What are psys weak against?

Psycoson - Archosaur
Psycoson - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Psychic
Everybody knows that when it comes to endgame classes Psychic are the best (especially when we have 50k+ soulforce b:chuckle ) but is that any class that can proved a threat when we get that or before we get that kind of power.
Post edited by Psycoson - Archosaur on

Comments

• manic17
    manic17 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    im lvl 85 psy and and really the only class ive had trouble with was assassins at first but theyre nothing now and archers give me a pain most of all.
  • dream2die
    dream2die Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sins and archers that know how to play their class (immune to freeze/slow/stun, move out of range until psychic will runs out etc)
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It seems that mystics might sometimes be a challenge for psys as well, seeing as how absorb soul ignores psy buffs and thicket can pierce stunning and retalliation. Archers can be tough too, but it's usually who stuns who first and unfortunately they have an anti stun >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Archers and zerk crit classes who know what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thundershock
  • Troller - Sanctuary
    Troller - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Being attacked while afk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Despite the name, only a part time troll. b:victory
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thundershock

you are paralyzed. cannot attack.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    you are paralyzed. cannot attack.

Zanryu used Full Restore!
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2011

not even a psychic D: why you guys here QQ
    Aracnius uses Rest (cuz im going to bed o.o), user is now asleep with full hp \o/

to original post, er i would have to say better geared wizzies o.o, in normal duels i can beat pretty much any archer i know (er almost any) so if your speaking in TW terms or PK mode, yeah probably would have to say archer, but speaking of dueling no... archers are way easy kills (along with clerics \o/)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011

Cashshopper used charge credit card!!

A critical hit!
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    On topic...

I find myself constantly killed by cashshopped Seekers (GEMINI SLASH IS OP, it needs a god damn nurf, holy **** nuggets!) Archers, and everything that twitches more than three times a second.

And the Rank 9 class. b:scorn
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    On topic...

I find myself constantly killed by cashshopped Seekers (GEMINI SLASH IS OP, it needs a god damn nurf, holy **** nuggets!) Archers, and everything that twitches more than three times a second.

And the Rank 9 class. b:scorn

Um... you sure? Seekers hits aren't really devastating unless they manage a zerk crit... I can sit there and tank them for quite some time if need be, and these are R8 Seekers I'm talking about. Maybe at lower levels their attacks are quite powerful.. but at higher levels they don't seem to be much of a threat. With Rank 9 that may change but... any class with Rank 9 hurts so eh... oh well.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Um... you sure? Seekers hits aren't really devastating unless they manage a zerk crit... I can sit there and tank them for quite some time if need be, and these are R8 Seekers I'm talking about. Maybe at lower levels their attacks are quite powerful.. but at higher levels they don't seem to be much of a threat. With Rank 9 that may change but... any class with Rank 9 hurts so eh... oh well.

like i said before r9 seekers will be annoying. thank god they're HA.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Being attacked while afk.

Try killing UrDian while he's afk without apoth pots b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Intensify - Raging Tide
    Intensify - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Psychic's can own any class. In fact, any class can own another. It just comes up to the player's skill and knowledge about PvP. Although, if I had to choose a class psychic's are weakest against it would be Cleric.b:pleased
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Psychic's can own any class. In fact, any class can own another. It just comes up to the player's skill and knowledge about PvP. Although, if I had to choose a class psychic's are weakest against it would be Cleric.b:pleased

I only agree with any class can own another but it requires great deal of effort. But as per psychic point of view I own almost all of my lvl range or even up to 4 lvls more than me. So I have stopped dueling those in that range. Now I usually duel 7x n even 8x ones n fairly manage to win 30-45 % of them. Psy will n soul of retaliation is the key factor of Psy duel. I usually only duel after I have my 2 sparks n chi bar is full b:laugh

