Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• goldenuser
    goldenuser Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i have a lesser soulsphere and it has 0 durability (0/14) how can i add more?
    I am sick of looking of a way since, you said we could ask any questions, how do i add more durability?b:angry
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    0 durability means that you used the item until it broke. When you look at the item's info, you should see somewhere it showing some text like "Shattered!" as well as what items you need to be able to repair your gear. Gather those items then talk to a blacksmith (for weapons), a tailor (for armor), or a craftsman (for a ring, belt, or necklace).

Hope I Helped ^^
  • mustangbaby
    mustangbaby Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    When i was first playing this game i was able to pan my camera around me and now i cant even figure out how to move or anything can someone please help me i am so lost now can someone please help me with this now please help me with the controls and the camerab:thanks
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    F9 Will bring up a window with camera controls.

Also:

- Right-click + drag moves the camera angle around
    - Left-click makes your character move to the spot clicked on
    - W moves your character forward
    - A moves your character sideways to the left
    - S moves your character backwards
    - D moves your character sideways to the right
    - Z or down arrow decreases your elevation, when flying or swimming
    - Space or up arrow increases your elevation, when flying or swimming

Hope I Helped ^^
  • rubz4145
    rubz4145 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hello , i have the same issue as yang i cant seem to enter the game ,,
    i have downloaded and installed the game .,,,but i keep geetin an error saying user name is wrng

helpp plz
  • illustration
    illustration Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Really Helped me. thank you !!
    Im excited to play the game!!
    Im just waiting for my download to finish.
  • _Mizaki_ - Archosaur
    _Mizaki_ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hello!

I have two questions.

1.) How can I get a reset note? So how can i allocate my char's stat points?
    I have a sin and I think its statpoints are not well-divided.

2.) What do i have to do when an npc is covered by other characters?
    I know it's in the tips when the game is loading but i could never read it...
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this seriously needs and update...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1.) How can I get a reset note? So how can i allocate my char's stat points?
    I have a sin and I think its statpoints are not well-divided.

2.) What do i have to do when an npc is covered by other characters?
    I know it's in the tips when the game is loading but i could never read it...

(1) reset notes are cash shop items; they cost gold. if your char is very low level, it's probably not worth it --- for a minor misbuild, just correct it as you keep leveling up, and for a really major misbuild of a low-level char, abandon it and start another.

(2) hold down shift when you click.

and yeah, now that i'm reading the original guide, it *seriously* needs an update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ugh, impossible . . . I am posting . . . here!

Well simple question, there is a thread that can tell me how to change back my ingame UI to the one before. And I can't find it. It won't let me enter UI as a search term. Can someone link it to me please?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ugh, impossible . . . I am posting . . . here!

Well simple question, there is a thread that can tell me how to change back my ingame UI to the one before. And I can't find it. It won't let me enter UI as a search term. Can someone link it to me please?

o-o This?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13158091
    Or or or?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12386971

Oh i think this is the exact thing?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5734581&postcount=46

Power of google. xD
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol google does wonders.
  • visagevortexx
    visagevortexx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey, i was just wandering out of all of the games on this site to download, which is the most like Rune Scape?
  • tamagochie
    tamagochie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is there any file that I can Download the pat
  • tamagochie
    tamagochie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is there any file that I can Download the patch?
    Cause anytime I patch it, and says UPDATING, then when it comes to "task.data"
    it keeps saying Download/update, it keeps all over again..

any help??
  • Inika - Raging Tide
    Inika - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is there a way I can change the server or world I logged onto in the first place? I've been searching and searching for the button and I can't find it.
    (yes, I just started today. P: )
    help is appreciated! thanks (:
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is there a way I can change the server or world I logged onto in the first place? I've been searching and searching for the button and I can't find it.

