss ofc).

Regards,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else notice anything from the patch they didn't report?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sneaking up and landing a 20k arma on a group in TW, or pulling a cat, is the main reason I am still a vit barb. So much satisfaction b:victory 2 things on a very short list of things in game that requires some form of skill to do effectively...
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nope. 50% of that time I did FBs and BH's like the rest of you and guess what ?

For 70% of those BHs, there wasn't a Barb in sight. Guess you were all hiding away b*tching about how the game has left you behind instead of trying to adapt like the rest of us. b:bye

Now that you can't "glitch" all those nice skills ( I agree is would be nice to get my buffs and still have spark ) guess who needs to adapt b:laughb:laughb:laugh

I'm sorry for all the cool barbs/sins/seekers I know, but for ppl like you... I hope you "adapt" fast your char's gameplay.

Oh, btw... I'm sure you tanked all your FB's and solo'd all your culti bosses cause you know... you're just that awesome.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It doesn't really look like they got a boost from that thread. o.o My guess is the text got in, but the aggro changes haven't actually been made yet.

I know in that thread they were still trying to figure it out so I'm not sure.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Chimer - Lost City
    Chimer - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else notice anything from the patch they didn't report?

A few item icons were changed. Notable is that of best luck tokens, which now have a purple background as opposed to the blue background of normal tokens.
    Maybe that'll put an end to the token scamming, or at least put those who fall for it even more at fault.
    (I have to facepalm every time I hear about that. Why is checking the item you're buying such a foreign concept to some?)