Also other mage classes cant cast as fast as a psy n usually I bubble myself when duel is about to start .As per wat I hav seen archers aren't of a threat to psy but yes sin has to be handled carefully since their fast hits can kill u b4 u know so I usually stun them as soon as I come out of the stun then combine soul burn n psy will .
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Tbh, the classes I hate fighting the most are psys -> wizzes -> barbs -> seekers (?).
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    I only agree with any class can own another but it requires great deal of effort. But as per psychic point of view I own almost all of my lvl range or even up to 4 lvls more than me. So I have stopped dueling those in that range. Now I usually duel 7x n even 8x ones n fairly manage to win 30-45 % of them. Psy will n soul of retaliation is the key factor of Psy duel. I usually only duel after I have my 2 sparks n chi bar is full b:laugh

Also other mage classes cant cast as fast as a psy n usually I bubble myself when duel is about to start .As per wat I hav seen archers aren't of a threat to psy but yes sin has to be handled carefully since their fast hits can kill u b4 u know so I usually stun them as soon as I come out of the stun then combine soul burn n psy will .

You'll find that at higher lvls things start to scale differently. At 10x, a r8 archer will hurt especially if they get you while in black which isn't hard with all the range they have. A good wizard who knows what they're doing will always pose a challenge. Everyone will find out how to get around retalliation which just makes it good for giving yourself enough time to psy will when sins attack you out of stealth, or preventing your enemy from leading with the skill they want to, but it's not really hard to get around.

Clerics are easy, it just takes good timing which is what psys are all about. Can't let them catch you in black voodoo. Remember, the point of the voodoos is to make your enemies fight on your terms.

In general the classes I don't like fighting so much on my psy are sins(because they're boring to fight), archers, wizzies, and charmed barbs. Seekers are actually kinda easy if you know their skills. But I bet at r9 with all that hp and defense lvls they'll become much more annoying to fight than even barbs QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nothing can stop a real psychic ^^
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nothing can stop a real psychic ^^
    +1 b:chuckle
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    For magic classes, use only white voodoo; soulburn; bleeds; and status effect attacks (red tide, stone smasher, sandball clash, earth vector ect.).

For sins, just judge which voodoo is appropriate for the situation, and force the sin to use-up both stealths so that they have no choice but to remain unstealthed.

Everything else you faceroll.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    For magic classes, use only white voodoo; soulburn; bleeds; and status effect attacks (red tide, stone smasher, sandball clash, earth vector ect.).

For sins, just judge which voodoo is appropriate for the situation, and force the sin to use-up both stealths so that they have no choice but to remain unstealthed.

Everything else you faceroll.

What about casters who aren't too dumb to know what soulburn does? And how is the lowered attack rate from stone smasher gonna help against them? If you're gonna use stone smasher may as well do it in black lol for the dmg potential. Anyway, stunning provides a nice chance to switch into black, follow up with landslide for interrupt if you're not close enough rather than vecter right away, so you don't stun too soon to where stunning is still in effect. Red Tide really is kinda a suckish skill unless you have +12 everything maybe, but otherwise the sparks are better used elsewhere.

Oh, and most people don't even plan on getting the 100 skills. There's a psy on my server who I know has them, but the only time he ever uses them is just to show off how they look. He said he never uses them in actualy battle cause the cast time isn't very practical, not for a psy at least, and they aren't very needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenalien
    zenalien Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I like to save my soulburn for archers it's funny when they are trying to kyte and you watch them die off in the distance though I think I might give up trying to chase down a r9 archer
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only safe way to beat a psychic as wiz is to 1shot it by using FoW --> Blade Tempest

If you can not do that because the psy is in white voodoo you are screwed because attacking it will hurt you more than them + they will counterattack and once you get 2.5k dmg from soul of retaliation + their spam hits dmg you can imagine how long you will last.

greetz harm0wnie
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if u have 10k hp and is charmed and u get soulburned all u do is kite 2,5k isnt gona kill u and wait it out and once it is gona wiz will own the psy.
    the end.

u have badge for stun and there is a genie skill wish remove stun also i think its spamable.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Clerics.

