What do YOU do during your world quest?

Options
_Alcmena_ - Sanctuary
_Alcmena_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
b:pleased

Yes that obnoxious thing we call world quest. I looked around the site leave this post dead if you please if there is another thread like this. I didn't see one so I decided to make one b:chuckle

I'm always curious as to what people do exactly when they do world quest you'd be surprised at all the things people do while they WQ b:laugh

As for me. I watch anime like a nutcase. b:cute
Post edited by _Alcmena_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fap.

b:cute
  • DirtyDiana - Sanctuary
    DirtyDiana - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I play another game...Wow or SC2 or something like that
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Read the forums, play something else, wonder why I started WQ again when I know how long and boring it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    People still do WQb:shocked
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

If youve reason to be AFK (Watching anime, eating dinner etc) Its pretty good exp.

Especially at 100, its just over 350k exp or something. Worth the afk time for sure.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yep!
    b:pleased

I calculate and modify what gear/refines/shards I want to work toward. Sometimes I hang out with my alt char trying to get a low level BH going. The squad is rarely fully formed by the time I'm done with WQ (~1hr 15min).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I ragequit the quest at book 10, and go FCC to get 10x more exp in half the time of the WQ.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I ragequit the quest at book 10, and go FCC to get 10x more exp in half the time of the WQ.

You miss the point of WQ completely then :(
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I talk to people in my guild...if im fortunate enough to be in one. b:sad otherwise i look around online, checking back in on where my character is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I read a book, play another game, go walk with the dog, watch tv, take a nap, talk to people in my fac..
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • _Alcmena_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heck I always do my wq though right now it only being .5% but hey it's free exp why NOT? b:pleased

edit: I have always made plenty of alts but never followed through with them I can't break it to myself to play another character after i've put so much time and care into my veno I just can't do it :(
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i watch my girl friend strip tease for me or i strip tease for herb:cute sometimes her friends like to join inb:mischievousb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • _Alcmena_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    i watch my girl friend strip tease for me or i strip tease for herb:cute sometimes her friends like to join inb:mischievousb:avoid

LOL "honey it's wq time - nudgenudge-" b:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd perhaps do WQ, if auto path had an option to play some sort of bell/alarm noise when you reach the destination and the options menu in game also allows you to set the game so when you click onto the desktop or something else, the screen doesn't freeze so you don't know where you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sybarine - Sanctuary
    Sybarine - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd perhaps do WQ, if auto path had an option to play some sort of bell/alarm noise when you reach the destination and the options menu in game also allows you to set the game so when you click onto the desktop or something else, the screen doesn't freeze so you don't know where you are.

That'd be really handy. Most of the time, I end up forgetting I'm in the middle of WQ after getting absorbed in whatever else I'm doing online.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Options

Nothing to say you have to do one WQ every day. Just start to the next book (Max height, no auto-drop) whenever you need to go AFK for any length of time (To eat, quick trip to the shop, bathroom, watch a TV show..) even if you only do 2-3 books a day its more productive than just standing there.
  • DAMAGE_INC - Dreamweaver
    DAMAGE_INC - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Youtube b:victory b:laugh
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    People still do WQ everyday b:shocked Dont think ive done it in over 1 year, i wouldn't even do it for a 7X-8X char at 99.5% out of activations and on exhaustion. I will never be that desperate for exp.

Use to be a bit fun to do WQ back when the world map was filled with people and the books where crowded, than you run into pk, random chatting and drama pretty much every time.

If you need herbs/mats its pretty nice to dig your way through the WQ route to.

A lot of new players have no clue what WQ is though, i dont think they need to know about it either lol. Not like they're missing out on anything. WQ is the most boring thing developers ever came up with and its also a total waste of time. You spend 30-60 min and you get maybe 2% at 9X. Its not even fun the first time you do it.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Haven't done WQ since it stopped being a challenge due to the PvP along the way. The amount of exp is NOT worth the time, even if I'm afk imo. And since I'm not actively leveling any of my characters right now (if someone asks me to frost, sure, but I'm not seeking them), then the exp REALLY doesnt matter to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Relieve myself.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I do my homework
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL "honey it's wq time - nudgenudge-" b:chuckle

thts exactly what we say to each other sense she plays to and we do "WQ" together when were in the mood tob:cuteb:dirtyb:sin
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Drop cinder blocks from 78 height at random intervals, then giggle with glee whenever I see a 'rez plz' pop up in the chat. >=3

Er...I mean...watch random nonsense online.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    some time i look around on web. and yes i do wq at lvl 101 forthat 0.01% in lvl. its more exp then doing bh for very little exp. i also do the crazy shard for 0.01% of lvlb:shutup
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That'd be really handy. Most of the time, I end up forgetting I'm in the middle of WQ after getting absorbed in whatever else I'm doing online.

Same here. Before I hit 70, I didn't get as much ingame time, as I spend quite a bit of time before logging in doing my usual online activities: checking the forums, my email, IM, facebook, etc. Now, I log in first, start my world quest, switch to window mode, then do all of that while I WQ. But, like you, I often get absorbed, especially if I end up making active posts(Like this very post here)

And for the record, doing world quest this very moment. b:chuckle
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fap.

b:cute

And here I thought I was the only one. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I just don't do WQ, waste of time even if I go afk and you shouldn't do either if you are watching movie, doin homework or whatever, just set up a shop: money > exp.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I usually just go draw... Lately I'm trying to figure out though how some diff programs I downloaded work :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's world quest ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If youve reason to be AFK (Watching anime, eating dinner etc) Its pretty good exp.

Especially at 100, its just over 350k exp or something. Worth the afk time for sure.
    lolz yea I guess that's the problem, I'm rarely afk. I did WQ in the x8 but not for long. 350k exp isn't much and since I'm not lvling it's pointless, which leads me to an idea I once thought about, PWI needs to update quest rewards >_>; 13k coins and crappy 2 star item for lvl 99 20 20 20 quest is RUBBISH! Yes the rep is good..kinda...but I think any challenge quest like that should have at least 300k coins, 1k rep and maybe some good gear or none lol. So if WQ really had nice rewards, a chance to get 1m coins maybe, the random items you get, if they had a use....then it would be encouraging to do WQ. But that's just what I think. And I'm glad there are still people who do these kind of quests, really, doesn't make me feel too old school lol