yes. at the log-in screen, right after you click the big round orange "start" button, there's a small button called "server select" or something like it. it's easy to miss, but it's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • kentaroasano
    kentaroasano Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok embarassed to have to ask but Im a noob on these sorts of things- the different expansions for PW- such as Raging Tides and now Genissis- are they all inclusive? I mean when i downloaded Genssis did I get Raging Tides and all the earlier versions? If not, is there a way I can ownload those in addition to the Genissis pack?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok embarassed to have to ask but Im a noob on these sorts of things- the different expansions for PW- such as Raging Tides and now Genissis- are they all inclusive? I mean when i downloaded Genssis did I get Raging Tides and all the earlier versions?

yes .
  • lilmomosanchez
    lilmomosanchez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    CHARACTER RELATED

How do I make a faction?
    -If you're over level 20 and have 100,000 coins, you can talk to the Faction Manager in East Archosaur(north of the docks) to start a Faction.

What are the benefits of being in a faction?
    -Factions are ways for people to get together. It helps you find a group to work with, and gives you people to talk to. Also, some factions choose to participate in Territory Wars, a PvP event where factions battle each other to gain territories (check the Territory map by pressing M, then the Territories button).

What's the highest possible level in this game?
    -105. This may be increased in the future, as equipment of a higher level exists.

What are AGI/CON/INT?
    -These are names from the Malaysian version of Perfect World. AGI = DEX, CON = VIT, INT = MAG. STR was called STR in the Malaysian version as well.

How do I switch between Clothes and Armor so other people can see them?
    -In your inventory (press B), at the top, there are buttons to switch between equipment windows. Next to these buttons are circles you click on, these toggle the clothes/armor view.

How do I transfer items between characters on the same account?
    -You could mail the items at a postbox, just enter the character's name. Or you could bring both characters to a remote place, drop the items, then relog and pick them back up on the other character. Note that Perfect World Entertainment is not responsible for any items lost in this fashion.
    Also, you could ask someone you trust to trade the items to your other character.

Where are the Attack/Meditate buttons?
    -They are in your emote window (press E).

How do I gain Attack/Defense levels?
    -Currently, the only way is to imbue a lvl 12 soulgem into your armor/weapon. However, no one has obtained any of these so far.

What characters are allowed in a name?
    -Currently, only uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, underscores ( _ ) and slashes ( / and \ ) are allowed.

What's Zhen or a Zhenning party?
    -This is an AoE setup used in the later levels. Wizards and Archers have a continuous AoE attack that only stops when they choose to stop it or they run out of mana. Add some people to pull monsters into their range (Barbarians and Blademasters), a Cleric to keep everyone healed, some charms to automatically restore HP/MP, and you have a Zhen squad. These will get you exp a lot faster than regular grinding, but do take note the Charms will cost a lot. Also, remember that going away from your keyboard while your AoE is on isn't allowed and may result in a ban.
    how do i create a character??? :( im so frustrated
  • lilmomosanchez
    lilmomosanchez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    CHARACTER RELATED

How do I make a faction?
    -If you're over level 20 and have 100,000 coins, you can talk to the Faction Manager in East Archosaur(north of the docks) to start a Faction.

What are the benefits of being in a faction?
    -Factions are ways for people to get together. It helps you find a group to work with, and gives you people to talk to. Also, some factions choose to participate in Territory Wars, a PvP event where factions battle each other to gain territories (check the Territory map by pressing M, then the Territories button).

What's the highest possible level in this game?
    -105. This may be increased in the future, as equipment of a higher level exists.

What are AGI/CON/INT?
    -These are names from the Malaysian version of Perfect World. AGI = DEX, CON = VIT, INT = MAG. STR was called STR in the Malaysian version as well.

How do I switch between Clothes and Armor so other people can see them?
    -In your inventory (press B), at the top, there are buttons to switch between equipment windows. Next to these buttons are circles you click on, these toggle the clothes/armor view.

