A day without Stealth :D

Options
Ryoutah - Harshlands
Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
If the Chinese devs finally decided to fix the stealth problem and take it off completely, how would you all =perfect world international= react to this sudden *improvement? b:dirty
Post edited by Ryoutah - Harshlands on

Comments

• RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    what are you smoking and where did you get it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    stealth will never be completely removed. it is a sin trait and it is what their main focus is, it will NOT happen
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'll spend 10k....

with IG coins in fireworks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Your detection level should magically increase to 150 if you've completed Celestial Demon or Sage cultivation making stealth against the few who are bored enough to do it useless.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It'd suck cause you can't run past mobs anymore but other then that I realy wouldn't give a flying f*ck... b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PWI would lose a bunch of cash shoppers and slowly dwindle into no maintenance's no bug fixes no gm responses. Oh wait nvm were at that stage.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sins don't need stealth as u can see in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xix6pNxhkjc
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sins don't need stealth as u can see in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xix6pNxhkjc

Gotta say, both of them are awesome. Stealth isn't everything, but I notice most people who use it are scared they'll be seen dead so they stealth away when they're about to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Then stealth needs to go. There shouldn't be a way past mortality. If the sin is about to get fried then I want my fish sticks now!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FC + Stealth = 20 min-ish run
    FC - Stealth = 1-2 hour run

^one of the benefits of stealth
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anyone that thinks stealth should go is straight up re.tarded. lets just take a away a clerics heals while were at it. and oh yeah lets make sage demon culti give a stealth lvl of 150 go **** yourself 90% of the people that play the game have a lvl 100+ and they would all do the culti if that happened. the class has a skill for reason. the only stealth nerf ive EVER heard that i can agree with would be 50% reduction is speed while stealth. but taking it away is **** and will never happen. keep dreaming.
  • Random - Harshlands
    Random - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FC + Stealth = 20 min-ish run
    FC - Stealth = 1-2 hour run

^one of the benefits of stealth

like leveling up a toon isn't easy enough with how things stand today

o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anyone that thinks stealth should go is straight up re.tarded. lets just take a away a clerics heals while were at it. and oh yeah lets make sage demon culti give a stealth lvl of 150 go **** yourself 90% of the people that play the game have a lvl 100+ and they would all do the culti if that happened. the class has a skill for reason. the only stealth nerf ive EVER heard that i can agree with would be 50% reduction is speed while stealth. but taking it away is **** and will never happen. keep dreaming.

Let's see, sins have infinite chi. Can stun lock better than a bm. Have teleport skills farther than an archer's range. Want me to keep going on? I know when a nub feels their only method of killing anyone in general is in jeopardy they are always quick to snap at you. LOL, roll a real class you fail. b:shutup
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Eh I see this as rather amusing. Stealth itself makes no differnece. It is the player themselves. Granted you have to be able to play and that is not a lot many do now. To many idiots play. Trying to compare a sin to wizz is just stupid and pointless. Being related to that vid. An archer vs sin or veno vs sin based like that where both actually can play. Would be far more interesting. Bm or barb vs sin as well. It would be the player and class type. Stealth itself is not a true problem for people that know how to deal with it. Not many do though. Less try to learn how.

A decent and possibly good remedy for the QQ'ing about stealth would have been runes that increase stelth detection lvl the max lvl a sin can get atm. Based off the rune lv ofc. With certain rune levels not avlaible till sin stealth lvl goes up as well. That would have been a good addition and a reason to get runes imo within reason ofc. It would have been an interesting aspect to see how people deal with that and how sins adapt as well. Just my thoughts on that.

This isn't a Q_Qing thread though or shouldn't be. If you don't like something try an find fixes for it. Ways to prevent that problem from effecting you. If ya dun want to reroll the class an stop complainin. Just that simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @ Ryo- youre pretending i said things i didnt. i never said sins were NOT OP. and i never said i couldnt play my class with out stealth. im just saying stealth is the ONE thing you shouldnt nerf on the sins. lets just take away venos pets or a clerics iron heart and BB. go ahead and nerf some of the sins other skills see if i care, ill still kill you just fine.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    like leveling up a toon isn't easy enough with how things stand today

o.o
    with $0 cash and 20k to your name?
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    with $0 cash and 20k to your name?

Yes. If you disagree try lvling with out your hypers.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Then stealth needs to go. There shouldn't be a way past mortality. If the sin is about to get fried then I want my fish sticks now!