If you stun them, you HAVE to kill them within that 6 second time frame, otherwise they'll just heal up. And often they've spammed heal on themselves before you stun them, making it harder. It's doable, but demands three sparks (Tide Spirit), and wasting 3 sparks on one opponent is pretty annoying.
    If they sleep you, then yeah, gg. You take 11% more damage, you probably have lackluster physical resistance and they're gonna triple spark + 300% weapon damage physical attack you. You can tank it with White Voodoo perhaps, but the problem with white is that you're never gonna kill the cleric and they can box you into a corner. White voodoo damage simply can't kill a cleric, plume shot IS spammable and hurts a decent amount so you're kind of on the ropes, and the only useful tool you have is Soulburn. Yes, many people are stupid and kill themselves on it, but if we're talking about a good cleric that knows what they're doing, they won't. At most Soulburn can buy you some time to try and kill, but if they're smart they'll just sleep you during it the moment you go black.

Best option is the first one I mentioned, in my experience, but yeah, it's also annoying as hell to waste three sparks on ONE target. Having a cleric after you in a group fight makes it a thousand times more frustrating.

I also think Mystics could POTENTIALLY be bad for us, but so far I've yet to have trouble with them. Maybe no one's figured them out yet.
    On the flip side, Seekers are easy as balls and sins really aren't fond of us.
    Both Human classes can be a lot of fun to fight. I think we have the upper hand against wizzies and I think a truly good BM would have the upper hand on us, but the way the fights are set up allows dumb luck to change the tides, or a mistake can cost you everything.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Clerics I don't find too difficult, there are several ways I kill them.

First, you can safely assume they will attempt to sleep you at the beginning of a fight...so spark that sleep and resist it, then pound on the cleric with earth vector followed by normal spam skills + landslide when they try to cast something, and you'll have a dead cleric. (black voodoo the whole fight)

Another way that works is by using tide spirit. If you tide spirit just before the beginning of a fight, you have quite a few options. You can either go white voodoo and instacast soulburn to open the fight, and then let them kill themselves on it. Alternatively, you can stay black voodoo and open with an instacast earth vector, then just kill them nice and easy with your instacast spells during the tide spirit/earth vector stun duration.

The last way is simply to start in white voodoo, and cast bubble of life just before the fight starts. Once theyve debuffed you/have started spamming plume shot, just toss up psychic will, switch to black voodoo, and kill them with any of the combos mentioned above.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I also think Mystics could POTENTIALLY be bad for us, but so far I've yet to have trouble with them. Maybe no one's figured them out yet.
    On the flip side, Seekers are easy as balls and sins really aren't fond of us.
    Both Human classes can be a lot of fun to fight. I think we have the upper hand against wizzies and I think a truly good BM would have the upper hand on us, but the way the fights are set up allows dumb luck to change the tides, or a mistake can cost you everything.

That's because you have that super annoying genie skill that shall not be named because I've only fought two psys on our server who actually use it and I don't want any others to get the idea >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Nothing if with enough skill and decent gear they can kill just about any class in the game, even the so called OP assassin with 5aps fear psychics. lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What about casters who aren't too dumb to know what soulburn does? And how is the lowered attack rate from stone smasher gonna help against them? If you're gonna use stone smasher may as well do it in black lol for the dmg potential. Anyway, stunning provides a nice chance to switch into black, follow up with landslide for interrupt if you're not close enough rather than vecter right away, so you don't stun too soon to where stunning is still in effect. Red Tide really is kinda a suckish skill unless you have +12 everything maybe, but otherwise the sparks are better used elsewhere.

Oh, and most people don't even plan on getting the 100 skills. There's a psy on my server who I know has them, but the only time he ever uses them is just to show off how they look. He said he never uses them in actualy battle cause the cast time isn't very practical, not for a psy at least, and they aren't very needed.

Stone smasher lowers casting + attack rate. I only mentioned stone smasher and red tide because it was a status effect skill. Just because I say it lowers a status doesn't mean you have to use it.

Anyways, for magic classes you use soulburn as a way to indirectly "stun" the smart magic classes since they cant do anything w/o fear of being damaged, but I usually use it after earth vector or if sandball clash silences while im in white voodoo, then switch to black and kill.

White voodoo is the stalling buff btw.

I always use the 100 skills in pk...ijs.