How do I transfer items between characters on the same account?
    -You could mail the items at a postbox, just enter the character's name. Or you could bring both characters to a remote place, drop the items, then relog and pick them back up on the other character. Note that Perfect World Entertainment is not responsible for any items lost in this fashion.
    Also, you could ask someone you trust to trade the items to your other character.

Where are the Attack/Meditate buttons?
    -They are in your emote window (press E).

How do I gain Attack/Defense levels?
    -Currently, the only way is to imbue a lvl 12 soulgem into your armor/weapon. However, no one has obtained any of these so far.

What characters are allowed in a name?
    -Currently, only uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, underscores ( _ ) and slashes ( / and \ ) are allowed.

What's Zhen or a Zhenning party?
    -This is an AoE setup used in the later levels. Wizards and Archers have a continuous AoE attack that only stops when they choose to stop it or they run out of mana. Add some people to pull monsters into their range (Barbarians and Blademasters), a Cleric to keep everyone healed, some charms to automatically restore HP/MP, and you have a Zhen squad. These will get you exp a lot faster than regular grinding, but do take note the Charms will cost a lot. Also, remember that going away from your keyboard while your AoE is on isn't allowed and may result in a ban.

b:bored
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How do I get screenshots from PW to my computer? I get that F9 brings up the button where you can click "screenshot" or whatever it is. But after that how do I get it on my computer? Once in photoshop I have tried ctrl V (which is usually my paste button) but nothing comes up.
  • princess92jess
    princess92jess Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    why sometimes we have green attributes???
  • princess92jess
    princess92jess Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How do I get screenshots from PW to my computer? I get that F9 brings up the button where you can click "screenshot" or whatever it is. But after that how do I get it on my computer? Once in photoshop I have tried ctrl V (which is usually my paste button) but nothing comes up.
    +
    click Prt Screen on ur keyboared then go paste it in Paint by clicking "CTRL and V"
  • sareath19871
    sareath19871 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i read the beginners faq but i still cant find cage, i pressed O ingame got into the boutique and from thereon im lost cant find items, tried open all tabs, ran through all items in boutique still dont have cage.... help plz
  • aunesura
    aunesura Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This was good to find out what I might want to know, if just starting out the game, but not if I've never used these silly "Aerocraft" things. I don't know how to summon it so that I can use it and it might have been nice if, oh I don't know, if there was a place that told you how to. so if there is a way to do such, I would love to know how to use this darn thing before its timer runs out and I can't use it.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    aunesura wrote: »
    This was good to find out what I might want to know, if just starting out the game, but not if I've never used these silly "Aerocraft" things. I don't know how to summon it so that I can use it and it might have been nice if, oh I don't know, if there was a place that told you how to. so if there is a way to do such, I would love to know how to use this darn thing before its timer runs out and I can't use it.

Right click the Aerocraft you're trying to use so that it's equipped, press E, and choose the fly action (you can drag it to a hotkey for quick and easy use.) While flying you can use the space bar to ascend and the z key to descend. Hitting the fly action again will let you land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • maxbrandywine454
    maxbrandywine454 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    noob here... lv 10 thank you

How do I add more teleport locations to the teleport map?
    Do I have to physically visit that city and make contact with the teleport chick, or can I use the coordinates somehow?

And can I add teleport locations other than cities?

Also,
    What is the whirling circle that appears around a monster that ultimately throws rocks at me during battle?

Thanks
    edited June 2011
    Options
    How do I add more teleport locations to the teleport map?
    Do I have to physically visit that city and make contact with the teleport chick,

that's how most folks do it, yes.
    or can I use the coordinates somehow?

you can buy a "world map" from the cash shop for five gold, and it'll activate all the teleporters at once for you. most folks don't think it's worth the price.
    And can I add teleport locations other than cities?

no. if there isn't a teleporter NPC standing there, you can't teleport to there.
    What is the whirling circle that appears around a monster that ultimately throws rocks at me during battle?

fair warning. with the right skill, timed correctly, you can stop that rock from being thrown. other monsters with similar ranged attacks sometimes also give you warning.