You've bin reading my comic haven't you? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have not but if it is amusing I may wats teh link? tell meh!b:beg
    Yes i am bored to death its why I am wanting to read it XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes. If you disagree try lvling with out your hypers.
    oh, I use hypers in FC, with a 101 "clearing" it for me
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If stealth was removed I would see all the bad sins complain about not being able to kill anyone, and all the good ones continue on as if nothing happened because they didn't need it to begin with.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Definatly. It is why I honestly suggest adding runes with increased stealth lev and adding a req rune lvl for stealth lv basis within reason ofc. This would be rather fun and a reason to actually keep lvling and playing. As well as aquring different aspects of the game. Since this would mean ppl have to actually play to get that and such hehe

also this though is not really a req to do if you want to beat them. However it takes a specialized genie to do it. That being the bs part. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If stealth was removed I would see all the bad sins complain about not being able to kill anyone, and all the good ones continue on as if nothing happened because they didn't need it to begin with.
    oh I'd be pissed off about it going away, doesn't mean I couldn't kill anything..
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You're all mentally challenged. And i would bet my left nut none of you have played a sin in a real TW. Try taking out a cleric in the back of a cata squad and live with out stealth. But because I don't feel like arguing a point to special people ill just play along. NERF THE STEALTH WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111!!11ONE!!!!!ONE!!ELLEVEN111!!
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I srsly laugh at ppl like you. That rage about a lot of stuff. Yet never have the ability to use common sense. A good cata squad wouldnt have a dead cleric with them. Nor would they be going without their support. This is why I see idiots like you that tend to make me laugh.
    As it is a good cata cleric wouldnt die to you. If they do thats because odds are they are not a good cata cleric. Were not paying attention to your hits and ignoring you. If that or generally didn;t care to deal with you since your an obvious idiot and not worth their time.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

• RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I srsly laugh at ppl like you. That rage about a lot of stuff. Yet never have the ability to use common sense. A good cata squad wouldnt have a dead cleric with them. Nor would they be going without their support. This is why I see idiots like you that tend to make me laugh.
    As it is a good cata cleric wouldnt die to you. If they do thats because odds are they are not a good cata cleric. Were not paying attention to your hits and ignoring you. If that or generally didn;t care to deal with you since your an obvious idiot and not worth their time.b:bye

lol a good sin doesnt need stealth to kill people.......yet........a sin WITH stealth cant kill a cleric...........will someone with a brain come back me up here?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That's simple:

1. 60 Tokens > 6 Wine > Wedding Invitation fm Wedding NPC > 1 extra shards quest per day (Crazy Stone Quest from NPC Tuheng)

2. 40 Tokens > 4 Martial Arts Scrolls > Martial Arts NPC (who converts up to 4 a day to Elite Golden Silkwork) > 50% exp - 1 hour

4. Bounty Hunter (free and just takes time, people and ok sometimes wine)

This is the old school method of leveling.

b:victory

Not quite. Tokens did not exist at first and neither did bounty hunter. The past map was added fairly early on so that's fine. The old method was everything you mentioned, other than the parts I quoted you on.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Random - Harshlands
    Random - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the old method was
    1) finish what quests you have
    2)hope some oracles drop and no pkers are there camping if not buy some
    3) grind the last 30% (and pray to god a 2x event comes up)

atleast this was it when i was lvl 3x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That's simple:

1. 60 Tokens > 6 Wine > Wedding Invitation fm Wedding NPC > 1 extra shards quest per day (Crazy Stone Quest from NPC Tuheng)

2. 40 Tokens > 4 Martial Arts Scrolls > Martial Arts NPC (who converts up to 4 a day to Elite Golden Silkwork) > 50% exp - 1 hour

3. World Quest (free and just takes time)

4. Bounty Hunter (free and just takes time, people and ok sometimes wine)

5. Dragon Quests (free and just takes time)

6. Punish and Praise Quests from Envoy of Justice (NPCS vary according to level). You purchase a Order of Justice and then select a mob to kill) once per hour only. The trick here is to select a mob you have a quest for, so you are killing 2 birds with one stone.

7. Fishing & Mijii > head to Lonely Sea with a group, get your 2x Experience Scrolls ready and aoe (we call it fishing - these mobs are highly aggressive, spawn fast and give good experience).

8. Spiders > same as above but the spiders are around Avalance and around Snowy.

9. Set up a chat room (FB Help 19-79 etc..) and offer your services to those that have tabs for FBs, since they do give experience to squad members.

10. TT - there is (sorry I forget) some repeatable quests in TT (I think 2-3?), and they give experience.

11. Quests and Mijii (dbl exp scrolls), squad up, run your quests

12. Chronos map 3 > AOE Party and Mijii

This is the old school method of leveling.

b:victory

Steath is a perk... but not necessary.

Cool dude, I'm glad you figured it out. Even doing those things though would take you AGES compaired to hypering. I never said it was impossible though.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Zhen parties bch's

Yea those were actually good times. As far as stealth, hell I don't care, maybe keep it for pve purposes and just yank the cord by making stealth detection level 300 on all players by default so it's disabled in pk.

I don't even want to comment on how easy it is to take out a cleric in TW w/o stealth let alone that I've done it in the past without a charm or pots too... Oh whoops I made a comment.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.