Gold

Options
ArchSaber - Sanctuary
ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
It's price just sky rocketed like crazy.

Theres someone selling for 2mil each on sanc. gosh darn it whats wrong with people

Just wanted to express my feelings sorry

EDIT: I just feel worse now that i said plumetted lol
AP classes are a real butt pounding...
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    you should probably grab a dictionary there, champ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niryn - Lost City
    Niryn - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its way too dumb the price of gold, really someone should monitor the gold prices be nice to not have to be really rich or have rich parents either in game or in real life to buy gold...
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think you mean sky-rocketed, because plummet means sink really fast.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Medals make me happy. Gold will be at it's cap for the rest of the week...
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Medals make me happy. Gold will be at it's cap for the rest of the week...

What cap?
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's price just plummeted like crazy.

Theres someone buying for 2mil each on sanc. gosh darn it

Just wanted to express my feelings sorry

What are you talking about, the highest buy is 1.3
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What cap?

Gold's current cap via AH is 2mil.

The chance for gold to reach that cap due to r9 medals being in CS is pretty high.

Either way they die
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gold's current cap via AH is 2mil.

The chance for gold to reach that cap due to r9 medals being in CS is pretty high.

Nop.. saw it for 3m earlier. Now it's at 2.5m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nop.. saw it for 3m earlier. Now it's at 2.5m.

WTF o.O

When the hell did gold cap go up?

Either way they die
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    limit gold to 1mil only
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gold has never had a cap as far as I know.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well there is definitely a gold cap of 196,078,400
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the ****ers removed the cap with the first rank sale. it originally was 1m. now it's got no cap.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the ****ers removed the cap with the first rank sale. it originally was 1m. now it's got no cap.

This.

Or at least, noone knows the current cap for sure. I would assume 200,000,000 per gold is a technical limit at the least.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It always used to be capped at 1m. They raised the cap about a month ago.

BUT. A cap cannot and will not work.

People will simply stop trading gold via the AH and instead trade it indirectly by buying the items and shouting in WC a lot.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It always used to be capped at 1m. They raised the cap about a month ago.

BUT. A cap cannot and will not work.

People will simply stop trading gold via the AH and instead trade it indirectly by buying the items and shouting in WC a lot.

That method would be messy, inconsistant and pretty much unused. Id place reasonable money that if there was a 1m cap, items would NOT greatly exceed that in percieved value. That or people would waste half their cash / time haggling over an average that people dont really know, that would be in constant dispute and many people would simply go "**** it, 1 mill" at. Cashoppers are lazy. Hence why they cashop? (I know not all are lazy, but you know what I mean... Its a shortcut :p)
  • Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear
    Mitzuki_T - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They raised the cap so eventually it will pull more free 2 play players to either buy and sell zen or just buy zen out of the need. I mean who wants to spend 24mil on a full bank stone etc? Sad of them but very ironically it's sadly smart.

Oh PWI how I hate you so, but yet your too fun to just up and quit
    b:cryb:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That method would be messy, inconsistant and pretty much unused. Id place reasonable money that if there was a 1m cap, items would NOT greatly exceed that in percieved value. That or people would waste half their cash / time haggling over an average that people dont really know, that would be in constant dispute and many people would simply go "**** it, 1 mill" at. Cashoppers are lazy. Hence why they cashop? (I know not all are lazy, but you know what I mean... Its a shortcut :p)

The auction house will become a ghost town, and gold will not move at all, in any way, shape, or form, if there is a 1m coin/gold cap.

I for one, would stop selling gold in a heartbeat if that cap was put back in place. I'm positive that a large number of people would also feel that way, especially with gold being more than 2m/gold right now.

Expect stupid high gold prices to continue.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can't wait until next week for the D. Orb sale so gold goes up even more!
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The auction house will become a ghost town, and gold will not move at all, in any way, shape, or form, if there is a 1m coin/gold cap.

I for one, would stop selling gold in a heartbeat if that cap was put back in place. I'm positive that a large number of people would also feel that way, especially with gold being more than 2m/gold right now.

Expect stupid high gold prices to continue.

Then take your money and go. Your money is like a drop in the ocean to PWE's annual income. Like it or not, your money doesn't matter. A large portion, MUCH larger than not, want the gold cap back.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, you SAY you wouldnt charge.... But you would. Soon enough, youd need that 1mill to learn that sage / demon skill or ti buy enough mirages to refine that nice new weapon to +3 before you drop orbs on it....

You put money in for lower before, youl put money in for less again.
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gold prices in Archosaur arent dropping or raising either
    since last 2 weeks
    around 1m~1.4m
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Tell that to MY-EN where people were already using that method quite commonly.
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gold prices in Archosaur arent dropping or raising either
    since last 2 weeks
    around 1m~1.4m

All the gold in HT got sold out half an hour before maint and someone tried to be a genius and sell theirs for 3mil each.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    All the gold in HT got sold out half an hour before maint and someone tried to be a genius and sell theirs for 3mil each.

That actually sounds so much like what I saw in Sanctuary...teehee
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Tell that to MY-EN where people were already using that method quite commonly.

Thats MY-EN. Not here. Different places, different community, difference class of laziness.

But sinceI no longer care too much, do it. all of my money comes from NPCing DQ items nowadays anyway. I cant get gold as it is, if it goes higher, il not be harmed :D
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I normally have to sell things for money too, but gold prices is a big factor to the things I need to buy now. b:sad
  • dhynna
    dhynna Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jst 2 things

1. if gold prices keep going up at this insane rate, soon itll be out of reach of non cashers. 3mil for 1 gold simply isnt worth it. so if non cashers cant buy gold , who ll?

2. since the price of gold will go up , non cashers ll try to compensate with making prices of things go higher as well. but sadly npc wont raise the payments b:chuckle so no money for non cashers , no sale of items , no sale of gold. that ll make cash items hard to sell as well.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    WTF o.O

When the hell did gold cap go up?

Never been a gold cap on the US servers, only MY, and that's been gone a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Some people may want the gold cap to be set at 1 million (or 2, or pick your number), but those who actually charge their Visa would logically prefer no cap: More coin for their dollar, that way.

Which segment of the populace do you think the business would listen to? The ones who pay the bills, or the rest?

For that matter, you would be surprised at the number of non-charging players who like the gold rate being flexible, rather than capped at 1 million.

Also, any artificial limit on exchange rates has historically led to a moribund economy, and economic collapse.

The gold cap isn't going back to 1 million, I believe.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.