Gold

2»

Comments

• Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    dhynna wrote: »
    jst 2 things

1. if gold prices keep going up at this insane rate, soon itll be out of reach of non cashers. 3mil for 1 gold simply isnt worth it. so if non cashers cant buy gold , who ll?

2. since the price of gold will go up , non cashers ll try to compensate with making prices of things go higher as well. but sadly npc wont raise the payments b:chuckle so no money for non cashers , no sale of items , no sale of gold. that ll make cash items hard to sell as well.

The ability to sell gold depends on people's ability to buy it... If it goes up and sells successfully, somebody can afford it. Considering some of my friends are non-cashers with full +10 and some +12 gear...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Some people may want the gold cap to be set at 1 million (or 2, or pick your number), but those who actually charge their Visa would logically prefer no cap: More coin for their dollar, that way.

Which segment of the populace do you think the business would listen to? The ones who pay the bills, or the rest?

For that matter, you would be surprised at the number of non-charging players who like the gold rate being flexible, rather than capped at 1 million.

Also, any artificial limit on exchange rates has historically led to a moribund economy, and economic collapse.

The gold cap isn't going back to 1 million, I believe.

As I said in a previous post, the money someone's putting in is like comparing a drop into the ocean. That single person's money won't matter, hell a thousand player's money wont matter.

Edit: And I'm not the only one who will agree when I say that PWI was more fun back at the same time gold "omghighashellprice" was 250k....
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's just the "after maint spike" due to return of long gone item. It'll go back down a bit in a few days.